PDA

View Full Version : Squats causing headaches

Ebo10
05-24-2016, 04:36 PM
So I've been getting these really bad tension type headaches in my neck and and head while doing and after squats. I'm wondering if this is common or am I doing something wrong. Although I know my form is on point, I don't use any pad on bar and one of the guys at gym said I might be pinching a nerve that I should try a pad. But, I don't like the pad and it usually makes the bar role a little onmy traps and seems like going heavy with that could be dangerous and I think it's meant for women personally. Any suggestions? Or is it just the nature of the beast and should I just stop crying and work through it lol

Nbencze
05-24-2016, 04:41 PM
So I've been getting these really bad tension type headaches in my neck and and head while doing and after squats. I'm wondering if this is common or am I doing something wrong. Although I know my form is on point, I don't use any pad on bar and one of the guys at gym said I might be pinching a nerve that I should try a pad. But, I don't like the pad and it usually makes the bar role a little onmy traps and seems like going heavy with that could be dangerous and I think it's meant for women personally. Any suggestions? Or is it just the nature of the beast and should I just stop crying and work through it lol
Manta ray for squating. Stretch your neck often too bro.
http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Fitness-4662-Manta-Ray/dp/B0017DGBY8

Slayer
05-25-2016, 09:49 AM
Is the bar high on your back/neck or lower? Has the position of the bar changed recently? I have a bone bump sticking out on my back where the bar sits. Been there for years.

Ebo10
05-25-2016, 11:26 AM
Is the bar high on your back/neck or lower? Has the position of the bar changed recently? I have a bone bump sticking out on my back where the bar sits. Been there for years.
The bar sits more on my back than my neck so I'd say it sits pretty low compared to most. It's always been in same spot, but, I've noticed a lot of tightness and Spasm knots in my traps even causing pain in my shoulder so I bet it has something to do with it. I probably need to go see hum young Kim and get some luv u long time Chinese massage. But for real a nice deep tissue massage will help me wonders I bet