PDA

View Full Version : Endocrinology test in

chesty
02-02-2016, 02:54 AM
Testosterone is 216 out of 1100. Got prescription for 10cc cyp bottle plus refill. Also found out i am diabetic. Have to see a diabetic dietician, but i already know what to do. Have to do this for about 3 months. If fasting blood sugar still over 120 then he will prescribe metformin. Nice thing is it helps in weight loss. Most likely the adipose fat. So while being diabetic means a pre-contest or contest diet is now the norm for life. Oh the joy. I hope i can have a treat now and then.

Start cardio tests friday.

squatpresspull
02-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Good luck brother. I'm half tempted to get tested for diabetes. Just too scared to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nbencze
02-02-2016, 10:47 AM
its reversible if you follow the right diet. do research brother, and god bless!

baby1
02-02-2016, 11:29 AM
Good luck brother. I'm half tempted to get tested for diabetes. Just too scared to do it.

scared of what? Just do it

baby1
02-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Good that you found some answers, chesty. With the right eating, you have the ability to NOT have diabetes. The good thing is that you know how to eat right

chesty
02-02-2016, 02:13 PM
True. It seems though that most of the high blood sugar comes from being asleep for 8 hours. Unfortunately once you have it you always do, but yes you can control with diet. Metformin if you cant, but that helps fat loss with diet and is ultra safe so i should be good.

Get tested if you let it go you will cause irreversible damage to heart and other things.

xdude
02-02-2016, 02:35 PM
well learning what is the problem is the first step...
depending on the type of Diabetes it is reversible
on the bright side ...a test script ... ;)

baby1
02-02-2016, 05:02 PM
True. It seems though that most of the high blood sugar comes from being asleep for 8 hours. Unfortunately once you have it you always do, but yes you can control with diet. Metformin if you cant, but that helps fat loss with diet and is ultra safe so i should be good.

Get tested if you let it go you will cause irreversible damage to heart and other things.

My Mom was diagnosed at age 60. Completely changed her eating and lost 60lbs. managed to not have to take anything for years but she does take Metformin now

squatpresspull
02-02-2016, 05:19 PM
scared of what? Just do it

Yes ma'am.

chesty
02-03-2016, 05:03 AM
Cutting out carbs is helping but instill get really high after meal and fasting readings. Guess its gonna take a while for thimgs to settle down

Layddually2
02-04-2016, 09:05 AM
If it's type 1 diet won't fixit but if type 2 diet can make it go away.

chesty
02-04-2016, 11:20 AM
It will be a type II diet. So far as long as i have no carbs at all it seems to come down quite a bit. But living on no carbs for next 100 years isnt gonna be fun

Ironguruera
02-04-2016, 12:09 PM
It will be a type II diet. So far as long as i have no carbs at all it seems to come down quite a bit. But living on no carbs for next 100 years isnt gonna be fun

So even quinoa, oats, yams when eaten with protein send your levels soaring?

baby1
02-04-2016, 01:51 PM

I don't think being on no carbs at all is what most diabetics need, however, for you it may be different. What is important is more complex carbs and at the right times. I am not a doc though so this is just based on my opinion and what I have seen others with type 2 do. Do what works for you and even if you start with minimal carbs, you may adjust in the future when your glucose is more stabilized.

chesty
02-05-2016, 02:58 AM
It is lower during day with minimal carbs but if i go to long between meals the leves go up. I just had mixed veggies and baked potato with salad and some pork. I think the potato bloated me out. Rice doesnt do that. Im a little nervous about any carb type so im essential sticking to cave man diet. Levels have improved, bp is way down too. Ive lost roughly 6lbs since Monday and cutting carbs. It helps to to get into a keto mode. I just checked tonight and definitely in ketosis. Not much, but i just started though.

chesty
02-05-2016, 03:02 AM
I don't think being on no carbs at all is what most diabetics need, however, for you it may be different. What is important is more complex carbs and at the right times. I am not a doc though so this is just based on my opinion and what I have seen others with type 2 do. Do what works for you and even if you start with minimal carbs, you may adjust in the future when your glucose is more stabilized.

Thanks for the advice. Part of what I am doing right now is to get into ketosis lose at least 50lbs which will get me to 190lbs. This i feel will be perfect weight for me.

I will have carbs but around every 5th day for 1 one day. When i do this weight comes off slow but i retain muscle.

Encino_Mang
02-05-2016, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the advice. Part of what I am doing right now is to get into ketosis lose at least 50lbs which will get me to 190lbs. This i feel will be perfect weight for me.

I will have carbs but around every 5th day for 1 one day. When i do this weight comes off slow but i retain muscle.

I've lost over 25lbs in about 70 days by eating less carbs and cals........with intermittent fasting and that's zero gym time because of my injury.

I'm under 200lbs for the 1st time in 5 years.

chesty
02-06-2016, 02:36 AM
I've lost over 25lbs in about 70 days by eating less carbs and cals........with intermittent fasting and that's zero gym time because of my injury.

I'm under 200lbs for the 1st time in 5 years.

That is very good indeed. I hope to hit the gym again in a few weeks

chesty
02-06-2016, 03:49 AM
I havent been under 200 in 20 years. My goal is 190 and stay there.

Encino_Mang
02-06-2016, 06:46 AM
I havent been under 200 in 20 years. My goal is 190 and stay there.

