PDA

View Full Version : My son just swore into the Army

chesty
08-28-2015, 03:23 AM
Got to watch him swear in. Took video and pics. He was really serious doing it to. And looked a lot better with the basic moves than the other kids. He is giving to be in intelligence with a TS Compartmentalized clearance. One day he might be Rand Paul's and Christie's worst nightmare, an American who is intelligent. I am really proud of him I wasn't sure what do with him during this last year, but he pulled his head out of his ass, got fresh air and made the decision to serve his country. He now joins the ranks of the 1% of the population who willingly volunteers to defend our nation and of those abroad who stand for freedom. Semper Fi my son.

NTL
08-28-2015, 08:07 AM
I think the military is great for a lot of people. It's definitely not for everyone. I had some of the best years of my life serving in the USMC.

Nbencze
08-28-2015, 08:47 AM
That's awesome, and if he is anything like his father he will make a great soldier! Hooah

Alec
08-28-2015, 08:58 AM
Congrats Chesty! We are all grateful for the men and women who risk their lives every day for our freedom. Give your son my thanks for making the decision to serve this great country. Hopefully our armed forces will be treated with more respect in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ebo10
08-28-2015, 09:18 AM
That's a PRIDE moment if I ever heard one! Thanks and congrats for your sacrifice and accomplishment

chesty
08-28-2015, 12:10 PM
Thank you all. I'm really proud of him we will really understand each other once he completes his training. Yes, I loved my time in the Corps. Wish I could go back and a couple things differently.

At the same time, I'm pretty scared with the way the world is now. I don't want to have an officer and preacher coming to my door.

BigBones
08-28-2015, 08:19 PM
Congrats Chesty!

Any idea what area of intel? Cyber is one of the safest. I myself hold a compartmentalized TS-SCI focused on intel (cyber). Many of my counterparts who were in the service have never seen anything but U.S. soil. :-)

Encino_Mang
08-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Congrats buddy I know your proud!

chesty
08-29-2015, 01:28 AM
Congrats Chesty!

Any idea what area of intel? Cyber is one of the safest. I myself hold a compartmentalized TS-SCI focused on intel (cyber). Many of my counterparts who were in the service have never seen anything but U.S. soil. :-)

Not sure. Heard something about analyzing troop movements.

BigBones
08-29-2015, 11:53 PM
I have a feeling that will a behind the lines position. Good stuff!

chesty
08-30-2015, 12:30 AM
I hope so, but he also wants to go Rangers if he can qualify and then go green beret. Will see what happens after he finishes boot camp.

MuscleAddiction
08-30-2015, 02:42 PM
Congrats Chesty...God bless your son, much respect for those who selflessly serve our country.

chesty
08-31-2015, 02:18 AM
Thanks MA!

BigBones
08-31-2015, 08:25 PM
I hope so, but he also wants to go Rangers if he can qualify and then go green beret. Will see what happens after he finishes boot camp.
My nephew just went into the Rangers. Keep us posted and God Bless!

JRam
08-31-2015, 09:50 PM
My nephew just went into the Rangers. Keep us posted and God Bless!

Ranger Regiment or Ranger School?

chesty
09-01-2015, 03:13 AM
Will keep all apprised.

chesty
10-28-2015, 09:22 AM
He is in his 4th week now, absolutely hates it. Hates his drill instructors too. Go figure. Thinks it's worst decision he ever made. Little does he realize it is his best. He got bronchitis and they seeing if it is asthma. They keep telling him he lied on his medical form and has asthma, which is a crock of shit. He doesn't, I would know, I raised him. So once he is over that, he will keep training. Graduates 17 Dec, unless he screws that up.

Lunchbox
10-28-2015, 10:28 AM
He is in his 4th week now, absolutely hates it. Hates his drill instructors too. Go figure. Thinks it's worst decision he ever made. Little does he realize it is his best. He got bronchitis and they seeing if it is asthma. They keep telling him he lied on his medical form and has asthma, which is a crock of shit. He doesn't, I would know, I raised him. So once he is over that, he will keep training. Graduates 17 Dec, unless he screws that up.

I remember my "boot camp" in my first year at Military School. Little did I know it would be nothing compared to the trails that life throws at you later on down the road.

Lol

I remember writing my folks begging them to pull me out.

😂😂😂

chesty
10-28-2015, 12:13 PM
He hasn't said he is going to quit, but did say if he was doing this on his own he wouldn't do it. Makes sense, because it sounds like he is learning to be a part of the team and they are helping him make it. 3 years or 20, will do more for him than I ever did.

Lunchbox
10-28-2015, 12:29 PM
He hasn't said he is going to quit, but did say if he was doing this on his own he wouldn't do it. Makes sense, because it sounds like he is learning to be a part of the team and they are helping him make it. 3 years or 20, will do more for him than I ever did.

