PDA

View Full Version : The She Beast Bible...

SisterSteel
10-22-2012, 11:11 PM
The long awaited arrival of my training journal is finally over. My program is a combination of the slow lifts (Deadlift, Squat, and Bench) as well as the fast lifts (Olympic lifts and Oly assisting lifts). I incorporate chains and bands in my training to. For now, my training is just to get me back in the swing of things b/c I was out of the gym for a 3 or so months during the summer. I'll start pushing it in Dec/Jan.

You'll be able to see what I'm doing every week from lifting, conditioning, BJJ, etc. Since this is still my competition season for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu I may miss a workout here and there. No Gi Worlds is in 2 weeks.

This journal is interesting because I'm a 2 sport athlete and compete at a high level in both so you'll get to see how I manage things and try to train both at the same time without overtraining or just getting burnt out.

Today was a light pull day and here's what I did:

Snatch High Pulls (Med Blocks): 175lbsX2, x2, x2, x2, x2

Deadlift (conventional): 275lbsX5, 315lbsX5, 355lbsX5

Seated Good Morning: 135lbsX5, 155lbsX5, 175lbsX5, 195lbsX5

Low Cable Row: 170lbsX8, 200lbsX8, 220lbsX8, 240lbsX8

Hammer Curl: 40lbsX10, 50lbsX10, x10

kazman68
10-23-2012, 12:01 AM
The long awaited arrival of my training journal is finally over. My program is a combination of the slow lifts (Deadlift, Squat, and Bench) as well as the fast lifts (Olympic lifts and Oly assisting lifts). I incorporate chains and bands in my training to. For now, my training is just to get me back in the swing of things b/c I was out of the gym for a 3 or so months during the summer. I'll start pushing it in Dec/Jan.

You'll be able to see what I'm doing every week from lifting, conditioning, BJJ, etc. Since this is still my competition season for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu I may miss a workout here and there. No Gi Worlds is in 2 weeks.

This journal is interesting because I'm a 2 sport athlete and compete at a high level in both so you'll get to see how I manage things and try to train both at the same time without overtraining or just getting burnt out.

Today was a light pull day and here's what I did:

Snatch High Pulls (Med Blocks): 175lbsX2, x2, x2, x2, x2

Deadlift (conventional): 275lbsX5, 315lbsX5, 355lbsX5

Seated Good Morning: 135lbsX5, 155lbsX5, 175lbsX5, 195lbsX5

Low Cable Row: 170lbsX8, 200lbsX8, 220lbsX8, 240lbsX8

Hammer Curl: 40lbsX10, 50lbsX10, x10

If your doing seated good mornings you have great flexibility on top of strength.

mj_0360
10-23-2012, 12:06 AM
To be honest, I have never seen a seated good morning. I incorporate standing good mornings in every leg session.

SisterSteel
10-23-2012, 12:13 AM
Seated Good Mornings are just a variation. It does a good job of isolating the lower back and taking the hamstrings out of the movement. It's quite popular with Olympic weightlifters as well as powerlifters.

Give them a try sometime and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

SisterSteel
10-23-2012, 12:15 AM
If your doing seated good mornings you have great flexibility on top of strength.

Don't forget my other sport, BJJ. BJJ requires a great deal of flexibility to be successful. It's a fine line I walk working on strength while trying not to sacrifice flexibility.

kazman68
10-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Don't forget my other sport, BJJ. BJJ requires a great deal of flexibility to be successful. It's a fine line I walk working on strength while trying not to sacrifice flexibility.

I agree..Iv;e always tried to maintain my flexibility on top of being powerful(at least while younger )...a bit hard but so many benefits, I never practiced BJJ, but was involved in boxing as a kid, and later some martial arts..

SisterSteel
10-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Trained Gi BJJ at Noon today for 2 hours and I'll be going back at 7:00pm to train No Gi for an hour. Just getting a little more mat time before I head out to No Gi Worlds.

SisterSteel
10-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Yesterday I rolled at noon and trained after. I cut my workout short but got in and did what I needed to do. I did Power Cleans and Push Presses.

This morning I trained BJJ at 7am.

I'm focusing on my BJJ right now because I have No Gi Worlds next week.

kazman68
10-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Best of luck to you..Although I doubt you will need any 'luck'.

SisterSteel
10-28-2012, 10:12 AM
I missed a training session this week due to getting some extra BJJ training sessions in. I wasn't able to train Legs this week and I'll miss it again next week. I'll be in Cali on Friday and I need to rest up for No Gi Worlds. When I get back I won't be missing days.

I'm also going to change my training a bit after No Gi Worlds. I'll be focusing on my Gi training b/c the No Gi season will be over.

After No Gi Worlds, I'm going to sit down and start laying out my tourneys and a Meet for next year. Than I can create my plan of attack so I don't overdo it. Training for 2 sports at the same time is difficult but can be done if you plan ahead.

Vicious 13
10-28-2012, 10:43 AM
U should see professor Tom at no gi worlds I know for sure he be doing absolute not sure about his weight class I was planning on going but it's not
Going to happen been way to busy and haven't been training w all my new ink work :/ I need to get my ass back on though time off for me is never really good

Fit Guru
10-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Yes Sister I've done seated and had some of my girls do them.

SisterSteel
10-28-2012, 01:01 PM
U should see professor Tom at no gi worlds I know for sure he be doing absolute not sure about his weight class I was planning on going but it's not
Going to happen been way to busy and haven't been training w all my new ink work :/ I need to get my ass back on though time off for me is never really good

I'll be up there competing with my team (Alliance). Unfortunately, I'm in the day before and I leave the morning after. I don't really have any time to do anything.

You should come to Gi Pans. I'll probably be there and if not Pans, I know I'll be at Gi Worlds.

Yes Sister I've done seated and had some of my girls do them.

Seated GM's are great to hit the lower back while taking the hams out of the movements. Another great variation of GM's is Standing GM's suspended w/ chains. They make you start at the bottom of the movement. I believe this has a great deal of carryover to conventional pulls and it'll build your erectors big time.

SisterSteel
10-28-2012, 01:04 PM
No lifting today but I'm about to go roll at the school. Since I'm rolling today I won't run stadiums. I'll pick those back up after I get back from No Gi Worlds. If you haven't tried running stadiums for conditioning give them a try sometime.

SisterSteel
10-28-2012, 01:08 PM
My schedule is all over the place for the past couple of weeks but my schedule usually looks like this:

BJJ Training 4-5x week, Lifting 3x week, and Stadiums 1x week. Seems like to much but if everything is times correctly it can be done safely. I also don't always spar every day I train BJJ. I sometimes do situational/specfic training, drilling techniques, and sparring. Splitting it up like this allows me to train often without overtraining. It's a fine line and I'm always riding that fine line.

Vicious 13
10-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Very true I can't roll everyday some days I go in just for advanced training and sometimes even like to go in the basic fundamentals class

SisterSteel
10-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Like I said this week will be heavy and it was. I'll be out of town Fri - Sun so I'll miss my Friday training session but that's ok because I have No Gi Worlds and I should to rest before that. I did cut my workout short but I kept the intensity high and the weight heavy...

