PDA

View Full Version : Living the American dream?

Layddually2
01-05-2016, 04:13 PM
Married, have kids, have owned a business almost 9yrs. I'm broke, kids are a mess, had tears running down my face today from working with pain, owe the IRS a ton, nothing I have is paid for all on credit. Everything I try to do I screw it up one way or another. I just want to be done.

NTL
01-05-2016, 05:40 PM
We all have things to overcome in our lives. Your a grown man deal with it and make it better.

Layddually2
01-05-2016, 06:01 PM
We all have things to overcome in our lives. Your a grown man deal with it and make it better.

I don't know how anymore. Either I mess things up when trying to handle them or people around me try there best to keep me from handling it. I think me and god have two different plans.

Nbencze
01-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Pray to God for guidance. As long as you yourself do the next right thing all will get better. Life on life's terms is not easy. However God is always there for us when we are not strong enough. I'll pray for you brother. God bless you

Encino_Mang
01-05-2016, 08:43 PM
I'm the biggest dipshit on the planet, don't have a dime and many would consider me man kinds biggest failure to date so backoff.

Sounds like you're working your ass off and that's better than most of the people I know that just want everything given to them.

One thing I believe is a some point all your hard work will come through in some way in the end.

You have a beautify family that needs you. Maybe a different direction is required if you keep hitting road blocks.

Oh and if anyone tells you they have it all figured out there lying to you.

Ironguruera
01-05-2016, 10:36 PM
I know u have had a ton of hurdles for a while now. Not to step on any dicks but your wife has not made things easy for you with several of your business ideas like the supplement shop idea. She also makes things harder for you guys to downsize. I feel that's a issue u can possibly work on?
I know u have said it's hard to find a good guy to hire and do the job right. Maybe try monster.com or similar websites to find qualified ppl to expand your business and far more importantly ease your work load.
U have been killing yourself physically for ages and your body is throwing in the towel. U can't keep going the way u are bro. U need to either find a way to make your business thrive and ease your personal Work load.....or venture to new things like the supplement shop.

U heard what they say? Insanity is doing the same Thing over and over yet expecting a different result......

Life is tough bro won't lie. I'm overwhelmed for sure since my 3rd kid was born. Work schedule changed for worse. I only get to see my 4 yr old if she wakes up early with me and wants to walk the dog. Otherwise she's asleep by the time I get off. I only see the wife at night and shes feeding the baby and we are taming the 2yr old while trying to choke down dinner. Sleep and repeat. If I'm lucky I get to spend a few hours with the family on the weekends when I'm not fixing things around the house or running errands.
My shoulder is fucked up and I can't train like I want too lately which is a big stress relief for me......and I barely have time lately to do it if I wanted to lately.

Point is we all have our life hurdles to deal with.

Giving up is easy. Facing our issues is the hard way.

I had a customer that blew his brains out on dec 6th. His wife called me and told me. He left behind a 3 and 5 yr old and wife can't pay the bills......don't go that route! I just had to call her and tell her if she's lucky that car I helped him restore is worth $2-3k......won't help her much.

MuscleAddiction
01-06-2016, 01:13 AM
3135 3136

Brother I feel you, been brought to my knees in tears brother but that is what God wanted, for me to seek Him and grow in my faith with Him!!! Seriously, sometime I will share my testimony but it is still going...when I was laid off my job over 2 years ago I lost a career of 23 years, but have gained so much more. You need to stop the insanity, stop thinking you are in control, give it to God and get in his word. Pray, pray daily! Shoot wife just went to dentist today, we have no dental insurance, and she needs a crown...$1300, little one turns 10 next week...birthday party, yes we all have our struggles but you gave up your right to quit when you got married and had kids. I will pray for you too, I start my day out with prayer daily.

Layddually2
01-06-2016, 05:43 AM
Thanks brothers, I really needed some support. I'm going to put my life in gods hands and see what happens. Not sure how it will work out but has to be better than where I am.

