PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about demons and evil spirits and possession

chesty
02-08-2016, 03:54 AM
I find I rather enjoy shows and movies about the subject. When I was in Okinawa with my first wife wife, we were very into the church (pentacostal). I was raised southern baptist, then went to a methodist church in high school which is where I meant my first wife Kim. While she was pregnant we had been asked by a Col in the Air Force (I was a Marine) if we would watch his house while they went on leave to South Korea for a week I believe. One night, while out front in our car in front of his house, she was in the back seat, we started arguing, about what I dont remember, what I do remember was that at one point, she looked past me, over my left shoulder at something. I sudennly was filled with fear like I never felt before or since. I knew at that moment if I turned to look, I wpuld die. She never told me what she saw, she refused to.

I also had many other supernatural experiences while on he island. I have not been to church with any regularity since not really sure why since I know this is for real.

Nbencze
02-08-2016, 08:25 AM
My friend Tracy loves this subject. Santin is everywhere as is God. I believe when I don't devote my life to God that I open up doors for satin to come in. As an recovering addict I know dirt hand how satin uses all sorts of stuff to pull us in including music, and drugs.

baby1
02-08-2016, 08:39 AM
I have always had an interest in supernatural things. I remember taking a class in 6th grade called Science Fiction and the Supernatural! Ya think we would ever see a class like that offered now?lol Anyway, I find it very interesting. I have a strong faith but do not put it out there or impose it on others. I feel beliefs are very personal. This subject though, was a bit "out there" and I have realized I have always been interested in finding out about "different" things. Stuff like this freaks my family out and I am like " that is so cool", lol. On another note, I personally do not relate this to "Satan".

"The Church Lady" :)

chesty
02-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Satan or whatever you may call it is pure evil. Not these mass murders or serial rapists, but a pure evil. Ghosts, demons, etc exist. I am spiritual but bot religous. Religion is a scam. More people have died in the name of religion than any other means. If your Christian Jesus/God sy that all you need is faith in him/her/it, nothing more. But churches would have you believe you need them to get to heaven.

you should check out Ed and Lorraine Warren's website. They have the actual Annabelle doll locked up. Creepy.

MuscleAddiction
02-08-2016, 02:59 PM
I am a Christian, I have strong faith, reborn if you want to call it. God exists in mine and my family's life, and yes people are being killed, prisoned, tortured, and chastised for their faith, the persecuted church. We all have the freedom to believe in what we want, people should not be judged by it, and yes I understand what Baby says about keeping it personal and not pushing it onto anyone, but I surround myself with my Christian brothers and sisters, church family, and read His word. Satan exists all around us, temptation, addiction, sexual tendency, plenty of things to distract us from what is right...anyway, interesting topic...will follow along.

Big Hoss
02-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Yes demon possession does exist and it is real if you do not have the Holy Spirit residing in your heart. If you read the biblical stories in the New Testament where the disciples went out and exorcised the demons and sometimes multitudes of demons out of people that haven't accepted Jesus as their Savior; those stories are very accurate to the demon possessed people now a days. The majority of the severe mentally ill that are in insane asylums and even walking on the streets that have been labeled as "crazy" or "mentally insane" are actually demon-possessed. I have had many Bible scholars and evangelists tell me that the Ouija board, Yoga, Mediums, Fortune Tellers, and the list goes on are actually doorways that lead to demonic influence and eventually demon possession. You have to remember.... that verse in the bible.... "Satan and his angels disguise themselves as angels of light" to tempt you.
As far as "seeing ghosts", they are actually demons disguising themselves as people. Dead people are not ghosts. When you die, you immediately go to Heaven or you go to Hell. Plain and simple.

Ironguruera
02-08-2016, 04:03 PM
Dorian Yates talks about DMT usage and the ability to enter other realms of this worlds not possible otherwise. Seems very interesting.
Many things go on around us we don't comprehend or even see but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

baby1
02-08-2016, 04:29 PM
Yes demon possession does exist and it is real if you do not have the Holy Spirit residing in your heart. If you read the biblical stories in the New Testament where the disciples went out and exorcised the demons and sometimes multitudes of demons out of people that haven't accepted Jesus as their Savior; those stories are very accurate to the demon possessed people now a days. The majority of the severe mentally ill that are in insane asylums and even walking on the streets that have been labeled as "crazy" or "mentally insane" are actually demon-possessed. I have had many Bible scholars and evangelists tell me that the Ouija board, Yoga, Mediums, Fortune Tellers, and the list goes on are actually doorways that lead to demonic influence and eventually demon possession. You have to remember.... that verse in the bible.... "Satan and his angels disguise themselves as angels of light" to tempt you.
As far as "seeing ghosts", they are actually demons disguising themselves as people. Dead people are not ghosts. When you die, you immediately go to Heaven or you go to Hell. Plain and simple.

