PDA

View Full Version : Pissed off need to vent....

Ironguruera
05-07-2014, 08:04 PM
Been with my work 15 yrs this month matter of fact. I knew pay cuts were coming as I'm assistant manager and my boss gave me a head up. We got our "pay restructure" yesterday.

I didn't have time to look up my current pay scale until today.

Basically I'm getting cut $800-$900 a month but if we work our balls off and magically hit 170k a month gross income then my pay cut is only $500 a month.

I was in disbelief my boss had the balls to serve it up to me like ohh it's not that bad of a pay cut if we hit 160k +. We are averaging 145k so those numbers are a fucking pipe dream.

To top shit off my best counter sales guy left to join the army reserves. My boss hired this fucking idiot kid to temp his position for 6 months. I have to hold this fucking retarded kids hand for every damn thing. I usually get so frustrated I just have him grab parts for orders and leave us the important shit.

They now expect us to literally call every sales call back and ask them why they didn't buy the parts. I then have to document why we lost the sale. We are graded on this as well as all out phone calls are recorded and graded as well.

They want us to work more and more and keep cutting our pay.

The knife in the back was at the bottom of the new pay plans it literally says." We have the right to fire u at any time. This contract does not guarantee employment in any way."

Corporate America has ruined this country!

I know some ppl are still out of work and I should be happy to have work.

Just tired of fucking going backwards pay wise literally every yr.

I already started looking for a new job. Nothing out there just yet.

I think it's time to somehow go back to school. No clue how I will afford it or when I have time to go.

Maybe I should start an UGL and make some real money and do something I actually enjoy and ppl enjoy what I do!

Rant over. Thanks for listening!

On a happy note my lunch stop re opened. She tracked me down at work an called me to say so. I went there Ed for months and months. At least I have steak and rice for lunch again.....

Vicious 13
05-07-2014, 08:29 PM
That's y everyone should join a union... I think the ugl is a great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironguruera
05-07-2014, 08:37 PM
That's y everyone should join a union... I think the ugl is a great idea

My wife said she is on board for anything I wanna do to make money. I don't think she realizes the risks involved. Not to mention is a temp thing. Can't do that forever!!

My buddy is a stripper and she said I can do that too lol. Stripping is slow as hell or I would lol.

I'm also looking into going back to school For a nutrition degree or radiology.

I'd love to make enough for my wife to stay at home with our children but it's hard to pull that off these days!

NTL
05-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Unions had their place and time but not everyone needs them.Im employed in a non union job and we make in the 80-130 thousand range and don't need a union.

Ironguruera
05-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Unions had their place and time but not everyone needs them.Im employed in a non union job and we make in the 80-130 thousand range and don't need a union.

Geez that would be a dream to be making $100k+.....

Luckily I paid my car off last yr or we would be in trouble.

xdude
05-07-2014, 09:49 PM

I believe firmly unions will have their day again... let us face facts .. rich people don't stop until they have all the money. Seriously if you had a billion dollars , that is enough for money for your great grand children to not want anything. yet it is not enough for them.
every day employers are screwing over employees more and more .the invasion of companies is amazing

check out this stuff , under the cover or conservative think tank...stripping away Labor laws ( I wonder how many republicans knew they were supporting cuts in their over time pay .)
http://www.alecexposed.org/wiki/ALEC_Exposed

there will be a point where they will say stop and form the unions again... it will be far trickier though as information technology, psychological profiles and what ever will be used to weed out the ones that would organise. it is already used it profile people that put up with out raises , as an excuse for team players etc.

my company has not had raises in years and makes record profits.. I say anything and they threaten to send my job to india.. or chile or brazil

Ironguruera
05-07-2014, 09:50 PM
I forgot to mention I threw a chair and told my shop foreman the reason we ran out of supplies is the new vendor is an idiot and I don't have have time to do his job and fill his products online. If he wants my business he can come check my inventory and fill his fucking products. If not he could go fuck himself. That sure cleared the room out real fast lol. Think a few guys thought I was going to really lose it lol. I apologized to the shop foreman and explained I want mad at him. He understood my beef as they have done the same to him.

I'm just cruising too.....I'm just at my wits end.

