PDA

View Full Version : International Peanut & Almond Butter Recall: What You Need To Know

baby1
08-20-2014, 12:11 PM
You may want to put down that PB&J. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration just announced today that nut butters distributed across the U.S., Canada, Hong Kong, the United Arab Emirates, and the Dominican Republic are being recalled because they may contain salmonella. Products at risk of contamination include Arrowhead Mills Peanut Butters, MaraNatha Almond Butters and Peanut Butters, and almond butter sold by grocery chains Kroger, Safeway, Trader Joe's, and Whole Foods.

The nut butters' producer, nSPIRED Natural Foods, Inc., issued the voluntary recall after routine testing by the FDA revealed evidence of salmonella in its products. nSPIRED had received four reports of consumer illness before FDA testing.

Those who contract salmonella typically recover within four to seven days of infection without requiring treatment, but it's a four to seven days best avoided. Fever, cramps, and diarrhea that strike 12 to 72 hours after infection; the latter is particularly dangerous for the dehydration it causes, which sends some victims to the hospital. In the worst cases of infection — which typically occur among young children, the elderly, and those with compromised immune systems — salmonella can spread from the intestine to the bloodstream and even prove fatal.

Find a complete list of recalled products here. If you've purchased one of the products on the list, you can call nSPIRED at 1-800-937-7008 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. CST with questions or to request a refund. And, be sure to throw out the jar!

Lunchbox
08-20-2014, 12:38 PM
Good thing I eat Jif Creamy!!!

Slayer
08-20-2014, 12:59 PM
Shit!!! I just cant stop eating the MaraNatha Caramel flavored Almond Butter! Thanks Baby.

baby1
08-20-2014, 01:12 PM
I have to check my trader joes Almond Butter when I get home. I always buy that

baby1
08-20-2014, 01:12 PM
Shit!!! I just cant stop eating the MaraNatha Caramel flavored Almond Butter! Thanks Baby.

yw

MuscleAddiction
08-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Thanks Baby...where we get ours it is fresh ground, but we do buy the Skippy Natural 1/3 Less Sugar & Sodium...is that on the recall list or ???