Snatch High Pulls from Hang: 175lbsx2 x2 x2 x2

Deadlift (conventional): 315lbsx5, 355lbsx3, 395lbsx1, 415lbsx1, 435lbsx1

Seated Good Morning: 145lbsx5, 165lbsx5, 185lbsx3, 205lbsx3

MuscleAddiction
10-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Damn girl...all I have to say, very...Very impressive! BJJ and all, inspirational to young girls wanting to do the same, hoping my little girl goes back to it, she is a powerful little girl ;).

Lunchbox
10-30-2012, 10:20 AM
SS

Those are some impressive numbers ma'am. With all that you are involved in, it is all quite impressive.

SisterSteel
10-31-2012, 09:35 PM
Damn girl...all I have to say, very...Very impressive! BJJ and all, inspirational to young girls wanting to do the same, hoping my little girl goes back to it, she is a powerful little girl ;).

Thanks MuscleAddiction. I'd say encourage her and I'm sure she'll get back to lifting. Nothing's hotter than a strong woman.

SS

Those are some impressive numbers ma'am. With all that you are involved in, it is all quite impressive.

Thanks Lunchbox. It's not easy competing in 2 sports at such a high level. I have to keep a close eye on everything so don't end up overtraining.

SisterSteel
11-07-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm taking this week off to recover from No Gi Worlds, which I won. Thank you, thank you. I've won Masters Worlds Gi & No Gi this year as a purple belt.

I'll get back to training next week.

MuscleAddiction
11-07-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm taking this week off to recover from No Gi Worlds, which I won. Thank you, thank you. I've won Masters Worlds Gi & No Gi this year as a purple belt.

I'll get back to training next week.

Congrats! Must feel pretty damn good!

Fit Guru
11-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Wow!!!! Good for you!!!!! Take a break

SisterSteel
11-09-2012, 01:35 AM
Congrats! Must feel pretty damn good!

It feels awesome. The IBJJF also took some official pics and yours truly was in them.

Wow!!!! Good for you!!!!! Take a break

Thanks Fit Guru. My body needs a break so taking this week off will be absolute heaven. 3 tourneys in 3 months (and they're the biggest BJJ Tourneys out there to).

Vicious 13
11-09-2012, 04:26 AM
Makes me want to get back to competing I'm getting close to purple but I want a few golds as blue I've only won as white

SisterSteel
11-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Makes me want to get back to competing I'm getting close to purple but I want a few golds as blue I've only won as white

I'd encourage you to compete as often as possible. My professor always says competing is like 3 months of training in at the school. You learn so much about yourself and your weaknesses that you can't beat it.

Next year it'll be Pans, Worlds, NYC Open, and maybe the Euro Championship for the beginning half of the year. I'd like to do another Grapplers Quest tourney b/c I can compete for free for life in those. I beat a brown belt in the No Gi Advanced Absolute to win it all and as part of the prize I get to compete for free for life. It's a pretty pricey tourney to. The cool thing is you can compete against big names and they have cash prizes as well which is very nice.

SisterSteel
11-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Thought I'd throw a pic up of myself so everyone can really see what I look like right now... I'm not prepping or anything. This is what I look all the time. This is what BJJ + PL + Eating right will get you. And did I mention I love MT2, lol.

Nelson303
11-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Holly shit. What legs. Great pic Sister. Congrats on kicking some ass.

NTL
11-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Pic shows your hard work and deduction and looks dam good also.

Vicious 13
11-09-2012, 06:36 PM
I will probably try for the gbcomp and nationals our team did pretty well at no gi two first im not sure who won I haven't been in the gym did u see Tom or holly reusing their by any chance from Gracie barra holly is a brown belt and professor Tom a black I think they both competed in absolute

kazman68
11-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Thought I'd throw a pic up of myself so everyone can really see what I look like right now... I'm not prepping or anything. This is what I look all the time. This is what BJJ + PL + Eating right will get you. And did I mention I love MT2, lol.

Damn, you look good! Great quads..also like your skin tone/color, is that natural or do you tan?

Skyling35
11-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Damn, you look good! Great quads..also like your skin tone/color, is that natural or do you tan?

That would be the mt2 she spoke of good sir. Another one of the peptides out there. It can make you DARK.

kazman68
11-09-2012, 09:07 PM
That would be the mt2 she spoke of good sir. Another one of the peptides out there. It can make you DARK.

Ahh Melanotan..ok missed that (duh) used myself and damn it works.

SisterSteel
11-10-2012, 01:02 AM
I will probably try for the gbcomp and nationals our team did pretty well at no gi two first im not sure who won I haven't been in the gym did u see Tom or holly reusing their by any chance from Gracie barra holly is a brown belt and professor Tom a black I think they both competed in absolute

Our team won No Gi Worlds. It was close. We beat LI by only 4 points. My junior instructor Lucas Lepri didn't compete b/c he was sick.

I wish. I got this tan from the MT2. Since I'm Lebanese I have color in my skin but I have to tan a bit and take MT2 to keep it like this.

malaki26
11-14-2012, 10:15 PM
looking good sister, keep up the great work.

zedhed
11-15-2012, 01:16 PM
I love those speed skater thighs. Now thats some kinda sexy!
You go SS!!

SisterSteel
11-17-2012, 02:51 PM
I've been focusing on my BJJ training and it's been paying off (3 major wins this year). I may have a sponsor help me get to the European Championships in Jan so I'm going to continue focusing on my BJJ these next couple of months.

I'm still lifting but I've come to the realization that I can't train for a PLing meet at this BBing gym I've been training at. I want to get back on the platform next year so I'll be checking out a new PLing gym next week to start training at.

layddually
11-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Nice pic ;)

SisterSteel
11-26-2012, 01:35 AM
Just an update. I left a message for the powerlifting gym I'd like to train at this week. I didn't expect an answer with Thanksgiving. I'm hoping to hear something from them either this week or the next.

I'm still training at my current gym but there's nothing to really write.

striker1488
11-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Yup, there you are, right up there in the ROXA - Master - Feminino.
Great job. I use to compete in martial arts before i moved back to this state and loved every minute of it.

SisterSteel
11-28-2012, 12:11 AM
Yup, there you are, right up there in the ROXA - Master - Feminino.
Great job. I use to compete in martial arts before i moved back to this state and loved every minute of it.

You can also find me with a Gold for Master Worlds Gi (purple belt) this year to. And it's official, I'm going to the Euro Championships.

I also have more GREAT news. I'm going to check out a private powerlifting gym this week and so I should be training in a new gym very soon. I'll be happy to leave the commercial gym I'm at and get back to lifting with like minded people.

