PDA

View Full Version : Lunchbox- just checking on you

baby1
03-23-2016, 07:44 AM
Just checking in with another young old geriatric,lol. A couple of us are done with going under and a couple more to go. I wish you the best and a good outcome from surgery. What a Marc we have had!!!

Manny1983
03-27-2016, 03:03 PM
Just checking in with another young old geriatric,lol. A couple of us are done with going under and a couple more to go. I wish you the best and a good outcome from surgery. What a Marc we have had!!!

His surgery got pushed back due to getting sick

MuscleAddiction
03-27-2016, 04:04 PM
His surgery got pushed back due to getting sick

Yep, he is starting to feel better but surgery has been put off for now.

Big Hoss
03-28-2016, 01:25 PM
That's gotta suck. I know he was anxious to get it done and over with once and for all.

Lunchbox
03-28-2016, 02:19 PM
Thank you baby for the check up post!

Yes, Surgery has been postponed till the 28th of April.

I came down with a horrid viral infection of sorts. Cold, cough, congestion and fever.... You know all the fun stuff.

Hit me like a ton of bricks. Missed a full week at work and just returned today. I would say I am about 60% better.

The worst part is the fever not breaking for about 3 days.

MA sent me a recipe for a drink to boost immune system and I've been using everyday since! Takes a bit to get used to the flavor but the overload on Vitamin C I have to believe is helping.

And... You can live of of sugar free Jello and fresh pears for 4 days!!!

Slayer
03-28-2016, 02:29 PM
Good to hear you are getting it under control!

chesty
03-28-2016, 02:33 PM
Good luck. Feel better.

mookymonkey
03-28-2016, 03:05 PM
just got the same thing on Friday lunch... its like a " how sore can you get, everything hurts, weight loss thing" doc's pretty sure it was the flu and we caught it early so he put me on the Tamiflu gig. temp is still up and down 4 days in... sucks but I guess it could be worse... feel better bro... mark

Lunchbox
04-28-2016, 05:59 PM
Just got home from surgery. I am a one arm bandit for about 4 weeks!!!

Shaved the bone, reinforced the effected area and anchored everything back in with some pins.

Didn't have to snip the Bicep tendon and re anchor it to a different spot... That's good news

On the couch recovering and learning to do all sorts of things with my left hand/arm.

MuscleAddiction
04-28-2016, 06:38 PM
Just got home from surgery. I am a one arm bandit for about 4 weeks!!!

Shaved the bone, reinforced the effected area and anchored everything back in with some pins.

Didn't have to snip the Bicep tendon and re anchor it to a different spot... That's good news

On the couch recovering and learning to do all sorts of things with my left hand/arm.

Glad it all went well brother...in and out, that was pretty fast. Surgery was this morning? You are typing with one hand like a bird eating birdseed lol!?!?

Lunchbox
04-28-2016, 06:48 PM
Glad it all went well brother...in and out, that was pretty fast. Surgery was this morning? You are typing with one hand like a bird eating birdseed lol!?!?

Lol.. Definitely a pecker now. Yea went in at 5:30am and rolled out at about 9:45.

It didn't take as long as suspected because the Bicep tendon was not trapped under the scapula. That "fix" would have added about an hour onto the surgery, three more incisions and quiet a more difficult recovery.

Supposedly I have about 6 small incisions and everything was done robotically. Not positive on that, have a follow up tomorrow at the docs and I'll get more information.

Thanks for the prayers and thought from everyone!

MuscleAddiction
04-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Lol.. Definitely a pecker now. Yea went in at 5:30am and rolled out at about 9:45.

It didn't take as long as suspected because the Bicep tendon was not trapped under the scapula. That "fix" would have added about an hour onto the surgery, three more incisions and quiet a more difficult recovery.

Supposedly I have about 6 small incisions and everything was done robotically. Not positive on that, have a follow up tomorrow at the docs and I'll get more information.

Your shoulder surgery was just as long as my Umbilical Hernia...but I stayed longer in recovery. Went in at 5:30am as well, rolled out at 12 noon. They let me sleep...

Lunchbox
04-28-2016, 06:53 PM
Your shoulder surgery was just as long as my Umbilical Hernia...but I stayed longer in recovery. Went in at 5:30am as well, rolled out at 12 noon. They let me sleep...

