PDA

View Full Version : The new iPhone 6plus

chesty
11-26-2014, 04:19 AM
So who copied who? It looks like a Samsung note3!

Plus I pre-ordered mine in slate grey 128gb a month ago, ship date is pushed out but Verizon won't say when to. One day they say shipped, next they say ships Dec 7, then they say they don't know and can't tell you when it will. Apple that piss ass poor at supply management? Or just cause Jobs is dead now with fluffy at the helm?

baby1
11-26-2014, 08:44 AM
Some cool phones out there but I don't carry a cell phone and I don't want to at all! FREEDOM!!!!!!!lol

Big Hoss
11-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Some cool phones out there but I don't carry a cell phone and I don't want to at all! FREEDOM!!!!!!!lol

Not at all!?! Not even for emergencies? I primarily carry mine for emergencies and to text my wife when I'm leaving the gym so she can have my dinner ready when I get home! lol! ;)

Big Hoss
11-26-2014, 11:18 AM
IMO, I think Apple copied Android on this one.

baby1
11-26-2014, 12:30 PM
Not at all!?! Not even for emergencies? I primarily carry mine for emergencies and to text my wife when I'm leaving the gym so she can have my dinner ready when I get home! lol! ;)

Not at all and I love it. If it is an emergency...someone else will have a phone,lol

Big Hoss
11-26-2014, 12:42 PM
Not at all and I love it. If it is an emergency...someone else will have a phone,lol

Not even a beeper!?! hehehehe! Remember those!?! lol!

baby1
11-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Not even a beeper!?! hehehehe! Remember those!?! lol!

Yes I do remember them and beeping the shit out of Fuzos when we were younger,lol. I would rather spend my money on other things than electronics and I do love the freedom of not having a phone. We survived without them before. When my munchkin gets older, I will probably have to get one but I will hold that one off as long as I can

xdude
11-26-2014, 12:48 PM
I have a no frills carrier ..$40 a month... and as a result I would have to pay full price for an Iphone.... I don't see that happening at $700
the 6 plus is still smaller than the note... that thing is huge... although I saw on line that the Asian prefer a large display..becuase they write with their fingers and convert to txt..,,,they kind of need a bigger dislay... there is one out there at is 7".. that right about the size of the original kindle fire !! can you image putting that to your ear?

Big Hoss
11-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Yes I do remember them and beeping the shit out of Fuzos when we were younger,lol. I would rather spend my money on other things than electronics and I do love the freedom of not having a phone. We survived without them before. When my munchkin gets older, I will probably have to get one but I will hold that one off as long as I can

Don't blame ya... I wish I could chunk mine sometimes!

Big Hoss
11-26-2014, 04:26 PM
I have a no frills carrier ..$40 a month... and as a result I would have to pay full price for an Iphone.... I don't see that happening at $700
the 6 plus is still smaller than the note... that thing is huge... although I saw on line that the Asian prefer a large display..becuase they write with their fingers and convert to txt..,,,they kind of need a bigger dislay... there is one out there at is 7".. that right about the size of the original kindle fire !! can you image putting that to your ear?

Sounds like a classic SNL parody skit!

Ironguruera
11-26-2014, 05:22 PM
I need a new phone. Dropped mine last week. Screen is a mess now! I refuse to pay $300 + for a phone. Probably going to see who offers a free iPhone or droid with a contract.
AT&T must think the world can't add. They offer a$30 a month for 2 yrs deal. I was like how is that a deal??? I suck at math and that's over $600 not even thinking about it. They kept saying but is only $30 a month.....I swear it was like I we were buying a car!

Apparently ppl can't do simple math anymore lol

xdude
11-26-2014, 05:37 PM
I need a new phone. Dropped mine last week. Screen is a mess now! I refuse to pay $300 + for a phone. Probably going to see who offers a free iPhone or droid with a contract.
AT&T must think the world can't add. They offer a$30 a month for 2 yrs deal. I was like how is that a deal??? I suck at math and that's over $600 not even thinking about it. They kept saying but is only $30 a month.....I swear it was like I we were buying a car!

Apparently ppl can't do simple math anymore lol

OH yeah... there are web site out there that do the math for you... it is always cheaper to buy the phone
just do a search "cheapest iphone 6" and there is a web site out there ...punch how much you use it , etc and they will compare all the sites
get the deal for you

I hardly use the phone...it is just me ( no family plan) pay as you go net10 for me
have you considerin fixing the phone... a diplay is like $100 ...if it is newer might be worth it

Ironguruera
11-26-2014, 07:42 PM
It's an iPhone 4. Not even the s lol. It is the 32gig one though. I'll see what I can into a new phone for. A guy at work offered to fix it for free if I can get a glass. Pretty sure he is a closed homo and will want some gay trade so I'll pay him for sure lol

chesty
11-27-2014, 04:36 AM
The 6plusis barely smaller than my note3. I needed a phone for my son so i decided to get the 6plus and give applemone last chance that area. My notemis going to son. Yep apple most definetly copied samsung. Shame too the samsung form factormisnt bad but not great. I like the original iphone shapes set them apart felt solid except formthe glass backs.

I had a beeper once and a brick for a phone too!

Vicious 13
11-27-2014, 11:01 AM
I use Verizon edge plan get a new phone every year. Don't care for the giant phones it needs to fit in my pocket at work. I'm used to I phone now so I like it. Didn't know there was still a wait to get one figured u could just walk into apple or Verizon and grab one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironguruera
11-27-2014, 05:09 PM
I use Verizon edge plan get a new phone every year. Don't care for the giant phones it needs to fit in my pocket at work. I'm used to I phone now so I like it. Didn't know there was still a wait to get one figured u could just walk into apple or Verizon and grab one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I don't like the big phone craze. I also enjoy the iPhone interface.

I don't really get the phone camp hate. Just but what u like? Seems easy enough lol.

xdude
11-27-2014, 09:15 PM
I have a 4 " screen that is enough... I just picked up a Net10 phone on a BF deal for a back up ...$10 at Kmart..
I figure for $10 if worse comes to worse it is cheap insurance ...

chesty
11-28-2014, 01:37 AM
I have big hands and my eyes not soon good in my age. The big phones fit easily in my p9ckets front and back. I also use to review my photos I take in the field so 8 need the bigger screen for that as well.

xdude
11-29-2014, 10:32 PM
was at target today and they had a Ascend mate 2 for $300 of Net 10 it was huge.. 5.7 inches

Big Hoss
12-01-2014, 12:55 PM
was at target today and they had a Ascend mate 2 for $300 of Net 10 it was huge.. 5.7 inches

"That's what she said!" lol!