SisterSteel
12-15-2012, 11:02 PM
As most of you know I've been focusing on my BJJ and that's b/c I've been enjoying it so much but also b/c I've been tired of the gym I've been training at. I've been looking for reasons not to go in. Thankfully, I just got the ok to start training at a PLing gym. I even got a key so I can train at any time I want which is nice. I'll start training there after the new year.

babablacksheep
12-15-2012, 11:26 PM
That's great....I am tired of the large comer ial gym myself....I need a gym where I can let loose and do things like posing practice and have more people around with the same goals

SisterSteel
12-18-2012, 10:37 PM
That's great....I am tired of the large comer ial gym myself....I need a gym where I can let loose and do things like posing practice and have more people around with the same goals

I'm stoked about it. I had a deal with the old gym. I'd do some graphics design work and they'd let me train there for free. It started out good but than they began asking for more and more work and started barking orders about when things needed to be done. I couldn't deal with that kind of shit. I would go in to train and they'd ask me to talk about design work first and by the time I was done with that I wasn't in the mood to train. Now with this new gym, I can train without interruption and I'd rather pay dues to train and work out an exchange.

I'll be dropping my Olympic lifts when I start at the new PLing gym and replacing them with fast lift (lifts utilizing bands and chains). I think it'll be a nice change of pace and if I decide I want to still do the Oly lifts I'll probably go back to my first gym that is an Oly lifting gym.

SisterSteel
12-18-2012, 10:38 PM
I thought I'd post a pic up since I haven't done that in a while....

I'll probably go back to being a blond next year.

Vicious 13
12-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Chhhoooooo

NTL
12-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Legs are looking dam good.

Fuelfan
12-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Looking very good! Nice work!

Nelson303
12-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Oh my goodness. Ummm I will do that squat day. Holly shit Sister. Mad respect.

AgentYes
12-19-2012, 12:41 PM

I just blacked out.

Vicious 13
12-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Not me I'm touching myself. .. . (Tmi)????

Orange24
12-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Vicious.......lol my god

Fit Guru
12-19-2012, 06:58 PM

Hmmm interesting???? Do you fool around with married men??

REGGOR
12-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Wow. !!!!!!!!

ltyson
12-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Beautiful.

Is it OK in this case to say.... "I want legs like a girl" :).

You look great!!

Ltyson

striker1488
12-20-2012, 10:49 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

kazman68
12-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Wow! Sexy and muscular, damn good quads Sister!

SisterSteel
12-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Legs are looking dam good.

Thanks NTL. They don't call me quadzilla for nothing.

Looking very good! Nice work!

Thanks Fuelfan.

Oh my goodness. Ummm I will do that squat day. Holly shit Sister. Mad respect.

You should. Squatting (back and front) in my opinion is the only way to train legs if you ask me.

I just blacked out.

Do you need some mouth to mouth.... ;)

I don't think so. I touch myself all the time.

Why, do you know any?

Wow. !!!!!!!!

Let me help you lift your jaw off the floor, lol.

Beautiful.

Is it OK in this case to say.... "I want legs like a girl" :).

You look great!!

Ltyson

Thanks. ;)

Wow! Sexy and muscular, damn good quads Sister!

Thanks Kaz. You know if you want big legs you gotta put some heavy weight on your back.

Ironguruera
12-20-2012, 10:46 PM
This is your best pic yet! Sick wheels!!

Vicious 13
12-20-2012, 11:08 PM
U got the snake squeeze w those legs... Looks like a lethal triangle... Like ur sleeping before u can tap

GSRacer
12-21-2012, 10:33 AM

Not bad. Very enjoyable thread, Sister Steel.

SisterSteel
12-21-2012, 11:17 AM
U got the snake squeeze w those legs... Looks like a lethal triangle... Like ur sleeping before u can tap

It's VERY hard for me to triangle anyone because of the size of my legs. When I do catch someone with it they're out as soon as I lock it in. I prefer ankle locks, kimoras, or americanas.

SisterSteel
12-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Also, another update. I'm checking out another gym tomorrow because the one I was going to train in seems to be closing. They didn't tell me this though when I paid for next month but oh well. This new gym has been around for over 20 years and is run by 3 PLers so I'm excited. It's a bit of a drive (30miles each way) but if it has what I want it'll be worth it.

Fit Guru
12-21-2012, 01:23 PM

You my dear are the ultimate Bad Ass!!!

SisterSteel
12-21-2012, 06:33 PM
You my dear are the ultimate Bad Ass!!!

I think I got poor Fit all hot and bothered. ;)

AgentYes
12-24-2012, 07:47 AM

Well he can get in line!

red crayon
12-24-2012, 10:20 AM
You have great legs Sister Steel but Im suprised no one has mentioned that Your Shoulders are great as well. IMO A great total package. : )

Fit Guru
12-24-2012, 10:27 AM

Ya think?

SisterSteel
12-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Well he can get in line!

Ohhhhhh is that so?.?.?

I've noticed your avi to. ;)

SisterSteel
12-24-2012, 05:28 PM
You have great legs Sister Steel but Im suprised no one has mentioned that Your Shoulders are great as well. IMO A great total package. : )

Funny you mention that because it took me years to try to balance my physique. I've always been bottom heavy but I think I'm finally balanced.

AgentYes
12-25-2012, 01:43 AM
Ohhhhhh is that so?.?.?

I've noticed your avi to. ;)

Sadly that ain't me babe.
I'm just a regular girl.

Kinda ;)

zedhed
01-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Dam gurl I just now saw you new pic.
Im speechless.........
you are well.....just fantastic!

SisterSteel
01-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Sadly that ain't me babe.
I'm just a regular girl.

Kinda ;)

You are anything but regular. ;)

Dam gurl I just now saw you new pic.
Im speechless.........
you are well.....just fantastic!

Thanks Zed. I thought everyone would enjoy that pic.

SisterSteel
01-04-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm still training but I'm focusing right now on the Europeans which is in a couple of weeks so I won't post my training since I haven't started back on my program. I'll start it when I get back from Lisbon.

gspot442
01-16-2013, 08:43 AM
I like this thread ss and I just want to say you are a hard worker and in great shape and I will be following this thread kudos

SisterSteel
01-16-2013, 05:38 PM
I like this thread ss and I just want to say you are a hard worker and in great shape and I will be following this thread kudos

Thanks gspot442. I'll start posting my training (lifting and grappling) once I get back from the Euro Championships.

gspot442
01-16-2013, 10:53 PM
No prob

twitz
01-17-2013, 07:16 PM
OH MY GOODNESS...

You are amazing!! I thought that you were awesome for competing in BJJ, then PLing too... and you look the way you do!?!

Thanks for sharing, and best wishes to you at the Euros :)

AgentYes
01-19-2013, 01:38 AM
OH MY GOODNESS...

You are amazing!! I thought that you were awesome for competing in BJJ, then PLing too... and you look the way you do!?!

Thanks for sharing, and best wishes to you at the Euros :)

I know! Its like impossible to convey in words. One must behold. Lol

SisterSteel
01-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Here's another pic of lil ol me... ;)

Vicious 13
01-19-2013, 12:26 PM
My goodness sister those legs drive me crazy

zedhed
01-19-2013, 02:42 PM
YES THEY DO!!
Ever since I was a kid I have loved, been fascinated by female speed skaters legs.
Suga you are fascinating me too!

SisterSteel
01-27-2013, 12:46 PM
You're looking at the 2013 European Championships Masters Purple Belt Champion. Double GOLD BABY!!!! I won my division and I also won the Absolute (all weight classes combined).