Yes sir!

chesty
10-31-2015, 11:58 PM
He called today. They said he had asthma after doing bunch of tests while he had bronchitis. They are giving him an honorable discharge and he can get a waiver to go back in six months. He was in tears when he was telling me. He told me he joined for himself and his mom. He felt really bad. Will help him with a trainer and help him get in shape and over bronchitis so he can get his waiver and go back if he wants to try again. I feel really bad for him. He is really down over not being allowed to complete basic. They just wouldn't believe him that it was just bronchitis. They wouldn't give him the time to recover from it before testing him.

lileight
11-01-2015, 12:55 AM
Congrats I know your proud.

Lunchbox
11-01-2015, 07:35 AM
He called today. They said he had asthma after doing bunch of tests while he had bronchitis. They are giving him an honorable discharge and he can get a waiver to go back in six months. He was in tears when he was telling me. He told me he joined for himself and his mom. He felt really bad. Will help him with a trainer and help him get in shape and over bronchitis so he can get his waiver and go back if he wants to try again. I feel really bad for him. He is really down over not being allowed to complete basic. They just wouldn't believe him that it was just bronchitis. They wouldn't give him the time to recover from it before testing him.

Trials of life right brother. I hope he decides to make some changes and makes the decision to go back.

He will definitely be ahead of the curve with the next group of recruits.

chesty
11-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Me too. He is just DE a stated right now. I'm gonna start running with him and that won't be easy to do at first being 240 with metal in my back, but I'll do it for him. That way he will be ready to get waiver in 6 months if he chooses to.

I also found a legit doctor place that uses a shot and some other meds that instantly cures you of smoking. 80 percent success rate. That and counseling it will be 100. Once he is over that his lungs will function normally.

Lunchbox
11-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Me too. He is just DE a stated right now. I'm gonna start running with him and that won't be easy to do at first being 240 with metal in my back, but I'll do it for him. That way he will be ready to get waiver in 6 months if he chooses to.

I also found a legit doctor place that uses a shot and some other meds that instantly cures you of smoking. 80 percent success rate. That and counseling it will be 100. Once he is over that his lungs will function normally.

Being an ex smoker I can sympathize with the difficulty of quitting. It is hard.

Will be hoping for the best outcome for your boy buddy.

baby1
11-01-2015, 02:36 PM

I am sorry Chesty. That is rough for him and even more for you being the parent. You never know why things happen the way they do but there is always some reason for it. Let us know how he, and you, are doing

chesty
11-02-2015, 04:21 AM
He called today, Sounds better. I told him to ask his commander if he can have another try before they send him home and he has to wait 6 months for the waiver. I told him even if he says no, he will know you really want to do this and be a soldier. He also told me when he gets home he is going to keep running and trainingto pass the apft , I told him I will run with him and he was like that's cool, sure. He said he wants to go back to college and if that isn't working or not his thing he will go back in with the waiver. I told him to that when he can pass the apft we will get the required exams for the waiver showing he is good to go. Then if he decides to go for it, we will get with recruiter, run and pass the apft, hand him the paper work for waiver and he should get a second chance. He was also upset because he doent get to finish and he wanted too. He is also very emotional at times, very caring person and says he has to hid that or the other recruits will call him a pussy and his di will think he is nuts and try to get him discharged. I explained to him and reminded him what the captain at his swearing in told us and them, only 1percent of the population make the choice to join the military and protect the 99 percent of America who can't or won't. And that in itself shows he has more guts than 350 million Americans and that is an awesome thing he did.

He will be fine, I'm sure I will, just hard when you can't be there for them. Thanks for the thoughts will keep up to date.

Ps, it's gonna suck for me when I start running. Haven't done it in 11 years and I'm at 240 with metal in my lower back. But it is all for my son so I'm in 100 percent.

baby1
11-02-2015, 07:21 AM
Good to hear you talked to him. It's amazing what most parents will do for their kids in spite of anything. I would do the same.. Best wishes to your son through this endeavor

Nbencze
11-02-2015, 09:39 AM
I look at it this way brother. Maybe it was meant to be. Maybe the lord has greater plans for him!

chesty
11-03-2015, 04:43 AM
Possible greater plans, just received letter today from him and he is committed to training and making it thru basic. He is changed already for the better.

Now to get his step mom to realize this and stop threatening me with leaving cause he will be coming back for a while and might choose reserves over active duty this time around. Wtf I hear that shit from her at least 1 time a month.

Ironguruera
11-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Possible greater plans, just received letter today from him and he is committed to training and making it thru basic. He is changed already for the better.

Now to get his step mom to realize this and stop threatening me with leaving cause he will be coming back for a while and might choose reserves over active duty this time around. Wtf I hear that shit from her at least 1 time a month.

Call her bluff. That usually shuts about anyone up regardless the of situation.

baby1
11-03-2015, 10:17 PM
Call her bluff. That usually shuts about anyone up regardless the of situation.

I was actually going to say the same thing earlier. Just be prepared that it may not work

chesty
11-04-2015, 01:09 PM
I have decided to do that. In the past she has said I would just be staying gone till he moves out and I told her u leave there is no coming back, this time I'm just gonna say if you really want to go I'm not going to stop you, but if you do, there is no coming back, ever.

Ironguruera
11-04-2015, 01:21 PM
I was actually going to say the same thing earlier. Just be prepared that it may not work

Like she might leave...yes this is true. I say she's doing u a favor though.