PDA

View Full Version : corned beef and cabbage

xdude
03-17-2013, 08:50 PM
I grew up Irish .. had this single pot fiasco all the time growing up.. what possessed anyone to ever thing this stuff was great.. I mean first it is cooked until you can cut it with a spoon and everything is a shade of grey. to begin with I am not crazy of cabbage ..but soft and bland ...hmm that is what we all are after... and corned beef ..how can you ruin a perfectly good piece of beef like that ..
ok the well salted boiled potatoes and carrots were ok
but I am Irish so.. it is in my genes ..like my ultra white super sun sensitive skin.. :eek:

Vicious 13
03-17-2013, 09:06 PM
My wife is Irish corn beef and cabbage every year

babablacksheep
03-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Had corned beef and cabbage last night

ordawg1
03-17-2013, 09:25 PM
You can't question tradition !! Just eat it and SMILE-LOL-OD

ineedtogrow
03-17-2013, 09:37 PM
I actually like it. I always put a wine vinaigrette on my cabbage and its pretty damn good. the key to great corned beef is to make it yourself and not just buying it from the store already corned.

SisterSteel
03-18-2013, 09:51 AM
If you're backed up cabbage will fix that right away. Most don't know it's a strong natural laxative.

chrisotpherm
03-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Well I don't know if I could handle this. I hate cabbage. I guess compromise comes into play here.

Ironguruera
03-18-2013, 02:51 PM
F cabbage. Taste like shit and doesn't agree with my body.

Have at it guys lol

Orange24
03-18-2013, 09:45 PM
We had corned beef and cabbage. I slow cooked it in my own dry Irish stout...then we had stouts and porters on nitro:) mmmmm

ineedtogrow
03-18-2013, 11:38 PM
We had corned beef and cabbage. I slow cooked it in my own dry Irish stout...then we had stouts and porters on nitro:) mmmmm
now that sounds great!

xdude
03-19-2013, 06:15 PM

corned beef and cabbage stout ...sounds pretty nasty...;)

Orange24
03-19-2013, 07:05 PM
I love meats cooked in beer

Stout pancakes r incredible as well

xdude
03-19-2013, 08:29 PM
all around my mom was a bad cook...
I will give her credit though... a lot of credit ... She peel potatoes for 6 kids and dad almost every night .

but everything else .. there was the meatloaf that she creatively made with Oat Bran instead of oatmeal
Haddock pan fried in a thick bisquick dough.. instead of like pigs in a blanket...it was like haddock in a pancake.

Pasta sauce the cheapest you could find .. For crying out loud it was orange?
She didn't do labels ...only generic

oh and Mac and Cheese.. only use 1/2 the cheese... serve with boiled hot dogs of course.
boiling and Irish go hand in hand I guess