I've never been so proud of myself. I wanted to let my MC family know.

zedhed
01-27-2013, 12:54 PM
DAYM SUGA!
YOU DEF THE MC KICK ASS HUNNI!!
CONGRATS TO YOU!
Well Done, Well Done, Well Done:cool:

Ironguruera
01-27-2013, 01:22 PM
You're looking at the 2013 European Championships Masters Purple Belt Champion. Double GOLD BABY!!!! I won my division and I also won the Absolute (all weight classes combined).

way to go! You are awesome!
Is this mma or just one style of martial arts u compete in? do u have any pics of u in your outfit....holding the trophy of course lol.

SisterSteel
01-27-2013, 01:28 PM
way to go! You are awesome!
Is this mma or just one style of martial arts u compete in? do u have any pics of u in your outfit....holding the trophy of course lol.

It's Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ). It's the submission wrestling portion of MMA when you watch a UFC fight. I have a pic of me on the podium someone took. I'll post it up.

And yes, the girl I beat (got 2nd) is MUCH taller than me. She's like 6'4 which is pretty easy to see since she's taller than me on the 1st place podium.

Hopefully, I'll get some better pics sent to my facebook so I can post a better one here.

Nelson303
01-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Congrats. Sister. You are fucking killing it. Mad respect. And holly shit nice legs. Please keep the pics coming. How tall are you if you don't mind me asking.

SisterSteel
01-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Congrats. Sister. You are fucking killing it. Mad respect. And holly shit nice legs. Please keep the pics coming. How tall are you if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks Nelson. I don't mind you asking, I'm 5'5"

ltyson
01-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Awesome news. Congrats!!

Ltyson

MuscleAddiction
01-27-2013, 01:42 PM

Fuck yeah girl!!! You are an inspiration to all of us, and are a roll model to younger girls wanting to progress in this sport...are you thinking about becoming a coach or teach, you would be truly successful guraranteed.

Congrats again...and yes I have to agree with the legs!

NTL
01-27-2013, 01:46 PM
A beauty and a bad ass.Congratulations.

Ironguruera
01-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Damn u have a tanning booth at home sister? Or u using buckets of mt2 lol? Nice tan for winter!

REGGOR
01-27-2013, 02:41 PM
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k519/rouge67/1-27-20131-37-53PMCORGATS.png

Congratulations thats awesome !!!!

SisterSteel
01-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Damn u have a tanning booth at home sister? Or u using buckets of mt2 lol? Nice tan for winter!

Don't forget I'm Middle Eastern so I have the dark skin complexion but yes, I LOVE my MT2. I don't use as much as you might think but I do use it.

zedhed
01-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Well whatever you are YOUR HAWT!

any1uno
01-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Congrats on the win. An interesting log to follow. You're an amazing and gifted athlete. And beautiful!

So..have to ask you Ms Steel...Are you married? And will echo..dare to fool around with married men???!!!!! How do you feel about older men? OK..it's the hound in me...what can I say..You bring it out of me!

(No disrespect meant nor implied.)

kazman68
01-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Well whatever you are YOUR HAWT!

X2!!!

SisterSteel
02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Alright, I'm back home and pretty well rested. I'll be back in the gym tomorrow. I'm going to drop my weights because I may compete at Pan Am's in March but it feels good to be back.

I'll update my log tomorrow.

Fuelfan
02-07-2013, 11:29 AM
I hadn't saw a post from you for a while! I'm glad your back.

SisterSteel
02-11-2013, 05:32 PM
I hadn't saw a post from you for a while! I'm glad your back.

Thanks Fuelfan. ;)

SisterSteel
02-11-2013, 05:40 PM
It felt good to get my ass back in the gym. I've been focusing on my BJJ so I haven't been as consistent with my lifting as I would like to be. I decided to actually play it safe.... I know me safe???, lol.

Conventional Deadlift: 275lbsX3, 315lbsX3, 355lbsX3, 370lbsX1, 385lbsX1

The 385lbs felt light but I'm going to slowly work my way back into the swing of things.

Snatch High Pulls: 165lbsX4(3)

This is a dynamic movement and an Olympic assisting lift. It's all about speed of the movement.

1-Arm DB Rows: 120lbsX3(7)

I finished off the workout with some rows.

That was is for my first real day back. Short, sweet, and to the point. I'm not one to have a lot of frivolous exercises. I want to get faster and stronger.

MuscleAddiction
02-11-2013, 07:45 PM
It felt good to get my ass back in the gym. I've been focusing on my BJJ so I haven't been as consistent with my lifting as I would like to be. I decided to actually play it safe.... I know me safe???, lol.

Conventional Deadlift: 275lbsX3, 315lbsX3, 355lbsX3, 370lbsX1, 385lbsX1

The 385lbs felt light but I'm going to slowly work my way back into the swing of things.

Snatch High Pulls: 165lbsX4(3)

This is a dynamic movement and an Olympic assisting lift. It's all about speed of the movement.

1-Arm DB Rows: 120lbsX3(7)

I finished off the workout with some rows.

That was is for my first real day back. Short, sweet, and to the point. I'm not one to have a lot of frivolous exercises. I want to get faster and stronger.

One arm dumbell rows with 120's...you are making me horney ;). I wish we were close enough to train together, my wife would adopt you as her mentor, and probably into the family as well lol.

Orange24
02-11-2013, 08:19 PM
That's impressive sis, that's what I do:)

SisterSteel
02-11-2013, 08:31 PM
One arm dumbell rows with 120's...you are making me horney ;). I wish we were close enough to train together, my wife would adopt you as her mentor, and probably into the family as well lol.

I don't think I've ever been told that when it comes to my rows. I'd welcome your wife to train with me. We could start a female team. Now that would be awesome.

That's impressive sis, that's what I do:)

Thanks Orange.

MuscleAddiction
02-11-2013, 09:06 PM
I don't think I've ever been told that when it comes to my rows. I'd welcome your wife to train with me. We could start a female team. Now that would be awesome.

That would be and she would love it...she is pretty strong in most lifts for her experience, actually really strong in her legs...and my favorite part of her physique. Girls lifting heavy things is sexy!!!

SisterSteel
02-13-2013, 10:13 PM
I trained legs today. It felt good to get back under a bar. Nothing feels better than chalk on your shirt and a bar on your back. I'll leave the machines to the women who want to wear nothing more than smile. I'll look sexy when I'm out of the gym, not while I'm in it.

Back Squat: 245lbsX3, 280lbsX3, 315lbsX3, 330lbsX1, 345lbsX1

I forgot to bring my rheband blue knee sleeves so I wore my knee wraps very loose.

Front Squat: 180lbsX3, 205lbsX2, 230lbsX3

I hadn't done these in a little while so I had to really stretch my wrists to I could perform these Olympic style (clean grip).

Glute Bridges from Floor: 225lbsX7, 275lbsX7, 315lbsX7, 365lbsX7

These actually felt easy so I'll push them a bit next time. These help work your hams, glutes, and lower back. They will REALLY help you lock on your deadlifts and they'll help you explode up out of the hole when you're back squatting.

