PDA

View Full Version : Why we should be thankful

chesty
11-08-2015, 05:05 AM
Every time I read a story about a little baby or a toddler with a terminal illness or something like autism or that they had their life cut short by assholes or abortion, I find I am disgusted with myself yelling at my son when he is full of energy and playing and I am tired and trying to relax after work.

I read about how their parents do things for them like bucket lists so they can experience the world before some evil disease robs them of their child and the child of their life.

Every time I read one of these stories I get about half way thru and then my eyes well up and I get choked up. I really get disgusted when I read about a parent/s who abuse their kids and worse. They should be burnt at the stake.

We we as a human race have such capacity for good and righteous things, we create life,art, heal, love, nurture,and more, yet we are also the most vile and evil creatures in existence. We are the only species that make war, enjoy killing and torture just for the sake of doing it ,we rape, abort babies because we don't want to be inconvenienced because of our lack of responsibility etc. we cheat on our spouses as easy as we drink a glass of water, claim to be religious and a believer, yet we are also hypocritical.

In in the end there is no good without evil, but it's the ying/yang thing. If we don't evolve soon, we as a race are doomed to extinction.

Guess my cycle has kicked in, but I do believe what I wrote.

Ironguruera
11-08-2015, 07:13 AM
Well said chesty! The thing that worries me is while yes there seems to be more evil then good lately.....it's the cultural and religious divide that concerns me.

When I was a teen it seems the melting pot of race and culture was coming together so well. The world seemed to have this except other races and cultures trend growing. It was the cool thing to do to except other races and cultures and let them assimilate into ours. It became more and more common place to see interracial marriages, kids, couples being open in public.
Now I don't see that acceptance growing in the right direction. I don't even watch the media anymore but the black vs white thing seems to have taken huge steps back in the this country as of late.

Religion divides more then ever.

We have horrible corporations like montsanto, scum politicians, Isis, alquida.

It's a wonderful world we live in lol.

That's why I come here.....restores some of my faith in mankind!

On a happy note...
My wife might have the baby tonight fellas!
Midwife better not leave to get her cell phone charger this time or I'm having the 4 yr old cut the cord and the 2 yr old deliver the baby. I should probably go sterilize some scissors just in case.......no joking! Lmao

Night gang 😎

baby1
11-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Chesty I agree 100%. It makes me angry to watch how children have to suffer from illness or bad parenting.. If I could save them all I would Our daughter is our life and we had 2 children, 1 baby we buried, that were taken from us.

It is always a great thing to see a man look past his ego and express emotions, no need to blame it on a cycle, to much estrogen , or whatever. It is awareness settling in, and with that is when good things happen and changes begins.

thanks
baby1

chesty
11-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Well said chesty! The thing that worries me is while yes there seems to be more evil then good lately.....it's the cultural and religious divide that concerns me.

When I was a teen it seems the melting pot of race and culture was coming together so well. The world seemed to have this except other races and cultures trend growing. It was the cool thing to do to except other races and cultures and let them assimilate into ours. It became more and more common place to see interracial marriages, kids, couples being open in public.
Now I don't see that acceptance growing in the right direction. I don't even watch the media anymore but the black vs white thing seems to have taken huge steps back in the this country as of late.

Religion divides more then ever.

We have horrible corporations like montsanto, scum politicians, Isis, alquida.

It's a wonderful world we live in lol.

That's why I come here.....restores some of my faith in mankind!

On a happy note...
My wife might have the baby tonight fellas!
Midwife better not leave to get her cell phone charger this time or I'm having the 4 yr old cut the cord and the 2 yr old deliver the baby. I should probably go sterilize some scissors just in case.......no joking! Lmao

Night gang 

Congrats on baby. I'm hoping wife is Preto, I'm not getting younger.

chesty
11-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Chesty I agree 100%. It makes me angry to watch how children have to suffer from illness or bad parenting.. If I could save them all I would Our daughter is our life and we had 2 children, 1 baby we buried, that were taken from us.

It is always a great thing to see a man look past his ego and express emotions, no need to blame it on a cycle, to much estrogen , or whatever. It is awareness settling in, and with that is when good things happen and changes begins.

thanks
baby1

Sorry to hear about your loss. We had two miscarriages in a row. It was hard seeing them alive on ultrasound one week and then not the next. The hard part with stuff is I have a person at work who has gotten so bad the entire group doesn't like him. He believes he is superior to every one and that his religion is the only true religion, he he has s a hypocrite, uses people to do his work because he can't do it on his own. I'll give you a hint he is s from Israel. The worst part is that my dad, grandpa, many friends are of the same religion and not anything like this. We are just baffled at work. He is only 27.

baby1
11-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. We had two miscarriages in a row. It was hard seeing them alive on ultrasound one week and then not the next. The hard part with stuff is I have a person at work who has gotten so bad the entire group doesn't like him. He believes he is superior to every one and that his religion is the only true religion, he he has s a hypocrite, uses people to do his work because he can't do it on his own. I'll give you a hint he is s from Israel. The worst part is that my dad, grandpa, many friends are of the same religion and not anything like this. We are just baffled at work. He is only 27.

thank you and sorry for your losses, as well. many people who claim to be "religious" I have often found to be the biggest of hypocrites. I know 27 is def an adult but there is so much more learning and growing to do still at that time in one's life. maybe he will grow up,lol. Maybe he is a spoiled brat who had a lot handed to him?

chesty
11-08-2015, 05:00 PM
He is a spoiled brat. He lets his in laws pay for his cell phone and told me he didn't know how to pump gas until he was 25! Wtf! Everything has been given to him on a silver platter.

baby1
11-08-2015, 05:01 PM
He is a spoiled brat. He lets his in laws pay for his cell phone and told me he didn't know how to pump gas until he was 25! Wtf! Everything has been given to him on a silver platter.

