PDA

View Full Version : need a solid pre contest diet plan

chesty
12-02-2013, 01:18 AM
need a pre contest diet that starts about 12-16 weeks out. Best diet I found was a pale diet. high protein fats zero carbs except for every 4th day for 24 hours. want to shred of 35 lbs of fat. that will put me at 190 or so. one issue I have is grazing. I also may be starting g to become insulin resistant. which is weird because I am always craving sugars. that isn't cool.

Vicious 13
12-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Where has fit guru been

Encino_Mang
12-02-2013, 04:46 AM
need a pre contest diet that starts about 12-16 weeks out. Best diet I found was a pale diet. high protein fats zero carbs except for every 4th day for 24 hours. want to shred of 35 lbs of fat. that will put me at 190 or so. one issue I have is grazing. I also may be starting g to become insulin resistant. which is weird because I am always craving sugars. that isn't cool.

Never heard of the "pale diet"?

That shred 35lbs of fat sounds like what I need about right now myself

Ironguruera
12-02-2013, 01:06 PM
He prob meant paleo :)

Fishman44
12-02-2013, 03:50 PM
John meadows gets some sick results from his diets

Encino_Mang
12-02-2013, 07:17 PM
He prob meant paleo :)

Never heard of that one also :)

SisterSteel
12-02-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm a fan of carb cycling.

High Carb Day:
Carbohydrate- 2 to 3 grams per pound of bodyweight
Protein- 1 to 1.25 grams per pound of bodyweight
Fat- as low as possible

Low to Moderate Carb Day:
Carbohydrate- 0 to 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight
Protein- 1.25 to 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight
Fat- 0.15 to .35 grams per pound of bodyweight

Even the top Crossfags don't use Paleo.

chesty
12-14-2013, 12:20 AM
I found my body boats horribly on carbs of just about any kind. I used something like paleo but my carbs were less than 25 gms a day for 3-4 days while about half my 1800 calories came from protein and other half from fats. on carb day I kept protein levels but reduced fat to compensate for extra carbs. over a 4 month cycle, I lost 35 lbs of fat and put on a 1 lb of muscle. I was using 500mg of test e and 500mg of eq. it was brutal I posted progress pics on elite fitness when I did it in the log section.

Ironguruera
12-15-2013, 12:36 AM
I'm a fan of carb cycling.

High Carb Day:
Carbohydrate- 2 to 3 grams per pound of bodyweight
Protein- 1 to 1.25 grams per pound of bodyweight
Fat- as low as possible

Low to Moderate Carb Day:
Carbohydrate- 0 to 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight
Protein- 1.25 to 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight
Fat- 0.15 to .35 grams per pound of bodyweight

Even the top Crossfags don't use Paleo.

Lmao @ Crossfags!! I love u sister lol!

I haven't done paleo but I don't do well on low carbs.

I do like 1 HUGE poin with paleo and that's basically if u don't kill
Or or pluck it....then don't eat it! caveman as they call it.

I do find some huge flaws in some of the thoughts of paleo. 1 that u can't eat beans/legumes because they require cooking.... But they advocate eating meat. Last time I checked....u have to still cook meat lmao. Yes u can eat sushi but u get my point. Legumes/beans that are spouted are extremely nutrient dense and readily consumable.

Anyways....rock it if it works for u chesty. It's a Healthy diet overall and forces one to eat healthy quality food sources all the time.

chesty
12-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Paleo, isn't just about meat, it can encompass anything that isn't processed and is a natural product of the environment such as nuts, wild plants, and such. I mainly eat meat, never raw either. and I find carbs generally mess me up. like last night I had a lot of carbs and tonight what is coming out of my ass must have died last year.

I like the idea of paleo, but I modify it to include veggies with low sugar count.

chesty
10-22-2015, 03:14 AM
I'm really getting to the point of going on diet. It's just really expensive and requires attention to detail. My issue is work. It interferes with everything. I can't eat regular bc of 8 million meetings, and by time I get home I'm zapped. I wish I could just pop 5 pills a day, 1 for each meal and just be done with it. But alas, there are no pills for meals :(

BigBones
10-22-2015, 06:53 AM
Since your zapped I assume you lift in the morning/before work?

What is your work schedule?

Not knowing your schedule -
Why not have breakfast at home and 2 high quality protein bars for meals 2, 3 (or a solid lunch) and 4. Save 5 for PWO/dinner and 6 last meal before bed (or as a late dinner).

#bringbackSisterSteelandFitGuru

TITAN-280
10-22-2015, 08:53 AM
I've never given out my exact diet plan for pre-contest but for you bros I'll give ya the basics and this WILL get you shredded if you adhere to it completely.
Figure your diet is going to stay at the same levels, just moving components around. Doing the basic (200lb bodybuider example here). These are based on daily intakes.