Nelson303
02-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Sister. Mad fucking respect. I can hardly do rows with that. And your sets are killing. Any chance we could get a train with Sister contest. And if the winner is a douche you can kick the shit out of him. I sure some bros ( Fit ) would be in for a train with Sister contest.

SisterSteel
02-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Sister. Mad fucking respect. I can hardly do rows with that. And your sets are killing. Any chance we could get a train with Sister contest. And if the winner is a douche you can kick the shit out of him. I sure some bros ( Fit ) would be in for a train with Sister contest.

That'd be fine with me. Anyone who would like to come and train with me and my team is more than welcome. They just have to let me know in advance because I may not be in town or I could be focusing on BJJ depending on the time of the year. I will say I'm looking to do another PLing meet this year so it's always good to have people to push you.

SisterSteel
02-18-2013, 10:36 PM
I didn't have much time today because I was running late so I got in and did what I had to. Luckily, it's a light week so I didn't miss much.

Conventional Deadlift:255lbsX5, 295lbsX5, 335lbsX5
I'll be putting in Sumo deads sometime later on. I need to work on those and they'll help me with my conventional deads.

Snatch High Pulls from Blocks: 145lbsX5 X5 X5
Performing these from the blocks works on speed and saves you back. My back was already worked since I deadlifted first.

Wide Grip Pulldowns: 200lbsX8, 220lbsX6, 240lbsX6
I only took 30sec rest in between sets.

I also trained BJJ earlier in the day for 2 hours. It feels good to be on the mat and back in the gym. I still have a bit of a cough that I'm getting over but I'm not going to let that keep me out of the gym.

Vannesb
02-24-2013, 01:11 AM
I didn't have much time today because I was running late so I got in and did what I had to. Luckily, it's a light week so I didn't miss much.

Conventional Deadlift:255lbsX5, 295lbsX5, 335lbsX5
I'll be putting in Sumo deads sometime later on. I need to work on those and they'll help me with my conventional deads.

Snatch High Pulls from Blocks: 145lbsX5 X5 X5
Performing these from the blocks works on speed and saves you back. My back was already worked since I deadlifted first.

Wide Grip Pulldowns: 200lbsX8, 220lbsX6, 240lbsX6
I only took 30sec rest in between sets.

I also trained BJJ earlier in the day for 2 hours. It feels good to be on the mat and back in the gym. I still have a bit of a cough that I'm getting over but I'm not going to let that keep me out of the gym.

Impressive as hell for sure would work out with you anytime know my wife would enjoy she is up to 65lb 1 arm hammers at 135lbs pretty impressive to me! She is tuff makes me push it hell I am only doing 95lb hammers!

SisterSteel
02-24-2013, 03:44 AM
Impressive as hell for sure would work out with you anytime know my wife would enjoy she is up to 65lb 1 arm hammers at 135lbs pretty impressive to me! She is tuff makes me push it hell I am only doing 95lb hammers!

Thanks.

I haven't trained biceps in a long time directly but there's a vid of me somewhere hammer curling 80's from a back in the day.

SisterSteel
02-24-2013, 03:52 AM
Another leg day behind me. These "easy" days aren't so easy. I push the pace and get in and done in a little over 30mins and that includes my dynamic warm up, warm up sets, foam rolling, etc.

Back Squat: 225lbsX5, 260lbsX5, 295lbsX5

I didn't forget my rhebands. If you wear knee sleeves, I highly recommend them. Jackals gym carries them but be sure you get the blue ones.

Front Squat: 165lbsX5, 190lbsX5, 215lbsX5

Glute Bridges from Floor: 275lbsX7, 315lbsX7, 365lbsX5, 405lbsX5

These are still feeling light so I'll up it to 455lbs next time. If you haven't performed these from the floor before, you'll want someone to stand on your feet so they don't slide. You also want to pause at the top and make sure you don't sway with the weight. It's straight up, pause, and than straight back down. I know someone who swayed the bar and it caused an injury. So start out light and work your way up.

Fuelfan
02-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Thanks.

I haven't trained biceps in a long time directly but there's a vid of me somewhere hammer curling 80's from a back in the day.

HOLY HELL!!!!! 80lb hammers? Now i really feel like a puss!!

babablacksheep
02-24-2013, 12:14 PM
Wow fuckin gettin it done there....that's awesome.....I plow through my workouts in no more than 45min as well.....any longer and it just seems counter productive

Ironguruera
02-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Sister to u put some sweetness or cadence into your hammers? Or do u keep perfect form? I feel some sweetness is ok on these as long as u don't go to crazy. I see guys doing toddler weights on these with perfect form.
I like down the racks with hammers. I start off a tad sloppy on form but heavy. As the weight goes down I tighten up my form.

You??

SisterSteel
02-24-2013, 04:50 PM
HOLY HELL!!!!! 80lb hammers? Now i really feel like a puss!!

It's been a while since I've performed any curls. I'm not sure what I'd curl now but I'm sure I could still put up some sizable weight.

Wow fuckin gettin it done there....that's awesome.....I plow through my workouts in no more than 45min as well.....any longer and it just seems counter productive

Not all my training sessions are that short. This was a light week so I push the pace to increase the intensity. On my heavy days I take quite a bit longer. It usually takes over an hour.

Sister to u put some sweetness or cadence into your hammers? Or do u keep perfect form? I feel some sweetness is ok on these as long as u don't go to crazy. I see guys doing toddler weights on these with perfect form.
I like down the racks with hammers. I start off a tad sloppy on form but heavy. As the weight goes down I tighten up my form.

You??

When I was curling, I did cheat a bit. Personally a little cheat to the form is fine. It allows you to lift more that stimulates muscle growth. Outside stimulus and food = growth. The form shouldn't be sloppy though. A little cheat is ok but a lot of cheat completely turns the lift into something else that doesn't even work the muscle.

Ironguruera
02-25-2013, 12:06 AM
It's been a while since I've performed any curls. I'm not sure what I'd curl now but I'm sure I could still put up some sizable weight.

Not all my training sessions are that short. This was a light week so I push the pace to increase the intensity. On my heavy days I take quite a bit longer. It usually takes over an hour.

When I was curling, I did cheat a bit. Personally a little cheat to the form is fine. It allows you to lift more that stimulates muscle growth. Outside stimulus and food = growth. The form shouldn't be sloppy though. A little cheat is ok but a lot of cheat completely turns the lift into something else that doesn't even work the muscle.

Sorry maybe sloppy wasn't a good way to put it. I keep focus on the target muscle for sure....just cheat as u said a little to keep it moving.

SisterSteel
02-26-2013, 09:26 PM
I rolled for over 2hours today before I got into the gym so I was a bit spent to say the least. I cut my workout short but got done with my 2 main lifts.

Conventional Deadlift: 295lbsX5, 335lbsX3, 375lbsX1, 390lbsX1, 405lbsX1

The weight didn't feel like a feather but that's to be expected since I had a marathon BJJ training session today.

