PDA

View Full Version : October is breast cancer awareness month

Big Hoss
10-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Just wanted to remind everyone that the month of October is breast cancer awareness month. Please show support by wearing something pink. Thanks!

Lunchbox
10-12-2015, 01:19 PM
Still awaiting my pink underoos to come in from Victor's Not So Secret

baby1
10-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Yes it is and God bless all the warrior women who have fought such a battle.

October is month of Pregnancy and Infant loss awareness also. Not to hijack this but I wear pink and blue this month to represent awareness of both causes. I am a Mom who lost a twin in my 2nd trimester, but was blessed with a wonderful daughter from that. Two years later I had a baby stillborn

There are several members, I have come to know here, that unfortunately have been a part of both journeys with women in their lives.

Lets all support each other and remember to be aware every month! Wear your pink with your held held high!

Big Hoss
10-12-2015, 02:23 PM
I have an aunt that's currently undergoing aggressive breast cancer treatment and her daughter (cousin) just lost a child thru miscarriage. I've been wearing pink and blue as well up at the gym and out in public as much as I can.

Big Hoss
10-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Also been wearing blue to help support our local police dept. "back the blue" for all the scrutiny they've been going thru. I told an officer that's friend of the family that my philosophy is.... "kill em all and let God sort em out." He got a big kick out of that! lol!

baby1
10-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Also been wearing blue to help support our local police dept. "back the blue" for all the scrutiny they've been going thru. I told an officer that's friend of the family that my philosophy is.... "kill em all and let God sort em out." He got a big kick out of that! lol!

I always give thanks an appreciate our officers. I personally extend that when I feel like it and do the same if I see a military man/woman. So much of what goes on in the city of Chicago is not even heard and I am sure it is the same way in other big cities

Nbencze
10-12-2015, 04:48 PM
I'm sure we have some on here....if we do thank you for what you do!

Encino_Mang
10-12-2015, 08:31 PM
Great thread I hope they find something stop this horrible illness