PDA

View Full Version : One of my good friends commited suicide yesterday

cane
06-28-2012, 04:21 AM
I am at a loss for words.His name was phil.Phil was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet.He leaves behind a 9 year old daughter, who they told, he had a heart attack because of obvious reasons.

He was depressed and had a hard time dealing with his divorce and not living with his only child anymore.Phil was on all sort of anti-depressant meds and had a few spells where he told people he thought of ending it all and even was hospitalized for it a few times.

Last week he went away to disney world with his daughter for the week ,came back monday bragging about what a great time they had together and now this.He left a note, i am still not sure what it says, but he also left some money for his daughter and even left money for the rent in advance" he lives in another friend of mines house and rents the bottom floor"..So this was planned in advance.

My friend who owns the house came down to wake him up for work " they work together" and found him dead weds morning.Truely heartbreaking.Today he would have been 43 years old.Such a shame, a whole life left to live and a whole life in front of his daugther, they could have shared together.I know things can be tuff but why resort to this? why why why...

Rip phil, you will be forever missed by many, enjoy your birthday in heaven with the angels

Arabian
06-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Im sorry for your loss Cane. I wish more people would seek help after divorce. Its one of the most devastating events in life , especially if children are involved.

exphys88
06-28-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss and especially that little girls loss.
Kids need their fathers, especially little girls.
Just remember that it was not your friend that did this, it was a very sick person that did it. Nobody in their right mind would leave their little girl w/o a father.

lileight
06-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Sorry to hear this. Prayers sent for his family.

cane
06-28-2012, 02:03 PM
thanks guys, ill be ok but i am devistated for his daughter, having to grow old with no father around.The wake is tomorrow,going to be very sad.

ordawg1
06-28-2012, 02:14 PM
I am very saddened to hear this.We had a family loss just over a year ago-and last month almost lost another. Remember guys- You are HERE FOR A GOOD TIME-NOT A LONG TIME !! You are in my prayers Cane-OD

PJ1127
06-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Its truly heartbreaking to read about one passing, esp by suicide. You never know what goes through someones head while they are depressed. Depression is very serious and people need to seek help if they are having a serious problem.

Sorry to hear about the passing of your friend cane. People are always around if ya need to vent.

jaytat
06-28-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry to hear this, my prayers are with you and his family

cane
06-29-2012, 01:08 AM
thanks guys.again i appreciate the kind words

blackscorpion
06-29-2012, 09:26 AM
Wow. I guess some people just give up on life. A friend told me recently he was about to commit suicide one day when I showed up at his place and convince him to go out with me for a drink and just hang , we had a good long talk but I didn't know his situation was so serious. Wow. He's ok now but...damn suicide ?

Mr. dB
06-29-2012, 06:17 PM
That's rough. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with suicide in a long time, I think it's been about 13 years since the last time anyone I knew offed themselves. Messy business.

cane
06-30-2012, 02:40 PM
went to the wake last night it was rough! i only went in to pay my respects for a few mins and left to get hammered all night with friends from work afterwards because funerals make me sick to be honest .It didnt even look like him at all..such a shame.

may you rest in eternal peace forever phil
RIP

NHBFAN
06-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Very sad.

The thought that many people spend literally decades clinically depressed is hard to comprehend, and more evidence suggest traditional anti-depressants have little to no efficacy.

Sorry for your loss, cane.

Southernlord
07-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Sorry bro.
These things are always tough. I lost a childhood friend the same way. RIP.

sterolizer
07-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss Cane

chrisotpherm
07-04-2012, 03:11 PM
I hate that this happened man. No one has the answer for what pushes another one to this point, just pain after it is over. My prayers are with you and his daughter!!!

cane
07-05-2012, 04:35 AM
kind words appreciated fellas

jessgirl
07-06-2012, 06:43 AM
My heart goes out to his family and friends. Depression is a sickness that a lot of us will never understand. its sad cause like you said everyone has problems it's just being strong hearted and getting through them that's challenging. I think we take a lot for granted sometimes and something like this makes you think! God bless his family :(

Orange24
07-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Prayers your way cane. What a sad time it must be. God is good and that little girl will be protected...anything and any situation can be redeemed!

Whiskey
07-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Sorry to hear buddy, sadly, a good friend of mine did the same last year :(

Whiskey