Snatch High Pulls from Blocks: 185lbsX2 X2 X2 X2

I have to say it.... thank GOD I pulled off the blocks. Pulling off the blocks focuses on speed which makes it difficult but at the same time it's a lot easier than if I had to perform snatch high pulls from the hang.

And that was it. I'm going to eat some sushi now.

SisterSteel
03-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Trained chest, shoulders, and triceps but nothing to tear underwear over. My elbows been bothering me (tendonitis is flared up again a bit) so I took it easy for the day. I put in some power cleans to change things up and add some speed work in.

I'll train legs this weekend and than it's a deload week for me. I'll ice my elbow and also stretch it since I believe it to be caused by an imbalance.

Ironguruera
03-02-2013, 04:56 PM
U had me at tear underwear lmao!

Keep up the good work sister! Beast mode for sure.

SisterSteel
03-04-2013, 09:21 PM
U had me at tear underwear lmao!

Keep up the good work sister! Beast mode for sure.

LOL. Well than I bet you wouldn't get a thing done at the gym because I never wear any when I train. ;)

SisterSteel
03-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Well... I came, I saw, and I kicked it's ass. What can I say, I'm awesome. lol I know, I know. I weighing in at 190lbs these days so I'll be good to go when I want to step back on the platform. I'll actually probably drop down to the 185lbs weight class. It's only a 5lbs drop and than I have 24hrs to carb back up.

I added an additional today in my back squats. I choked green band for a reverse single at the end. It felt good to put the weight on my back and let it settle before I took it for a ride.

Back Squat: 260lbsX5, 295lbsX3, 330lbsX1, 345lbsX1, 360lbsX1, 385lbsX1.
Weight felt easy. I have to foam roll my IT bands more though.

Front Squat: 190lbsX5, 215lbsX3, 240lbsX1
No belt or sleeves for these but they weren't bad at all.

Glute Bridge: 315lbsX5, 365lbsX5, 405lbsX5, 455lbsX5
I don't know what to say.... the weight still felt light. If you haven't done these you should because they'll pay off big time later on when your pulling conventional.

Ironguruera
03-04-2013, 09:46 PM
LOL. Well than I bet you wouldn't get a thing done at the gym because I never wear any when I train. ;)

Lol! U know the rules.....pics or it never happened :P

Ironguruera
03-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Ps holy shit u are strong!! Nice lifts! I'm no powerlifter that's for sure!
I did add in the glute bridge to my leg day. I also have been trying to modify my squats. Another guy on here posted a video about squats on here. Some famous pl. u chimed in saying he knew he stuff. I was going more up and down when I squat vs ass out and back then go down. Been having an mcl issue imbalance of sorts. Hope this helps.

SisterSteel
03-04-2013, 10:48 PM
Ps holy shit u are strong!! Nice lifts! I'm no powerlifter that's for sure!
I did add in the glute bridge to my leg day. I also have been trying to modify my squats. Another guy on here posted a video about squats on here. Some famous pl. u chimed in saying he knew he stuff. I was going more up and down when I squat vs ass out and back then go down. Been having an mcl issue imbalance of sorts. Hope this helps.

LOL... Thanks.

Yeah, you shouldn't sit down. You should sit back. Think sit back, knee's out, and chest up. This is the best position your body can be in when you back squat.

any1uno
03-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Very impressive Ms Steele. Keep up the great work. Do wish you lived closer..I'd take you up on the training. OK..the chance to stare at you while training that is! (Yes..I'd lift with you too.)

SisterSteel
03-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Lol! U know the rules.....pics or it never happened :P

I guess it'll just have to haunt your dreams, lol.

Ironguruera
03-06-2013, 10:14 PM
I guess it'll just have to haunt your dreams, lol.

Doesn't sounds like much of a bad dream to me lol! I backed down the proviron. It was rotting my brain lol

SisterSteel
03-09-2013, 07:37 PM
All I can say is WOW.... how do you men deal with us women? I trained BJJ today for 2+ hours and rolled with my teammates. This is hilarious so don't go anywhere. We're working specific training where 1 person starts in a bad position comparatively to the other. Well, lil ol me submitted everyone from that bad position. lol I submitted 2 purple belt competitors, 1 black belt, and a couple of blue belts. I don't know but this shouldn't have come as some surprise but it was a shock to everyone else because now none of them are talking to me. I can't help but laugh.

I'll be back in the gym next week. I was out this week because it was a deload week and I've been sick so the week out of the gym did me a lot of good. I'm feeling much better now and itching to get my ass back on the platform.

babablacksheep
03-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Woot woot

KingMD
03-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Just read the entire log n thread. ...VERY impressive..You are a GODDESS sweetheart! Im blown away...incredible beauty in every way. .best of times for u SS!

Ironguruera
03-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Kicking ass and taking names ! Go get em sister!

Fuelfan
03-10-2013, 01:59 AM

Don't say that, you're going to give an old man a heart attack!

SisterSteel
03-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Don't say that, you're going to give an old man a heart attack!

LOL. I'll have to keep everything PG for you because I don't want you to have a heart attack.

SisterSteel
03-11-2013, 10:01 PM
I am focusing on my training right now. This doesn't mean I'm not going to train BJJ, it just means I'm going to try to not miss a workout. I'm still going to train BJJ 3-4x week.

Deadlift (conventional): 285lbsX3, 325lbsX3, 365lbsX3, 380lbsX1, 405lbsX1
I wasn't supposed to pull 405lbs today but I said fuck it. The weight is light and I didn't feel like waiting so I made it my bitch.

Snatch High Pulls w/ Low Blocks: 175lbsX3 X3 X3

Back Extension: 135lbsX10 X10 X10
For these I don't perform them like the typical hyper extension where you pivot at the hips. I round my back as I lower myself so I focus the work on my spinal erectors. If you keep your back completely flat during the lift you're not working your erectors.

any1uno
03-12-2013, 01:27 PM

Well...I'm calling for PROOF! Yes..please and thank you Ms Steele!!!! Oh my...what gym do you train at?? I'm a movin there!

SisterSteel
03-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Well...I'm calling for PROOF! Yes..please and thank you Ms Steele!!!! Oh my...what gym do you train at?? I'm a movin there!

I guess somethings are going to have to be left up to your imagination, lol.

SisterSteel
03-14-2013, 10:43 AM
I've been dealing with a nagging shoulder injury and my elbows have been flaring up a bit but that's to be expected since my other sport is BJJ. Last night was a push night but there's not much to write about. I benched up to 195lbs for real easy single but I didn't want to push my luck. I did some one arm db presses and than hammered my triceps. So basically I don't have to much to write about but tomorrow should be better because it's leg day.

any1uno
03-14-2013, 05:07 PM
I guess somethings are going to have to be left up to your imagination, lol.

I can dream can't I!! Shoot...Dang my life! (BTW..never want to leave anything up to my over active imagination!)

SisterSteel
03-18-2013, 11:44 PM
Fuck my life. I have a tailbone that's not completely correct and it gets inflamed very rarely but when it does sometimes it gets so bad I have to get it lanced. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to get it lanced so that means no BJJ for a while. I'm still able to lift but no bench because I can't sit on any hard surface.

