PDA

View Full Version : Wrist and forearm work?

Ironguruera
02-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Ok so I've noticed since I started benching heavy even with hardcore wrist wraps my wrists and forearms seem weak and pathetic.

been doing the standard bar curls supersets, cables etc u name it. Roll a rope up dowel, ironmind forearms curl thing. Ill ramp it up but fuck seems like nothing does shit to make them grow. I can punish them until
I can't grip shit.

Anything u guys do? My wrists are tiny.

I've found my weakest links and Im working on it!!

Tried benching 335 today. Didn't like how my wrists felt at all.

zedhed
02-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Overhand curls with an EZ bar. Forarms have massive endurance so I do 10x10. Work them up to 2x/week. Rollers and wrist curls never did shit for me either size wise. Mine are still small but improving noticeably.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

Ironguruera
02-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Funny I was thinking just that at some odd hour....Larry Scott said do the reverse curls on a machine vs the bar and do the middle 2/3rd of the movement. Ill check these out and report back. The pussy ass curls don't do shit with that toddler weight bar. Gotta find a way to move some weight! Ill try that 10x10 they sure can take a brutal punishing....on par with calves. Stubborn assholes

zedhed
02-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Exactly bro. They are endurance muscles. After your 4th-5th set you should really be struggling to get the full 10 reps in. By the 7th set that should be impossible. By the 10th set you will be down to 3-5 reps. Continue with this weight till you get all 10x10 then add 5-10 Lbs.
Do all sets at the same weight. Do not subtract weight but you can subtract sets till you are able to get the full 10x10.:cool:

Ironguruera
02-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Exactly bro. They are endurance muscles. After your 4th-5th set you should really be struggling to get the full 10 reps in. By the 7th set that should be impossible. By the 10th set you will be down to 3-5 reps. Continue with this weight till you get all 10x10 then add 5-10 Lbs.
Do all sets at the same weight. Do not subtract weight but you can subtract sets till you are able to get the full 10x10.:cool:

Ace! Will do chief!

Big Hoss
02-04-2014, 03:24 PM
You can also supplement those spring-loaded wrist grips too. I use them at home, at the office, etc. Helps me tremendously.

socialmisfit
02-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Sounds a little odd, but you can get a 5 gallon bucket and fill it with either sand or rice and dig your hands to the bottom, pull them out. Rinse and repeat. Oh yea wear gloves!

Ironguruera
02-06-2014, 01:20 AM

How many seconds rest between sets on the 10x10 zed?

zedhed
02-06-2014, 12:37 PM
60 or less bro. I generally do 60 cuz I am adding weight every week,

Ironguruera
02-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Show off lol. I'm excited to try it out.

zedhed
02-06-2014, 02:13 PM
If you can stick with it I you will like the results. But this is not a strength workout so keep that in mind. This is a mass producer.

Ironguruera
02-06-2014, 03:02 PM
I need both look at these terrible things!!http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/07/vebyza9a.jpg

What will induce strength then?

zedhed
02-06-2014, 11:07 PM
Dead lifts, static holds, underhand 45°bent over bbl rows, rackpulls. Prertty much anything holding heavy ass weight.
Work your for arms 2x/ week. Mass one day and strength the other. You should do a log on it.

Ironguruera
02-07-2014, 12:35 AM
Ill do my best to keep at it. Been a busy week.

mj_0360
02-07-2014, 08:43 AM
I used the flat barbell accessorie w rollers on the grip yesterday for my forearms, after I trained bis and tris. I gripped it buckle up and did reverse curls and forearm curls til it burned to bad to do any more! lol I might not be using the correct terminology but you get the point.

zedhed
02-07-2014, 11:44 PM
Did my EZOHCs today. By 5th set it felt like someone was trying to pull my braccillis (sp)out with pliars. Only got 8 sets.

Ironguruera
02-08-2014, 02:57 AM
U doing just an ez curl bar on a preacher zed or do u use a preacher machine ??

Ironguruera
02-08-2014, 03:05 AM
Brachioradialis is the forearm muscle. brachialis is an underlying muscle of the outer bicep head that creates peak on the biceps as well as a 3 look to the arm when viewed from the side. I live for this shit! I should prob change professions....

zedhed
02-08-2014, 12:53 PM
I work out at home alone bro so just the EZ bar standing up. Sometimes I do them sitting down and then do only the middle part of the motion.

zedhed
02-08-2014, 12:55 PM
Yeah, Brachioradialis and Brachialis is what I ment...but you already knew that. LOL

Ironguruera
02-08-2014, 01:08 PM
I work out at home alone bro so just the EZ bar standing up. Sometimes I do them sitting down and then do only the middle part of the motion.