MuscleAddiction
05-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Well here you go Iggy...I have worked in local government (Public Works) for over 23+ years, since I was 19. Worked my way up the ranks from a maintenance worker to construction inspector to project manager and then to Administrative Supervisor/Project Manager. I am certified in Wastewater, potable water, management, Emergency Disaster Preparedness, OSHA safety, the list goes on and on. Yes at one time making $128k a year with overtime which was mostly carrying a pager and responding to after hour emergency calls such as water main breaks, sewer overflows, resident complaints and emergencies...anything that came up. Basically between a few of us we were running operations for Public Works for many years...my forte...like the back of my hand, all second nature to me. The town I worked for is where I was raised for most of my life, grandparents lived there all my life until they passed away, would go fishing as a kid up at the two lakes there...it was my home!!!

Then new management came in...and after all those years me and a very close brother of mine who we went to high school together and ended up both working where we did for 23+ years got laid off!!! No reason except they were restructuring the department and were eliminating our positions...and we were union!!! Problem was there was some critical contract language missing from our contract and the union could do NOTHING for us...yes they were Teamsters too!!! So this was last year in June and I was unemployed.

17 days later I landed a job at another city...was close to home, thought it was a good fit...then they let me go during my probation (yes 23 years of this type of work at my age and on probation lol) saying I wasn't a good fit for them. Well my crew who I was supervising will tell you different, but management there I guess I rubbed the wrong way...I will say this place was an accident waiting to happen with their lack of safety and cowboy mentality when doing jobs...but they just wanted a "yes man" to just shut up and do what they said with no comment...sorry that is not me, so here I am unemployed once again!!!

Man you opened a can of worms lol...so God works in mysterious ways, his path for me is just that and I have to have faith that it is the right road. I am currently taking my final exam for my nutrition certification, next will be PT certification, and moving closer to doing something I will enjoy doing for the rest of my life...helping people in this lifestyle of ours. At this point with the backing of Nikki 100% she feels I should not be working for the man, she says I am too good for these places, my ethics and morals are higher than what they promote but do not follow, and it should be about happiness...not money!!! So here I am at the moment, over qualified for most positions open out there, unemployed, having to pull out my retirement from the state retirement system to roll into an IRA that I can draw from to live and cover what unemployment doesn't cover, I have applied for food stamps, have NO health insurance for the first time in my life for my family, and yeah...but we are happy, and you will probably be asking how??? Things will all work out I believe, and with the love and encouragement from Nikki, my little girl, and the family I have that cares enough to even check in to see how I am doing...which is NEVER...well besides my mother-in-law who was just diagnosed with breast cancer (yes Nikki mom) and goes into surgery on the 14th of this month and then radiation, she has been an angel and helps us as much as she can when we are in a bind financially, *sigh* anyway lol, here we are...10 weeks out from Nikki's first figure competition that I now have 100% of my time and effort to devote to, being an at home dad riding bikes to school with my little girl in the morning and home in the afternoons, spending all our time together at home, beach, around town with friends and such, scraping up change for food at times, oh and gas too lol...so I guess what I am trying to say after my rant Iggy...things can be worse for you bro but you are on the right track as far as your thoughts on doing something you enjoy for a living...like the old saying goes..."do what you love and the money will follow"...now I am not looking to be rich, that is not what we are here for IMO, we are here to help others who are in need of help, to live a simple life, to be someone we can love and understand, to be the best father, husband, friend, coach, mentor, person we can be...and practice love and tolerance for others, even that kid that irritates you behind the counter at your work, or the boss that just gave you the great news of your paycut. Remember everyone is doing the best they can!!!

Much love and respect to you my brother and the rest of my family here...I truly do come on here daily to read, listen, lean on, and find positive JuJu to keep me going one day at a time...oh yeah I get down, worried, and scared for what I don't know or have control over...but with the love of my girls things are ok!!!

Ok...my rant is done and sorry for hijacking your thread, and no unions are not the answer anymore...last two positions I held the union could not do anything for me the save my job.

zedhed
05-07-2014, 10:30 PM
I know your pain brothers. Crazy as it sounds my story is the mirror image of MAs. I very honestly wish that I could kept TGC open forever. That was the only job that I really loved and miss.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk 2

Encino_Mang
05-07-2014, 10:30 PM
That's a hell of a cut they expect you to take, how the fuck do they think people can make ends meet with pay cuts like that.

MuscleAddiction
05-07-2014, 10:38 PM
That's a hell of a cut they expect you to take, how the fuck do they think people can make ends meet with pay cuts like that.

THEY DON'T CARE!!! It isn't about you or taking care of the employees anymore...between outsourcing, privatization, and health insurance costs skyrocketing...oh and our fucking incompetent government and congress...it is about the rich staying rich, the demise of the middle class, and the poor barely surviving and well I will just stop there...it sucks!!!

