PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own a Prius???

Orange24
07-09-2015, 10:25 AM
Tell me what you think?

Nbencze
07-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Had one for two years without a problem. Best car we have ever had. Toyotas customer service is the best. Gas mileage is great, and only cost 20 to fill up. I let my dad drive ours, and two days later he bought one.

Orange24
07-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Had one for two years without a problem. Best car we have ever had. Toyotas customer service is the best. Gas mileage is great, and only cost 20 to fill up. I let my dad drive ours, and two days later he bought one.

Okay what year

Ironguruera
07-09-2015, 12:57 PM
No I hate them. Why spend $30k for a corolla gas milage? Just buy a Yaris or Corolla. Cheaper and 40mpg. U can buy an ass ton of gas for the $10-$15k msrp difference.

Prius are terrible for the environment down the road in regards of battery disposal. Far more toxic for the environment then a gas engine car

xdude
07-09-2015, 03:56 PM
I was reading in the paper that the used market for the electric/hybrid cars is substantial discounted since gas prices fell as a bunch come off lease..

if I was going to go hybrid with the chevy volt, most people don't even realize how little they take for hops ... 120 Miles is a lot more than the average person needs

then again a tesla is just f'ng plain cool...
silent .. moves like a bat out of hell

Ironguruera
07-09-2015, 04:28 PM
I was reading in the paper that the used market for the electric/hybrid cars is substantial discounted since gas prices fell as a bunch come off lease..

if I was going to go hybrid with the chevy volt, most people don't even realize how little they take for hops ... 120 Miles is a lot more than the average person needs

then again a tesla is just f'ng plain cool...
silent .. moves like a bat out of hell

Yeah BMW makes a car called the i3. They figure there range that the average person drives 30 miles per day. I was able to get a insane lease price on one though my company but I didn't do it. Didn't like how they drove. No sway bars= crazy body roll. Was tempting cause would have been able to charge it for free by my work

Tesla is bad ass! Super fast! Very cool cars

Ironguruera
07-09-2015, 04:29 PM
And watch the south park episode about smug before u get a Prius lol.

JRam
07-09-2015, 08:56 PM
No I hate them. Why spend $30k for a corolla gas milage? Just buy a Yaris or Corolla. Cheaper and 40mpg. U can buy an ass ton of gas for the $10-$15k msrp difference.

Prius are terrible for the environment down the road in regards of battery disposal. Far more toxic for the environment then a gas engine car

This.

Setting aside the "cool" factor and/or environmental concerns, a Corolla or Yaris may be a better financial deal for you. In my area, Toyota is offering 0 percent financing on the Corolla, which is a lot more car than the Prius. Nothing beats 0 percent financing. The car company lends you the money to buy the car and you pay it off over 5-6 years with no interest. Even if you had the cash to buy the car outright at the time of purchase you would be better off financing it at 0 percent because even if you're only getting 1 percent interest at the bank, you're coming out ahead

Orange24
07-09-2015, 09:21 PM
ok i hear you, but why is a corolla more car?

Ironguruera
07-09-2015, 09:36 PM
ok i hear you, but why is a corolla more car?

Not sure I agree with that.

They are equally slow, boring ass cars that do nothing well except great economy. The Corolla will last agesamd require very little to keep it going.
The Prius will need about $1500 in batteries at some point or another and I would be shocked if anyone but Toyota can work on a Prius. Moot point if u are getting rid of it before out of warranty.

My wife had a Yaris for a while. Got 35-40+mpg and was $15k. It was a beer can with wheels. U get hit at any speed u are dead in these cars......but great economy.
It didn't fit a baby seat for shit and I was worried sick about my wife and baby being in a car that dangerous in an accident.
That said other then an odd trans leak while under warranty it was problem free for 70k.

Orange24
07-09-2015, 09:42 PM
I own a corolla so it's definitely not more car

JRam
07-09-2015, 09:50 PM
http://www.torquenews.com/1083/no-ev-or-hybrid-can-match-2015-toyota-corolla-le-eco

Ironguruera
07-10-2015, 01:46 PM
http://www.torquenews.com/1083/no-ev-or-hybrid-can-match-2015-toyota-corolla-le-eco

Told ya!

