PDA

View Full Version : protein powders

ineedtogrow
08-11-2013, 04:14 PM
I've been hearing and reading a bit about a protein powder called Myotein and was wondering what your guys thoughts were on this stuff, do you think its better than the MuscleMeds Carnivor? What do you think the best protein powder is at the moment? Thanks

Orange24
08-11-2013, 04:23 PM
I've done so much research on this I can promise you the best protein on the planet is from WWW.proteinfactory.com

ineedtogrow
08-11-2013, 05:16 PM
I've done so much research on this I can promise you the best protein on the planet is from WWW.proteinfactory.com

Awesome, thanks Orange! I really liking that Native whey protein isolate they have. Spendy, but it sounds great. I'm gonna have to do a little more research on the stuff

MuscleAddiction
08-11-2013, 05:37 PM
I have been using ON Whey and NuBlend-7 proteins recently, the other brand I use is Max Muscle High 5 protein blend...I like the blends the best due to the absorption rate is longer having casein and egg white proteins in it, but use the whey for post workout shakes and protein bars. Here is a link to the NuBlend-7 protein...

https://www.mrsupps.com/Products/12/NuBlend%2D7+Chocolate+Milkshake/

I like the Chocolate Milkshake, Banana Creme, and Vanilla. I will mix either banana or vanilla in almond milk and poor over my oatmeal in the morning...add some dried cranberries and delicious!!!

ineedtogrow
08-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Nice, thanks MA! I'll have to check them out
I really like the idea of the Nublend-7!

Katelly
08-11-2013, 06:46 PM
There's actually a supplement company that is custom blending protein to your liking. Kinda pricey but you know exactly what you getting

Orange24
08-11-2013, 07:09 PM
There's actually a supplement company that is custom blending protein to your liking. Kinda pricey but you know exactly what you getting

That's what protein factory is

kazman68
08-11-2013, 07:15 PM
That's what protein factory is

http://www.truenutrition.com/ offers the same service.

ineedtogrow
08-11-2013, 10:20 PM
http://www.truenutrition.com/ offers the same service.
I have a hook up at truenutrition and can get their stuff pretty cheap.

MuscleAddiction
08-12-2013, 12:27 AM
I have a hook up at truenutrition and can get their stuff pretty cheap.

So do I place my order through you???

ineedtogrow
08-12-2013, 01:40 AM
You can all get 5% off your total order or 10% off all orders over 16lbs if you enter discount code JNR490 at true nutrition

Lunchbox
08-12-2013, 10:07 AM
You can all get 5% off your total order or 10% off all orders over 16lbs if you enter discount code JNR490 at true nutrition

Thanks bro. I'll hace to check them out. I was always under tge impression that protein supps are a waste of money unless used right after workout.

MuscleAddiction
08-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks bro. I'll hace to check them out. I was always under tge impression that protein supps are a waste of money unless used right after workout.

...and before bed, I wouldn't rely on them solely but injesting additional protein in shakes to me is not a waste of money.

Lunchbox
08-12-2013, 01:28 PM
...and before bed, I wouldn't rely on them solely but injesting additional protein in shakes to me is not a waste of money.

I have thought about taking advantage of them when trying to hit my macros for the day.

Can someone suggest something for me:

Protein for postworkout
Meal replacement for a low carb diet
Before bed protein

All rolled into one??

Thanks for your time.

SisterSteel
08-12-2013, 07:31 PM
I think a blen works best for protein powder unless it's for post workout. I like to use a protein that has whey, egg, and casein. That way I get fast, med, and slow digesting proteins.

sensitivenips
08-13-2013, 10:08 AM
ive started eating greek yogurt as my postworkout "shake" so to speak. been taking an interest in the possibility of metal content found in some of these mass protein manufactures. my last purchase was from protein factory, its real good, and the pricing is nice, but i would be interested in learning more about their process for protein and the metal content (if any) found in them. something we all should be somewhat concerned about.

Ironguruera
08-13-2013, 08:07 PM
I like egg and steak isolate mixed. Keeps me leaner then whey.

robdp
08-15-2013, 12:45 AM
Cmon, we all know not to waste money on supps;)

smoovy
08-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Protein should never replace solid food. Its the connivence of having something quick and using it to nail your macros.

Orange is right, proteinfactory.com is probably the best, decent prices expect for the retarded shipping.