Ironguruera
05-07-2014, 11:11 PM
THEY DON'T CARE!!! It isn't about you or taking care of the employees anymore...between outsourcing, privatization, and health insurance costs skyrocketing...oh and our fucking incompetent government and congress...it is about the rich staying rich, the demise of the middle class, and the poor barely surviving and well I will just stop there...it sucks!!!

This exactly!!!

Wow what a day!! I called my wife asking if she wanted me to pick up food from steak and rice place as they have re-opened.
Couldn't find the place made like 5 u turns. Fucking place closed at 6pm but website said 8......ok fine. Called wife with plan B. Called my order in on the way. Was ready to go when I got there.
On way home some asshole turns from a driving lane vs pulling off into shoulder. I drive past and he flips his brights on as to suggest I had mine on.

Fucking LOST it!!! My car has xenon lights aka HID. Yes they are bright but they are stock!! I slam on my brakes and wait for him and go apeshit telling him his pile of shit car has halogens and to get a real fucking car and called him every name that came to mind. He got scared and curbed his wheels against the curb as he drove. I was praying he got out of his car at the stop sign. Man would he have fucked with the wrong guy.

I let him know again how I felt about him at the stop sign.

My wife could tell I was out of sorts when I got home. I told her I need to smoke myself retarded and I need a while by myself.

I feel like such a fucking failure. I don't have it in me to tell her about the pay cuts and that I can barely provide for my family. I prob just bought one of the last dinners I'll be able to afford to buy us.

Goodnight my brothers and sisters.

Iron guru about to get drunk and fucked up.

SlevinsBrother
05-07-2014, 11:31 PM
I don't get to see my son while he's awake and am working 82 hours a week right now (last week) not counting the drive time. I have an infected eye lid right now and can only see out of my right eye. I get four hours off sleep tonight and then have to work another 20 hours straight with one hour in the middle to drive and change clothes. It sucks; but if you need more money you can get it.

Sent from an app I developed just for MC, releasing soon. Free in an iTunes near you; tapatalk isn't secure.

SlevinsBrother
05-07-2014, 11:34 PM
You just have to sacrifice things that matter to you and take chances with your health. And basically have an empty feeling all the time about not seeing your family.

Sent from an app I developed just for MC, releasing soon. Free in an iTunes near you; tapatalk isn't secure.

Ironguruera
05-07-2014, 11:55 PM
You just have to sacrifice things that matter to you and take chances with your health. And basically have an empty feeling all the time about not seeing your family.

I hear ya brother.

Today the only thing that brought me joy is as I sat in the garage smoking myself into a coma I heard laughter. The laughter of precious children. It dawned on me they were awake.
You see normally my children our asleep by the time I get off work.
I quickly went inside to find my wife tickling them both to hysterics.
I watched and smiled and was reminded why I put up with bullshit at my work. It's for them not for me. I want them to have a good life and have the things I didn't as a kid. I've literally been working since I was probably 8 yrs old. I don't want that for them.

Anyways It made me smile.

MuscleAddiction
05-07-2014, 11:59 PM
I don't get to see my son while he's awake and am working 82 hours a week right now (last week) not counting the drive time. I have an infected eye lid right now and can only see out of my right eye. I get four hours off sleep tonight and then have to work another 20 hours straight with one hour in the middle to drive and change clothes. It sucks; but if you need more money you can get it.

This is how it shouldn't be!!! Sacrifice family, love, and happiness for money??? Not how I see life to be or at least I will choose the latter.

Ironguruera
05-08-2014, 12:06 AM
This is how it shouldn't be!!! Sacrifice family, love, and happiness for money??? Not how I see life to be or at least I will choose the latter.

I agree it shouldn't be this way MA! My wife and I are working toward a simpler way of life. We basically want a quiet little farm. All I need to be happy is a roof over our heads and quality healthy food to eat. Well besides a gym of course! I want to spend the day with my family. Not away from it.

MuscleAddiction
05-08-2014, 12:39 AM
I agree it shouldn't be this way MA! My wife and I are working toward a simpler way of life. We basically want a quiet little farm. All I need to be happy is a roof over our heads and quality healthy food to eat. Well besides a gym of course! I want to spend the day with my family. Not away from it.