Well enough of my whining and bitching, I went and pulled tonight. It was a light day and I was pissed so the weight flew off the platform.

Deadlift (conventional): 265lbsX5, 305lbsX5, 345lbsX5

Snatch High Pulls: 165lbsX3 X3 X3

1-Arm DB Rows: 100lbsX7 X7, 120lbsX7 X5

That was it. I'm going to put some hot wet heat on my ass and hope this shit gets better or I'm going to have to set an appointment with my doctor.

babablacksheep
03-19-2013, 07:22 AM
What does it mean to get it lanced sister? It sounds painful

SisterSteel
03-19-2013, 09:37 AM
What does it mean to get it lanced sister? It sounds painful

It means cut open and it is very painful. They usually don't use any anesthesia and just cut it, pack it, and than I have to rest it.

any1uno
03-19-2013, 09:49 AM
I hope you're feeling better ms Steele. Heal fast and take care of yourself.

SisterSteel
03-19-2013, 03:39 PM
I hope you're feeling better ms Steele. Heal fast and take care of yourself.

Thanks any1uno. I'll still lift but I won't be able to do BJJ for a bit.

AgentYes
03-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Well... I came, I saw, and I kicked it's ass. What can I say, I'm awesome. lol I know, I know. I weighing in at 190lbs these days so I'll be good to go when I want to step back on the platform. I'll actually probably drop down to the 185lbs weight class. It's only a 5lbs drop and than I have 24hrs to carb back up.

I added an additional today in my back squats. I choked green band for a reverse single at the end. It felt good to put the weight on my back and let it settle before I took it for a ride.

Back Squat: 260lbsX5, 295lbsX3, 330lbsX1, 345lbsX1, 360lbsX1, 385lbsX1.
Weight felt easy. I have to foam roll my IT bands more though.

Front Squat: 190lbsX5, 215lbsX3, 240lbsX1
No belt or sleeves for these but they weren't bad at all.

Glute Bridge: 315lbsX5, 365lbsX5, 405lbsX5, 455lbsX5
I don't know what to say.... the weight still felt light. If you haven't done these you should because they'll pay off big time later on when your pulling conventional.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/AgentMyste/1356694346-picsay_zps2d8d0375.jpg

Fuelfan
03-20-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear about you tail bone issue! I can feel your pain, I have a screw in my sacrum . So when they do that do they just give you add local?

Ironguruera
03-20-2013, 12:40 AM
It means cut open and it is very painful. They usually don't use any anesthesia and just cut it, pack it, and than I have to rest it.

Can't they use a local numbing agent?? that would be brutal otherwise!

SisterSteel
03-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Can't they use a local numbing agent?? that would be brutal otherwise!

I'm sure they could and they probably should. The last asshole doctor didn't and I wanted to kill him. Probably would have to if I didn't have a gaping wound.

SisterSteel
03-21-2013, 11:07 AM
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/AgentMyste/1356694346-picsay_zps2d8d0375.jpg

LOL.... I think we'd make a cute couple. What does everyone else think?

Ironguruera
03-21-2013, 08:37 PM

I'd pay good money for that scissor show lmao!

KingMD
03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Hell yea! Pix and videos..for the VIP's of course ;)

SisterSteel
06-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Wow... it's been forever since I've updated this journal. Well, I've been training as always and I've been grappling.

I'm currently in Rome, Italy and it's Official... I've won No Gi European Championships. I've won BOTH Gi & No Gi Europeans.

I'll start updating my log more regularly when I get back but for now I'm off to celebrate.

KingMD
07-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Damn! Congradulations! Ur on nonstop fire!...

iwrkout
07-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Wow... it's been forever since I've updated this journal. Well, I've been training as always and I've been grappling.

I'm currently in Rome, Italy and it's Official... I've won No Gi European Championships. I've won BOTH Gi & No Gi Europeans.

I'll start updating my log more regularly when I get back but for now I'm off to celebrate.

Thats fucking awesome

Mattingly
07-11-2013, 11:14 PM

That's our girl! Damn proud of ya Sis!!

SisterSteel
07-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Thanks everyone. This win solidifies my #1 ranking in both Gi and No Gi.

SisterSteel
07-16-2013, 09:37 PM
I know I haven't been posting my training as often as I would like but things have been crazy....

Today was a heavy deadlift day and I had an amazing day. I wanted to share it with the family....

I pulled 475lbs conventional for an easy single. Had my training partner shoot a vid of it. I felt like I was good for more but that was my fourth single over 90% and I like to keep my heavy singles to 4 when I lift at or over 90%. I'm on schedule to pull 500lbs raw by the years end.

I'll also start running stadiums to increase my conditioning for upcoming BJJ tourneys I'll be competing in this fall.

Beavis303
07-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Well. I just got my balls handed to my after reading Sisters posts. Holly fuck. She out dead lifts me. I'm starting over. Mad respect Sister.

MuscleAddiction
07-17-2013, 12:10 AM
Still following sis!!!

SisterSteel
07-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Here's my deadlift training from today......

Conventional Deadlift - 315lbsX5, 355lbsX3, 395lbsX1, 415lbsX1, 445lbsX1, 460lbsX1, 475lbsX1
Safety Squat Bar Good Morning - 185lbsX7, 205lbsX7
Wide Grip Pulldowns - 180lbsX7, 200lbsX7, 220lbsX7

I cut my training a bit short so I could make it to BJJ training afterwards.

neoclassical
07-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Here's my deadlift training from today......

Conventional Deadlift - 315lbsX5, 355lbsX3, 395lbsX1, 415lbsX1, 445lbsX1, 460lbsX1, 475lbsX1
Safety Squat Bar Good Morning - 185lbsX7, 205lbsX7
Wide Grip Pulldowns - 180lbsX7, 200lbsX7, 220lbsX7

I cut my training a bit short so I could make it to BJJ training afterwards.

^^^^
Badass. Very inspirational!

OldGoat
09-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Hows the training Sis? Hope all is well and your staying jakked and tan!

SisterSteel
09-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Training is going good. I pulled 485lbs for an easy single.

I'll get back in there next week. I've been a bit under the weather this week but I'm feeling better.

Exerciseordie
09-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Training is going good. I pulled 485lbs for an easy single.

I'll get back in there next week. I've been a bit under the weather this week but I'm feeling better.

Hope for a full fast recovery! I was sick and it lingered for too long IMO but damn sister keep killing that shit!

OldGoat
09-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Good to hear your feeling better! That's a strong pull!

SisterSteel
09-19-2013, 10:12 PM
Good to hear your feeling better! That's a strong pull!

I'll pull 5 raw conventional by the end of the year which aint to bad. ;)

I just have to work on my bench and I'll be set. I can squat more than I pull.

Encino_Mang
09-19-2013, 10:53 PM
I can squat more than I pull.

I wanna a big squat too :mad:

SisterSteel
09-20-2013, 12:55 AM
I wanna a big squat too :mad:

Post in my thread in the strength training section and we'll work on it together. One thing that'll help me identify your issues would be a video of you squatting.

You may have hip, knee, ankle mobility issues. You may need to tweak your technique. You could have a weak link in your posterior chain.

