PDA

View Full Version : Hit a new low

Vicious 13
06-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Horrible night last night crashed my truck and got arrested for DUI. I can't believe how stupid and selfish I'm soo depressed. I honestly want to eat a bunch of pills and never wake up my son to b born son is the only reason I haven't... I have no one to blame but myself i feel like such a piece of shit right now what kind of man puts his pregnant wife through this I can't even look at her without crying I can't believe she is still here

Nelson303
06-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Dude. Really. Not to say I'm a saint. But vicious dog come on. That is shitty luck. And you have had a string of bad crap over the last year. Use this to focus on your son and strive. I had same shit happen except wife left after my bullshit. If your girl is standing by you. You are solid you will over come this bullshit. Now just focus on your future of sobriety. At least for a few. Just diet and light gear. So just please don't beat yourself down about this. All of us in some way can relate. Just be positive and no pills to sleep man. I have been in your shoes. It's just a bump in the road and a kick to your pride. You will overcome this dog. We are here for you to vent.

ineedtogrow
06-08-2013, 07:20 PM
look at this as the next step in life, you learned a lesson. you could have killed her and your unborn son, but you didn't. now you know what could happen if you drink and drive. its not worth killing yourself over, nothing is. always look forward to what could come and be optimistic when you look to the future. its like a very wise man once said. "look forward, never look back and enjoy every sandwich" ;) life can be difficult and very trying, but those are the moments that keep life interesting.

Vicious 13
06-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Thank u guys ... This is a big eye opener it sucks that it takes drastic things like this to open my eyes...I'm done drinking I can't handle it.

MuscleAddiction
06-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Focus on your wife and your son, you have some making up to do no doubt about that...and if you live in California, well that will suck even more sorry to say. I have been an Alternative Sentencing Sheriff Work Program work site supervisor for almost 10 years, I have heard all the DUI horror stories from everyday cool bros such as yourself and it is just so common it is crazy! I know you feel like a piece of shit right now but really your family needs you, and you need them. This too shall pass, and as long as you learned your lesson from it then that is all that matters! The truck can be replaced, money will be paid and made again, but you are lucky to be alive to be able to see what will be the most amazing and precious moment in your life and that will be the birth of your son, and you and your wife will be together cherishing every minute, and trust me cherish them because they go fast!!! You are a good man who made a mistake, get up...brush yourself off...and go do what a man would do and make it right to your family, and then later you will have something to teach your son about drinking and driving!

Love ya bro...you will be fine!!!

Vicious 13
06-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Thank u ma and yes I do live in California so the next year or so will b pretty long hard ad expensive

MuscleAddiction
06-08-2013, 07:48 PM
You will get through it...my nephew who lives with us got his 2nd DUI well over a year ago...all I can say is just do the classes, pay the fucked up fines (the state needs revenue and it gets a lot from shit like this), and yes if you can't handle the alcohol then stop drinking...it only causes trouble bro, alcohol truly needs to be outlawed, they make a big deal about weed...give me a fucking break, that is the lesser of those evils!!! Like I said you are a good man, go be with your wife and love the shit out of her!!!

Manny1983
06-08-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm gonna go kick your ass give me your addy ;) glad you're all ok bro just look at the positive and learn. Like I said awhile back if I'm planning on driving I either don't drink or I stop drinking at least 1.5-2 hrs before I get in my car depending on how much I've drank so I can be sober. Wish you the best of luck bro.

Layddually2
06-09-2013, 12:18 AM
I'm torn here. I don't wish anything bad on you but I wish you could come see my brother inlaw in the icu. He is there because of a 23yr old girl that was intoxicated. On top of that she had 3 kids in her car that she was baby sitting. My brother inlaw has been there since the 30th. He has a head injury, collapsed lungs, shattered leg, damaged pancreas, damaged intestines, will be getting tracheotomy on Monday. He has a 14yr old and an 11yr old. Right now he is having seizure that are signs of severe brain damage as in hemay be a vegitable.

What I'm trying to say is you need to think about everyone you may affect before taking that first drink. Was it you or someone else that did this not to long ago? If it was you maybe you should get on the wagon before you hurt your self or someone else like your wife or child.

babablacksheep
06-09-2013, 01:27 AM
Well lesson learned....you should touch base with me when you get a chance

ineedtogrow
06-09-2013, 01:40 AM
iirc he did get a dui not too long ago also. if I'm correct then I believe its time for you to stop
drinking

Orange24
06-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Vicious we all go through the darkness bro. We all have been beaten and bruised up by life. Its really really freaking hard sometimes. One thing that I've always stood by and always will is, everything always has a way of working itself out. Gotta give it time and effort. My suggestion is to drop drinking and see a counselor. Start attacking your problem areas head on. Get some good perspective on why you're making the decisions you are and adopt some tools for the future so no repeats happen. Unless we as people relearn how to go about our issues we stand no chance. Time to take a deep breath and decide for yourself and your family what kind of man you are. I believe you'll overcome this. But you gotta learn how to cope with life.