Starting at 16 wks out:

350g protein/day
100g carbs/day
Fats = from foods and AN PB

If you haven't been doing cardio then start. Begin with 30 min sessions 3x's/wk. Increase cardio (1) 30 min session EVERY week of your contest diet until your last 4 weeks. At 4 wks out you should be at AT LEAST (16) 30 min cardio sessions/wk (7, Am fasted sessions - 6, PM post workout sessions - 3, midday sessions)

Every 4 weeks (e.g @ 12 wks out, 8 wks out, 4 wks out), change up your diet to accomodate your daily carb intake, per your current bodyweight....meaning your carb intake should be 1/2 of your bodyweight. Here's the tricky part. If you take away say 20 grams of carbs, you add them back in in protein, meaning....say at 12 wks out if your bodyweight is at 190 then your carb intake shoud be taken to 95 carbs/day and you would replace those lost calories of carbs with increased grams of protein, moving your protein up to 355. It seems inconsequential and like it wouldn't work but the 2 times I've been in my absolute best condiditon of my life was my designed diet like this. By only doing 30 min cardio sessions you cut WAY back on the possibility of burning muscle while dieting (you can increase the intensity and type of cardio to get the same results), and you're basically hitting your body with a dose of adrenaline from the cardio twice per day, then when you're doing cardio 3x's per day (I always try to do 3/day cardio sessions exactly 8 hrs apart) you're getting a dose of adrenaline 3x's per day. Since carbs and protein are the same in calories then essentially you're never dropping your calorie intake and getting leaner as you go. I've found also that with this diet I actually GAIN a substantial amount of muscle while dieting too.

Lunchbox
10-22-2015, 12:54 PM
I've never given out my exact diet plan for pre-contest but for you bros I'll give ya the basics and this WILL get you shredded if you adhere to it completely.
Figure your diet is going to stay at the same levels, just moving components around. Doing the basic (200lb bodybuider example here). These are based on daily intakes.

Starting at 16 wks out:

350g protein/day
100g carbs/day
Fats = from foods and AN PB

If you haven't been doing cardio then start. Begin with 30 min sessions 3x's/wk. Increase cardio (1) 30 min session EVERY week of your contest diet until your last 4 weeks. At 4 wks out you should be at AT LEAST (16) 30 min cardio sessions/wk (7, Am fasted sessions - 6, PM post workout sessions - 3, midday sessions)

Every 4 weeks (e.g @ 12 wks out, 8 wks out, 4 wks out), change up your diet to accomodate your daily carb intake, per your current bodyweight....meaning your carb intake should be 1/2 of your bodyweight. Here's the tricky part. If you take away say 20 grams of carbs, you add them back in in protein, meaning....say at 12 wks out if your bodyweight is at 190 then your carb intake shoud be taken to 95 carbs/day and you would replace those lost calories of carbs with increased grams of protein, moving your protein up to 355. It seems inconsequential and like it wouldn't work but the 2 times I've been in my absolute best condiditon of my life was my designed diet like this. By only doing 30 min cardio sessions you cut WAY back on the possibility of burning muscle while dieting (you can increase the intensity and type of cardio to get the same results), and you're basically hitting your body with a dose of adrenaline from the cardio twice per day, then when you're doing cardio 3x's per day (I always try to do 3/day cardio sessions exactly 8 hrs apart) you're getting a dose of adrenaline 3x's per day. Since carbs and protein are the same in calories then essentially you're never dropping your calorie intake and getting leaner as you go. I've found also that with this diet I actually GAIN a substantial amount of muscle while dieting too.

Saved 😏

chesty
10-22-2015, 01:57 PM
I can only work out after work would have to get up at4am and I go to bed at midnight.

Excellent meal plan saved as well.

As for being zapped, it's mainly bc I have to deal with self righteous narcissistic ass holes all day while I smile and pretend all is well in the land of stupid.

Lunchbox
10-22-2015, 03:03 PM
I can only work out after work would have to get up at4am and I go to bed at midnight.

Excellent meal plan saved as well.

As for being zapped, it's mainly bc I have to deal with self righteous narcissistic ass holes all day while I smile and pretend all is well in the land of stupid.

Holy shit!! Do we work at the same company????:happy:

xdude
10-22-2015, 07:00 PM
So Titan--- your goal is staying the same weight and just getting harder ( not that that is bad thing , in fact I am all for that )

Also When I was College .. a buddy of mine had a great dog named Titan .. So I keep thinking of Titan when I see your name
We used to get stoned on the roof , and Titan would climb up there cruising around the roof.. also like a cat he would jump up on the counters

He also could run at amazing speed ( like 25 MPH)
Like I said he was a great dog...

chesty
10-23-2015, 02:50 AM
Holy shit!! Do we work at the same company????:happy:

We probably could. I got one guy from Israel thinks his shit don't stink, and feels he is superior to everyone else including those of us with 20 times (years) the experience since he just started. He is alienating everyone around him. I got him moved to a different team and he is passing them off it sounds like.