Ok I might try that next time. I used these machines but the angle of the dangle wasnt perfect. I don't know what cock sucker designs half this shit. Some pencil pushing cad savy douchebag would be my guess.

I see why Larry Scott made his own benches and equipment because most of the stuff out there is useless!

Sorry I'm all fire and brimstone today....

zedhed
02-08-2014, 01:46 PM
No apology need bro. Most serious peeps would agree with you. The last time I was in a gym was the YMCA like.10 years ago.

Ironguruera
02-19-2014, 08:22 PM
So far seems to he working zed. I also started the 75 of pain for calves routine again.

zedhed
02-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Enjoy bro and keep us posted.

MuscleAddiction
02-21-2014, 12:32 PM
Farmers walks and holding heavy weight with hand until failure helps me.

zedhed
03-19-2014, 12:37 PM
So how bout an update in here IG?

Ironguruera
03-19-2014, 01:45 PM
I was doing an ez curl bar with 20 lbs each side and upgraded to 25 lb each side. I think the bar weighs 20lbs. I've been doing it at the end of biceps to really isolate the forearms and the bicep is smoked too much to provide much help.

I also did other curls and shit this week as well for them.
They are growing ever so slightly. They look more veiny.
My arms don't feel so fucking feeble and pathetic when I bench last few weeks so seems like its helping.

Larry Scott would be proud. We often neglect forearms and wrist strength but they are crucial to upper body development once u hit a point. U can't grow unless u have a good grip and forearm to hold the weights needed to grow!

After I got home from the gym I decided I hated the half dead tree in the front yard. My wrists and forearms where so smoked and sore on Monday after doing all that on Sunday.

zedhed
03-19-2014, 03:47 PM
Good to hear bro.

Big Hoss
04-21-2014, 12:20 PM
Hey, check out these forearms on Casey Viator!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=casey+viator&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=C566C1EE49C54EE0C2472FD211A8DA3087B5CC89&selectedIndex=65

Ironguruera
04-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Nice! Lee preist is hard to beat, as was Larry Scott.

Big Hoss
04-21-2014, 10:43 PM
Nice! Lee preist is hard to beat, as was Larry Scott.

Yeah, I agree. Sergio Olivia is another good one.

Ironguruera
04-21-2014, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I agree. Sergio Olivia is another good one.

Lol
I was going to mention him also

zedhed
08-16-2014, 12:48 PM
How you doing on this Iggy?

Ironguruera
08-16-2014, 01:06 PM
Been slacking chef I won't bullshit ya!

I did get an insane forearm workout last weekend. The lawn/leaf sucker/blower fucked with me the last fucking time. Stupid bag would always pop off. I was starving from being in the lawn ages. I fucking lost it. I threw that inferior piece of shit on the ground about 10 times as hard as I could! My wife came outside to see what all the ruckus was....I gave her and earful about bringin me some fucking water lol.

Moving forward the new leaf sucker works way better and has better ergos. Gives and epic forearm workout so huge bonus lol.

I did a forearm giant set the week before so I have been staying with them. I feel the weakness when I bench if I don't. Last week bench felt good in this regard.

I gotta do the last bit of the yard this weekend so I'll hit the forearm leaf blaster again lol.

zedhed
08-16-2014, 05:04 PM
LMAO!!
I wish I was your neighbor accross the street to see you do all this shit bro. Too dam funny. This guy slamming the dam leaf blower into the ground and freaking out..sitting here laughing out loud.

Ironguruera
08-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Lol I was in the backyard this time but I'm sure they have seen me lose it at least 1 time. I'm suprised there isn't a video of me on YouTube cause I'm sure some neighbors saw when I lost it big time with the hose reel lol.
My wife died laughing when she came home and the hose and reel where in the middle of the street lol. "I see u neatly set the old hose reel out for trash pickup."

I knew she was a keeper cause when we 1st started dating. We were trying to watch a DVD and it kept crapping out. I horsed with it for a few calmly. Then I said " ohhhh I found the issue!!" I ejected the DVD took the disc out and tore the DVD entire drive cassette right out the front. Disconnected it from the tv and walked right out the front door.....yup in the street it went!
She was in tears laughing when I came back in and said problem solved. Let's go to walmart for a new one.

Encino_Mang
08-17-2014, 02:21 AM
I threw that inferior piece of shit on the ground about 10 times as hard as I could!