I was ready for some FOOD!! Lmao.

Big Hoss
04-28-2016, 06:56 PM
Get to feeling better brother.... now it's my turn to go under the knife! lol

baby1
04-28-2016, 07:07 PM

If it was done robotically, the recovery should be a little better. take it easy and listen to the doc. I have been through 3 shoulder surgeries with Fuzo and his shoulders are stronger then ever. Did you have part of the clavicle removed too? hope you can get comfortable and get some good rest cause your body needs it

Lunchbox
04-28-2016, 07:09 PM
If it was done robotically, the recovery should be a little better. take it easy and listen to the doc. I have been through 3 shoulder surgeries with Fuzo and his shoulders are stronger then ever. Did you have part of the clavicle removed too? hope you can get comfortable and get some good rest cause your body needs it

No clavicle removed, just the RTC stuff.

I'm ready for the rest!! Lol. And being babied. 😋😋😋

Lunchbox
04-28-2016, 07:10 PM
Get to feeling better brother.... now it's my turn to go under the knife! lol

Best of luck my brother! Its best if needed.

baby1
04-28-2016, 07:23 PM
No clavicle removed, just the RTC stuff.

I'm ready for the rest!! Lol. And being babied. ������

Don't milk it to much,lol

Big Hoss
04-29-2016, 10:42 AM
Best of luck my brother! Its best if needed.

Thank you bro. Got bad news on my MRI results for both shoulders. Both are going to require surgery. I'll be out of the game for at least a year. Totally bummed! :dispirited:

SFDan
04-29-2016, 11:36 AM
Glad it all went well Lunch. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lunchbox
05-05-2016, 07:33 PM
Quick update bro's and sista's.

Recovery so far has been pretty brutal. I am applying for short term disability with work so undone burn through any more paid time off days.

This is going to be an interesting healing process.

I have gotten really good at doing things with my left arm!! 💪💪💪💪

Spooning food.
Pulling my underoos up.
Wiping my booty.

Mastered!!!

MuscleAddiction
05-05-2016, 07:44 PM

Recovery so far has been pretty brutal. I am applying for short term disability with work so undone burn through any more paid time off days.

I have gotten really good at doing things with my left arm!! ��������

Spooning food.
Pulling my underoos up.
Wiping my booty.

Mastered!!!

Continuing prayers brother...I am still healing as well, guess it does take time lol. Been hitting it hard this week but it is reminding me it is still there.

Lunchbox
05-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Continuing prayers brother...I am still healing as well, guess it does take time lol. Been hitting it hard this week but it is reminding me it is still there.

Be careful my brother.

I can't even move my arm at all in any direction. Doctor said its from the restructured tendon that they reformed and anchored in at four spots.

Gonna take time.

PT starts in 4 weeks. I bet that is gonna be FUN FUN!!

Ironguruera
05-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Be careful my brother.

I can't even move my arm at all in any direction. Doctor said its from the restructured tendon that they reformed and anchored in at four spots.

Gonna take time.

Fuck that sounds awesome. Is it your dominant arm that's fucked up?

Lunchbox
05-05-2016, 08:04 PM
Fuck that sounds awesome. Is it your dominant arm that's fucked up?

You know it lol.

Ironguruera
05-05-2016, 08:10 PM
You know it lol.

Kid at work had to learn to write left handed lol. He also had a girl convinced all he could do was get BJ's cause sex hurt his shoulder lmao.....

Lunchbox
05-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Kid at work had to learn to write left handed lol. He also had a girl convinced all he could do was get BJ's cause sex hurt his shoulder lmao.....

Lmao, awesome

Ironguruera
05-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Lmao, awesome

She finally figured it out lol.

Encino_Mang
05-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Take it easy you'll be back on top in no time!

Big Hoss
05-06-2016, 11:37 AM

I have gotten really good at doing things with my left arm!! ��������

Spooning food.
Pulling my underoos up.
Wiping my booty.

Mastered!!!

Be careful my brother.

Gonna take time.

Well, I guess it gives me something to look forward to and what to expect! lol

Big Hoss
05-06-2016, 11:45 AM
How's the pain? Taking any of the 'good stuff'? lol

Lunchbox
05-09-2016, 02:38 AM
How's the pain? Taking any of the 'good stuff'? lol

It's been brutal and the doc said it would for the first week specially with the few evasive things he needed to do.