I've been as low and hurt as anyone I've ever known. Last year my wife dragged me to a counselor to work through some personal deamons. My life hasn't been the same since. Be humble, accept what you've done, forgive yourself, look at your wife and ask for forgiveness and promise her youre on a path to getting healthy. Love ya homes, pm me if you need anything. Been there...

mj_0360
06-12-2013, 07:26 AM
I quit drinking after my 3rd dui and it has been the best thing I have ever done. Life is better that it has ever been! I slipped once in 2 years so I have back to back years sober, the best that I have ever done. If you ever need to talk shoot me a pm bro, I like to help others quit boozin'.

red crayon
06-13-2013, 11:54 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad times. We never know how its gonna turn out until its over. I am like the rest of the people on here I have had bad times too. I got permanent brain damage from two concussions, I got them a few seconds apart. I had bleeding inside my skull and was about to die. At the hospital they did surgery, crainiotomy, and let the extra blood out. They thought I was going to be a vegetable. My wife was making plans with my mom and dad to take care of me. Long story short, some how I came back. I am back at work doing my job, industrial electrician, and I refuse to give up, roll over and play dead. You can do it too! Just put your head down and take it one step at a time, keep moveing forward.

Layddually2
06-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad times. We never know how its gonna turn out until its over. I am like the rest of the people on here I have had bad times too. I got permanent brain damage from two concussions, I got them a few seconds apart. I had bleeding inside my skull and was about to die. At the hospital they did surgery, crainiotomy, and let the extra blood out. They thought I was going to be a vegetable. My wife was making plans with my mom and dad to take care of me. Long story short, some how I came back. I am back at work doing my job, industrial electrician, and I refuse to give up, roll over and play dead. You can do it too! Just put your head down and take it one step at a time, keep moveing forward.

Damn that sounds like what happened to my brother inlaw with his first accident. Except he wasn't able to hold down a job after ward. He was transferred to rehab from icu today. He is talking but doesn't know who he is or anyone else is. Yesterday he was Juan today he was Carlos, he is white though lol. The sad thing is he doesn't know who his boys are.

Encino_Mang
06-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles with booze................I quit booze 5 years ago

Layddually2
06-14-2013, 10:53 PM
I had my issues with booze and rec drugs as well. If I had not met my wife I honestly don't believe I would be alive today.

Vicious 13
06-15-2013, 10:58 AM
I have a lot of demons from my past... What I did last week was extremely selfish and I was only thinking of myself... I'm trying to see this as something that will make my wife and I stronger. I promised her I wouldn't drink anymore and that's a promise I intend to keep... Thank God it didn't end up worse I could have easily killed myself or even worse someone else. It was a very big wake up call and although its making for a tough few years I honestly think it saved my life. I was lost heading down the wrong path and now I now where I'm at and where I need to b. thank u guys for the support

MuscleAddiction
06-15-2013, 11:14 AM
I have a lot of demons from my past... What I did last week was extremely selfish and I was only thinking of myself... I'm trying to see this as something that will make my wife and I stronger. I promised her I wouldn't drink anymore and that's a promise I intend to keep... Thank God it didn't end up worse I could have easily killed myself or even worse someone else. It was a very big wake up call and although its making for a tough few years I honestly think it saved my life. I was lost heading down the wrong path and now I now where I'm at and where I need to b. thank u guys for the support

Good attitude brother...hey my wife is at one of her favorite meetings right now, that is what you will want to find...a good support group because well you are going to need it!!! Hit those meetings, find the ones with people you can connect with, and let your wife know that your sobriety needs to come first, then everything else will fall right into place. You will see what I mean as the days go by...love to you brother, but you need to take care of you before you can take care of anyone else.

SirFatKok
06-15-2013, 11:55 AM
That's a good attitude to have vicious, we all get lost in the dark sometimes, and the wake up calls can be a rude awakening, but as long as you learn, in the end it can be worked out for the best. I've got almost 2yrs off the bottle and dope, and I'm in a better place than I've been since I was a kid. Hang in there man, one day at a time.

tommygunz
06-15-2013, 01:12 PM
You can't change what you've done all you can do us never repeat it. Learn from your mistake and move on to dealing with the consequences. Your family is and should always be your priority. PM any time if you need to talk.

xdude
06-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Horrible night last night crashed my truck and got arrested for DUI. I can't believe how stupid and selfish I'm soo depressed. I honestly want to eat a bunch of pills and never wake up my son to b born son is the only reason I haven't... I have no one to blame but myself i feel like such a piece of shit right now what kind of man puts his pregnant wife through this I can't even look at her without crying I can't believe she is still here

I mean this in the most positive way I can.. I have friends that are friends will Bill W.. there is a long path in front .. but the journey of a thousand miles starts with one step.. and is always on day at a time.. these are all clecase' I could use .

What I want to tell you is the people that I know that are friends with Bill W have worked very hard to be some of the best people I know ..
and they are ..even though when they joined AA there was bottom ..

I don't think you should try to go alone at this ..especially if you tried and failed alone before ..
you need a person that that can do 2 things
willing to say "bull$h*t " cause they were there..and used that excuse themselves
and you need someone that understands your pain.. cause they were there as well

I am proud to say my sister just got her 25 Year chip last year.. but it wasn't 25 years...it was 25 years one day at a time

Ironguruera
06-15-2013, 04:37 PM
You can't change what you've done all you can do us never repeat it. Learn from your mistake and move on to dealing with the consequences. Your family is and should always be your priority. PM any time if you need to talk.

Well said tommy!