So don't loose sight of this ^^^ don't let money make you feel any less of a man, don't let it blind you to what is important. Nikki and I are doing the same bro, so don't get on any pity pot downer, go running to hide your feelings in smoke, embrace the love and power of your girls and what they mean to you and have faith...bro my first pay cut when I got laid off from my one job of 23 years was $50k a year!!! Now I just took another pay cut to unemployment...the only thing that will keep us going financially is unemployment and my retirement pension to draw from to live. We filed for bankruptcy, our quality of life was being controlled by money for too long. I am seeing things so different now, a bit clearer on things and my beliefs on society, humanity, and even spirituality/religion...but what I am working on now is love and tolerance, faith...always tested, need to eliminate fear, not to worry or stress, and to shut my brain up...meditation.

Life's challenges which build who you are and what you become...that is the only control you really have in life.

Love ya brother...hit me up anytime to talk, we are from the same mold ;)

Ironguruera
05-08-2014, 12:56 AM
So don't loose sight of this ^^^ don't let money make you feel any less of a man, don't let it blind you to what is important. Nikki and I are doing the same bro, so don't get on any pity pot downer, go running to hide your feelings in smoke, embrace the love and power of your girls and what they mean to you and have faith...bro my first pay cut when I got laid off from my one job of 23 years was $50k a year!!! Now I just took another pay cut to unemployment...the only thing that will keep us going financially is unemployment and my retirement pension to draw from to live. We filed for bankruptcy, our quality of life was being controlled by money for too long. I am seeing things so different now, a bit clearer on things and my beliefs on society, humanity, and even spirituality/religion...but what I am working on now is love and tolerance, faith...always tested, need to eliminate fear, not to worry or stress, and to shut my brain up...meditation.

Life's challenges which build who you are and what you become...that is the only control you really have in life.

Love ya brother...hit me up anytime to talk, we are from the same mold ;)

You are right bro. I just needed to unwind and vent badly. Just very frustrated with the way things are.
It's just driving that point across its time for a change. My career has served me for many many yrs. it's time for a change!!

Seeing my girls laugh as they did and interact with each other even as young as they are was a beautiful thing to watch. Being a father is like nothing else! The message of the day was that I feel and that's what I should focus on. Not the negative bullshit from work.

MuscleAddiction
05-08-2014, 12:59 AM
You are right bro. I just needed to unwind and vent badly. Just very frustrated with the way things are.
It's just driving that point across its time for a change. My career has served me for many many yrs. it's time for a change!!

Seeing my girls laugh as they did and interact with each other even as young as they are was a beautiful thing to watch. Being a father is like nothing else! The message of the day was that I feel and that's what I should focus on. Not the negative bullshit from work.

Beautifully stated!!!

MuscleAddiction
05-08-2014, 02:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc

Listen...

SlevinsBrother
05-08-2014, 07:34 AM
We're all hard workers. That's the point. But Iwe could all make more if we had to; And I'm saying it's your call whether it's worth it. In my case, I would rather be on a contest prep diet of baked chicken and veggies for years than miss my son growing up. But I'm working to stay a free man. It's temporary.

Layddually2
05-08-2014, 07:36 AM
UGL on the side till you make enough money to open a legit business? That was my plan to get me out of where I am but I'm so busy I have no extra time. I owe $40k to IRS.

Vicious 13
05-08-2014, 07:44 AM
It's a fine balance.... Yes I would hate to work so much that I never see my kids... On the same note I would hate for them to see me go through bankruptcy... I'll do whatever I can to provide for my family... Remember I was going to go to Iowa for 6 months.... My job and making money saves my life... If I'm not working I'm getting into trouble.... I'm sure my son would much rather have a dad he sees on the weekends that gives him everything he could want rather then a dad in jail.... My wife for example hates that she has to leave her son for 10 hours to go work... But she loves that we can afford disneyland passes we can afford a nice new boat to take him on lake trips and build memories... We love that I bought him a dirtbike before he can even walk we love that we can afford sports or anything he ever wants to do... We can afford the private Christian school around the corner... I understand that money isn't EVERYTHING but in this day in age sadly it plays a huge huge role... To me my job as a parent my responsibility is to do the best I can and provide what I can... Now that doesn't mean i turn my son into a spoiled brat no not at all... That's were more parenting comes in and I teach him a work ethic and show him nothing is free... U better believe by the time he is 8 he'll b coming to side jobs w me so he can see how dad buys these nice things... And I hope this post doesn't come off as snobby because I get laid off too... Matter of fact I'm laid off
Right now on my pfl... This is when i go and try and bomb out every side job I can find and actually make more than if I was just working.... It's all a mentality like slevin said of I want to make the money there is ways... Them I find ur balance how much am i willing to give up and what am i willing to do... Everyone's answers will be different .... Some guys wouldn't wake up at 2 every morning drive an hour or 2 and hang drywall... That's what I know provides though son that's what i do.... When I was a kid did I ever say hey I want to b a drywaller one day.. Fuck no but that's a sacrifice I made for my wife so i could give her the world and now I keep doing it to give my son the world... Times are not going to get any easier eventually both parents will have to work all day... The rich get richer and the middle class get fucked and pay for it... Gotta love republican USA

