PDA

View Full Version : Muscle/fitness mags??

Ironguruera
10-12-2014, 11:58 PM
I could get right to the point but what fun is that?

My wife got food poisoning Friday from Some gook food. I've been playing daddy all weekend. Holy toddler terrorist and baby al quieda. They broke me down to nothing this weekend lol. Suddenly light at the end of the stress tunnel..... My wife needed me to get the the little one diapers. Somehow diapers turned into a 20 item list. I was actually thrilled to be out of the house without being mentally abused by the kids a minute longer lmao. Then she throws a curveball at me. Go to winco it's all way cheaper there. My wife does almost all the shopping cause she works part time. I hate shopping for anything really. I hate the crowds and just the whole
Ordeal lol. I started getting a panic attack just thinking about going to this new enormous store finding a list of shit. I regrouped.....
I took a deep breath and got stoned as fuck lol. Had my friend take me to the store.
I stuck to the list as u will spend $400 high from medical grade pot if u don't stay focused at the grocery store! Lol. I couldn't find the damn baby isle for ages. Finally got the last items and low and behold is the magazine rack at the end of the baby isle. This was brilliant placement if u ask me lol. Before I know it I'm looking at a muscular Devolpment. I already have playboys at home so his seemed like the next natural choice.

Have u guys read md in a while? There's some good reads in it!
There was 2 article of note. One was bob chicarillo talking about forum boards and fans have been saying whoever wins the 212 class at Olympia should then compete head to head with mr O for the mr O title! I liked bobs take on the whole thing! It was a great read.

The next article was they literally did genetic testing on Ronnie and he is a freak! No myostatin fucking his gains and naturally has more muscle and is leaner then the average guy. No shocker there but I found the article interesting! My wife saw the cover of the mag with Ronnie and said OMG who is that!?! Silly girl that's Ronnie of course sweetie I told her! The only man to beat arnolds mr O record! She couldn't believe his physique.

I haven't read or bought a muscle mag in ages.....i enjoyed it!

Anyone else read or buy muscle/fitness mags?

bonis90
10-13-2014, 08:35 AM
http://bodybuilding.about.com/od/bodybuildingcompetition/tp/Mr-Olympia-Through-the-Years-A-List-of-Every-Winner.htm

says Arnold won 7 .. but Coleman and Haney won 8

as for magazines... I do have 2 subs to Flex.. there was a slickdeal on subscriptions for $4 a year . Now I don't know about you but the treadmill is not that exciting ..and my mind needs anything to make it wander.. So I figure why not get a copy for the Gym.. I would spend $4 and not even think about ti ,,why not get something that helps in my WO's

get it all sweaty and abandon it at the gym in the mag rack..sure it is trash but WTF for $4 a year right?
last time I saw MD it was approaching 400 pgs...that thing was no longer a mag it was a weapon

there used to be 2 classes for the O back in the day ... Arnold used to have win against Franco as in Pumping Iron...
of course comparing Phil Heath to Flex Lewis is like comparing a Sun to the moon.. sure a full moon is impressive..but not in the day light ...only on very special occasions is there an eclipse..

baby1
10-13-2014, 09:15 AM
WE used to get them but not as much anymore. They sure do cost a lot and I remember we just got a subscription cause it was a lot cheaper

Sounds like you had a fun trip to the store, lol. It's amazing when Moms are down sick what our men have to do then. Wish I had a video on men who take over what Moms do . I have been in this situation before and sometimes make it last a bit longer just to see the hubby do the things I do daily,lol.

Hope your wife feels better soon

Big Hoss
10-13-2014, 11:20 AM
FLEX magazine. It's not that good now IMO ever since the Weiders passed away, but still makes for an interesting read from time to time. I think if Arnold was to take over full-time and handle all aspects of publishing it would be one kick-ass mag.