PDA

View Full Version : Fucking hate computers sometimes!!!

MuscleAddiction
02-26-2014, 11:07 AM
Well my laptop that my little girl and I share (well she uses it more than I do for Mind Craft) won't boot up, just a black screen with a blinking line up in left hand corner...so hopefully photos and important documents will be able to be extracted from the hard drive, but just another fucking expense I can't afford at moment...lame!!! Just venting thanks!!!

Big Hoss
02-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Well my laptop that my little girl and I share (well she uses it more than I do for Mind Craft) won't boot up, just a black screen with a blinking line up in left hand corner...so hopefully photos and important documents will be able to be extracted from the hard drive, but just another fucking expense I can't afford at moment...lame!!! Just venting thanks!!!

I know how you feel bro, been there done that!

Ironguruera
02-26-2014, 03:15 PM
This is what computers make me do lol
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/27/u5e2e4a8.jpg

Big Hoss
02-26-2014, 03:56 PM
LOL!

zedhed
02-28-2014, 01:33 AM
I feel you bro. I maintain my wives PC....sometimes its a real drag...

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

MuscleAddiction
02-28-2014, 01:34 AM
I feel you bro. I maintain my wives PC....sometimes its a real drag...

It is at the shop...possible mother board issue, just as long as I can get my documents off the hard drive I will be happy.

Ironguruera
02-28-2014, 12:16 PM
It is at the shop...possible mother board issue, just as long as I can get my documents off the hard drive I will be happy.

U can usually get shit off the harddrive. Get an harddrive enclosure and use it like a external drive to recover date if need be.

Motherboard is not a bad job. Just dusty and dirty lol.

SlevinsBrother
03-25-2014, 09:39 PM
If you still need this fixed, free, I got you. I'm a 10+ year IT director; I'll get it fixed.

zedhed
03-27-2014, 10:53 PM
Dam nice offer bro. YOU, SIR ROCK!!

MuscleAddiction
03-27-2014, 11:11 PM
If you still need this fixed, free, I got you. I'm a 10+ year IT director; I'll get it fixed.

Thank you SlevinsBrother really do appreciate it!!!

ordawg1
03-28-2014, 09:58 PM
He wants all your hot pictures !! lol-jk-OD

MuscleAddiction
03-28-2014, 10:44 PM

I know...I need to get them off the hard drive, lots of very sentimental pics of Nikki and I, and my little one too :(...sucks!!!

Ironguruera
03-29-2014, 12:59 AM

Lol great minds think alike!

Big Hoss
03-29-2014, 03:57 PM
I tell ya what irritates me... when my high-speed connection goes down and come to find out, the tech disconnected the wrong cable at the box. Spent a full day explaining it to tech support and then waiting for that "2-hour window" for a new tech to come and hook it back up. I think I'm going to have someone's job over this one. Rant out! :mad:

Ironguruera
03-29-2014, 04:25 PM
I tell ya what irritates me... when my high-speed connection goes down and come to find out, the tech disconnected the wrong cable at the box. Spent a full day explaining it to tech support and then waiting for that "2-hour window" for a new tech to come and hook it back up. I think I'm going to have someone's job over this one. Rant out! :mad:

Lol I feel your pain. I wanted Internet hooked up at my sisters. They sent one guy who only installs a line in the wall from Inside to outside. I was like u don't hook it to the box?? Nope that's another guy. The next guy comes and is like where it the ditch to run the line?? U have to call in a ditch order....next guys come out supposed to be said ditch digger. He says huh?? I just run the line!
My sisters ex bf had a spool of line. Took us 10 minutes. Just burried it under the landscaping rock.

Useless fucktards!

SlevinsBrother
03-31-2014, 10:44 PM
Lol great minds think alike!

Lol. If MA needs any help, or anyone else, with IT crap, I'm available. It's the least I can do.

But MA they are right, recovering your drive basically means copying all your data off it to a USB key for you or another drive, and that's definitely not something you want just anyone meddling through I would assume.

MuscleAddiction
04-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Lol. If MA needs any help, or anyone else, with IT crap, I'm available. It's the least I can do.

But MA they are right, recovering your drive basically means copying all your data off it to a USB key for you or another drive, and that's definitely not something you want just anyone meddling through I would assume.

True...and as many can attest, my trust runs thin to none unless has been tried, tested, and true.

SlevinsBrother
04-01-2014, 03:11 PM
True...and as many can attest, my trust runs thin to none unless has been tried, tested, and true.

After recent (last 2 years) happenings in my life, mainly in business/politics, I have to say I'm 100% the same way.

zedhed
04-10-2014, 06:34 PM
In the police state that we now find ourselves living in you just cannot be too safety conscious IMO!

zedhed
04-10-2014, 06:36 PM
I know...I need to get them off the hard drive, lots of very sentimental pics of Nikki and I, and my little one too :(...sucks!!!

You could try putting that drive in the freezer for a few hours bro. I have had success with that and recovering data for some CNC machines when I was employed.
When you take it out of the freezer you have to be quick in getting it hooked up and downloaded tho.

MuscleAddiction
04-10-2014, 10:19 PM
You could try putting that drive in the freezer for a few hours bro. I have had success with that and recovering data for some CNC machines when I was employed.
When you take it out of the freezer you have to be quick in getting it hooked up and downloaded tho.

So take the hard drive out of the laptop, put in the freezer, pull out and immediately put back in laptop and try booting it up?

Laos_champion
06-27-2014, 10:41 AM
I'm still kind of a newbie to MC but work in IT as well so if anyone has questions related to computers, I'd be willing to help.

xdude
06-27-2014, 09:37 PM
So take the hard drive out of the laptop, put in the freezer, pull out and immediately put back in laptop and try booting it up?

I heard of that and also putting in the oven..

Ironguruera
06-27-2014, 10:08 PM
I just smash the shit out of them when they piss me off lol. Makes u feel so much better! I promised my wife I won't throw the iMac down the stairs so I haven't used it in ages to avoid breaking my promise lol.

xdude
06-28-2014, 12:45 PM
I just smash the shit out of them when they piss me off lol. Makes u feel so much better! I promised my wife I won't throw the iMac down the stairs so I haven't used it in ages to avoid breaking my promise lol.

with laptops.. that is probably a good plan... they never can be fixed...and taking them a part ...there is no gaurentee you will get them back together right..

I replaced a screen once on a laptop.. worked for a while ,but eventually the loose connection I cause cause early failure
a laptop is what $400 these days ... just replace it..., but the trick is getting your data off!!!

xdude
07-09-2014, 10:09 PM
today I replaced the battery on the laptop... when I said it was going bad a freind recommended ebay for a refurb. I looked and found mine , however they had 3 versions ...6, 9 and 12 cell... and the cost was 20 ,25 and 27 including p&S f'it ..might as well get the big one.. got tthe 12 cell and charged it .. I can now go 9 hours
compared to not being able to unplug it , this rocks .. this is about the limit of how much I would fix a laptop these days anything else is an indication it is time for a new one