I'm a little squat faced guy.....if I could be 175 10%bf I'd be real happy!

squatpresspull
02-06-2016, 10:32 AM
I'd like to get to 15% body fat. Careless about the actual weight. If it's 260 at 15% or 400 at 15%, as long as I'm 15%. Ha

Encino_Mang
02-06-2016, 11:11 AM
I'd like to get to 15% body fat. Careless about the actual weight. If it's 260 at 15% or 400 at 15%, as long as I'm 15%. Ha

Well yea I'll take some of that..........230 for me at 15%.......and I wish myself good luck of hitting that genetic jackpot!

squatpresspull
02-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Well yea I'll take some of that..........230 for me at 15%.......and I wish myself good luck of hitting that genetic jackpot!

Yeah. It's a pipe dream for me to get to 15%, but going to try.

Encino_Mang
02-06-2016, 05:51 PM
Yeah. It's a pipe dream for me to get to 15%, but going to try.

I'm trying my best myself Squat. Diet is the hardest part for me as I'm weak :/

squatpresspull
02-06-2016, 05:52 PM
I'm trying my best myself Squat. Diet is the hardest part for me as I'm weak :/

Same here. I'm a sucker for good food.

Ironguruera
02-06-2016, 08:12 PM
I like some fried food and cheat stuff just as much as the next guy but u can eat great tasting healthy food to get lean and jacket! U don't have to be eating egg whites and plain ass oats every meal lol.

squatpresspull
02-06-2016, 11:40 PM
I like some fried food and cheat stuff just as much as the next guy but u can eat great tasting healthy food to get lean and jacket! U don't have to be eating egg whites and plain ass oats every meal lol.

But I like egg(s) whites and plain ass oats. Haha it's the burgers and donuts that get me.

chesty
02-06-2016, 11:49 PM
Im weak too, but i have done it before and i am doing it again. I just started putting my ninja blender to full use it has the nutrient extraction blades. Works great. Made tomato soup spaghetti sauce and some protein smothies. I need to get the one with 24 ounce cups though to make more convenient.

I look at it like this all of our food is chemically laden to make it taste better last longer etc. that shit isnt good for us. So by making things fresh instead of from a can. One can only do better. Ill get to 190 and 8-10% bf and stay there for eternity. Jacked and ripped with energy.

Just made salsa for superbowl tomorrow. Habeneros halepnos etc plus some regular salsa. Damn my lips burned for a half hour!

squatpresspull
02-07-2016, 02:39 AM
Im weak too, but i have done it before and i am doing it again. I just started putting my ninja blender to full use it has the nutrient extraction blades. Works great. Made tomato soup spaghetti sauce and some protein smothies. I need to get the one with 24 ounce cups though to make more convenient.

I look at it like this all of our food is chemically laden to make it taste better last longer etc. that shit isnt good for us. So by making things fresh instead of from a can. One can only do better. Ill get to 190 and 8-10% bf and stay there for eternity. Jacked and ripped with energy.

Just made salsa for superbowl tomorrow. Habeneros halepnos etc plus some regular salsa. Damn my lips burned for a half hour!

Please post up recipes. My wife bought me the Ninja 1000 Professional. I'd love to start using it. Especially to help drop this fat.

chesty
02-07-2016, 05:12 AM
Ninja website has some good recipes. just remember to not use anything with sugar in it like yogurt and almond milk unles they are sugar free. I just made tomato soup and spaghetti sauce. Soup was like restaraunt. The sauce looked just like out of a jar red color and all. Thanks to 1/4 cup red wine.

The biggest thing you will notice is the taste will seem bland because there is no added salt, sugar, preservatives and chemical flavoring.

I have been finding out that pastas breads, etc bloat me and make me feel like i swallowd a cannon ball. So stay away from those.

My blood sugar during day is much better but waking is still way high. Blood pressure much better but my resting pulse is still at 100 on avg.

The damage modern living has done and causes sucks ass!

Nbencze
02-07-2016, 10:04 AM
I'm sitting at 226 about 12% and just started a blast!! I'm hoping to
Put on 10lbs

Nbencze
02-07-2016, 10:05 AM
Ninja website has some good recipes. just remember to not use anything with sugar in it like yogurt and almond milk unles they are sugar free. I just made tomato soup and spaghetti sauce. Soup was like restaraunt. The sauce looked just like out of a jar red color and all. Thanks to 1/4 cup red wine.

The biggest thing you will notice is the taste will seem bland because there is no added salt, sugar, preservatives and chemical flavoring.

I have been finding out that pastas breads, etc bloat me and make me feel like i swallowd a cannon ball. So stay away from those.

My blood sugar during day is much better but waking is still way high. Blood pressure much better but my resting pulse is still at 100 on avg.

Fitmencook.com
Check it out guys!!!

squatpresspull
02-07-2016, 10:26 AM

Awesome. I don't normally put any salt on anything I eat. Wife gets prissy when I don't put salt/pepper on my steaks. I'll look around. Thank you

baby1
02-07-2016, 12:44 PM
stay away from any sugar substitutes, even the ones labled "natural" IMO its is better to have a little REAL sugar than chemically made crap

Encino_Mang
02-07-2016, 08:18 PM
I'm sitting at 226 about 12% and just started a blast!! I'm hoping to
Put on 10lbs

Outstanding...........how tall are you?

chesty
02-08-2016, 12:21 AM
I think natural is always better than fake. But I will just stay away from sugar as much as possible.