Time to distress. ��

TITAN-280
10-26-2015, 11:13 PM
So Titan--- your goal is staying the same weight and just getting harder ( not that that is bad thing , in fact I am all for that )

Also When I was College .. a buddy of mine had a great dog named Titan .. So I keep thinking of Titan when I see your name
We used to get stoned on the roof , and Titan would climb up there cruising around the roof.. also like a cat he would jump up on the counters

He also could run at amazing speed ( like 25 MPH)
Like I said he was a great dog...

No bro definitely not. As the cardio is added in you WILL drop weight....bodyfat. Which will show on the scale. Obviously it's a contest diet so throughout the offseason you weren't eating 1/2 your bodyweight in carbs. That change alone will cause a shift in body composition. You'll lose weight, mainly bodyfat but the increase of cardio every week will bring the scale down. As it comes down so do your carbs, while at the same time replacing the calories with protein to keep (or even gain) muscle while getting leaner at the same time. Given, you may not drop as huge a # on the scales but yes you will keep a tighter weight while getting leaner and tighter. Hope that helped.

TITAN-280
10-26-2015, 11:14 PM
Saved 😏

:-) Thanks bro.

Big Hoss
10-30-2015, 04:30 PM
Titan, do you still do the traditional carb loading/carb depletion and water restriction the last few weeks out on this diet?

TITAN-280
11-02-2015, 10:51 PM
Titan, do you still do the traditional carb loading/carb depletion and water restriction the last few weeks out on this diet?

Actually not really Big Hoss. I keep everything level, with main changes only to drop carbs and up protein. At 7 days out I actually start water loading for 4 days, then start depleting the last 3 days. Then the day before the show I might take it 12oz the first 6 hrs I'm awake. Say the show is on Sat. On Thurs I double my current (at the time) carbs. On Fri I double my carbs AGAIN while cutting my protein down to 2oz per meal. Now keep in mind at this point I'd been already eating 10-12 meals per day for the final 4 wks of my prep. I do the same with my sodium on Thurs and Fri as my carbs basically in the form of sugar free mustard or sugar free ketchup.

One thing I did forget is at every 4 wk mark change of the diet I would add another meal. Meaning the meal sizes would get smaller. This in turn makes it easier for your body to digest and use the nutrients and for energy instead of storing for fat. Also. By making your meals smaller your stomach will shrink internally and that will also bring down your waistline. Ppl won't believe me but I'm gonna do this diet and I'll step onstage next year at 260+ with striated glutes and a 32" waist

MuscleAddiction
11-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Actually not really Big Hoss. I keep everything level, with main changes only to drop carbs and up protein. At 7 days out I actually start water loading for 4 days, then start depleting the last 3 days. Then the day before the show I might take it 12oz the first 6 hrs I'm awake. Say the show is on Sat. On Thurs I double my current (at the time) carbs. On Fri I double my carbs AGAIN while cutting my protein down to 2oz per meal. Now keep in mind at this point I'd been already eating 10-12 meals per day for the final 4 wks of my prep. I do the same with my sodium on Thurs and Fri as my carbs basically in the form of sugar free mustard or sugar free ketchup.

One thing I did forget is at every 4 wk mark change of the diet I would add another meal. Meaning the meal sizes would get smaller. This in turn makes it easier for your body to digest and use the nutrients and for energy instead of storing for fat. Also. By making your meals smaller your stomach will shrink internally and that will also bring down your waistline. Ppl won't believe me but I'm gonna do this diet and I'll step onstage next year at 260+ with striated glutes and a 32" waist

Bingo ^^^

Big Hoss
11-03-2015, 02:09 PM

^ Wow! F*ck me! Sounds good brother, thanks for sharing that info.

TITAN-280
11-03-2015, 09:43 PM
^ Wow! F*ck me! Sounds good brother, thanks for sharing that info.

Yes sir.....Time to get nasty. :-)

Big Hoss
11-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Yes sir.....Time to get nasty. :-)

LOL.... love the 'tude!!!!

KingMD
11-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Siick insight..thanks for sharing

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

TITAN-280
11-04-2015, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=KingMD;100870]Siick insight..thanks for sharing

Yes sir. I try to be as helpful here on this board as much as everyone has been extremely helpful to me already. :-)

world-pharma.org
04-04-2016, 01:12 AM
i love paleo...now i use it already 3 months..results are amaizing..most fats i got from 4 whole egs and kokos oil..;) maybe some olive oil from salad..but not much..and yes some akril oil,omega3 and cla...

no carbo at all...