PDA

View Full Version : Found out why im tired all the time

chesty
02-26-2016, 11:13 PM
Cardio doc showed me one of my arteries was partially blocked. Looks like around 25-50%.

Get angiogram in two weeks. Most likely a stent too. But hebsaid once im recovered i can hit the training full bore.

Said heart is strong just a little stiff on the expansion. Nothing to worry about.

Lastly, my right caratoid artery in my neck has ablittle bit of plac.

Ebo10
02-27-2016, 01:45 AM
Cardio doc showed me one of my arteries was partially blocked. Looks like around 25-50%.

Get angiogram in two weeks. Most likely a stent too. But hebsaid once im recovered i can hit the training full bore.

Said heart is strong just a little stiff on the expansion. Nothing to worry about.

Lastly, my right caratoid artery in my neck has ablittle bit of plac.
Interesting stuff brother. Glad you are getting it taken care of and still a healthy bastard!

chesty
02-27-2016, 02:48 AM
I am a bastard. Healthy too. Lol

Encino_Mang
02-27-2016, 04:40 AM
What is this test called.....sounds like a good one to have done......for us old guys anyway

squatpresspull
02-27-2016, 12:00 PM
What is this test called.....sounds like a good one to have done......for us old guys anyway

I agree. I might need to look into it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chesty
02-27-2016, 02:08 PM
It is a nuclear stress test. I would recommend it.

baby1
02-27-2016, 09:12 PM
An angiogram is a pretty serious test. It is done often but they don't just go around giving them as a diagnostic type of test. good luck chesty and feel better so you can get back to training

xdude
02-27-2016, 09:30 PM
the good news is that they are forcing the artery open and blood flow is restored immediately
the bad news is they need t do this
the stint is an amazing trick is they just run it through the catheter un-compress the spring load stint
and poof it works ..
I was going to get a stint if they found any blockage ...but they didn't

good luck ,surgery is scary , but this is now a fairly common surgery now

chesty
02-28-2016, 04:39 AM
well doc showed me the blockage so I'm getting the stent. I watched some videos on it, looks really cool. I'm just not a fan of punching a hole in my femoral artery while I'm awake.

xdude
02-28-2016, 07:10 AM
you are not really awake...I don't remember it being done ..I just had a catherization ..if they need to they
would have done the stint
I was knocked up with valium or something ..and apparently the doc was talking to me ...I don't remember

the plug they used to seal is pretty clever...
it is this plastic like piece that is made of cartilage ...the body just breaks it down and seals around it ..
kind of like a really big de-solving stitch ..

baby1
02-28-2016, 09:14 AM
well doc showed me the blockage so I'm getting the stent. I watched some videos on it, looks really cool. I'm just not a fan of punching a hole in my femoral artery while I'm awake.

My father has had bypass, 6 stents, and several angiograms and he is much older than you and tough as nails. I have a feeling you are the same and you will get through this. It has to be scary so don't let anyone discount that. My father did feel the stents being done BUT he is to stubborn to ask for more meds to not feel anything. If you feel it, ask for more, why suffer? Good luck Chesty! I hope this makes you start feeling better

chesty
02-28-2016, 03:12 PM
That sounds interesting. I just hope the pain and being dizzy and short of breath gies away. This is so annoying. I cant hike or anything without feeling exgausted and out of breath.

Encino_Mang
02-29-2016, 04:56 AM
you are not really awake...I don't remember it being done ..I just had a catherization ..if they need to they
would have done the stint
I was knocked up with valium or something ..and apparently the doc was talking to me ...I don't remember

the plug they used to seal is pretty clever...
it is this plastic like piece that is made of cartilage ...the body just breaks it down and seals around it ..
kind of like a really big de-solving stitch ..

Probably like something they gave me for oral surgery.

chesty
03-02-2016, 02:19 AM
Most likely a valium versaid cocktail or some propafol. Just enough prop and you would let them cut your nuts off and cook em. Getting versaid is cool as it causes amnesia so you wouldnt remember shit afterwards.

squatpresspull
03-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Chesty, do you remember or do this now? I notice I stretch a lot, like the wake up in the morning and you stretch out and it feels so good. I do this through out the day everyday. I read it's like a yawn to get oxygenated blood to your joints and muscles.

Just everyday and about two hours apart, I get into a full body stretch and its a good hard stretch.

I've been feeling very tired and wore out the last few weeks. As noted in my PJ log, I've fallen asleep at work a few times.

So I'm curious if you have experienced this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chesty
03-16-2016, 04:04 AM
I love to stretch a lot. I sometimes get exhausted at work and it is quite difficult to stay awake. I will stretch at work when I can to.

Surgery is 22 March. All should be well I hope.