OldGoat
09-20-2013, 04:45 PM
I'll pull 5 raw conventional by the end of the year which aint to bad. ;)

I just have to work on my bench and I'll be set. I can squat more than I pull.Im in the same boat. I squat just a tad bit heavier than I pull. Just doesn't seem right! Ive been really working on my bench with a few guys and am feeling really strong. Just a nagging pec area I have no confidence in right now. I really know I have a raw 450 in me if not more. Just need to get fully healed and things will fall in place. Have you been working on your bench any? Changing things up?

SisterSteel
09-21-2013, 10:31 PM
I have a lot of nagging injuries as well from BJJ and other sports. I'm probably going to pick up a slingshot and incorporate that into my training so I can start pushing bench again.

bionic redneck
09-21-2013, 11:45 PM
i hear u on bjj i trained mma for 3 yrs and my left knee hurts sometimes after i do legs...

SisterSteel
09-24-2013, 09:46 AM
i hear u on bjj i trained mma for 3 yrs and my left knee hurts sometimes after i do legs...

The two sports don't really go hand in hand but I refuse to stop either so somethings always hurting. Just comes with the territory.

bionic redneck
09-24-2013, 12:25 PM
i hear u, thats why i stretch alot... and take glucosimine etc for my joints

SisterSteel
09-24-2013, 01:04 PM
i hear u, thats why i stretch alot... and take glucosimine etc for my joints

Stretch, foam roll, roll on a lacross ball, ice baths, and contrast showers.

OldGoat
09-25-2013, 08:05 PM
I have a lot of nagging injuries as well from BJJ and other sports. I'm probably going to pick up a slingshot and incorporate that into my training so I can start pushing bench again.

I hear ya! I use the sling shot about every 3 weeks or so in my bench training. I also have the Mad Dog double ply version. Ive hit a nice 500 with it after my heavy raw work. But normally just use the regular red version and work up to 450 or so. About 30 - 40 lbs overload for me!

Encino_Mang
09-25-2013, 11:49 PM
I hear ya! I use the sling shot about every 3 weeks or so in my bench training. I also have the Mad Dog double ply version. Ive hit a nice 500 with it after my heavy raw work. But normally just use the regular red version and work up to 450 or so. About 30 - 40 lbs overload for me!
I've been on the fence about getting one of those......can you use them without a training partner.....like unrack and rack the weight?

Encino_Mang
09-26-2013, 12:01 AM
Post in my thread in the strength training section and we'll work on it together. One thing that'll help me identify your issues would be a video of you squatting.

You may have hip, knee, ankle mobility issues. You may need to tweak your technique. You could have a weak link in your posterior chain.

That would be awesome.......thanks!

OldGoat
09-26-2013, 08:41 AM
I've been on the fence about getting one of those......can you use them without a training partner.....like unrack and rack the weight?On the lighter stuff, yes, but in safety's sake, any of your heavier stuff you should use a lift off. Your shoulders take a beating unracking your 80-100% range. So when you have the slinger on for overload, its even worse. Just grab someone in your gym that seems like they can help!

SisterSteel
09-26-2013, 09:39 AM
I've been on the fence about getting one of those......can you use them without a training partner.....like unrack and rack the weight?

You want a lift off anyways when you're lifting relatively heavy so you can keep your arch and your shoulders back when you bench. When you bring the bar out you loosen up and lose your tightness.

OldGoat
09-26-2013, 05:21 PM
You want a lift off anyways when you're lifting relatively heavy so you can keep your arch and your shoulders back when you bench. When you bring the bar out you loosen up and lose your tightness.

Yes ma'am!

Encino_Mang
09-27-2013, 01:37 AM

Sometime there's no one around in my gym.......but yea I know I should still I think I'll pick one up

SisterSteel
09-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Sometime there's no one around in my gym.......but yea I know I should still I think I'll pick one up

What about the owner or any of the staff there. It only takes a few minutes to teach someone how to give a proper liftoff. I taught a girl working at my gym the other week.

OldGoat
10-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Any training going on in here?

SisterSteel
10-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Any training going on in here?

Trainings always going here. I just don't always post it. ;)

I had to cut my pull day short today due to work function. I performed my conventional deadlifts. Worked up to a single with 460lbs and after did an easy 500lbs reverse band pull single. I'm looking to pull 500+ in December.

OldGoat
10-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Very nice sis! meet? Just looking for a pr? I just changed my dead technique and it is golden for me. I pulled 405x15 easy. I was laughing! Lol! It's just much better on my spine!

SisterSteel
10-02-2013, 09:15 AM
Very nice sis! meet? Just looking for a pr? I just changed my dead technique and it is golden for me. I pulled 405x15 easy. I was laughing! Lol! It's just much better on my spine!

Possibly. I'm a bit burnt out from BJJ so a meet would be a nice change of pace.

OldGoat
10-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Possibly. I'm a bit burnt out from BJJ so a meet would be a nice change of pace.

Go for it!

OldGoat
12-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Any updates? What you been up to sis!

SisterSteel
12-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Any updates? What you been up to sis!

I've been pretty sick actually the last month or so. I can't seem to shake it so not to much in terms of training.

OldGoat
12-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Sorry to hear that! Hope you kick it soon and can get back at it!

MuscleAddiction
12-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Hope things get better soon sis, sucks not being able to shake that damn shit. Would like to see this log revived as well...good ol' OG going around keeping everyone honest since he keeps up with his log, not like us lol :D!!! Hey how about that logo??? Last we discussed coastal colors and maybe purple? Let me know...you have done some awesome work and would love to see it on our Muscle Morsels protein bars!!! Well website and stuff too!!!

MaxSeg
12-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Get well soon!

SisterSteel
12-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Hope things get better soon sis, sucks not being able to shake that damn shit. Would like to see this log revived as well...good ol' OG going around keeping everyone honest since he keeps up with his log, not like us lol :D!!! Hey how about that logo??? Last we discussed coastal colors and maybe purple? Let me know...you have done some awesome work and would love to see it on our Muscle Morsels protein bars!!! Well website and stuff too!!!

MA, I'd actually say it's best if you get someone else to work on your logo. I've been going to the doctors having blood drawn and tests to see what's going on so I don't know when I'll be 100%.

MuscleAddiction
12-14-2013, 01:26 PM
MA, I'd actually say it's best if you get someone else to work on your logo. I've been going to the doctors having blood drawn and tests to see what's going on so I don't know when I'll be 100%.

OK...sorry to hear, I really hope the docs figure this out for you...we are concerned here for you :(. Love and prayers to you girl!!!

Mattingly
12-17-2013, 10:42 PM
I hope u feel better soon Sis!!

OldGoat
12-17-2013, 11:29 PM

Hahaha, thanks for the props, just trying to keep in contact with my brothers and sisters!

SisterSteel
12-22-2013, 11:13 PM
I'm feeling better... finally.

I'll start posting in here with the new year. Got to get back under a bar and also back on the mats.

OldGoat
12-23-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm feeling better... finally.

I'll start posting in here with the new year. Got to get back under a bar and also back on the mats.

Great to hear your feeling better!