Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "IIFYM"--yea/nay?

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Re: "IIFYM"--yea/nay?

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    Absolutely ^ why I get pissed when people think it's all aas, they have no clue how hard the dieting is.
    Was just talking to OD about this yesterday, it wasn't until I figured out my nutrition is when I put on size, and the whole myth that carbs will make you fat concept, the right kind of carbs and lots of them (especially if you intensely train 2+ hours a day) your body needs them to perform at your best, and eating the nutrients your body needs to repair and refuel at the right time. I am at 262 right now, and my body fat is pretty low, and I am eating 5800 cals daily, 3800 come from complex carbs...it has been a long time coming to figure it out but you have to see how your body reacts to the foods you consume. For instance...I eat every single morning 15 egg whites, 2 yolks, and 2 servings of Steel Cut Oats with dried cranberries... doesn't change because my body likes that food, as well as other meals are either chicken breast, 1-2c brown rice, and a green veggie like asparagus, or green beans, or broccoli. I don't detour from what I eat daily, just use some low sugar BBQ sauce or something like honey mustard. I will have sushi as a cheat meal, or pizza, or burger, but stick with what works best for your body. I don't eat red meat much at all, even the leanest cuts are high in fats, so stick with leaner choices daily. Can never go wrong with chicken/turkey and rice!!! It's who I am and I really don't consider it dieting either...it's a mind set.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Iron View Post
    I know, it'd just be nice to eat a meal w/o having to run my fist through a wall just to get it down the hatch (figuratively speaking of course).

So many think the weightlifting is the hard part--that's the easy part, the food is the hard part.
    Absolutely! Spices, condiments (low sugar ones), olive oils (flavored), vinegars, and creating meals with flavor is fun, mindset my brother...mindset.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Absolutely! Spices, condiments (low sugar ones), olive oils (flavored), vinegars, and creating meals with flavor is fun, mindset my brother...mindset.
    Right on although I differ in that keto works best for me, I get plenty of energy can train for hours and muscles swell while the fat drops. Once I'm back down to -5-6% will incorporate more than one cheat meal, used to do complete weekend on re-feeds. Along the lines of Dr Mauro Di Pasquale Anabolic diet but with cleaner proteins and healthier fats.
    Last edited by kazman68; 12-14-2017 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    Absolutely ^ why I get pissed when people think it's all aas, they have no clue how hard the dieting is.
    ^ Amen to that that one brother! Meal planning is half the battle!
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Was just talking to OD about this yesterday, it wasn't until I figured out my nutrition is when I put on size, and the whole myth that carbs will make you fat concept, the right kind of carbs and lots of them (especially if you intensely train 2+ hours a day) your body needs them to perform at your best, and eating the nutrients your body needs to repair and refuel at the right time. I am at 262 right now, and my body fat is pretty low, and I am eating 5800 cals daily, 3800 come from complex carbs...it has been a long time coming to figure it out but you have to see how your body reacts to the foods you consume. For instance...I eat every single morning 15 egg whites, 2 yolks, and 2 servings of Steel Cut Oats with dried cranberries... doesn't change because my body likes that food, as well as other meals are either chicken breast, 1-2c brown rice, and a green veggie like asparagus, or green beans, or broccoli. I don't detour from what I eat daily, just use some low sugar BBQ sauce or something like honey mustard. I will have sushi as a cheat meal, or pizza, or burger, but stick with what works best for your body. I don't eat red meat much at all, even the leanest cuts are high in fats, so stick with leaner choices daily. Can never go wrong with chicken/turkey and rice!!! It's who I am and I really don't consider it dieting either...it's a mind set.
    MA, you're making me hungry just talking about it! lol Great advice though... you hit the nail on the head.
    “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his brother.” (Proverbs 27:17) ...and borrowed from A L

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hoss View Post
    MA, you're making me hungry just talking about it! lol Great advice though... you hit the nail on the head.
    Yep consistency is the key in the gym and in the kitchen!

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

This is a great thread !! MA adjusted my diet and moved my protein up the ladder - lowered my carbs and gave me some great fats . Plus- changed my intensity in gym and " Boom " the weight is rolling off - but is fat - not muscle .Keep in mind at my age - I am not trying to get6 huge - just want to look good - feel good -and enjoy life . Hard to enjoy life when one is out of breath - looks like crap - and eating crap !! Diet is everything . Orange has also found this out and he is looking great like MA .
    Gear has it's importance - but I hear people all the time saying that a guy is big from gear !! That is pure BS - more like intensity - and great diet - at ANY age ~ Thanks-Pops

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Forgot to mention ~ I am moving in with MA and Nikkers after I get back from Caribe (-: - my diet will be stellar !! They don't know yet lol - Pops

LMFAO! We should build a MC sports complex complete with apartments!

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    Forgot to mention ~ I am moving in with MA and Nikkers after I get back from Caribe (-: - my diet will be stellar !! They don't know yet lol - Pops

Improving your diet is a fast and easy way to extend your life. There are several different kinds of diets, and each one can have it's benefits.
    Eat better , get enough rest, although you may think more sleep means less time living, the amount of quality sleep can help you live longer.
    Your diet plays a huge role in the quality and length of your life. It can reduce the likelihood that you'll contract major diseases and perpetuate a healthy and happy lifestyle that would add several years to your life.

Wouldn't it be great to spin back the hands of time and get an extended look at life? Well , although there may not be a way to go back in time, there is a way to extend it..............AM