PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think?

ineedtogrow
06-30-2013, 04:26 AM
Polaris Industries now owns the Indian brand. Polaris is the first company in America to invent snowmobiles and now they own the first brand of American made motorcycles. this company is a $2.2B company and has VERY little debt. I think it will go far with the Indian and I think the Indian name will live on.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r4bEXmanRVc

Vicious 13
06-30-2013, 08:38 AM
The Indian name is gone as they don't make anything anymore I have an old Indian trail bike and people always say Indian whats that.. I don't like Polaris seem cheap as far as jet skis and atvs

i8avet
07-15-2013, 02:07 AM
the best thing polaris came out with is the Victory Motorcycle. Id never get one because there not made in the USA, its a metric bike. all Indian ever was, is a frame with an s&s motor, there a dime a dozen (minus that hideous fender). my $.02 is they'll be popular to the owners that had them before. I used to be a supplier to a Victory dealer here in town and the WHOLE SERVICE DEPARTMENT RODE HARLEY'S.

ineedtogrow
07-15-2013, 12:18 PM
That is absolutely incorrect. The Victory motorcycle is made in Spirit Lake IA. The frame is welded there and the whole bike is assembled there as well. The engines are built out in Wisconsin somewhere also. Victory is an American made motorcycle as is Indian and Harley.

i8avet
07-15-2013, 03:17 PM
my bad i thought i read they had an italian designed motor. I did research and your spot on. motor is made in IA and MI. either way I have a biased opinion on the matter. I have 2 buddies with the cross country tours and they both had major issues with in the first 6 months. blown out fork seals while riding on the express way, and both needed new cylinders because of warpage. after that I never really paid much attention to them, sorry for the incorrect info

ineedtogrow
07-19-2013, 12:59 AM
I used to be a supplier to a Victory dealer here in town and the WHOLE SERVICE DEPARTMENT RODE HARLEY'S.

my bad i thought i read they had an italian designed motor. I did research and your spot on. motor is made in IA and MI. either way I have a biased opinion on the matter. I have 2 buddies with the cross country tours and they both had major issues with in the first 6 months. blown out fork seals while riding on the express way, and both needed new cylinders because of warpage. after that I never really paid much attention to them, sorry for the incorrect info actually I'm really surprised because when it comes to suspension components Polaris uses the best out there imo (Fox Shox). The R&D that goes into the bikes is absolutely crazy and Q.A is by far the tightest I have ever seen. Harley has history, but I can bet money on it that a Victory is a better built bike. If you really do your homework Harley has outsourced a ton of parts overseas, Polaris will not.

ineedtogrow
08-09-2013, 01:44 AM
Well, Indian Motorcycles have officially hit the streets! Price is awesome and the design is pretty nice. I can't get over the engine though! WOW