PDA

View Full Version : digital antenna

xdude
02-15-2014, 08:51 PM
well I just hooked up antenna in the attic , and ran the cable down to the TV.. I was surprise to pickup almost 50 digital channels... ok there was repeats in there , a lot of PBS . the basic networks .. a few Spanish channels ( why don't they have a English on another audio track like they do for English channels ...Spanish chicks are super hot , ok there is a lot of P.S. there) and a couple shopping channels ..

thinking of giving up cable .

Ironguruera
02-16-2014, 12:02 AM
Lmao!!
Spanish chicks are the hot for sure! I don't care what they are saying anyways lol.

My wife has been jabbering about canceling cable. I don't care I never watch it except with her. I prefer to use my phone.

My brother in law made an antenna and I think he said about the same......50 ish channels.

Mmmm Latinas!!

baby1
02-16-2014, 09:16 AM
My Dad is so old school and still refuses to pay for TV. He put these antennas on all their TVs years ago,lol. My MOM says she cathes his watching the spanish soap operas and she says "you dont even know what they are saying" and he says "I didnt put this channel on",lol. After 56 years of marriage, my Mom gets a kick out of that,lol. Anyway, he has been happy with using these antennas instead of paying for cable.

Encino_Mang
02-16-2014, 02:28 PM
My Dad is so old school and still refuses to pay for TV. He put these antennas on all their TVs years ago,lol. My MOM says she cathes his watching the spanish soap operas and she says "you dont even know what they are saying" and he says "I didnt put this channel on",lol. After 56 years of marriage, my Mom gets a kick out of that,lol. Anyway, he has been happy with using these antennas instead of paying for cable.

I'm getting ready to ditch cable myself.................I just don't watch TV that much anymore............I need to look into these digital antennas.

ineedtogrow
02-16-2014, 05:48 PM
Cable is on the way out in my house. I've learned a lot about the antenna and free cable streaming from the internet. You can even watch the latest episodes. They won't be on at the regular time, but usually about an hour later than normal. Hell, between the antenna, free cable streaming and either Netflix, Hulu+ or the equivalent it should make up for everything I have now and save me $150/month

Ironguruera
02-16-2014, 07:07 PM
Cable is on the way out in my house. I've learned a lot about the antenna and free cable streaming from the internet. You can even watch the latest episodes. They won't be on at the regular time, but usually about an hour later than normal. Hell, between the antenna, free cable streaming and either Netflix, Hulu+ or the equivalent it should make up for everything I have now and save me $150/month

Exactly! We have Netflix and amazon prime also has tons of movies. Between all this gets the job done and we will go this route soon

xdude
02-16-2014, 10:24 PM
I also got one of these
iView 3500STB DTV ATSC Digital TV Converter Box ( see amazon)
it has a dvr feature if you pop in a USB stick, ... most of what I watch is network any way
records in hd and I was able to edit/watch it on the computer. .. you can set it up to record weekly
turn a channel and it has the tv guide schedule for the next 12- 24 hours after about 5 minutes

any how get an antenna high enough and you can pick up a lot.
this just a basic all in one thing too, $30 .. no motor or anything , just an amp..

only problem is I use cable for Internet

as for spanish chicks
my old roomate married a Brazilian chick and talked about show de Xuxa.. a show with a hot looking women and her assistants dress in tight shorts ..and gogo boots. the best part it was kids program and all the little girls watched it with their fathers .. it was on tv for years and she had her name on thousands of cheesy kids products .

it was just screwed up...

I surprise on the responses on this ... just kind of babling

Ironguruera
02-16-2014, 11:13 PM
Hmm I have no problem
Getting in the attic and building a mutant power antenna lol.

The DVR is very nice. Ill look into it!

I'd get aids in brazil in 2 weeks.....maybe less lol.

xdude
02-21-2014, 05:51 PM
I'd get aids in brazil in 2 weeks.....maybe less lol.
remind's me of something ...

ever see a movie called " Moon over Parador" just remember Jonathan Winters playing a CIA agent talking about the girls there " look at that ass ... you could crack walnuts on it ...must be something in the water" ;) not a great movie , but it had it's moments

ineedtogrow
02-24-2014, 02:43 AM
The movie "Kids" always comes to mind when aids are mentioned. Great movie from what I remember. Always wrap your shit no matter how well you think you know somebody!

xdude
03-04-2014, 09:41 PM
so I am flipping through the channels ... and It may be cause I am from USA ... but Spanish channels are so Sexist ...to the point where it is awesome.. like the Swedish bikini team commercials from a few years ago . it is so bad ..you can only laugh.. anyhow flipping through the Spanish channels and there is the Weather Girl. tight bright yellow t-shirt and Red hip huggers . showing off her curves .. She might as well have worn a bikini...but someone said no. she will look more professional in a t-shirt and jeans LOL
would this eve float in the US? I don't think so. there would protest in the street..

