PDA

View Full Version : This blows

tk12
02-25-2013, 09:51 AM
I wake up this morning to see my gym is closing.... WTF?:mad:

babablacksheep
02-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Shitty brother.....sorry to hear that.....is it a hard core hole in the wall gym.....those are the best

Fit Guru
02-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Damn bro

SisterSteel
02-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Sorry to hear that. Losing a good gym is like losing a close friend.

red crayon
02-25-2013, 03:15 PM
That happened to the gym I go to now. One of the members heard that the owner had terminal cancer and was going to close it because of that so he got a loan and bought it. In all bad situations there is always a silver lining to the dark cloud. Im sorry to hear about the gym closing and I hope you find a better place to work out!

chrisotpherm
02-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Man sorry to hear this man. Extremely frustrating but everything happens for a reason and maybe a better opportunity will open up for you at another location bro.

tk12
02-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Living in a small town sucks......
Only other thing here is the YMCA..... this blows..

Looks like I'll join Golds... twenty minute drive

Wallycn
02-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Ive seen that happen far to often, its like bars and resturants. Just cause your passionate about it doesn't mean you know how to manage the business aspect of it. That is why I work out at a gym run by one of the local hospitals......tons of money being pumped into that place so their is never any worries of it closing. That and it is always spotless.

kazman68
02-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Sorry to hear that. Losing a good gym is like losing a close friend.

True...

xdude
02-25-2013, 09:31 PM
sorry to here buddy... especially if you get a gym with a bunch people with a good attitude..
find out the reason it was closed?
I had one close cause of a drug bust... they were using the gym as a laundry for coke money
it was good for the gym since the owner was not looking to make money and liked a good gym
himself.. however it was been obvious to the tax man the amount they were charging was not covering what they had for equipment ..and still making a huge profit.. :)
anyhow it closed and reopened , with a huge tax lean..
In the end the large safe was removed and the re-enforced room made a great floor for heavy weights.
that was shortly after
it is now a women's gym... you know the type..more aerobic classes , aroma therapy and the barbells are pink and stop at 10lbs.. on the plus side there is a lot more spandex ..of course I don't work out there anymore..

Anyhow I hope it reopens for you ..or somehow works out in the end ..
Don't give up over this though

mj_0360
02-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Golds is the shit imo and 20 mins isn't too bad.

Ironguruera
02-26-2013, 01:19 AM
Golds is the shit imo and 20 mins isn't too bad.

Golds is pretty bodybuilding oriented and usually are pretty nice.

The one right by my house has been overrun since the new yr! They also have a $10 a month deal , and all the idiots of the world have united....at golds gym lol.

Arnold would shake his head in disapproval lol.

mj_0360
02-26-2013, 02:37 AM
we just got a full set of weighted cambered barbells to go along with the regular weighted bb's we already have there. Good selection of equipment.

chrisotpherm
02-26-2013, 09:18 AM
I too drive to a gym off the fort. I like the ability to get away from it all and just smash weights. I don't talk much nor am unapproachable, just don't like sharing weights with "those group guys" who stand around talking about life and working out instead of just getting down to business. I was actually rude last week which isn't my norm. I asked a couple very small dudes how many more sets they had on the squat rack and both just looked at me like I had a horn growing out of my forehead and said "not really sure, hahaha, we are just winging it" caught me off guard and I said "well when you figure it out and quite lifting like my little sister let me know as I have real work to do". Felt bad afterwords as this is not my character, but hey everyone has a nerve when you are focused in on what you are trying to achieve. I did go up to them after I calmed down and apologize and they said they understood. Not like there was going to be in action as I am a 224lbs ginger that looks like Duke from GI Joe. LOL. I really am a lover though. LOL.

zedhed
02-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Or you could always build your own home gym for not a hell of a lot of $$. Make it cheap and be creative.

rikkitikkitavi
02-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Or you could always build your own home gym for not a hell of a lot of $$. Make it cheap and be creative.

That would be my dream...

Ironguruera
02-27-2013, 01:34 AM

Craigslist!
I got a sweet half cage with cable attachment/pec deck/ preacher attachment with bar and weights for $450
If u keep looking and have a truck or buddy that does....u can build a nice setup if u spend your money right.

red crayon
02-27-2013, 11:13 AM
I tried the home work out thing, it didnt work. My wife is a work out killer. I tried to get her to go to the gym with me but she insisted working out with me and changeing the plates after every set so she could lift was a pain and then she would get into my field of view and bend over to pick up something. Arrrg, set over. I couldnt concentrate or get on a good roll. I dont know how it is for you but I wish you the best of luck!

zedhed
02-27-2013, 02:20 PM
LAMO thats funny bro. Her bending over in front of you. You oughta walk up behind her and dry hump her for that!
Been working out at home for years, love it.