PDA

View Full Version : Getting old sucks!

chesty
09-20-2015, 01:35 AM
I look really good for my age, couldn't run 200 yards to save my life though. Lol. Seriously, I use my crap machine, works awesome, sleep 4 to 8 hours straight, but if I only sleep 4 hours I'm just long enough to pee, then off to sleep again for 4 more hours. I get up easily enough, but literally speaking exactly 10 to 12 hours later, it's like I can't stay awake. Like the energy switch was turned off and I have to go to bed. Wtf? I don't do anything strenuous during day, work or work on my photography. I lift hard 3 or 4 days a week. Any other old Fuckers here having g this problem?

My buddy from the Marines and my High School has same issue. We were at a restaurant and both of us at exactly 10 pm started falling asleep at the table with his wife looking at us like some geriatric fools.

SFDan
09-20-2015, 12:55 PM
I'm 58 about to turn 59. Energy not the same, but I just use it differently. I lift 3-4 times a week as well and look great for my age. Still have the fire which I like.
I snore like a mother f*@er. Had the sleep test and no apnea. I'm thinking I want to see about a cpap anyway. Had a conversation with a guy the other day that said he no longer is tired in the afternoon after using it. Plus, just the added quality of sleep for recovery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

chesty
09-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Cpap is great. You definitely will not snore. My energy is good, but at exactly 10pm or so, the switch flips. Might be stress from work and wanting to fit in things and not having the time or money to go camping and do my photography like I want zaps my energy.

Ebo10
09-20-2015, 08:08 PM
Shit I'm not old as you guys in my 30's and I'm usually out by 9 lol same thing could run after my kids and play at 830 but when 9-930 comes around... Lights out! Can't imagine what it'll be like in my 50's lol be out by 6 or need a mid afternoon nap or something lol. You need to nap I bet!

chesty
09-21-2015, 03:11 AM
I would love a nap, but the weekends are so short you feel guilty for taking one. You try to cram in a ton of stuff, but only spend 15 minutes on each thing after which you feel like your spending to much time on said project, naps included.

squatpresspull
09-21-2015, 08:19 AM
I wish I had my old job back, even though I was paying 950 a month for insurance. At least, a sleep study and cpap would only cost me 80 bucks. My current job requires me to pay off the 1K deductible and I can't afford that right now.

Maybe when I drop this fat, I won't need one and I'll use the money saved for a great cycle!

baby1
09-21-2015, 08:22 AM
Guys, things could always be worse, look at the alternative. I would rather get old and just adjust

NTL
09-21-2015, 09:52 AM
I'm 44 and stay tired all the time. One reason is my job. 12hr shifts in a steelmill and it's swing shift. Between work ,drive, and gym I get 4-5 hrs sleep a day. I got on provigil and it helps some.

chesty
09-22-2015, 04:40 AM
I do pretty good on 30mg dbol and5mg of halo right before work out. Take sat and Sunday off. I would just rather not get old. It's knowing your on the down hill side to death and the slope gets steeper with each passing year. I guess I just don't want to die and if I believe it enough I won't and they will find a cure for death.

Ebo10
09-22-2015, 09:11 AM
I do pretty good on 30mg dbol and5mg of halo right before work out. Take sat and Sunday off. I would just rather not get old. It's knowing your on the down hill side to death and the slope gets steeper with each passing year. I guess I just don't want to die and if I believe it enough I won't and they will find a cure for death.

I used to feel that way! But the more I think about it.... Death isn't such a bad thing! Everyone comes and everyone goes where we goes nobody knows but life when you are old isn't very glamorous toward the end. I believe god slows you down when your old to prepare you so you grow closer to the idea that death is a blessing! When you can except that, you can stop worrying and get back to living. Death is the ultimate blessing!

Nbencze
09-22-2015, 09:56 AM
NYL my dad did 32 years at US steel swing shift. Weekly; days, 3-11, midnights. He's chilling now in a beautiful house he had built, Harley, and a SSR. So keep your head up brother. You guys are the back bone of America.

Slayer
09-22-2015, 12:42 PM
Thats some deep shit Ebo!

chesty
09-22-2015, 01:39 PM
I used to feel that way! But the more I think about it.... Death isn't such a bad thing! Everyone comes and everyone goes where we goes nobody knows but life when you are old isn't very glamorous toward the end. I believe god slows you down when your old to prepare you so you grow closer to the idea that death is a blessing! When you can except that, you can stop worrying and get back to living. Death is the ultimate blessing!

Very interesting view.