PDA

View Full Version : MA Competition Results...

MuscleAddiction
10-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Well this past weekend was my competition and I am pleased with the results...

1st place Superheavyweight Open Bodybuilding
3rd place Master 40+ Bodybuilding
Qualified for Nationals

Now the disappointing aspects of the show...I was the only Superheavyweight :(, so is it really a win? The judges had me come out and pose at prejudging with the Heavyweights, but the head judge told the other judges and audience I was the lone Superheavyweight. The nice thing is it qualified me for Nationals, I did go up against the other 1st place winners for Overall but the guy who won the show really came in solid as a Light heavyweight. He and I talked after the show and he is one really good bro, also is a coach and owns a gym down south from me...he said he wants to work with me, so some positive comes from it.

The second disappointing thing was Thursday night we had to admit Nikki into the hospital for a bacterial infection in both her kidneys, she was discharged yesterday and is sleeping next to me right now, but she missed the show. I was so close to pulling the plug on Friday as I was a mess...2 hours sleep, missed meals (carb loading) for 12 hours while being at the hospital, but her and my dad both told me "the show must go on!!!" So it was dedicated to her and her health.

I was very happy with my conditioning and the way I stepped on stage...came in weighing 230 lbs. I learned a lot not having competed in 7 years, and will build off this experience for sure. It was fun most of all, the comradary was awesome, the promotion was great, and getting the exposure to the judges is a plus too. Looking forward to competing with Nikki at Nationals next year in Chicago...Team Green!!!

Orange24
10-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Shown some pics man

MuscleAddiction
10-13-2014, 02:51 PM
I will...need to find an app that I can edit the pics and cover up my face of course...I have some pics morning of prejudging, from day after, and three days out practicing posing before the wife went into the hospital. I also had professional photos done at the show...they will be available in 2 weeks.

Big Hoss
10-13-2014, 02:54 PM
MA... still, that's awesome bro! Just getting yourself into shape & conditioning and stepping out on that stage is half the battle! On to the Nationals and don't look back! Sorry to hear about Nikki, hope she gets well soon and make a good full recovery. 2015 is going to be your year brother! :D

Big Hoss
10-13-2014, 02:55 PM
^^^ And.. yeah... how about some pics?

Alec
10-13-2014, 03:01 PM
Congrats man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JerseyDevil
10-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Awesome MA! Sorry to hear about Nikki, hope she is as good as new.

Looking forward to your pics.

Slayer
10-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Thats great!!! Just to go out on stage is a big deal in itself!!! Good luck in 2015!!!

Big Hoss
10-13-2014, 03:27 PM
So what is your height and your off-season weight before dieting down for the competition?

MuscleAddiction
10-13-2014, 03:32 PM
So what is your height and your off-season weight before dieting down for the competition?

I am 6'1 and usually walk around at 245-250 max, I am not bulking anymore in offseason, I like to be able to get ready in 8-12 weeks for a competition. If I can help it I will not go above 10% bodyfat anymore.

Encino_Mang
10-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Congrats MA that's so awesome!

Sorry about Nikki, hope she is feeling better soon.

knights
10-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Rock on brother man! Sorry to hear about Nikki.....she's one tough lady !

neoclassical
10-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Congrats MA!

Big Hoss
10-13-2014, 05:22 PM
I am 6'1 and usually walk around at 245-250 max, I am not bulking anymore in offseason, I like to be able to get ready in 8-12 weeks for a competition. If I can help it I will not go above 10% bodyfat anymore.

Do you formulate your own competition diet or have help from a trainer/nutrionist?

MuscleAddiction
10-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Do you formulate your own competition diet or have help from a trainer/nutrionist?

Formulate my own with tips from coaches...I am taking my final for my nutrition certification now, but I know what works...and once again learned from this one too.

MuscleAddiction
10-13-2014, 05:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the support and especially for Nikki...yeah she is one tough woman, but this has knocked her down good. We will get her healthy, at least she is at home now.

Big Hoss
10-13-2014, 05:32 PM
Formulate my own with tips over the years...I am taking my final for my nutrition certification now, but I know what works...and once again learned from this one too.

Yep, it's always a learning experience. Tweak it here... change it there. Awesome bro, congrats again!

OldGoat
10-13-2014, 10:55 PM
Great job! Hope Nikki will be good! Any word on what caused it?

It will be a great experience both of you prepping and doing the same show! Hope you don't kill each other! LOl!

MuscleAddiction
10-13-2014, 11:54 PM
Great job! Hope Nikki will be good! Any word on what caused it?

