PDA

View Full Version : Listening to the body

SFDan
11-29-2012, 04:56 PM
So this week it's been really hard to get going. Did a big leg day on Saturday and it took days to get back to normal. Had a decent chest day on Monday, then I've just not been motivated mostly from soreness and feeling tired. Usually I can blast through. It's been a while since I had a de-load, so I'm wondering if I just need to cool it for a while and let the body rest so I can start fresh. Maybe just finish out the week with some cardio and light sets. Planning to start a test/eq/provi cycle in the next couple weeks and I don't want to go into it not 100%. Anyone else ever feel this way? Besides at 56 it's different, even on TRT.

chrisotpherm
11-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Yes bro completely. I have just taken off three weeks as my body just fatigued out as well mentally tired. It was extremely tough deciding to take a break but my body and mind needed it. Going to hit it hard again next week.

kazman68
11-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Yes bro completely. I have just taken off three weeks as my body just fatigued out as well mentally tired. It was extremely tough deciding to take a break but my body and mind needed it. Going to hit it hard again next week.

X2 at 44 I'm finally learning to listen, if body says 'slow down' I do so.

AgentYes
11-30-2012, 04:38 AM
When the body says rest, rest. No one here is a beginner.

chrisotpherm
11-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Very true. Heck I have been in the middle as well as toward the end of a cycle and had to take off. It takes a lot to suck down your pride and do what the body needs.

Bruiser
11-30-2012, 09:05 AM
What I do when I'm feeling overtrained (especially if it's near the time I'm starting a blast cycle) is this and it's worked amazing:

1. completely stop lifting for a week
2. gorge myself on anything I can fit in my mouth (I'm talking fast food, buffets, sweets, anything! This is when your body can use the extra fat and calories)
3. double or triple my multi-vitamin/mineral intake
4. double or triple my BCAA and glutamine intake
5. sleep as much as possible that week too
6. lay off all stims including caffeine
7. do a lot of stretching and foam rolling

This will help your body recover properly, "reset" your CNS and prepare your body for the cycle and heavy training to come.

zedhed
11-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Hey bro take the deload or even better just stop for awhile. The Bruiser put up a dam good set of ideas on it too IMO.
Good luck bro.:cool:

neoclassical
11-30-2012, 01:46 PM
What I do when I'm feeling overtrained (especially if it's near the time I'm starting a blast cycle) is this and it's worked amazing:

1. completely stop lifting for a week
2. gorge myself on anything I can fit in my mouth (I'm talking fast food, buffets, sweets, anything! This is when your body can use the extra fat and calories)
3. double or triple my multi-vitamin/mineral intake
4. double or triple my BCAA and glutamine intake
5. sleep as much as possible that week too
6. lay off all stims including caffeine
7. do a lot of stretching and foam rolling

This will help your body recover properly, "reset" your CNS and prepare your body for the cycle and heavy training to come.

^^^^
Thanks for sharing.

Bruiser
11-30-2012, 02:15 PM
^^^^
Thanks for sharing.

No problem. A lot of guys forget that the most important part of building strength and size is rest and recovery. If you're worn out, your body can't rebuild. I know plenty of other powerlifters that eat nothing but fast food and junk, but take one week off every month from lifting and they have better physiques than a lot of bodybuilders! People over think everything. Lift big, eat big, and sleep.

SFDan
11-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks bros. all good advice- it's such a head trip for me sometimes. The fear of loosing everything I've worked hard for in a week. Not rational I know. Got to remember that it's a marathon not a sprint. Now that I've had a few days off, I can feel the enthusiasm building again.

zedhed
12-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Gr8 way to think on it bro.

JTH250
12-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Im always nervous to take time off. i feel like im wasting time..but when i come back i feel much stronger then before my break..