I am so glad I wasn't raised that way. Punks...ugh,lol

Ironguruera
11-08-2015, 08:06 PM
No baby yet. She isn't due until 17th so plenty of time left

chesty
11-09-2015, 02:18 AM
Let us know when the good news arrives!

Ironguruera
11-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Let us know when the good news arrives!

Wife finished last day of work yesterday. She is her own boss so she wanted to work until she didn't feel comfy anymore. She's such a trooper to have worked until 39 weeks. I always tell her to take it easy!!! She says she is fine and will stop when she feels like it's time. Some guy fucking freaked out that she was working out at the gym lol!

Any day now!

MuscleAddiction
11-10-2015, 08:12 PM
Wife finished last day of work yesterday. She is her own boss so she wanted to work until she didn't feel comfy anymore. She's such a trooper to have worked until 39 weeks. I always tell her to take it easy!!! She says she is fine and will stop when she feels like it's time. Some guy fucking freaked out that she was working out at the gym lol!

Any day now!

She will have the healthiest birth too most likely, I see some moms at the gym on treadmills ready to pop anyday...yes women are troopers, us guys would be whining like little babies...because we are lol!!!

Ironguruera
11-10-2015, 10:17 PM
She will have the healthiest birth too most likely, I see some moms at the gym on treadmills ready to pop anyday...yes women are troopers, us guys would be whining like little babies...because we are lol!!!

When she wanted to have our 1st at home all natty no drugs I wasn't to concerned. She did a triathlon and broke her arm on the bike portion at the begging of the race. She finished the remaining 10 miles of the bike ride and only threw in the towel when she started doing the run. I asked her why didn't stop sooner.....she said the bike was fine but when she started to run her arm hurt from the back and form motion during running......I knew from that point on her pain threshold was higher then average. She had our 1st 2 kids at home. She rocked it. I could tell she was close to her pain limit but she worked through it like a rock star. I just kept telling her she had it and was doing great!

MuscleAddiction
11-11-2015, 12:23 AM
When she wanted to have our 1st at home all natty no drugs I wasn't to concerned. She did a triathlon and broke her arm on the bike portion at the begging of the race. She finished the remaining 10 miles of the bike ride and only threw in the towel when she started doing the run. I asked her why didn't stop sooner.....she said the bike was fine but when she started to run her arm hurt from the back and form motion during running......I knew from that point on her pain threshold was higher then average. She had our 1st 2 kids at home. She rocked it. I could tell she was close to her pain limit but she worked through it like a rock star. I just kept telling her she had it and was doing great!

She is a warrior!!!

xdude
11-12-2015, 06:17 PM
what to be thankful for... well your health for one , how about the basics
ten toes and ten working fingers ( although I have some toes that are still not right after breaking leg...)
free from cancer, people I love , and the list goes on

I think people don't realize it can always be worse ....
and just being normal and healthy is a blessing ...
I used repair medical equipment .. and occasionally people all hooked ..in all kinds of misfortune

I find that the most unhappy people forget this ... that as long as there is life there is hope

Slayer
11-13-2015, 10:47 AM
Hit it right on the head X!

Ironguruera
11-13-2015, 11:32 AM
what to be thankful for... well your health for one , how about the basics
ten toes and ten working fingers ( although I have some toes that are still not right after breaking leg...)
free from cancer, people I love , and the list goes on

I think people don't realize it can always be worse ....
and just being normal and healthy is a blessing ...
I used repair medical equipment .. and occasionally people all hooked ..in all kinds of misfortune

I find that the most unhappy people forget this ... that as long as there is life there is hope

I am thankful for your normal post lol.

U are so right! I try to remind myself every morning when I walk my dog to literally stop and smell the flowers! Enjoy the clouds and the nature around us. I have a great dog,a job, car is paid off, a nice house, and 2 amazing kids that love me and another coming any second now. My wife puts up with my crap and is a great mother!

I'm a lucky man!

Slayer
11-13-2015, 01:52 PM
We try to better ourselves when we dont realize how lucky we are!

xdude
11-14-2015, 01:38 PM
I am thankful for your normal post lol.

I have my moments ...

Nbencze
11-14-2015, 02:00 PM
Great post chesty. I am just thankful that God gave me another day to help people. Another day to do the next right thing. I am not perfect at all, but every day I wake up I have a chance to do the right thing, and help someone. Praise the lord!