Vicious 13
03-05-2014, 09:51 AM
I pay about 120 for directv I love watching tv and refuse to not gave cable also my 6 mo old loves his baby's first channel 120 measly bucks is a small price to pay for sanity

xdude
12-11-2014, 08:23 AM
well I did it... cut the cord.. got rid of cable and I am living on DSL and antenna ..not more espn, cnbc or find nothing tio watch on the movie channel I pay for ...

for on demand I have hulu netflix and amazon ( I already had amazon prime)
and yes that all works through slow dsl.

the last straw was last month they rasie my bill $35 becase a promotional offer ended..
I called and they offer more crap I don't want for $10 more than that ....and that was all they offer
I pointed to a local offer and they said that was not even an offer and bad mouthed it...
why is it the cable company willing to make a deal with other people and say FU to me ...

well it is gone ...I got 44 channels ( at least 16 in spanish) over the air
and have the local network channels in HD, and I found a channel with Columbo re-runs ...( aahhh ..just one mintue sir )
and save over $100 amonth...

Fu comcast

Encino_Mang
12-11-2014, 09:55 AM
well I did it... cut the cord.. got rid of cable and I am living on DSL and antenna ..not more espn, cnbc or find nothing tio watch on the movie channel I pay for ...

for on demand I have hulu netflix and amazon ( I already had amazon prime)
and yes that all works through slow dsl.

the last straw was last month they rasie my bill $35 becase a promotional offer ended..
I called and they offer more crap I don't want for $10 more than that ....and that was all they offer
I pointed to a local offer and they said that was not even an offer and bad mouthed it...
why is it the cable company willing to make a deal with other people and say FU to me ...

well it is gone ...I got 44 channels ( at least 16 in spanish) over the air
and have the local network channels in HD, and I found a channel with Columbo re-runs ...( aahhh ..just one mintue sir )
and save over $100 amonth...

Fu comcast

I'm with you............I want to try hulu netflix and amazon but I have DSL also...........is it worth it?

xdude
12-11-2014, 11:38 AM
get one and test it...
if you log into the router and you have at least 3 MB connection..you should be good...
Amazon requires 3 MB.. hulu is 1.5
and for some strange reason CBS is online only.. so you have to hook a pc to the tv..
I actually watch through my blu ray/dvd player

Ironguruera
12-11-2014, 12:18 PM
We got rid of cable. We have roku and Apple TV with $8 a month netflix

xdude
12-11-2014, 12:38 PM
the only thing I will miss is the red sox,... NESN is only availble through cable.. and MLB rules are a joke

Vicious 13
12-11-2014, 12:52 PM
There is a box I have called a stream smart box. I can watch anything literally anything. PPV. For free movies new releases still in theaters everything. It steams from the internet its like legal piracy. The box was like 3 something but has already paid for it's self in UFC fights. Go to myfreecabletv.com and check it out. I can get some discounts if anyone is interested and I like u 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicious 13
12-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Xmbc is what it uses if anyone is familiar

Vicious 13
12-11-2014, 12:53 PM
Direct tv was cancelled and this box is way better than any
G box or Apple TV or anything like that

xdude
12-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Vish.... how does that thing work ?
you are streaming a pirate signal?

Vicious 13
12-11-2014, 01:50 PM
You are streaming from over seas. Find a server u like select and let it play 2728watching the old Rudolph w my boy 2729that little thing is the stream smart box

Vicious 13
12-11-2014, 01:52 PM
It's basically just a little android box that runs the xmbc program. Only this one is faster and capable of much more than any I've seen and built a lot stronger. I have a dual processor box now there is a quad that's like 50 bucks more check out that website hit me up if u are considering

Slayer
12-11-2014, 02:11 PM
I went to the website. WOW,a little overwelming! A lot of info to take in. I am tired of paying Dish $85.00 a month and I do not have any Premium channels like HBO! Can this box pickup those?

xdude
12-11-2014, 02:37 PM
wow there are a bunch musclehead techno geeks here .....LOL
xbmc was a open source project to figure out what to do with a old orginal xbox's ..
didn;t realize they rigged somethin up for streaming... it was orginally for story your movies off dvd's

how do you find find something that you want watch?
how do you find a server?

Vicious 13
12-11-2014, 03:18 PM
I went to the website. WOW,a little overwelming! A lot of info to take in. I am tired of paying Dish $85.00 a month and I do not have any Premium channels like HBO! Can this box pickup those?

It will pick up any show on any channel. It's not live it's a stream

Vicious 13
12-11-2014, 03:19 PM
wow there are a bunch musclehead techno geeks here .....LOL
xbmc was a open source project to figure out what to do with a old orginal xbox's ..
didn;t realize they rigged somethin up for streaming... it was orginally for story your movies off dvd's

how do you find find something that you want watch?
how do you find a server?

There's apps. So example I'll click go movies open search and search anything u want to watch. There's some vids on riverdaves place if u want I'll throw up some links

Vicious 13
12-11-2014, 03:22 PM
http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?124420-Magic-Cable-Box-just-got-a-bunch-of-updates-upgrades&p=1917844#post1917844

Encino_Mang
12-11-2014, 08:45 PM
http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?124420-Magic-Cable-Box-just-got-a-bunch-of-updates-upgrades&p=1917844#post1917844

Sweet linkage.....thanks!