PDA

View Full Version : Life insurance

Orange24
09-03-2015, 03:09 PM
What's the best way to go about this if I'm blasting and cruising right now?

I need a couple policies

Ironguruera
09-03-2015, 03:55 PM
Depends on what tests they do but they won't be testing for juice. Usually test for nicotine, alky etc, pot, opiates

If anything your liver and cholesterol values will suck but eat an ass ton of fish, borage, krill oils and tudca and your values will be better

Orange24
09-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Depends on what tests they do but they won't be testing for juice. Usually test for nicotine, alky etc, pot, opiates

If anything your liver and cholesterol values will suck but eat an ass ton of fish, borage, krill oils and tudca and your values will be better

My liver is usually always fine. Wtf is borage oil for???

Nbencze
09-03-2015, 05:25 PM
I would get independant labs done 1st, and see where your at. If all is good then get it done.

Ebo10
09-03-2015, 05:29 PM
My wife and I just got a 500thousand dollar plan. Each of our three kids collects 500G if either one of us dies and the spouse gets I think 2000 a month or something like that. All they did was a swab in the mouth for nicotine and whatever else they can pick up from saliva ? Not much to it! The older you are the more they test tho. My wife's still in her 20's lol and I'm up in years quite a few higher is all I'm gonna say lmao. You get up near 50 it's tough getting coverage

PudgieRaubach
09-03-2015, 05:31 PM
^^I think that swab is also to check for HIV. or some are. I remember about 10 years ago I had one where a lady came to my home to specifically test that.

Big Hoss
09-03-2015, 06:06 PM
Some companies don't even do tests depending upon your age. Check into American General Life....

JRam
09-04-2015, 08:29 PM
I had an issue with this because of my BP. I was paying an insane amount b/c of it. However, when I renegotiated my contract with my company I got them to agree to provide same amount of coverage with no exam so I'm good (for now)..

ordawg1
09-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Life insuranse policies are a scam . As you get older your premium goes way up - plus you want to find out exactly what TYPE of policy you have .I " thought " mine were good - but now that I am older -I wish I would have just done another type of investment account to cover my loved ones. Talk to a financial advisor . Luckily -I opted to pay my taxes on the type I bought as I have 5 policies and cashed 2 in as not needed now.I would have been owing a bunch of tax -but was already covered . Once again - these policies vary - so either make sure you understand them - or there are MUCH better options than life insuranse guys .Once again - talk to a good finacial advisor and you might be surprised .-OD

MuscleAddiction
09-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Life insuranse policies are a scam . As you get older your premium goes way up - plus you want to find out exactly what TYPE of policy you have .I " thought " mine were good - but now that I am older -I wish I would have just done another type of investment account to cover my loved ones. Talk to a financial advisor . Luckily -I opted to pay my taxes on the type I bought as I have 5 policies and cashed 2 in as not needed now.I would have been owing a bunch of tax -but was already covered . Once again - these policies vary - so either make sure you understand them - or there are MUCH better options than life insuranse guys .Once again - talk to a good finacial advisor and you might be surprised .-OD

Good advice...

JRam
09-05-2015, 10:00 PM

Words of wisdom.

Ebo10
09-05-2015, 10:56 PM
Life insurance isn't an investment for sure ! It's only gonna be worth it if you die within 10yrs of signing up. Otherwise it was a waste of money but what if god forbid my wife and I get in a fatal car accident or something crazy. My kids will have something to make life a little easier on them for there future. For about 1000 bucks a year I have peace of mind! And I can work a little harder to make money for investments 401k etc. that's just hat we felt was best for or young growing family at this point in time. And we are locked in it will never go up what we pay.

ordawg1
09-06-2015, 01:04 AM
Life insurance isn't an investment for sure ! It's only gonna be worth it if you die within 10yrs of signing up. Otherwise it was a waste of money but what if god forbid my wife and I get in a fatal car accident or something crazy. My kids will have something to make life a little easier on them for there future. For about 1000 bucks a year I have peace of mind! And I can work a little harder to make money for investments 401k etc. that's just hat we felt was best for or young growing family at this point in time. And we are locked in it will never go up what we pay.

