PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving meal

xdude
11-25-2014, 04:36 PM
A couple of years ago I listen to a radio program , and the host was having people call in and describe what was the Thanksgiving meal... It was an example of America's "out of many ...one"

Everyone called in and I am from the descent and we have "x"..and the would list off every thing and end with a turkey ..

for Eaxmple a mexican american called in an said we have encelatas bean rice and a turkey

Being a mixture of a ancestories .. from my french canadian side do a pork sausage stuffing ...that is like a real low grade meatloaf... loaded with calories and just plain awesome... Ofcourse the green bean casarole.. and of course Potatoes.
also a tradition in brought in from the sister inlaw a mixture of various pickles ( onions , cukes olives etc...) for a pre meal snack
and of course a turkey !

what is yours

Big Hoss
11-25-2014, 06:00 PM
Ours has always been the traditional turkey with dressing or stuffing, mashed potatoes & brown gravy, rolls, baked beans, green bean casserole, home-made cranberry sauce, mac-n-chz, and a few other small side dishes. Dessert has been pecan pie, pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, & of course the store-bought cookies, brownies, and chocolate cake. Just an old run-of-the-mill Thanksgiving Day feast! Damn... you just made me hungry! :p

chesty
11-26-2014, 04:23 AM
Turkey potatoes baked beans, fruit salad, and shit loads of desserts oh stuffing and veggies too with potato salad, snacks, breads etc

BigBones
11-26-2014, 10:06 AM
Opportunity starts knocking today. You all might think this is bad but... Today and tomorrow I start the list of what is being made. It all depends on what NEEDS to be used in the refrigerator, LOL! My wife and I host 40 or so people (family and friends) so it's a lot of fucking food. She is going through the refrigerator now and I am starting to pair the ingredients together for possible appetizers and side dishes. Of course we also have your more traditional items; turkey, duck, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, LOTS of bread, boiled onions, green bean casserole.

I like the idea of MAC and cheese - dress it up a bit with a crumb topping and some chives, walla! A cheap side dish. We need those inexpensive dishes in this house. :-)

xdude
11-26-2014, 07:55 PM
A buddy of mine is Italian... he has full home cooked Lasagna with the Turkey

xdude
11-26-2014, 08:09 PM
anyone brave enough to try a turduckin?

MuscleAddiction
11-26-2014, 08:22 PM
Doing a deep fried turkey for my mom and dad this year, they are going to love it...I will be doing this for years to come I predict, mashed potatoes, candied yams, Coastal Kale salad, rolls, stuffing, and great company!!! May even have a shot of Patron with mom this year ;).

Ironguruera
11-26-2014, 10:07 PM
Doing a deep fried turkey for my mom and dad this year, they are going to love it...I will be doing this for years to come I predict, mashed potatoes, candied yams, Coastal Kale salad, rolls, stuffing, and great company!!! May even have a shot of Patron with mom this year ;).

They are excellent!!

If u haven't done it before make sure that fucker is dry inside and out and lower it in VERY slowly and I do mean SLOW!

Enjoy!

Ironguruera
11-26-2014, 10:08 PM
anyone brave enough to try a turduckin?

No but I'll eat the hell out of one lol.

xdude
11-27-2014, 01:12 PM
deep fried is awesome.... very moist turkey...
just make sure it is thawed and dry ... cooks in no time too

baby1
11-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Big bird stuffed with homemade stuffing
mashed taters
fresh homemade cranberries
REAL homemade gravy
broccoli with cheese
sweet potatoes
rolls

Chocolate lava cakes for dessert

then we are off to see the Mockingjay at the movies

MuscleAddiction
11-27-2014, 04:33 PM
They are excellent!!

If u haven't done it before make sure that fucker is dry inside and out and lower it in VERY slowly and I do mean SLOW!

Enjoy!

deep fried is awesome.... very moist turkey...
just make sure it is thawed and dry ... cooks in no time too

She is in...23 lb bird deep frying at 285 degrees, will be done in just over an hour...Happy Thanksgiving all!!! Be safe and eat BIG!!!

xdude
11-28-2014, 04:31 PM
So My bud invited me over for his second thanks giving meal since his parents are divorced ...( known him and his mom 20 + years)
and today was a fried turkey... didn't know they made an indoor frier for turkeys ..

Vicious 13
11-28-2014, 04:37 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk