PDA

View Full Version : Mr O --- is this weekend ...

xdude
09-17-2014, 08:02 PM
well it is here already.. like everything this years seems early ...

anyhow anyone going... Last year I was coming back fom florida when the Mr O weekend happened ..
I didn't realize it until I saw a bunch of huge dudes and dudets getting onboard the flight to Las Vegas..
then it clicked ...

I was greatful I was not shoe horned into that flight..

I always seem to get stuck in the middle seat and trust me the person I wedge into the windows seat is not thrilled either

SFDan
09-18-2014, 01:28 AM
I really wanted to go this year. Have friends to stay with in Vegas and all so don't need hotels, etc. and would be easy- just too much going on where I am. Looking forward to seeing the roll out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

xdude
09-18-2014, 08:23 AM
I really wanted to go this year. Have friends to stay with in Vegas and all so don't need hotels, etc. and would be easy- just too much going on where I am. Looking forward to seeing the roll out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
yeah but the hotels are the cheap part in Vegas .. of course it depends on what convention is in town at the time..
went there a few years ago and priceline it ... ended up at the imperial for $45 a night IIRC
sure it is a basic hotel....but it is right on the strip.
I was arriving right after the O ... again the airport had a lot of really big tan people in Spandex
and the after market auto parts was in town.... at the convention was a promption package of Brake pads...
there were 1000's of people walking arpund with this small card board boxes with handles
when I was leaving it was the PBR lots of cowboy hats and buckles

Ironguruera
09-18-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm going but not sure what days and to what. My buddy and his wife know Betty weider and get hooked up.
All a little up in the air still. Prob won't get main even tickets. My work also has a box office and in trying to pull strings there.

Anyways....
Phil, Kai, wolf, rammy.....should be a hell of a show!!

Rules of Vegas.
Lots of hookers so no she doesn't like u....she wants your money.
U can not be drunk in public so that douche on a bicycle in cop uniform can and will get u in trouble.

Most important is they did not build Vegas off of winners.....u will not win! Ok maybe if u can count cards....then u can win ;)

Big Hoss
09-19-2014, 11:40 AM
I heard it was going to be televised. Anyone have any info on that?

Ironguruera
09-19-2014, 12:31 PM
I got tickets for ms fitness and bikini lol. It's tonight though. Not sure if I'll go.

BrandX
09-19-2014, 01:14 PM
I could have gotten two free wrist bands but I have no time to go.

Ironguruera
09-19-2014, 01:53 PM
I heard it was going to be televised. Anyone have any info on that?

It's on nbc buddy.

Ironguruera
09-19-2014, 02:09 PM
Ohh it's in October !! On NBC....useless!

mj_0360
09-19-2014, 03:07 PM
I'm pulling for Dexter Jackson this time.

Big Hoss
09-19-2014, 04:12 PM
You mean it's not on The Wide World of Sports on ABC!?! lol! I'm rootin' for my man Branch Warren. :D

Ironguruera
09-19-2014, 04:35 PM
You mean it's not on The Wide World of Sports on ABC!?! lol! I'm rootin' for my man Branch Warren. :D

Lol nope. In my eyes it's not on nbc either! Might as well be on Xmas. Fucktards!

Sorry guys branch and dexter and not winning shit lol. Not that I don like em....just sayin. I think dexter has a great look. He's just not the mass monster the ifbb wants

Big Hoss
09-19-2014, 05:06 PM
How about this new guy... where would he place? :eek:

http://drugline.org/img/term/manorexia-9114_2.jpg

BrandX
09-19-2014, 05:41 PM
How about this new guy... where would he place? :eek:

http://drugline.org/img/term/manorexia-9114_2.jpg

Hey!!! Where did you find my pic?

xdude
09-19-2014, 06:43 PM

you kinow when I was as a teenager growing up ...I remeber seeing it on CBS Sports Spectacular... the 1980 Mr O...
I remebering hearing later that CBS taped over the tapes, and were looking for them when Arnold was running for governer of CA. Apparently the only copy that exist is a 8 mm no sound ..

