PDA

View Full Version : I love fall...... crisp air , leaves, raking

xdude
11-13-2014, 08:06 AM
I own a 1/10 of an acre.. here is 13 bags and 3 trash can of Leaves , the compost bin is full and I still have about 1/4 of the lawn to go...

Oh my aching back and shoulder ...

Lunchbox
11-13-2014, 10:30 AM
Good lord.. Is your whole lot nothing but trees??

When I lived in Houston my old house was surrounded by nothing but pine trees. Since moving up here to DFW, trees are pretty sparse. I guess that's the reason they call it "Prairie Land"

😄

xdude
11-13-2014, 11:41 AM
I have 2 nieghbors ( one each side ) with oaks that are about 80-100 ft tall in the front,
I have 3 in the back and then have neighbors behind with good size trees too ...
Both neightbors on the sides have Maples...and for some reason the maples are still green ( go figure)
So I finished the bulk of it this morning... but will be revisiting the situation later this month

BigBones
11-13-2014, 11:51 AM
16 hours of work and my yard is clean... But my neighbors tend to not do leaves. I foresee theirs becoming mine. Fucking hate leaves.

Slayer
11-13-2014, 12:43 PM
I hate leaves too!!! I have 2 acres and only 3 trees. They are at least 100 plus years old and are huge. I use the tractor to mulch the leaves. So far have done it twice. Looks like I will need to do it one more time. No way am I raking this shit up!!!

xdude
11-13-2014, 03:42 PM
2 acres justifies a rider mower... 1/10 acre I can't justify it ...
also you can set aside enough for composting... and get some nice Garden fill

Ironguruera
11-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Fuck that noise! Hire someone for that shit!
I do the yard work myself too. I hate it. Burns up time very fast. I had my irrigation turned way up and everything grew like it was on juice lol.
Thanks for reminding me I have to finish the pre winter prune back this weekend.....dick! Lol.

xdude
11-13-2014, 10:24 PM
my neightbor hires pros for leaf removal.... and man are they professionals....
he has about 1/2 acre and they have it clean in about 1.5 hours...all the leaves vaccumn into a trailer and off they go..

there is a park up the street, covered in trees and the town had dump trucks , the large leaf blower that they drove like a golf cart..(largest I have ever seen )and a back hoe to deal with the leaves ...

have fun Iggy !

BigBones
11-13-2014, 10:53 PM
I hire folks for my parents and I laws every year. Get the wife and kids out to do it at our house. Once I am of retirement age I ain't lifting a finger. Lol. :-)