PDA

View Full Version : Garbage Bowl

Mattingly
02-13-2013, 06:54 PM
I am a big fan of keeping it simple with my meals. I often mix what I am eating together in a bowl such as my egg whites and grits most mornings. For dinner just had the following:

2 tilapia filets
1 cup rice
1/3 cup each of tomato, onion, and green pepper sautéed in extra virgin olive oil

Throw it in the bowl and stir it up. Topped off with Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce today. I alternate between fish, chicken, ground turkey, and ground beef for the protein portion of the meal.

Not complicated but a simple meal idea for those of us cooking for ourselves or in a hurry.

Bruiser
02-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Nice simple recipe. Looks good.

Mattingly
02-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Thanks B. It freaks my wife out but I can eat pretty much the same things everyday. I just function better with my routine/system. Plus there isn't much guesswork then in terms of calories, protein, etc. you know what you consume and if you need to increase/decrease anything based on how you look, feel, changing goals, etc.

Nelson303
02-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Mattingly that OCD don't mess with you on eating. I love garbage bowls. But when my OCD is going nuts it all has to be separate in s certain order. But your post MADD me hungry.

Mattingly
02-13-2013, 11:23 PM
It actually does, but in a good way when it comes to measuring and eating pretty much the same things all the time at the same times. Up until more recently when I had a plate of food I would eat one thing completely, then the next thing completely. And they couldnt friggin touch each other. I am still that way when I eat out (at a restaurant, not my woman...now thats a garbage plate!! Yeah buddy!) I couldnt have like one bite of everything in random order.

I swear to God, it was watching a Ronnie Coleman video where he just threw his eggs into his grits, stirred it up and ate it. Since then I have been doing that with more things, whenever I can. Certain foods we all eat are ok by themselves but when they are mixed together and topped with Red Hot or Sriracha they just taste better and not so bland.

DelphaMorrison
03-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks for telling me these recipes, I would try to cook for the first time, lets see.