I completely disagree, BUT again, to me there is no right or wrong. It is about different beliefs, perceptions etc, imo. Based on many books I have read, and experience, I do not believe the majority of mentally ill people are demon possessed. There is much that lye in our subconscious that our mind protects us from. Interesting views here. I have been raised a Lutheran and attended 4 years of catholic school and have a strong faith in God. It's just very personal to me. Whatever one's beliefs or path are, if it works for them that's all that matters

Ironguruera
02-08-2016, 04:51 PM
I completely disagree, BUT again, to me there is no right or wrong. It is about different beliefs, perceptions etc, imo. Based on many books I have read, and experience, I do not believe the majority of mentally ill people are demon possessed. There is much that lye in our subconscious that our mind protects us from. Interesting views here. I have been raised a Lutheran and attended 4 years of catholic school and have a strong faith in God. It's just very personal to me. Whatever one's beliefs or path are, if it works for them that's all that matters

Well put. That's why I posted as I did.

Anything that has to do with religion or politics is a shit show sooner then later......I stay clear

xdude
02-08-2016, 05:35 PM
I think that men can be evil enough without find a excuse

baby1
02-08-2016, 05:39 PM

lol, truth

MuscleAddiction
02-08-2016, 06:37 PM

Yes, it is called freewill.

MuscleAddiction
02-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Well put. That's why I posted as I did.

Anything that has to do with religion or politics is a shit show sooner then later......I stay clear

Yeah I used to say the same thing because I did not know enough about it to give my opinion and feel intelligent enough to have discussions, but it is just a matter of opinion anyway if you think about it. Anyway, then I got caught in politics at my past job and was laid off. Then was brought to my knees in the past two years of my life and have been brought to my now reborn faith, faith I feel I had all along to an extent, but God showed me what was really up now. As Christians we are called to spread His word through our testimony, how Christ has worked in our lives and giving up our lives to Him. I am still I guess you can say a "Christian Under Construction", I pray daily, read His word, go to bible study, serve in our children's ministry, work with teens through training, involved in life groups like Celebrate Recovery, and surround myself like I said with like minded Christians from our church, as well as others who have reached out to my wife and I since we have been reborn...I know people have a problem with that terminology. Anyway back to politics and religion...I agree, but in the past two years I have had a BIG dose of both, but the one that has saved me is my faith and growing relationship with Christ. I will always respect others views and opinions, and won't judge others...so I hope people will give the same respect. I truly do love my brothers and sisters, and serve and help as much as I can...and will tell my testimony to whoever wants to hear it. This subject of demons, possessing, and such is fascinating...so I just will sit back and listen now.

baby1
02-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Yeah I used to say the same thing because I did not know enough about it to give my opinion and feel intelligent enough to have discussions, but it is just a matter of opinion anyway if you think about it. Anyway, then I got caught in politics at my past job and was laid off. Then was brought to my knees in the past two years of my life and have been brought to my now reborn faith, faith I feel I had all along to an extent, but God showed me what was really up now. As Christians we are called to spread His word through our testimony, how Christ has worked in our lives and giving up our lives to Him. I am still I guess you can say a "Christian Under Construction", I pray daily, read His word, go to bible study, serve in our children's ministry, work with teens through training, involved in life groups like Celebrate Recovery, and surround myself like I said with like minded Christians from our church, as well as others who have reached out to my wife and I since we have been reborn...I know people have a problem with that terminology. Anyway back to politics and religion...I agree, but in the past two years I have had a BIG dose of both, but the one that has saved me is my faith and growing relationship with Christ. I will always respect others views and opinions, and won't judge others...so I hope people will give the same respect. I truly do love my brothers and sisters, and serve and help as much as I can...and will tell my testimony to whoever wants to hear it. This subject of demons, possessing, and such is fascinating...so I just will sit back and listen now.

That's awesome MA! We haven't been to church in awhile. No excuses but I did find a nice Lutheran church in our area. they offer "traditional" and Contemporary service. I thought I preferred the traditional because, I felt the other was just different. Of course I had to see for myself, and I did like it. the good thing is I have a choice, and it depends what I am in the mood for, when I go. we have al ot of "Christian" churches that do not have the church feel to me. they are so big and business like so I prefer the other. I can tell from the moment I walk in if it is the place I like to be. What I do like is at least while in church , everyone is nice. My parents made us go to church until we were all confirmed and then we only went On Christmas and Easter. Fuzo never went to church growing up and didn't go now but if little one is in anything at all there, he NEVER misses it and goes.