It will be a great experience both of you prepping and doing the same show! Hope you don't kill each other! LOl!

Doctors said it is usually caused by an untreated UTI...but she doesn't remember having any symptoms of one. She is slowly recovering, it hit her hard and bad!!!

Lujannoe
10-14-2014, 01:43 AM
Congrats bro!!! And hoping for a speedy recovery for nikki!

KingMD
10-14-2014, 03:28 AM
Koo shit man congrats..and bein the lone ranger ain't bad bro, just mean no one else could get themselves on ur level :)
And glad Nikki is doin better...nice yall are gna be competing side by side...gd times

xdude
10-14-2014, 08:35 AM
wow congrats... you won the super heavy weights not becasue you were the only one in the catagory...but because no one had the balls to take you on !! Light heavy must have looked great you had him beat by at least 30LBS

Careful with that kidney infection... and fight that off with all the abtibiotics you can ... I had a neice that ended up on dialisist cause of that ..

I wish her well...

NTL
10-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Congratulations MA.

JerseyDevil
10-14-2014, 09:16 AM
How is Nikki doing today?? Better I hope.

BigBones
10-14-2014, 09:27 AM
MA congrats - one way or another you deserved it. Hard work and dedication. On a more serious note, how's your lady doing? Sending you both my best and warm wishes.

MuscleAddiction
10-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Koo shit man congrats..and bein the lone ranger ain't bad bro, just mean no one else could get themselves on ur level :)
And glad Nikki is doin better...nice yall are gna be competing side by side...gd times

Thanks bro...one of the other competitors competing in Masters 50+ & 60+ said the same thing, anyone could have competed today, I was the only one who did and was ready...be proud.

wow congrats... you won the super heavy weights not becasue you were the only one in the catagory...but because no one had the balls to take you on !! Light heavy must have looked great you had him beat by at least 30LBS

Careful with that kidney infection... and fight that off with all the abtibiotics you can ... I had a neice that ended up on dialisist cause of that ..

I wish her well...

Thanks X...yeah 12 days of antibiotics and rest, being very diligent for that reason and concern too. Once better, detox would be good for her.

Congratulations MA.

Thanks bro!

How is Nikki doing today?? Better I hope.

Day by day she is, she is home so taking care of her.

MA congrats - one way or another you deserved it. Hard work and dedication. On a more serious note, how's your lady doing? Sending you both my best and warm wishes.

Thanks bro...she is priority now, need to get her healthy.

SFDan
10-14-2014, 02:47 PM
This is AWSOME MA!!! You totally deserve it. Was thinking about you this weekend. If I hadn't been in Texas for a wedding I'd have been in the audience. Get those pics up for our inspiration.

Best to NIKKI and to her speedy recovery!

Mattingly
10-14-2014, 06:18 PM
Congrats MA! We are damn proud of you brother!

Lunchbox
10-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Congrats brother and thinking of Nikki during her recovery. Keep us updated and reach out if needed brother.

MuscleAddiction
10-24-2014, 11:49 PM
Well it has been a couple weeks already since the show, and Nikki is getting better day by day thanks!!! She just ended her antibiotics today so time for probiotics and just getting her back in the gym where she wants to be. She has come with me twice this week and did body weight exercises and light dumbell work, but she is tough and I can't keep her down.

So you all wanted to see some pictures? Well I got my professional ones back and found an app so I could give myself a new look...so here are some shots from the show!!!

2646 2647

2648 2649

I see where I need to improve...posing is one major piece of the puzzle, but will work on things for the next 6 months until me next competition in April, May, and June. Give me your critique...would love to hear from others what they see and could use improvement.

Time for bed...training in morning!!!

MuscleAddiction
10-24-2014, 11:55 PM
Here is another cool shot...

...and this is how I looked the day after the show, of course a little more full, and even a bit dryer, so will make those modifications for next show prep week.

Like the green theme ;).

Big Hoss
10-25-2014, 12:04 AM
Very nice well-defined back. Good vascularity in the delts & chest. Your "tear-drops" have good striations. Maybe bring up the glutes, hams & calves? Good overall package there MA. This inspires me to take my training to the next level and maybe start competing again next year. Best of luck to you in 2015. Train insane brother. :D

MuscleAddiction
10-25-2014, 12:07 AM
Very nice well-defined back. Good vascularity in the delts & chest. Your "tear-drops" have good striations. Maybe bring up the glutes, hams & calves? Good overall package there MA. This inspires me to take my training to the next level and maybe start competing again next year. Best of luck to you in 2015. Train insane brother. :D

Glutes, hams, calves are on the list...triceps & upper chest too. Had an NPC judge even say she would like to see more thickness in my back too...so lets just say train insane and focus on everything lol!!! Thanks bro...get back on that stage!!!