Everything I've ever read is exactly what Sister said, blend is the best, fast, medium and slow digesting.

sensitivenips
08-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Protein should never replace solid food. Its the convenience of having something quick and using it to nail your macros.

thank you captain obvious.

anybody in here wanting protein information to replace their solid foods source?

smoovy
08-15-2013, 01:10 PM
thank you captain obvious.

anybody in here wanting protein information to replace their solid foods source?

Not everyone on this board is experienced, people are learning. Someone reading the muscles magazines and searching thru forums could just see all the hype on protein powders and think they need to down 4 shakes a day, juice up and their muscles will explode.

Food is the #1 most important thing in getting bigger and stronger. That point needs to be made when theres a conversation going on that's slanted towards powder. Powder isnt gonna get anyone jacked no matter how much aas someone is taking.

Keep your honor on man, no need to be sarcastic towards a valid point and foundational info.

sensitivenips
08-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Not everyone on this board is experienced, people are learning. Someone reading the muscles magazines and searching thru forums could just see all the hype on protein powders and think they need to down 4 shakes a day, juice up and their muscles will explode.

Food is the #1 most important thing in getting bigger and stronger. That point needs to be made when theres a conversation going on that's slanted towards powder. Powder isnt gonna get anyone jacked no matter how much aas someone is taking.

Keep your honor on man, no need to be sarcastic towards a valid point and foundational info.

you seem like a good dude.

whenever i come across a discussion regarding protein powder someone always chimes in with that typical response "whole foods/solid foods should be the main source not protein powder" coupled with having a bad day, i just kind of let this newly found pet peeve be expressed through my fingers.

dont take my response personally g, it was more on my end.

valid point agreed.

smoovy
08-15-2013, 06:50 PM
you seem like a good dude.

whenever i come across a discussion regarding protein powder someone always chimes in with that typical response "whole foods/solid foods should be the main source not protein powder" coupled with having a bad day, i just kind of let this newly found pet peeve be expressed through my fingers.

dont take my response personally g, it was more on my end.

valid point agreed.

Totally understand man. I def wasnt trying to be "that guy".

I personally have gotten caught up in the whole supplements/powder craze and lost time in the gym and money because of it. And I've seen lots of guys get caught up in that.

Thanks for the honor bro!!

red crayon
08-17-2013, 02:04 AM
Thats very true with all supplements. They are just that, Things that you add to your diet to hit your desired Macros. Truthfully I use my protein for two reasons. Number one so I can get enough protein that day without eating a zillion calories and because I love chocolate and cant eat a chocolate cake. When I choose a brand to buy I always choose one that supplies what I need. Fast digesting for after work outs and slow digesting with several sources for the before sleep shake.

prc603
10-16-2013, 11:19 PM
gonna throw this out there. 5 star walmart protein. not that bad in comparison to some.
36 gram scoop. 30 grams protein. minimal sugars, and vitamins and other goodies included. when you break down the price, it almost breaks even with top quality ones like intek evolution. so if your in a pinch and need something quick till pay day. this is a good option.

Too Small
10-26-2013, 09:07 AM
I know my reply is going to seem biased, but I promise it's not.

I don't know how many use or have used any products from SAN Nutrition. I have been faithful to them for over a year and a half now. I love their products. I believe in them so much that I started my own side business (online supplement store) where I sell nothing but SAN product at this time.

I have converted faithful ON users. The prices are not cheap, but you honestly get what you pay for. Very little fillers and top quality ingredients.

Check out their Titanium Whey line...great taste, mixes EASY and does the job!

Ironguruera
10-27-2013, 01:39 PM
I know my reply is going to seem biased, but I promise it's not.

I don't know how many use or have used any products from SAN Nutrition. I have been faithful to them for over a year and a half now. I love their products. I believe in them so much that I started my own side business (online supplement store) where I sell nothing but SAN product at this time.

I have converted faithful ON users. The prices are not cheap, but you honestly get what you pay for. Very little fillers and top quality ingredients.

Check out their Titanium Whey line...great taste, mixes EASY and does the job!

Do they make and egg or beef isolate protein? I don't do dairy.

Too Small
10-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Do they make and egg or beef isolate protein? I don't do dairy.
No they don't. However, they do have a "plant protein". Not sure if that would be something you would be interested in. It's call Raw Fusion.

Ironguruera
10-28-2013, 12:37 PM
No they don't. However, they do have a "plant protein". Not sure if that would be something you would be interested in. It's call Raw Fusion.