Nbencze
01-06-2016, 11:23 AM
we are here for you brother. now for a bit of my testimony. i used drugs, cheated lied, and stole since i was 13 years old. i never learned to love or accept love. my wife was going to leave me for my drug use, and unfaithfulness. i put my family through hell. i got clean and prayed every night for got to keep me clean, and for him to restore my marriage. two years later i am still clean, and over time my marriage has been restored. you may feel your prayers are empty as i did when i 1st started praying, but i promise you it will turn into the most beautiful love you could ever imagine. fake it till you make it. surround yourself with positive people. drop all dead weight. your wife will follow you on your path to the lord. it is her nature to follow you, and she will want what you have brother. god bless you brother.

Slayer
01-06-2016, 01:54 PM
When I first read this yesterday afternoon, I did not know how to respond to it. I did not want to give you bad advise or for you to take it the wrong way. All of the above responses are really great! Support is what we are for! This website may not have alot of members like other sites, but the people who are here is why I come back everyday! Hang in there and things will wokout! Never give up!

Big Hoss
01-06-2016, 02:16 PM
I was the same way... read this post right before leaving for the day and didn't know exactly how to respond to it. It was in the back of my head all evening long! Only wisdom I can give is what I always say and it is always redundant, but prayer and leaving it in God's hands and asking Him for guidance & Godly wisdom is the only thing you can do. We all have our own personal BS we're going thru.... some overwhelming and some not so, but we keep on keepin' on. I've been going thru similar type situations and problems such as yours with a close family member for the last 25 years and live with debilitating depression and I still manage to roll my ass out of bed at 5:00 am and work in the most awful weather conditions and still manage to make it at home in one piece at the end of the day all because of God's will and plan for my life. As my Dad would say.... "He's not thru with you yet." Keep it together brother and seek out support. It helps to confide in a friend(s) and vent all that crap out. I'll pray for peace for you and your family brother. Take care and stay safe...

Nbencze
01-06-2016, 03:40 PM
When I first read this yesterday afternoon, I did not know how to respond to it. I did not want to give you bad advise or for you to take it the wrong way. All of the above responses are really great! Support is what we are for! This website may not have alot of members like other sites, but the people who are here is why I come back everyday! Hang in there and things will wokout! Never give up!

bout time you hit that vip status there slaydawg......whats up pops?:rapture:

chesty
01-07-2016, 04:14 AM
Besides my health and issues, i had to file a ch 13 bc of my wifes ex husband and a tax audit that figured my taxes don't fferently than me. I also have school loans not allowed in ch 13 however djring the first five years you cannot pay on them but they still collect interest. At the he end of the ch 13 the school loans people are allowed to start collecting from me again except now i will owe more than i did at the start of ch 13 by more i mean the scbool loans will be worth more than everything i imcludex in my 13 so therefore will be worse off fiinancially than before. Way laws are written you get hosed. Mybs hool loans wilp be worth over 300k just from interesr. I should only have to pay 8-10% and f my yearly income which ch is doable butbhave to qaulify each year for 20 years. If i do that, any thi g left is written off.

My basic living expense cost so much with taxes gas etc i cant afford to do anything like vacation. It is discouraging. I feel yur pain. Maybe a ch13 or 7 can help? But dont give up ever! Remeber, your kids need you the most.

Layddually2
01-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Damn chesty I feel you on those school loans been paying my wife's school loans for 8 yrs now. Wife hasn't really worked in 6 yrs. hoping she will have a job here shortly. I have been down that ch 7 route it just came off my credit like 1 yr ago. Wife now wants me to go to school for what she did (nursing). I wouldn't mind really but I would have to get a ged and do all the before classes. Would also either have to do ch7 or figure out how to make money while in school.

chesty
01-07-2016, 01:36 PM
I know what you mean if you could make it work getting a nursing degree would be awesome. Dont give up. Never to late to start fresh.

baby1
01-07-2016, 09:01 PM
bout time you hit that vip status there slaydawg......whats up pops?:rapture:

he is good people, baby1 and fuzo approved

baby1
01-07-2016, 09:04 PM
I don't share my story but I can tell you everyone I know has one. you will get through this, you HAVE too. Your children depend on you

Slayer
01-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Thanks Baby!