Nbencze
07-11-2015, 12:04 AM
Didn't think you would be one to think of the environment IG haha. The gas I save is worth the 1500 I may one day have to spend on a battery. Shoot I prob save close to that in a few months. As for room they are bigger that you would think, and they are safer than you would think http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Toyota_Prius/Safety/ . A
day I know from my daughters therapy was hit by a tundra in her prius. Car was totaled, but everyone was fine. I get some laughs for driving it especially if you would see what I look like, but for me it's Worth it haha. Also I'm not giving those Muslim fucks as much money.

NTL
07-11-2015, 05:57 AM
Didn't think you would be one to think of the environment IG haha. The gas I save is worth the 1500 I may one day have to spend on a battery. Shoot I prob save close to that in a few months. As for room they are bigger that you would think, and they are safer than you would think http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Toyota_Prius/Safety/ . A
day I know from my daughters therapy was hit by a tundra in her prius. Car was totaled, but everyone was fine. I get some laughs for driving it especially if you would see what I look like, but for me it's Worth it haha. Also I'm not giving those Muslim fucks as much money.
We dont important that much oil from the middle east. We imported 27% of our oil last year and the majority of that came from Canada.

Ironguruera
07-11-2015, 07:41 PM

They do seem roomier then a corolla a tad.

My point is mostly I don't feel the price point of the Prius is worth the gas savings compared to a Nissan Versa or Toyota Corolla. They all get about the same milage yet the Prius is what $8k+ more msrp? It's not like the Prius gets 70mpg average.

That said my car is catless and makes this wicked almost fireball noise when I shift at wide open! The exhaust is modular and u can buy a bolt in cat section with flanges.......just haven't gotten around to it lol.
Why do I want to spend $300 to get less power lol?

Layddually2
07-11-2015, 08:14 PM
By the time it's paid off you will have to spend $6-8k on new batteries.

Layddually2
07-11-2015, 08:17 PM
My wife had a glk250 for like a month got over 40mpg OTD was $40k had 200hp 350ftlbs awd

Layddually2
07-11-2015, 08:17 PM
She wanted 3rd row though so we just traded in on a 2015 highlander.

Ironguruera
07-12-2015, 10:51 AM
She wanted 3rd row though so we just traded in on a 2015 highlander.

Our friend has the highlander it's nice too. I didn't know anyone at the Toyota dealership like I do the gmc so we got the Acadia instead.

Vicious 13
07-12-2015, 10:57 AM
I just bought an 01 saturn great on gas 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBones
07-15-2015, 10:17 AM
2010 Prius IV owner here. Great milage and pretty darn spacious.

Nbencze
07-20-2015, 07:31 PM
And I bet you haven't replaced a battery. Someone said I think 5-8000 in a life time. Well thats bs because they can last up to 300,000 miles. Also 1700 to do the job yourself. 2-500 for labor if you want it done.

Layddually2
02-15-2016, 11:55 AM
No Prius but I have Prius repellent.

Nbencze
02-15-2016, 01:07 PM
No Prius but I have Prius repellent.

You must not like resale value haha. All Toyota here!

Orange24
02-15-2016, 01:10 PM
I've gone honda,Toyota, Volvo, honda. I love Honda

Ironguruera
02-15-2016, 02:30 PM
You must not like resale value haha. All Toyota here!

That's all they have though. Resale lol.

Horribly slow, not very safe. Do nothing great.
Only Toyota they did right was the supra

So glad we don't own that dangerous ass Yaris anymore. Like a tin can with an engine. I hated when we had our 1st baby and wife still had that car. Worried me sick thinking about if they got in an accident

I stand by what I said. The Yaris is a retarded vehicle. Buy a corolla or Yaris for significantly less the savings probably about covers the gas for the entire ownership of them vs buying a Yaris

Layddually2
02-15-2016, 02:37 PM
Resale lol I'm in Texas my cummins will have better resale than a Prius here.

Nbencze
02-15-2016, 04:44 PM
Trucks in general have better resale. I'll take my taco over American made all day!

Layddually2
02-15-2016, 05:27 PM
Depends on your needs I guess. I get 20mpg 500hp and 1200ftlbs I tow stuff often.

Nbencze
02-15-2016, 10:48 PM
Very true. Can't tow too much with my taco.

Layddually2
02-16-2016, 12:15 AM
I have heard a rumor that 2017 tundra will have option of diesel same diesel v8 the Titan is getting. If true I may have to trade mine in LOL.