For an emergecy deal I understand what you are " trying" to do .But- locking in or not- tax laws and other govt rulings change and there is much better than life insuranse . 401s are another terrible investment . Trust me folks - I have seen the 401s tank and will do it again . 401s came to play when ppl thought that a company should pay a retirement . 401 s are set up for the EMPLOYER -NOT the EMPLOYEE .Smart ppl lower their standard of living and SAVE 20-30 % of their net income . If u start this young- you cant imagine how much you will be worth at age 45-50 with the roll up .You guys ( most ) are going to see your working life change over and over and the best thing to do is adjust . Most folks end up cashing in at 50 % or less (401s) and getting further behind . Most ppl my age are living on their SS and maybe a small retrement of less that 1K per month . The truth being that you need MORE when u retire -NO LESS .Unless u want to live like bums in your " Golden Years" Finance as little as possibe - and SAVE - do not SPEND . When u get older this will allow u to take vacays and do things for yourself and family beyond what u can imagine ..Do things like your own home and auto repairs . Just trying to give u guys a bit of wisdom - so I will STFU now -sorry for rant -OD ( Pops)

Orange24
09-06-2015, 01:09 AM
For an emergecy deal I understand what you are " trying" to do .But- locking in or not- tax laws and other govt rulings change and there is much better than life insuranse . 401s are another terrible investment . Trust me folks - I have seen the 401s tank and will do it again . 401s came to play when ppl thought that a company should pay a retirement . 401 s are set up for the EMPLOYER -NOT the EMPLOYEE .Smart ppl lower their standard of living and SAVE 20-30 % of their net income . If u start this young- you cant imagine how much you will be worth at age 45-50 with the roll up .You guys ( most ) are going to see your working life change over and over and the best thing to do is adjust . Most folks end up cashing in at 50 % or less (401s) and getting further behind . Most ppl my age are living on their SS and maybe a small retrement of less that 1K per month . The truth being that you need MORE when u retire -NO LESS .Unless u want to live like bums in your " Golden Years" Finance as little as possibe - and SAVE - do not SPEND . When u get older this will allow u to take vacays and do things for yourself and family beyond what u can imagine ..Do things like your own home and auto repairs . Just trying to give u guys a bit of wisdom - so I will STFU now -sorry for rant -OD ( Pops)

This is huge. It isn't about
How much you
Make, but how much you SAVE!!!

ordawg1
09-06-2015, 01:19 AM
This is huge. It isn't about
How much you
Make, but how much you SAVE!!!

EXACTLY - OD

Ebo10
09-06-2015, 09:36 AM
I didn't even think it was a rant brother! It's good to have conversations like this because too many young people aren't repaired for the future! SS isn't even gonna be around for most of us when we get there. You gotta save and you gotta put your money's in more than one place. Hey OD if you don't mind elaborating on what type of investments you would feel safe making I'd love to hear it. Or opportunities... Hint hint haha

ordawg1
09-06-2015, 07:30 PM
I didn't even think it was a rant brother! It's good to have conversations like this because too many young people aren't repaired for the future! SS isn't even gonna be around for most of us when we get there. You gotta save and you gotta put your money's in more than one place. Hey OD if you don't mind elaborating on what type of investments you would feel safe making I'd love to hear it. Or opportunities... Hint hint haha

I am not a pro advisor- but things like municipal bonds etc . Play your cards close to your chest and diversify . Stay away from real estate and such . If u do go in that direction get a real fixer upper and DO YOUR OWN WORK .If u get with a pro advisor and tell him this srategy -he/she will know what u need . Keep a list - journal - log of where you are at today - next week -next month and in a year .Most of you guys are goal oriented - so u know what I am talking about . Treat your investments like a cycle- if u aint getting gains - SWITCH IT UP !! NOW - RIGHT NOW is a great time to start - trust me on this guys -OK -now I'll shut up lol-Maybe -Thanks Pops

Ebo10
09-06-2015, 07:54 PM
I am not a pro advisor- but things like municipal bonds etc . Play your cards close to your chest and diversify . Stay away from real estate and such . If u do go in that direction get a real fixer upper and DO YOUR OWN WORK .If u get with a pro advisor and tell him this srategy -he/she will know what u need . Keep a list - journal - log of where you are at today - next week -next month and in a year .Most of you guys are goal oriented - so u know what I am talking about . Treat your investments like a cycle- if u aint getting gains - SWITCH IT UP !! NOW - RIGHT NOW is a great time to start - trust me on this guys -OK -now I'll shut up lol-Maybe -Thanks Pops
Thanks boss! Appreciate the wisdom