Layddually2
05-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Lol republican USA. You still haven't figured out that rep and dem is same shit. It's us vs them Vic. You think the dems aren't taking money under the table from lobbyist to pass laws that fuck you over?

On topic though I do agree with Vic in a way. Shit I dropped out of school my first month of 9th grade to build barns for local ranchers to help support my grandparents. Now I work 12+ hrs a day to support my family I Could work less and have my wife go back to work but I want her to be with kids while they are little. The only time I get to take a decent break is when a major holiday falls on Friday or Monday.

Vicious 13
05-08-2014, 09:36 AM
It's shitty not the ideal life style for sure but it's almost what we have to do.., and I agree it is us vs them but dems aren't constantly trying to lower the tax for the rich( trickle down economics/reganomics) they aren't against raising the minimum wage. They aren't against unions. They aren't against equal pay for men and woman.., they aren't against those who aren't working not getting decent health care same w the old and vets.., they aren't pro war go make dick Cheney richer than already and cause a recession at home... How quickly people forget why we have weekends and 40 hour work weeks(union) why is there disability or unemployment benefits (unions)... If they didn't have a place police firefighters and teachers wouldn't all b union jobs... Postal workers correctional officers all union jobs... Then these very same idiots go and vote republican against the union lol that's my rant

Vicious 13
05-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Go spend billions in another country BILLIONS but take away Sally single mothers food stamps and welfare... U guys have no idea how much that pisses me off... Oh that server gets tips all she needs for her family is minimum wage ugh that fucking grinds my gears... And as much as u all hate obamacare I know single moms personally who can now get healthcare for their kids pre existing conditions or not... So my price might go up a couple bucks boo fucking hoo if that's what it takes so millions can even afford ANY healthcare than ok I can sacrifice a couple of my bucks to help another family... Ok sorry back on topic I just had to let that one come

Layddually2
05-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Go spend billions in another country BILLIONS but take away Sally single mothers food stamps and welfare... U guys have no idea how much that pisses me off... Oh that server gets tips all she needs for her family is minimum wage ugh that fucking grinds my gears... And as much as u all hate obamacare I know single moms personally who can now get healthcare for their kids pre existing conditions or not... So my price might go up a couple bucks boo fucking hoo if that's what it takes so millions can even afford ANY healthcare than ok I can sacrifice a couple of my bucks to help another family... Ok sorry back on topic I just had to let that one come

I guess you haven't seen the new bill the dems are trying to pass that takes away help for the poor?

Vicious 13
05-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Haven't seen it which bill

Layddually2
05-08-2014, 10:39 AM
I will have to find it. About 2 weeks ago I saw a debate on local news about it. The dem said they wanted to cut billions from food stamps, and 3 other low income assistance the rep said instead let tax the rich more. LOL I know I was surprised the rep said that.

Vicious 13
05-08-2014, 11:31 AM
I'd have to see that lol

Layddually2
05-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Yea it made me scratch my head. I think what they did was find dem and rep that went against the grain. The farm bill was voted on by almost half of the dems but a majority of rep and it cuts 2.2 billion from food stamps.

mj_0360
05-08-2014, 12:44 PM
I'll rep for you open the ugl bro.

I left my good corporate manager job to spend more time w my family, I might not have as much money but I have a life! I liked the title and respect but I sire like sitting on my couch right now too.

Layddually2
05-08-2014, 01:16 PM
UGL. But not one person on this forum needs to know its you. A wise man told me a good source is a ghost.

Vicious 13
05-08-2014, 01:58 PM
The bests sources r ghosts 😝

Ironguruera
05-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Feeling better today guys.
My cuntasaurusrex for a boss was on ultra annoying mode today. I wanted to punch her in the Fallopian tubes.

I went to that place I tried to grab dinner last night. It was worth the drive. I have an idea for a food shop I wanna open and he answered a ton of questions I had about opening up a place as he has done it a few times now