KingMD
10-25-2014, 02:46 AM
Yes widen the back a lil more, last..calves a lil thin for the monster legs u got bro, well done there...maybe some tighter abs...overall the conditioning is sick man, hella shredded...
And yea, its just for critique bro, u look insane..but that wont help u for what u lookin for...gd shit man...the next day shot ur arms do look more full

Lunchbox
10-25-2014, 02:47 AM
You look amazing MA! That took some serious hardcore work brother.

Impressed and huge respect brother!!

KingMD
10-25-2014, 02:47 AM
That was "lats" not last*..

JerseyDevil
10-30-2014, 01:51 PM
Mad respect MA, you look incredible.

MuscleAddiction
10-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Yes widen the back a lil more, last..calves a lil thin for the monster legs u got bro, well done there...maybe some tighter abs...overall the conditioning is sick man, hella shredded...
And yea, its just for critique bro, u look insane..but that wont help u for what u lookin for...gd shit man...the next day shot ur arms do look more full

Thanks brother...yes lots of work to do in 6 months, but will keep improving in all areas critiqued...and yes was fuller next day, will fix that next time.

You look amazing MA! That took some serious hardcore work brother.

Impressed and huge respect brother!!

Thanks brother...back at you!!!

That was "lats" not last*..

Got it!!!

Mad respect MA, you look incredible.

Thanks brother...always a work in progress!!!

Ironguruera
10-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Glutes, hams, calves are on the list...triceps & upper chest too. Had an NPC judge even say she would like to see more thickness in my back too...so lets just say train insane and focus on everything lol!!! Thanks bro...get back on that stage!!!

Solid plan! Back looks good to me! It's your strongest point IMHO. Quads look great as do biceps. Work more on hams/glutes like u said. Calves look good from back view esp since u said they are weak for ya. Try more soleus /seated work so they pop more from the front. More arms overhead tricep work for the long head isolation.

If u can peak on the day and bring up your lagging points will be a force!

Look great!

MuscleAddiction
10-30-2014, 06:57 PM
Solid plan! Back looks good to me! It's your strongest point IMHO. Quads look great as do biceps. Work more on hams/glutes like u said. Calves look good from back view esp since u said they are weak for ya. Try more soleus /seated work so they pop more from the front. More arms overhead tricep work for the long head isolation.

If u can peak on the day and bring up your lagging points will be a force!

Look great!

There you are...thanks bro, yes I will bring a better package to my next competitions next year, first one is in April so we have time to build some. I now have a coach/trainer helping both Nikki and I, we have a competitive team forming, and we are only getting started!!!

mj_0360
10-30-2014, 07:07 PM
You look great and should be very proud bro!

Encino_Mang
10-30-2014, 07:35 PM
You're ripped to the bone.................good work!!!

MuscleAddiction
10-30-2014, 07:44 PM
You look great and should be very proud bro!

You're ripped to the bone.................good work!!!

Thanks my brothers!!!

Big Hoss
10-31-2014, 10:59 AM
What music did you do your posing routine to?

MuscleAddiction
10-31-2014, 01:00 PM
What music did you do your posing routine to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMlKmELIhgY

Saliva...Ladies & Gentlemen, I am a rocker at heart :)

Big Hoss
10-31-2014, 03:49 PM

Yep... love that band. I've got their greatest hits loaded on my mp3 player for my workouts... "CLICK, CLICK, BOOM!"

If I compete again, I think I'm going to do my posing routine to N.W.A.'s "Straight Outta Compton"! lol! Can you picture a middle-aged crazy-ass white boy up on stage posing to some hardcore gangsta rap!?! lol! That ought to get some attention! Probably get me laughed off stage... :):p:(

KingMD
10-31-2014, 03:57 PM
Lol nice..

NTL
10-31-2014, 09:12 PM
Great choice in music .You also look great in pic's.

JRam
10-31-2014, 09:23 PM
You looked great.

Face is a little funny though. :D

Mgambino310
11-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Damn MA, chizled

Sent from my iPm

xdude
11-07-2014, 09:43 PM

doesn't Black and White just capture the moment ?

Big Hoss
11-12-2014, 03:39 PM
MA, what leg exercises were you doing during your contest training?