I also remeber seeing Marvin Hagler on Abc's WWofS and he knocked the guy out in about 20 sec's ...M.Hagler used to training in the city next door about 3 miles from my house, ocassionaly see him jogging down the street ... after about 12 rebroadcastr of the whole fight ..they caved and put on the Champion of NY Bodybuilding contest ..need less to say It was the back up plan.. Mike Mentzer was a commentatory.. I remeber being surprised at how high pitched his voice was for such a big dude

Ironguruera
09-19-2014, 07:12 PM
Sweet! My tickets are for men's prejudging and women's bikini and fitness! What a line up!

xdude
09-19-2014, 07:20 PM
http://streaming.bodybuilding.com/2014-olympia-webcast/
apparently it is going to be streamed..
you can watch the rebroadcast of the press conference and see Chicherillo's shark suit...
are shark suits back in? either way it must be hard for that big guy to find a tent big enough for him... so I won't give him too much crap

Ironguruera
09-19-2014, 07:50 PM
http://streaming.bodybuilding.com/2014-olympia-webcast/
apparently it is going to be streamed..
you can watch the rebroadcast of the press conference and see Chicherillo's shark suit...
are shark suits back in? either way it must be hard for that big guy to find a tent big enough for him... so I won't give him too much crap

Stop worrying about what the dudes are wearing!

xdude
09-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Stop worrying about what the dudes are wearing!

Iggy you are there .... are you wearing the Shark skin too?? ;)

man that stuff is so cheesy and cheap looking ..not to mention
streches and looks like crap after a couple hours of wear ...

Ironguruera
09-19-2014, 09:01 PM
I have no clue what u are talking about. I'm going right from work in my work attire with the wife. She wanted to go!

Ironguruera
09-20-2014, 02:40 AM
Wow just wow. What a show!!
Got to see women's BB, fitness, bikini
And men's prejudging!!
Holy shit I honesty don't know who should win the men's!
Here are my critiques
Phil--best arms
Kai---best back
Rammy---best legs
Wolf---hands down best conditioning
Rodin---best mid section.

Last call out was Phil,Kai,wolf,Rodin...not sure rammy will place about top 5 unless that was trickery.

I always wanted to go to an O and finally did thanks to my buddy hooking me up last minute. My wife really liked the show too!

Hard to say who will win! Ps jay did not compete

xdude
09-20-2014, 09:14 AM
cool the stream is being hosted by you tube.... I can watch this through my Sony blue ray player on the big screen

Ironguruera
09-20-2014, 12:02 PM
cool the stream is being hosted by you tube.... I can watch this through my Sony blue ray player on the big screen

It's on you tube ? What as a delayed feed or something? My wife was bummed she missed the men's event.

Ironguruera
09-20-2014, 02:42 PM
I don't feel rhodin deserves top 3 over wolf. You guys??

xdude
09-20-2014, 07:20 PM
It's on you tube ? What as a delayed feed or something? My wife was bummed she missed the men's event.

yeah delay feed .. I saw the prejudging this morning and the comparisions later this afternoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUaBpQIaTSw is the comparisons... I am sure there will be more links later

Lunchbox
09-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Just saw a video on Facebook of Kai and Phil almost getting into it on stage. I think it was Phil... Not a very good video.

The announcer told Kai and someone else to switch places.

LoL

Ironguruera
09-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Just saw a video on Facebook of Kai and Phil almost getting into it on stage. I think it was Phil... Not a very good video.

The announcer told Kai and someone else to switch places.

LoL

That was funny shit! Kai flicked him with his hair.

Big Hoss
09-20-2014, 08:56 PM
That was funny shit! Kai flicked him with his hair.

lmao!

MuscleAddiction
09-21-2014, 12:03 PM
I don't feel rhodin deserves top 3 over wolf. You guys??

I was kind of surprised too...Wolf looked great, would like to see the judges score cards on those two. Happy for Branch getting 6th, he still has some game in him. That whole Kai & Phil nudging and hair flipping was stupid...but Phil held his composure and smiled the whole time. Bottom line...fucking monsters on stage!!!

mj_0360
09-21-2014, 12:54 PM
http://www.flexonline.com/ifbb/2014-olympia-official-score-cards

xdude
09-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Top 10 Mr. Olympia
1st Place - Phil Heath
2nd Place - Kai Greene
3rd Place - Shawn Rhoden
4th Place - Dennis Wolf
5th Place - Dexter Jackson
6th Place - Branch Warren
7th Place - Mamdouh 'Big Ramy' Elssbiay
8th Place - Victor Martinez
9th Place - Steve Kuclo
10th Place - Juan Morel

Big Hoss
09-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Do they still have the Masters Mr. Olympia?

xdude
09-25-2014, 01:13 PM
well this kind of make sense ...while every one is in contest shape.. however it probably put a major cramp on post contest celebrations....

the Arnold Classic Europe is this weekend 9/26-9/28