PDA

View Full Version : Growing a beard...

Lunchbox
10-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Growing mine out for the first time. Good god it itches!!!

BigBones
10-03-2014, 12:01 AM
I use oils on mine for the itch. Doesn't make sense (based on documentation of the uses of certain oils but) Coconut is my favorite. :)

itsdanr
10-03-2014, 12:01 AM
I'm 28 and cant grow more that a dirt stach BS!

Lunchbox
10-03-2014, 12:20 AM
I use oils on mine for the itch. Doesn't make sense (based on documentation of the uses of certain oils but) Coconut is my favorite. :)

Interesting.. I will look into that.

Lunchbox
10-03-2014, 12:22 AM
I'm 28 and cant grow more that a dirt stach BS!

Puberty comes late for some brother... It's ok though still love ya!!!

😉

All seriousness though I was the same way. Wasn't till my 30's I could get my stach to attach to the goatee.

BrandX
10-03-2014, 12:32 AM
Lol I had to shave in middle school they would not allow me to keep my beard.

Lunchbox
10-03-2014, 12:36 AM

Freak 😄

BigBones
10-03-2014, 12:38 AM

So how much money have you spent on laser hair removal? lol - Silver back I imagine. Spent a couple of grand myself ;)

baby1
10-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Even a light leave in spray conditioner works. Fuzo grew one last hockey season and was to shave it off after the season ended...needless to say he still has it. Hockey just started again so I see that nasty beard hangin around for awhile, ol.

xdude
10-03-2014, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=- Silver back I imagine. [/QUOTE]

Hey silver backs command respect in the Gorilla comunity buddy....!! ;)

Ironguruera
10-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Lmfao!! I grew beard on my honeymoon and got a wicked tan. My wife walked right by me at the airport....I was like where are u going?? She laughed her ass off and was like omg I don't recognize u with the beard yet!

There is surely a omfg itchy length! Lotion helps. Gotta tough it out. It will pass.

I keep mine groomed and shorter then that itchy length. I don't care for the pubic hair on my face look and like it groomed at shorter.

I look 12 when I shave it all off and can't stand how I look shaved now lol.

BrandX
10-03-2014, 03:13 PM
I grow one every winter keeps my face warm while working.

Vicious 13
10-04-2014, 12:44 AM
I grow it out then shave it off... I do the same w my head and chest I guess I'm just lazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironguruera
10-04-2014, 12:55 AM
I do shave it off from time to time. I enjoy it a little fuller when it's colder

jas101
10-04-2014, 01:23 PM

I had a friend in middle school who had a full grizzly Adams beard. We used to send him in the stores to buy beer. Lol. Oh and our school never made him shave. Most of the faculty got a big kick out of his beard.

Ironguruera
10-04-2014, 02:28 PM
I had a friend in middle school who had a full grizzly Adams beard. We used to send him in the stores to buy beer. Lol. Oh and our school never made him shave. Most of the faculty got a big kick out of his beard.

Middle school! Holy shit! That's awesome lol

jas101
10-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Middle school! Holy shit! That's awesome lol
Ya one time his mom dropped him off at a pediatric doctors office to get a sports physical. They wanted to see ID and he kept telling them he didn't have one because he wasn't old enough to drive. They wouldn't do a physical until his mom got back and had to prove he was a minor.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Ironguruera
10-04-2014, 02:49 PM
Lmfao!!

theduketmwbo
10-09-2014, 10:50 PM
yea its that season, this is my first attempt at growing a nice groomed beard in the civilian world, not some duck dynasty shit like in iraq or afghan, past the itchy part, but still trying to get used to it. horse conditioner and one of those really fine combs, like one for animals lol and hopefully itll be glorious

Ironguruera
10-10-2014, 12:15 AM
yea its that season, this is my first attempt at growing a nice groomed beard in the civilian world, not some duck dynasty shit like in iraq or afghan, past the itchy part, but still trying to get used to it. horse conditioner and one of those really fine combs, like one for animals lol and hopefully itll be glorious

U military?

Lmfao at glorious horse beard! That's awesome! I've never let it get to thick. Kind of want to now. I freehand trim the crazy hairs with a pair of clippers and no gaurd.....just be careful or u fuck it all up real quick lol.

I have a Panasonic wet and dry pair of clippers. Has a little blade the u can use on the back or the larger one that has adjustable lengths without a bunch of little attachment guards to lose lol. It recently started goin dead fast......$20 on amazon! To get anything better u gotta step into pro grade ones which I've considered lol. Every time I get my hair cut I eye her fancy hair tools!

Edit the clippers went up a bit in just a month! Once charged it lasts ages! I literally rinse it off in the shower it's great. Just keep it oiled http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000F4USF8/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1412914551&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

BigBones
10-10-2014, 06:32 PM
I grow it out then shave it off... I do the same w my head and chest I guess I'm just lazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't call that lazy - good time management skills. :-). Keeping up with it all everyday or every other day for some is a pain.