No thanks. Pathetic amino load.
Ill stick with what I have. My chickens are laying almost 1 dozen eggs a day.... Plenty of amino dense organic protein around lol.

zedhed
10-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Ok so how many shakes per day do you guyz use,? Ill go first, 2 shakes per day. Whey protein. To slow down absorbtion I add in a big ol heaping tablespoon of natty PB.

Ironguruera
10-29-2013, 01:20 PM
1-4 a day. 3-4 ok workout days. 1-2 non workout days.

Beef isolate and egg protein.

Too Small
11-04-2013, 12:12 PM
I think we need to dig into it deeper than just "how many". Everyday...training or not.

How many shakes: 4

How much protein/and type:
#1: 54g - Whey Isolate
#2: 54g - Whey Isolate
#3: 27g - Whey Isolate with 25g of Amylopectin (Post workout, right before dinner...hence the smaller amount of Protein)
#4: 25g - Casein

Ironguruera
11-04-2013, 01:21 PM
I think we need to dig into it deeper than just "how many". Everyday...training or not.

How many shakes: 4

How much protein/and type:
#1: 54g - Whey Isolate
#2: 54g - Whey Isolate
#3: 27g - Whey Isolate with 25g of Amylopectin (Post workout, right before dinner...hence the smaller amount of Protein)
#4: 25g - Casein

I just like the convince of them. I'm starting to question the true need for them at all. My 2 friends that are jacked as fuck don't even use them. My buddy eats a solid meal before he trains. I personally can't do that as ill like it up during training.

I question how many pros really use shakes at all.....

I use egg and beef isolate 1st thing am(50 grams). Beef isolate pre and post workout 25 grams

Encino_Mang
11-04-2013, 02:26 PM
I hardly ever use them.......just eat real food......I guess if I was trying to get cals in I would use them

Ironguruera
11-04-2013, 05:41 PM
I hardly ever use them.......just eat real food......I guess if I was trying to get cals in I would use them

I like 1 1st thing am. I also do like using them pre and post workout. I get sick if I eat too close to lifting but I can have.a shake with carbs for workout fuel and feel great. I also have a hard time eating right away after I train but if I have a shake then I can eat shortly after.

They have there place no doubt!

Too Small
11-05-2013, 08:54 AM
I like 1 1st thing am. I also do like using them pre and post workout. I get sick if I eat too close to lifting but I can have.a shake with carbs for workout fuel and feel great. I also have a hard time eating right away after I train but if I have a shake then I can eat shortly after.

They have there place no doubt!

I'm like you...I can't eat real food within 2 hours of training. I get way too nauseous. On leg days...forget it. I don't even take a pre-workout supp on leg days....just sip my BCAA's during my workout.

People have to remember that FOOD is the number one way to get you source of goods. If time is limited, or you have a job where you can heat up food during the day, or even eat at your desk, then shakes are about the best way to get your nutrients.

In the mornings, if you do a shake, add in some extra BCAA's. Or even take the BCAA's prior to your Protein. BCAA's on an empty stomach in the morning helps turn you Anabolic.

Fishman44
11-05-2013, 09:46 AM
I do 1 shake am on off days and 2 shakes, 1 pre and 1 post on training days. I use atlarge powder, it's a good blend and has 5g of leucine per serving

Slayer
11-05-2013, 10:08 AM
1 right after working out in the locker room. 50gm+ CFM Whey isolate from the Protein Factory. Then about 2 hours later,I have dinner. 8oz Tilapia and either 2 cups brocali or brown rice.

AnalogMan
11-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Yum Yum Yum . That's my brand "ON" "Rocky Road" but I was talking about ,Chocolate Milkshakes, Banana Crème, and Vanilla... And I can drink Almond Milk with everything.................AnalogMan
I have been using ON Whey and NuBlend-7 proteins recently, the other brand I use is Max Muscle High 5 protein blend...I like the blends the best due to the absorption rate is longer having casein and egg white proteins in it, but use the whey for post workout shakes and protein bars. Here is a link to the NuBlend-7 protein...

I like the Chocolate Milkshake, Banana Creme, and Vanilla. I will mix either banana or vanilla in almond milk and poor over my oatmeal in the morning...add some dried cranberries and delicious!!!

Too Small
11-05-2013, 04:49 PM

Just curious brother...would something like this interest you???

AnalogMan
11-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Can't read it bro, it looks like maybe the label on some "Almond" milk?? I have some, I can look.What's so interesting to u on it? If that's what it is???......................AnalogMan

Too Small
11-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Sorry...don't know why the attachment is so small.

Maybe is one will work.