MuscleAddiction
02-08-2016, 07:44 PM
That's awesome MA! We haven't been to church in awhile. No excuses but I did find a nice Lutheran church in our area. they offer "traditional" and Contemporary service. I thought I preferred the traditional because, I felt the other was just different. Of course I had to see for myself, and I did like it. the good thing is I have a choice, and it depends what I am in the mood for, when I go. we have al ot of "Christian" churches that do not have the church feel to me. they are so big and business like so I prefer the other. I can tell from the moment I walk in if it is the place I like to be. What I do like is at least while in church , everyone is nice. My parents made us go to church until we were all confirmed and then we only went On Christmas and Easter. Fuzo never went to church growing up and didn't go now but if little one is in anything at all there, he NEVER misses it and goes.

Yeah, it started with our little girl being involved in children's ministry at our church, summer camps, then we went as a family and that was it. We actually started going in April 2014, then I was laid off for a 2nd time the day after the first time we went, so like I say God brought me to Him and then began the rebuilding process in me. Just started my new job 2 weeks ago for another DPW at a local city and am back in the game...but He wanted my undivided attention for a while. So now my priorities have changed, my attitude, my pride and ego has been stripped, and all the issues I have been battling are being reconciled and life is better day by day. Our church is non-denomination Christian, we have a worship band that plays every service we sing and worship before our pastor gives his sermon, it is really cool...now I actually listen to Christian rock too.

chesty
02-08-2016, 11:32 PM
I want to make a clarification about religion and faith. To me, religion is bullshit hyprocrisy. It is a business, plain and simple. Religion kills. Faith however; is of the spirit, your soul if you will. Faith is everything. Jesus told his disciples that without faith, they can accomplish nothing, but with faith, all things are possible. Same for old Testament, when god told, I think it was Abraham to sacrifice his oldest son. God did not teally want him to kill his son in his name, he wanted Abraham to have faith in the Lord that he did not really want this. Abrahams faith was tested. Same with Job. He lost everything, his family, wealth, health, etc. But he never lost his faith in God and was rewarded tenfold. I dont agree with Gods approach all the time, but then, I am not God.

As for ghosts, demons or souls of people who have not been judged, trapped here between heaven and hell, I cannot say. But I can say of all the ghost stiries I have heard, I cant remember any that were good.

Now here is a twist. Just for thought. What if God is really a race of beings so advanced, that what they appear like to us is godlike? Imagine, we were advanced enough to yravel back in time, say 6000 years to the time of the first civilization, the Sumarians. We show up, dressed differently, talk differently, our vehicles and the way we travel cannot ne explained with the language, and then one of them die right in front of them and we use our advanced knowledge and devices to in essence, bring them back to life. Or we restore sight to a blind man or the hearing of a child, etc. Would we not be gods to them?

Just a thought.

Ironguruera
02-09-2016, 12:07 AM
I want to make a clarification about religion and faith. To me, religion is bullshit hyprocrisy. It is a business, plain and simple. Religion kills. Faith however; is of the spirit, your soul if you will. Faith is everything. Jesus told his disciples that without faith, they can accomplish nothing, but with faith, all things are possible. Same for old Testament, when god told, I think it was Abraham to sacrifice his oldest son. God did not teally want him to kill his son in his name, he wanted Abraham to have faith in the Lord that he did not really want this. Abrahams faith was tested. Same with Job. He lost everything, his family, wealth, health, etc. But he never lost his faith in God and was rewarded tenfold. I dont agree with Gods approach all the time, but then, I am not God.

As for ghosts, demons or souls of people who have not been judged, trapped here between heaven and hell, I cannot say. But I can say of all the ghost stiries I have heard, I cant remember any that were good.

Now here is a twist. Just for thought. What if God is really a race of beings so advanced, that what they appear like to us is godlike? Imagine, we were advanced enough to yravel back in time, say 6000 years to the time of the first civilization, the Sumarians. We show up, dressed differently, talk differently, our vehicles and the way we travel cannot ne explained with the language, and then one of them die right in front of them and we use our advanced knowledge and devices to in essence, bring them back to life. Or we restore sight to a blind man or the hearing of a child, etc. Would we not be gods to them?

Just a thought.

Thought provoking chesty!
It's settled I'll get some DMT and report back.....but then it would just be construed as ramblings of "the high" and not as true spiritual experience. Although many tribes have used and use drugs of sorts to enter the spirit world.