PDA

View Full Version : Women and aggression

Hoss
03-24-2013, 01:56 AM
I need some advice from the board. I have a female friend and she is a amateur Mma fighter. She lacking one thing and thats aggression. She had a total hysterectomy about 10 years ago and I assume leaves her with messed up hormones and I'm woundering if this is the cause of her non aggressive ways? I want to help bring the beast out in her! I do believe she will be up for any ideas. Thanks

Vicious 13
03-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Got my wife pregnant never seen her so aggressive. She's ready to fist fight me before I even open my mouth lol. Maybe talk to sister steel. For me I have to focus and tell myself I need to b aggressive. Off the mats I'm a pretty nice guy on the mats it's them or me had a lot of mental involved

Hoss
03-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Thanks vicious I'm hopeing sister will chime in at some point. I'm like you nice as can be but when the door locks its you or me. She's not that way she has the heart of ten men but when she is fighting she acts like she doesent want too hurt her opponent.

chrisotpherm
03-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Focused meditation helps many of my buddies who fight. Gentle giants just like viscous off the mats, on a caged animal that will destroy you once you set foot on. They do the above meditation as they focus their energy completely in competing. A little mind therapy can go a long way in anything we do.

Wallycn
03-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Got my wife pregnant never seen her so aggressive. She's ready to fist fight me before I even open my mouth lol.
That is hilarious!!!

babablacksheep
03-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Good luck to you both....especially you there vicious...careful she might try to kill you in your sleep....I'm just playin bro

Vicious 13
03-24-2013, 03:02 PM
Lol

red crayon
03-24-2013, 03:30 PM
You might try finding a triger device of some sort. Maybe she needs to hurt anyone who invades her space, the ring is her space. Something like that.

SisterSteel
03-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks vicious I'm hopeing sister will chime in at some point. I'm like you nice as can be but when the door locks its you or me. She's not that way she has the heart of ten men but when she is fighting she acts like she doesent want too hurt her opponent.

The funny thing is a side that some women experience after a hysterectomy is mood swings, irritability, etc. The way to know if it had an impact on her would be to know how she was before the hysterectomy. Also is her doc prescribing anything for the hysterectomy? Many prescribe Estrogen and Progesterone after the procedure. What is she on now if anything?

I need to know more to help.

It could be something so easy as to the fact that it's just not in her to be aggressive and potentially hurt someone. I roll with a girl at my school who would be a fierce competitor but she just can't compete and bring herself to potentially hurt someone.

Vicious 13
03-24-2013, 05:42 PM
I'm not aggressive when I roll w guys in class or buddies but I can turn it on in a tourney

DelphaMorrison
03-24-2013, 06:42 PM
The thing is you have you to turn her mindset to other way, taking help of any romantic book, or religious book would help as well..

Hoss
03-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Ok sister I'm gonna try and answer your questions. Before the surgery she had alot more emotions. She was a little pron to violence. Now she doesent get to excited about any thing. They tried some sort of estrogen that came from a horse I guess and that only last a couple of weeks cuzz it made things real bad in all areas. She is currently on nothing and hasent been for many years. I think she needs some sort of chemical help but I really don't know

ICace2013
04-01-2013, 09:46 AM
my gf had a hysterectomy and is banned from using any hormones what so ever but this due to a clotting disorder. I would honestly stick with natural methods such as meditation or guided imagery.

mryar
04-05-2013, 10:42 AM
I know next to nothing about women's hormones, but when my estrogen gets too high I feel more aggressive and emotions are more pronounced (positive and negative). Maybe a little higher estrogen levels would help? Perhaps a little experimenting? That's how I usually find out which way I need to go, try a little more or less and see how that makes me feel.

http://kb.osu.edu/dspace/handle/1811/6576

Abstract: Estrogens are known modulators of aggression however, the specific action of estrogens on brain function has not been determined. In a correlational study, the number of estrogen receptors in regions of the hypothalamus and limbic system was correlated with aggressive behavior in a domestic strain of mice (CD-1). To determine whether these correlations reflect the effect of estrogen on aggression, the production of estrogen was manipulated by an aromatase inhibitor (fadrozole) to observe the subsequent effects on aggressive behavior. Reduction of estrogen production resulted in a decrease in aggressive behavior, suggesting that estrogen acts to increase aggression.

maxadam
04-06-2013, 09:48 AM
What is she? a peaceful mma fighter? she should be aggressive, she will loose fight with this attitude.. an mma should be aggressive.

#1Ronin
02-04-2014, 02:49 AM
IMO, fighters are born. Like diamonds in the ruff. But after polishing, cutting, etc the hardest material on earth. Not to say all fighters are psychopaths, but u need fight inside to turn off emotion (or just enjoy) hurting & damaging others... Me personally, I love it!!!! Seeing my opponents eyes rollback is a high I'm addicted too!!!

#1 Ronin.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1Ronin
02-04-2014, 02:50 AM
IMO, fighters are born. Like diamonds in the ruff. But after polishing, cutting, etc the hardest material on earth. Not to say all fighters are psychopaths, but u need fight inside to turn off emotion (or just enjoy) hurting & damaging others... Me personally, I love it!!!!

#1 Ronin.

#1Ronin
02-04-2014, 02:50 AM
Weird double post???

#1 Ronin.