Yup that's pretty much standard equipment repair at my house also...........the GF doesn't understand.........I tell to just go in the house and everything will be ok when I get done.

zedhed
08-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Umm...ashamed as I am I threw my wifes cell phone out the car window at 60...long story.

baby1
08-17-2014, 10:29 AM
Umm...ashamed as I am I threw my wifes cell phone out the car window at 60...long story.

Please do tell,lol

zedhed
08-17-2014, 11:02 AM
ok but only cuz you asked suga.
Since my Bonnie has been feeling good she is able to drive again but I worry my ass off or at least did when she first started driving.
She decided to go to WalMart one night and it was kinda off and on rain.
She took off and headed for WalMart and it was getting to be what I thought was too dam long for her not to be home by now.
I tried and tried to call her on her cell phone but no pick up. It would ring twice and go into voice mail. Now this has been one of the only issues we have ever had is her learning to use the dam cell phone. At this point in her life she really could care less and I understand that but I also need to be able to call her and see what the hell is up at times like this.
She always blames the cell phone but it was not the phone cuz we had the same dam phone.
So anyway I finally got a phone call and it was just her saying my name once very loud. So now Im on hightend alert mode and Im gettin in the car to search her out.
Well thankfully she is not in the ditch somewhere along the way and there are no wrecks.
So I find her in the car in the parking lot. The car is dead and she is screaming at me about the car being dead and she probably did something stupid. I could care less about the car and asked her why she didnt call me and tell me what was going on? She said she did. I had her listen to what was on my phone. And then I bellowed at her why the hell didnt she pick up on one of the 200 calls that I made to her. She said that she couldnt get it to pick up.....so I dialed her phone and yet again showed her how to pick up a call.... Then I just said fuck it why do you even have a dam cell phone that you refuse to learn how to use and I grabbed it and tossed it out the window. Then I said problem solved. She was just sitting there open mouthed. This is not me normally. I was super stressed out from the period of months before.
Well anyway got her a new semi smart phone that she likes much better and its cheaper on our bill too.
Of course called and had the phone I tossed bricked from ATT.
Stupid, impetuous and very frustrated, very ashamed tho still.

baby1
08-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Since my Bonnie has been feeling good she is able to drive again but I worry my ass off or at least did when she first started driving.
She took off and headed for WalMart and it was getting to be what I thought was too dam long for her not to be home by now.
I tried and tried to call her on her cell phone but no pick up. It would ring twice and go into voice mail. Now this has been one of the only issues we have ever had is her learning to use the dam cell phone. At this point in her life she really could care less and I understand that but I also need to be able to call her and see what the hell is up at times like this.
She always blames the cell phone but it was not the phone cuz we had the same dam phone.
So anyway I finally got a phone call and it was just her saying my name once very loud. So now Im on hightend alert mode and Im gettin in the car to search her out.
Well thankfully she is not in the ditch somewhere along the way and there are no wrecks.
So I find her in the car in the parking lot. The car is dead and she is screaming at me about the car being dead and she probably did something stupid. I could care less about the car and asked her why she didnt call me and tell me what was going on? She said she did. I had her listen to what was on my phone. And then I bellowed at her why the hell didnt she pick up on one of the 200 calls that I made to her. She said that she couldnt get it to pick up.....so I dialed her phone and yet again showed her how to pick up a call.... Then I just said fuck it why do you even have a dam cell phone that you refuse to learn how to use and I grabbed it and tossed it out the window. Then I said problem solved. She was just sitting there open mouthed. This is not me normally. I was super stressed out from the period of months before.
Well anyway got her a new semi smart phone that she likes much better and its cheaper on our bill too.

Thanks for sharing this zed. I am right there with Bonnie in regards to cell phones, in fact, I don't even have or want one,lol. Now I hope telling this story didn't get your undies all in a bunch again?lol

Encino_Mang
08-17-2014, 10:05 PM

FWIW I think any of us would have done the just about the same thing...........you were worried.

Ironguruera
08-17-2014, 11:49 PM
FWIW I think any of us would have done the just about the same thing...........you were worried.

I know I would have! Honestly I would be more concerned if u didn't go to find her or act like u did!

zedhed
08-18-2014, 10:55 AM
Nope no undies in a bunch and thanks for the support bros. I really just hate it when I blow up like that at my Bonnie. I just never wanna say anything to her that I would wanna take back or be sorry for...

baby1
08-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Nope no undies in a bunch and thanks for the support bros. I really just hate it when I blow up like that at my Bonnie. I just never wanna say anything to her that I would wanna take back or be sorry for...

You ROCK!

zedhed
08-18-2014, 02:12 PM
:cool:
Thanks suga!