PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I hate being dad...

chesty
08-12-2014, 01:33 AM
After struggling with decision to transfer across the country and deciding yes, we go out on the company dime to house hunt, find place and while we are there, we get a call from the police that they arrested my 12 year old step daughter for trying to break into cars. we left her and ber sister with my 23 year old son and she slipped out after he went to bed.

So i had to come back tell my manager i cant leave. he aint happy, but i got a job altbough it isnt my old one as they already gave it away. so i push transfer off to next year. if i stay here i could end up owing thousands to the company which forces me to go, if they do write it off, i can stay but i gotta find a new job or they will give me a shitty one.

i look like a total idiot to my current manager and to the one who hired me for the transfer. basically my two kids have fucked over my career. i have a job but no one will do anhthing for me to further it anymore. Now im having to stay put waiting for their court dates. i get to pay lawyers etc while they dont even get a slap on the wrist.

On top of that people at work are like its not the kids fault its gour fault.

i want a small office no windows where i go sit in and work every day, not interact with anyone or so little they wont even know im alive. I have some shitty karma. Trued to help these kids and they intentionally fucked me in the ass.

Ok, thats my drama rant for the month.

Vicious 13
08-12-2014, 01:40 AM
Id transfer and try and deal w the legal shit out of state. Probably be pushed back a while and will require appearance later down the road. I don't know how all that works for minors though. What are your wife's w all of this. Maybe leave them behind till it's handled and move them later. I'm sure u guys have already gone over all this just sucks that's a bad situation

MuscleAddiction
08-12-2014, 04:24 AM
Damn...AGAIN??? I have no clue what to tell you Chesty, that is just insane. Your daughter has a fetish with breaking and entering vehicles, obviously has something going on inside emotionally that needs attention, or shocked out of her...I don't know but I do know that I went through some very challenging times with my oldest and it took her moving out 6 months after she turned 18 to bring some distance between each other so I wouldn't have to see the destruction she was causing hands on, just heard or learned about it from others family & friends. I am so surprised she is not in jail, even a judge was wondering how she wasn't when she went to court one day for warrants...but God has his path for her, for us, and as crazy as it seems or is going, there is a reason...just keep hanging on and working through this with your family, all you can really do bro.

chesty
08-12-2014, 08:57 AM
yeah again. it sucks. i have been there for them when every man i know woukd have said im fucking outta here years ago. i feel for my wife cause she already lost her 2 sons to stupid shit. ive tried everything from nice to ignore etc, but you just get taken advantage of so you stop trying. that is where i am at. i am responsible legally till they are 18, other than that, i just dont want to be around them im tired of watching them manipulate mom and treat her like crap and then blame me for it.

at least i have my job.

Ironguruera
08-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Man that's shitty chesty! Sorry to hear about all this I am.
Some teens just do this shit. They think it's cool, risky, dangerous, exciting. It's cool to do bad shit sort of thing. They haven't had to work and provide for themselves. Once u do u would never jack with someone else's car. U know how hard u have worked for yours.
It just takes time for them
To realize its no way to live. It's tough cause the system has not been tough on them! Why is that. In this next court hearing can't u urge the judge to punish her harder?
I feel her lack of punishment makes it seem
Like it's no big deal. If she got locked up or a while it at least makes em realize that will be their life if they keep it up!

U have tried counselors etc I'm sure?

Encino_Mang
08-12-2014, 06:36 PM
I think I'd do what Vic said (if possible) and just try to deal with it out of state.

chesty
08-13-2014, 12:29 AM
Too expensive to deal with out of state. We asked if they would lock em up for a while. They said can't but they used too. So we pay, they play.

Vicious 13
08-13-2014, 07:42 AM
What do u mean too expensive? Lawyers and all that will cost the same. U might have to fly back to appear once or twice but I would say that's cheaper than losing a job and being miserable where u are. One thing I do know is how expensive legal problems are. Not sure how many remember I was busted for DUI last year. It's been over a year and I've been to court twice to set dates and I'm around 10k into attorney fees. Most the time my attorney goes to court for me and I don't have to appear. It's a long process