Actually yesterday was the first full 20 hours I didn't take a pain pill and I started having withdrawal systems.

Cold sweats, skin crawling, joints ached and started running a little fever. It passed after 6 hours.

I did take another last night to help me through the evening sleeping. It makes it the pain manageable.

Ebo10
05-09-2016, 09:54 AM
It's been brutal and the doc said it would for the first week specially with the few evasive things he needed to do.

Actually yesterday was the first full 20 hours I didn't take a pain pill and I started having withdrawal systems.

Cold sweats, skin crawling, joints ached and started running a little fever. It passed after 6 hours.

I did take another last night to help me through the evening sleeping. It makes it the pain manageable.
Ahh you are lucky actually, the last time I had with withdrawal symptoms they lasted almost a week. Hope u are careful about how you use your meds! Sounds like you are but a reminder never hurt right.

Nbencze
05-09-2016, 10:32 AM

I'm going to do my surgery without pain meds as I'm an addict. I'm pretty scared but I know God will help me through it plus all my friends will be with me post surgery.

Big Hoss
05-09-2016, 11:59 AM
My surgeon doc said that after he had his rotator cuff surgery, applying gel ice packs that he got at the hospital or med supply store actually helped more with the pain than taking his pain meds. We'll see.........! lol

squatpresspull
05-09-2016, 01:01 PM
My surgeon doc said that after he had his rotator cuff surgery, applying gel ice packs that he got at the hospital or med supply store actually helped more with the pain than taking his pain meds. We'll see.........! lol

I agree with this. I had rotator cuff surgery (sub scapular) and the ice pack did wonders! I only used my pain meds for 3.5 days after surgery. I still like to use it after chest day or bicep day. My surgery point still stings a little after working out so I apply ice to it.

squatpresspull
05-09-2016, 01:18 PM
Also, do NOT apply heat to it. I know my dr wrote it a few times on my release papers and the nurse wrote it twice in all CAPS. haha Said it'd bring blood to the area and rip it back open. haha

Big Hoss
05-09-2016, 04:12 PM
I agree with this. I had rotator cuff surgery (sub scapular) and the ice pack did wonders! I only used my pain meds for 3.5 days after surgery. I still like to use it after chest day or bicep day. My surgery point still stings a little after working out so I apply ice to it.

He said the ice freezes the nerve endings and keeps the inflammation and swelling down. I guess it makes perfect sense!

Lunchbox
05-16-2016, 07:17 AM
Quick update.

I've been on and off the forums and available has been rough. I apologize.

Ended up getting a sub dermal infection last week. Have been on two types of antibiotics and will find out Wednesday if we will plan another surgery to go in and flush out the surgical area with a saline and antibiotic wash.

It's been a fun adventure!!

And now for your viewing pleasure!!! Infection draining!!!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160516/7db680307e9457e7e82046a72168f6a9.jpg

Slayer
05-16-2016, 09:51 AM
I hope the infection gets better LB! Stay tuff!

Big Hoss
05-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Ahhhhhh snap! That's one helluva infection. Nice looking man-scaped beard though! lol. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers brother.... keep your chin up, hang in there!

Ebo10
05-16-2016, 11:53 AM
Damn LB! That doesn't look very good at all. Hope u get well bro

SFDan
05-16-2016, 02:09 PM
Damn LB...get rid of that soon!

Big Hoss
05-31-2016, 12:03 PM
Lunch, hey brother just checking on ya to see how the healing process is going!

Lunchbox
06-23-2016, 01:41 PM
Started PT this week. Good thing she is nice with a solid booty or I would have cussed her out.

This chick is fucking brutal!!

Ah well... Need to heal this thing up.

She asked me if I've been doing any lifting at all since the surgery. I told her "Heck Yes!! Lifting Oreos to my mouth!!!"

Big Hoss
06-23-2016, 02:01 PM
Started PT this week. Good thing she is nice with a solid booty or I would have cussed her out.

She asked me if I've been doing any lifting at all since the surgery. I told her "Heck Yes!! Lifting Oreos to my mouth!!!"

LMAO!

Encino_Mang
06-25-2016, 07:42 AM

Tell her you hear that if she rubs her booty on your stuff it's helps things...