PDA

View Full Version : Do background checks (for work) include social media?

My dick in a box
04-04-2014, 05:43 AM
Or more specifically message boards?

baby1
04-04-2014, 06:22 AM
I would bet many companies do look into this but not sure about message boards. they will most likely do a name search and probably wouldnt find you on message boards cause you have a specific username.

Ironguruera
04-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Don't be so paranoid. None of us are that big of a deal lol. Baby nailed it. Our names aren't attached to our username except to big dogs!
If someone is doing that much research on u.....u have bigger fish to fry!

Vicious 13
04-04-2014, 03:06 PM
I'd b more worried w facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicious 13
04-04-2014, 03:07 PM
If your Facebook is linked to tap talk then b worried

itsdanr
04-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Yeah, face book is the devil.

Don't use your work computers for anything you don't want them to see.

xdude
04-04-2014, 05:07 PM
a couple of things..
1) face book is evil , they are monitoring everything, by the way google keeps records of every search you ever did ..
2) I have hear of companies asking for you face book password in interviews to look private stuff
3) they will review face book pages before you get an interview
4) 85% of the S&P 500 companies admit to monitor email, and the other 15% wouldn't comment

privacy is gone IMHO

Vicious 13
04-04-2014, 05:32 PM
My cousin is a high school teacher he recently got in a lot of trouble because if his Facebook employers are not dumb

MuscleAddiction
04-04-2014, 06:02 PM
I am and have always been against Facebook and what it stands for...my wife does have one but rarely ever posts on it, mostly friends just post on it. My oldest daughter has screwed herself for any jobs in the future due to what she had posted on it in the past...it really is a social trap!!!

Ironguruera
04-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Just don't be an idiot. The old saying never write down something u don't want the world to read.....assume if u post on FB the world reads it!

I just use it to repost funny shit and see what friends are up to. Keep it simple stupid !

TheChosen1
04-06-2014, 04:00 AM
Plain, simple, and common sense.

Don't worry.....Nothing that you say on the boards can incriminate you or jepardize your job. Most of the boards are private and/or uses international servers. So the only way your employer can review your board activity, you would have to provide them access to it.

FACEBOOK: Let me correct those who feel that it is evil. Facebook is only a social network, like Google and MySpace. It's not evil, what is posted there can be deemed evil. By right, you don't have any reason to turn over your password to an employer for them to see your Facebook account. However since it seems to be so popular, I would be careful what you say or do on it. At least 90% of my job is on Facebook. Coworkers, supervisors, former coworkers, etc. Most of my closest coworkers are on my page but I won't include those whom I don't associate with or who I feel don't really need to be part of my Facebook page. That being said, I would never do something as stupid as post a pic of me and my family in Vegas when I know that I called in sick.

One evening, myself and a mechanic came up with a crazy idea. I stood under a jacked up bus and posed as if I was holding it up like Atlas. Using my phone, he took a picture of it and it looks as if I was really holding the bus on my shoulders. My body covered the actual hydrolic jack so nothing behind me can be seen. I showed it around and we all got a good laugh. The first thing my supervisor said to me was to NOT POST THAT ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE. He didn't have to convince me since I already knew not to.

SlevinsBrother
04-06-2014, 05:35 AM
No, but if you need a clean background or want some verifiable work history or whatever PM me.

Sent from an app I developed just for MC, releasing soon. Free in an iTunes near you; tapatalk isn't secure.

Layddually2
04-06-2014, 11:42 AM
Sorry I want no part of the federalbook.

Big Hoss
04-06-2014, 04:07 PM
The wife and I don't do the whole social media thing just for that very reason. We value our privacy and identity.

Big Hoss
04-06-2014, 05:02 PM
I guess you could say that Facebook is evil by the simple fact that Mark Zuckerberg; Jewish by birth, is an atheist.

My dick in a box
04-09-2014, 01:58 AM
Maaan I always forget about the threads I post in this section!

Sorry guys and thank you for all your replies! A lot of it make sense and yea I guess I'm being a little paranoid. I just really want to cover my bases.

I never really posted much crap on FB, but I deleted anything I thought would be remotely questionable. I hope that helps. It's mostly about my past ex coworker being a POS and wish she'd fall over and hurt herself but still had to work.

Ironguruera
04-09-2014, 11:19 PM
Ohh now I get it! Fuck why didn't u say nutjob woman worries lol??
Hit her with a 3cc insulin neck dart. Problem solved. See how easy that was lol?

Encino_Mang
04-09-2014, 11:54 PM
Hit her with a 3cc insulin neck dart. Problem solved.

Lol......dude you're crazy :)