PDA

View Full Version : T shirts

Vicious 13
11-10-2012, 03:07 PM
I've run into a problem now were my shirts are long enough maybe too long my arms just about fill the sleeves but not quite but the are just way too tight in the chest I don't want to go up sizes because like I said they fit good just too tight in the chest any of u guys have this problem maybe I need to hit arms harder? I don't like wearing baggy clothes I like I fill everything out

Skyling35
11-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Might wanna look into some atheletic cut shirts. They typically are cut wider in the chest.

That's the only way I could find a suit that fit right. Had to buy an athletic cut. Personally most of my tshirt a are baggy and I just buy the siZe up, but any dressier clothes I get athletic cut so they aren't baggy.

CWB
11-10-2012, 04:01 PM
For t shirts I by a size thats just big enough and let it stretch where it needs to stretch. Now theres a fine line here. Snug everywhere looks good but Ive had to retire shirts because to tight just makes you look like a dick. For button downs Ive found if I by a size that my shoulders can fit in that says fitted they look best because there tighter in the abdominal region doing a better job of showing the shoulder to waist ratio.

Vicious 13
11-10-2012, 04:20 PM
That's the problem I'm having snug is good but I'm worried these shirts are crossing that dick line :/

Ironguruera
11-10-2012, 05:22 PM
My chest is weaker then my arms. I have the opposite issue. My arms never fit the sleeves unless I get a baggy ass size and then it looks like I'm wearing someone else's clothes.

Look into bb.com I hear they have some nice clothes these days. If not find some under armour or other nice athletic wear.

Ironguruera
11-10-2012, 05:24 PM
That's the problem I'm having snug is good but I'm worried these shirts are crossing that dick line :/

Lol the old tearing out of them skin tight look? "Do they make those in men's sizes also?"
My buddy is like that....he often wears tank tops. He is jacked as hell I try to tell him bro u still look jacked in a sweater

kazman68
11-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Lol the old tearing out of them skin tight look? "Do they make those in men's sizes also?"
My buddy is like that....he often wears tank tops. He is jacked as hell I try to tell him bro u still look jacked in a sweater

Finding a nice button down was impossible for me at my biggest, so I ended up getting a larger size and tucking it in, I had to even get one of those tie things because my neck was to big for shirts, it looked kinda baggy in the belly area, but better than being skin tight.

Fit Guru
11-10-2012, 06:00 PM
I wear all my shirts out. I don't think anyone but bodybuilders tuck their shirts in anymore. Lol..but in the summer in always in sleeveless T's.

Ironguruera
11-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Yeah for sure kaz. Dress shirts are the worst for me. If they fit my chest and shoulders my arms are all wrinkled and ride up lol. I'm real close on the neck thing. I can just fit the neck. If I go up a size I'm swimming in it lol.

I even got a taper fit one for my sisters wedding. I was looking at pics and even that fit like shit lol.

I'm also short and my torso is not long at all. if I tuck most shirts in I look like a 12 yr old. My wife didn't believe me so I tucked my shirt in for her....she laughed for 30 minutes lol.

layddually
11-10-2012, 06:43 PM
For me it's random I have some shirts my neck doesn't fit.

kazman68
11-10-2012, 06:51 PM
I wear all my shirts out. I don't think anyone but bodybuilders tuck their shirts in anymore. Lol..but in the summer in always in sleeveless T's.

I don;t tuck t-shirts in :) But a button down shirt(with a tie) that hangs down to your knees, well you have to tuck.

Fit Guru
11-10-2012, 07:02 PM
But no fanny Pac right??? Lol there's a guy that promotes our state show and another big show that still wears one and he's older than me!

CWB
11-10-2012, 07:47 PM
But no fanny Pac right??? Lol there's a guy that promotes our state show and another big show that still wears one and he's older than me!

My girlfriend found a pic of me from the first day of school the year I was going into 4th grade I believe. In this pic Im rocking a spiked mullet and a neon green fanny pack. She found it so hilarious that one day she consolidated a bunch of my important computer stuff into a folder named neon green fanny pack. I actually was proud of her sense of humor and now keep all my important stuff in the neon green fanny pack.

Fit Guru
11-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Lol

kazman68
11-10-2012, 09:32 PM
My girlfriend found a pic of me from the first day of school the year I was going into 4th grade I believe. In this pic Im rocking a spiked mullet and a neon green fanny pack. She found it so hilarious that one day she consolidated a bunch of my important computer stuff into a folder named neon green fanny pack. I actually was proud of her sense of humor and now keep all my important stuff in the neon green fanny pack.

Oh the fanny pacs...and the Mullets(I had one too) I even had an Iroc Camero, total 80's. I did like the slut look back then lots of make-up and big hair, and the music was the best. Spandex workout pants...those were the days :)

red crayon
11-11-2012, 11:25 PM
I have solved several of the issues that you guys talk about when it comes to clothes. First I wear what I want to and if its in style or not I dont care, if that bothers you just . . . . Well you get my Drift. USCalvary.com has a lot of clothes that are made to fit guys with unusual builds. You can always take the clothes to a dry cleaners and ask if they do tayloring, most do. That will make your clothes look better on you. I like to wear Jeans and T-Shirts mostly and to get the correct fit I wear solid T-Shirts, dark colors, from the womens section at Wal Mart. They are cut differently and fit better. Under Armour makes clothes for people with athletic builds too. Mens WearHouse will taylor clothes for you when you buy them there but they are expensive. Also look for the brand names that the other BodyBuilders wear, in photos etc. Getting clothes to fit right when you have an athletic build is a challenge but it can be done.

Fit Guru
11-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Oh the fanny pacs...and the Mullets(I had one too) I even had an Iroc Camero, total 80's. I did like the slut look back then lots of make-up and big hair, and the music was the best. Spandex workout pants...those were the days :)

Omg I've got a pick of me 20 years ago with red white and blue spandex. I had several pink ones also! Lol.... My squat day spandex were yellow and black striped. I Stil have them! Bring back "ever wear" Kaz do you remember those??? Bag guy's and big tops!!

kazman68
11-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Omg I've got a pick of me 20 years ago with red white and blue spandex. I had several pink ones also! Lol.... My squat day spandex were yellow and black striped. I Stil have them! Bring back "ever wear" Kaz do you remember those??? Bag guy's and big tops!!

ROFL, Oh yah! I had purple&black spandex tight's for leg days myself! I also had a neon orange 3/4 sleeve NPC shirt, I always worked out in.

Fit Guru
11-12-2012, 10:30 AM
I've still got several NPC rag tops. They still sell those too. I wish they'd come back in style. Lol.....

kazman68
11-12-2012, 07:11 PM
I've still got several NPC rag tops. They still sell those too. I wish they'd come back in style. Lol.....

Me too..I loved mine, I liked the neon colors myself..

red crayon
11-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Fanny Packs? When did those go out of style? If I didnt have mine I dont know where Id keep my Ipod. I tried the arm band thing but I kept breaking it and dropping my Ipod. I gotta have my music, the gyms music stinks! (no kidding)

kazman68
11-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Fanny Packs? When did those go out of style? If I didnt have mine I dont know where Id keep my Ipod. I tried the arm band thing but I kept breaking it and dropping my Ipod. I gotta have my music, the gyms music stinks! (no kidding)

LOL, I have this little thing my mp3 player came with. Goes around your waist and is just big enough to slip it into, very small..but I remember the days of walk-man's (cassettes) and they were so big you needed to have a fanny pack to carry one...