PDA

View Full Version : I like CT Fletcher...been listening to his videos while I train...

MuscleAddiction
07-14-2016, 12:04 PM
https://youtu.be/IkjdKkS113I

MuscleAddiction
07-14-2016, 12:41 PM
https://youtu.be/iYZj4EvLfgM

Ironguruera
07-14-2016, 01:06 PM
I do like his go to damn failure and all out mentality. However he lets some of the guys really fall apart on form. While I do realize some guys like branch train sloppy by some people standards and others go way to anal on form I just feel like while yes failure is important so is keeping good form

Slayer
07-14-2016, 01:21 PM
I dont like Branch and Johnnys form if thats what you want to call it. But it obviously works for them!

Ironguruera
07-14-2016, 02:00 PM
I dont like Branch and Johnnys form if thats what you want to call it. But it obviously works for them!

No doubt it does. I just feel like injury is around every corner for guys who train like that. Should have clarified that I'm not saying it doesn't work. Guys like branch it u watch them still hit the target muscle. Guys in the CT videos often just go terrible form for the sake of reps and are not even hitting what they are "training" was more so my point.

I laugh when guys critique huge pros on YouTube etc. it's like well clearly it's working for them! As I said I also laugh at the guy with the 5lb DB doing perfect form.....u will never get much out of that 5lb DB dude I don't care how perfect the form is lol.

There's a fine line to walk with form and still working what u want and I see guys fail going to extreme with both camps.

MuscleAddiction
07-14-2016, 02:44 PM
CT even admitted his form is not great, it was just for the motivation and his story. There was another video but it is too long...46 minutes...but it is good and I listen to them when I train, I know proper form and use it. When my coach wants me to get just a bit sloppy for the case of more reps it is hard for me to do...he laughs because he knows my form won't change...I will just fail.

Ironguruera
07-14-2016, 03:31 PM
CT even admitted his form is not great, it was just for the motivation and his story. There was another video but it is too long...46 minutes...but it is good and I listen to them when I train, I know proper form and use it. When my coach wants me to get just a bit sloppy for the case of more reps it is hard for me to do...he laughs because he knows my form won't change...I will just fail.

Sorry MA didn't mean to hijack the thread. CT is a motivational man and has some impressive lifts! I could see listening to his stuff! He cracks me up and talks like I do. Doesn't really care if he offends. He speaks his mind! The crazy thing is if u watch his old videos of his bench press days he was super quiet and looked way different back then. He had heart issues and changes his ways.
He has some crazy bicep curl record not sure if it still stands but I wanna say it was 225lb + strict bicep curl....I'll try to look it up

Yup 225lbs

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/Hb9le4PE5r4