PDA

View Full Version : Any cross fitters?

Orange24
12-23-2012, 11:57 PM
I actually went a did a class today. Was definitely hard. I doubt I would be able to significantly grow doing crossfit regularly but I see why people really love it. My wife is obsessed.

Sherk
12-24-2012, 12:59 AM
I've done it a few times. It's not for me. I'm strict on form and its hard for me to lift as sloppy as you have to to do cross fit. It felt like at any moment I was going to injure myself. Their chin ups are a joke too. No offense to anyone who does it, that's just my opinion.

chrisotpherm
12-24-2012, 01:30 AM
I completely recommend doing any of the crossfit. As the exercises forces your body to move or lift in unnatural forms and can and will eventually lead to injuries. It's original design started off innocent but as we have seen many times before with people getting involved have turned it into extreme exercises again that can and will lead to injuries.

AgentYes
12-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Crossfit varies widely depending on the particular location. Some of them are heinous and dangerous embarrassments. Others have well trained experienced lifters with just too Much enthusiasm regarding fitness. They can be a great place to get some OLifting training... or a place to learn how to hurt yourself badly. I think the addictive aspect is the timed workouts. Trackable progression is one of the things that got me so hooked on lifting. Each workout should be an improvement over the workout before. Whether its five more pounds on the bar or one more rep. A new lifter can improve almost every single workout for a year or more. I know crossfit times improve steadily for beginners as well. Many lifters don't track their workouts or may not even have been taught the principal of progression and end up missing out.

Crossfit also does wonders for girls physiques.

That said, it ain't for me. I'm a big old masthead that doesn't give a fuck about fitness and has a healthy fear of injury.

Sherk
12-24-2012, 10:49 AM
I love your avi AY

SisterSteel
12-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Just be careful because many CF's get hurt because performing Oly lifts for high reps for time is completely taking the lift and it's purpose out of context.

exphys88
12-24-2012, 06:15 PM
You'll be pretty good at everything, and great at nothing.

SisterSteel
12-26-2012, 04:19 PM
You'll be pretty good at everything, and great at nothing.

Like the saying.... A jack of all trade, but a master of none.