PDA

View Full Version : Your Worst Lift.....

baby1
08-15-2014, 04:11 PM
What is the one lift that you struggle the most with? Post it up and maybe others can share some tips to help you better achieve that struggle you have been having. Most of all, NEVER give up!!!!

Ironguruera
08-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Hmm I hate DB bench press. Part of the reason is the pad u sit on at the new gym I go to damn near points at the ceiling. It's just hard and uncomfortable for my midget ass to get into position with heavy DB's. I literally have to watch I don't catch my raisins on the bench.
I feel like I waste so much energy and effort stabilizing the DB after getting on the damn bench I can't push what I'm truly capable of.

I can hardly get the 100's up safely. Yet I can bench 335. Go figure.....

Moral of the story is I hate DB benching lol. However I find I get better contraction and chest pumps by doing 75-90lb DBS anyways and gravitate towards those.

Encino_Mang
08-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Deads..........a 4 year old can dead more than me...............I'm short with short T Rex arms............I dam near have the bar hanging right below my nips locked out.........it's sad really

Ironguruera
08-15-2014, 09:08 PM
Deads..........a 4 year old can dead more than me...............I'm short with short T Rex arms............I dam near have the bar hanging right below my nips locked out.........it's sad really

Lmfao. That's a hell of a visual! I don't do deads any more. I have degenerated discs in low spine. Deads make me pay in pain and not goo dom pain. Just pain lol.

They are a good mass/thickness back builder but I don't feel they are the back holy grail exercise ppl make em out to be. I've seen plenty of strong young bucks at the gym dead lifting impressive weight....back development still sucked lol.

Encino_Mang
08-15-2014, 10:31 PM
Lmfao. That's a hell of a visual! I don't do deads any more. I have degenerated discs in low spine. Deads make me pay in pain and not goo dom pain. Just pain lol.

They are a good mass/thickness back builder but I don't feel they are the back holy grail exercise ppl make em out to be. I've seen plenty of strong young bucks at the gym dead lifting impressive weight....back development still sucked lol.

The good news is my back is pretty thick, I just can't pull shit off the floor.....

Pittsburgh63
08-15-2014, 10:52 PM
My worst lift is my Ass out of Bed. After that, I'm golden!! ;)

Ironguruera
08-16-2014, 12:41 AM
My worst lift is my Ass out of Bed. After that, I'm golden!! ;)

Lol true story!! That's the hardest thing in the world to me. Getting up out of bed!

zedhed
08-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Ft Squats. But working the hell out of em to get ready for my new log. Other then just plain shitty patched back together knees its a combination of things. I am working on really strengthening my mid back as thats a super big player in the Ft squat. Thats the reason that most peeps complain of the bar slipping off of their front delts. The middle back is weak and then bend over right there and that dam bar slips right off the delts. But am getting better weekly on it so am looking forward to getting me some legs. Workout at home so no fancy leg press machines or any of that. Also DONT BELIEVE IN LEG EXTENSIONS...unless you wanna wreck your knees that is...the getting out of bed thing isnt an issue here. New day, new life, who knows what could happen? Maybe win the lotto, maybe get machine gunned at McDonalds, maybe Zombies appear out of nowhere. Too exciting to me to be in bed, I jump right out.
:cool:

KingMD
08-23-2014, 08:49 AM
getting out of bed thing isnt an issue here. New day, new life, who knows what could happen? Maybe win the lotto, maybe get machine gunned at McDonalds, maybe Zombies appear out of nowhere. Too exciting to me to be in bed, I jump right out.

Lol true dat, cant beat a zombie apocalypse. . .for me it varies. .one moment im gd the next somethin is sore or I went too hard the last time to work the same exercise for a while :/ sucks

jsam
08-24-2014, 01:35 AM
Also DONT BELIEVE IN LEG EXTENSIONS...unless you wanna wreck your knees that is...

I'very started doing front squats instead of leg extensions because i was told they are bad for the knees. It is an awkward movement to me just starting to get used to it. So you don't recomend doing any leg extensions?

zedhed
08-30-2014, 12:23 AM
Nope not for any reason at all.
Ft Squats will do far more for your quad development then any amount of leg extensions will and the Ft Squats are actually beneficial for knees in general. Where the shitty leg extension will fuck you and everybody that does them in the long run. Been proven and documented time after time. You could also incorporate BBL Hack Squats for further quad development. With my knees the BBL hacks are a no go. So over the year I have found that I can do Ft Squats, Power lift style squats (bar low on traps and very wide stance) and I do SLDL and leg curls for hams. Right there complete leg workout and even better yet highly compound excersizes. I do the leg curls standing up not laying down. That way involves the use of more stabilizing muscles.
I have trouble holding the bar with fingers so I use an old set of straps and hold the straps. Somewhere on here I posted a vid of how to do this. Lemme know if you need to see it.

uprightrow6969
11-30-2014, 08:57 PM
dead lifts...never got into them...

Colstreamer
01-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Pull ups have always been my worst lift. I dunno if it's because I'm heavy or because I've got small hands (for my size that is) but I've never been able to go more than 12reps unweighted.

Big Hoss
01-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Dropped the Hammer Strength/Precor Squat Machine on me the other day doing legs. Lost focus while lifting + the pads were sweaty and it slipped right off of me. Thankfully I didn't get physically hurt... just my ego! :(

Ironguruera
01-03-2015, 03:37 AM
Pull ups have always been my worst lift. I dunno if it's because I'm heavy or because I've got small hands (for my size that is) but I've never been able to go more than 12reps unweighted.

It's the BW. As I've gotten heavier the reps are way harder! If your grip is failing then it's the hands.

Colstreamer
01-03-2015, 05:02 AM
It's the BW. As I've gotten heavier the reps are way harder! If your grip is failing then it's the hands.

That makes sense. I'm gonna try using straps next time. I can always go a little heaier with less problems completing reps when I use straps on deads. Maybe it'll help pull ups too.