PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Mr Olympia predictions ??

Ironguruera
09-05-2016, 02:17 PM
What's up gang? Has anyone been following the 2016 mr O coming up??

Lots of hype this year with Kevin levrone making the greatest Mr O comeback in history since he is 52 this year. It's true what they have been saying he grow Into a show. When he started training in May he told Palumbo he was putting on 1 lb a day! As the weeks progress he said he continues to gain 2-3 lbs a week! Amazing genetics.
He has been playing a fantastic game of chess on social media posting old pics and new pics keeping everyone guessing.
He has NOT posting any leg pics. He claims he never hit legs hard back in the day. The legs will make or break him as its a fact the legs fall off with age.
This was within the last week and rumored to be 250lbs ish.

Phil is beyond cocky this prep but he is defending champ....if he can tame the bubble gut he will do well as always with those big full muscle bellies!

Kai is out(or so it seems not sure when they last minute sigh up??).
Dexter Jackson is brining his A game and I speculate might be his last year (just a hunch.
Big Rammy is working with Chris aceto (sp?) so maybe we will finally see a peaked, conditioned Rammy!

Rolly fired that useless grandma and dialed in his bubble gut bonanza. He looks the best he ever has this year in all regards.

Victor Martinez is in Kuwait hitting it hard.

There is of course flexatron Rhodin and some huge up n comers this year.

Should be a great show down! Would love it Kai and wolf could be there though. I'm a big levrone fan so while I am routing for him without seeing the legs......hard to say!

xdude
09-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Where did you hear Kai was out , he won the Arnold so he qualified
here is the list of who qualifies http://mrolympia.com/2016/mr-olympia
Has him listed as qualified , (WTF did William Bonac win best dreadlocks?)

looks like Branch is finally out..with only 8 points I don't think he qualifies unless there are more drop outs..
Wolfe is a bout 180 Lbs and still trying to recover ... cut him some slack.. I don't see him competing

I have not heard anything about Phil...thought he keeping a low profile , same with Rhodin and Martinez
ramy and roelly if in shape etc.

well as always it is who comes in hardest and with the best over all package..
as far as I can see this year more up for grabs then most years..

we have seen some great early pics, but any screw up now and those pics don't matter ...

xdude
09-05-2016, 07:23 PM
saw this recent video of Dennis Wolf, shows his current size ( he probably make the cut for the 212's)

http://clips.team-andro.com/watch/9041baf61ea3cf8b7dd7/snippet-02-09-05-16-iron-fire

Ironguruera
09-05-2016, 08:56 PM
saw this recent video of Dennis Wolf, shows his current size ( he probably make the cut for the 212's)

http://clips.team-andro.com/watch/9041baf61ea3cf8b7dd7/snippet-02-09-05-16-iron-fire

He had back surgery. If he has half a brain he will sit this one out!

Ironguruera
09-05-2016, 08:59 PM
Where did you hear Kai was out , he won the Arnold so he qualified
Has him listed as qualified , (WTF did William Bonac win best dreadlocks?)

looks like Branch is finally out..with only 8 points I don't think he qualifies unless there are more drop outs..
Wolfe is a bout 180 Lbs and still trying to recover ... cut him some slack.. I don't see him competing

I have not heard anything about Phil...thought he keeping a low profile , same with Rhodin and Martinez
ramy and roelly if in shape etc.

well as always it is who comes in hardest and with the best over all package..
as far as I can see this year more up for grabs then most years..

we have seen some great early pics, but any screw up now and those pics don't matter ...

Sorry I didn't mean to imply Kai can not compete. He just keeps dodging it and not saying he is doing the show. Sounds like he is still jaded about the last yr mr O and doesn't want to do it. Keeps saying he will just do the Arnold. Would be awesome if he came in last minute!

Ironguruera
09-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Silly me I thought I was on a BB forum....

xdude
09-08-2016, 01:51 PM
give it some time Iggy.. I suspect there are a lot of people like me that think this year is a toss up... Phil is the favorite, ( but not a given) however the remain top 5 is a complete crap shoot .. and comes down to who dials it in ..

crypes I saw some pics of Dallas McCarver and even he looked good..

Ironguruera
09-08-2016, 02:05 PM
give it some time Iggy.. I suspect there are a lot of people like me that think this year is a toss up... Phil is the favorite, ( but not a given) however the remain top 5 is a complete crap shoot .. and comes down to who dials it in ..

crypes I saw some pics of Dallas McCarver and even he looked good..

Yeah he is the up n Comer I had in mind. 24 yrs old and 300 lbs! Keep an eye on this kid for sure!

chesty
09-09-2016, 02:42 AM
Well Kevin is a year older than me and was a guy we looked up to when we were trying to get big and ripped. So I wuld like to see him win but doubtful he will. I remember when Lou Ferigno returned, he was so big and fairly ripped that he fell thru the stage during he morning show and still did night show. I think he didn't get it because of his age cause he was massive. I think it will be a similar fate for Levrone. Sucks too, he was old school loved the nasty dingy power house gyms, etc. I would love to find a power house that was musty and smells of sweat with beat up equipment.

Anyway, hope it's Kevin.

xdude
09-11-2016, 08:16 PM
great recent pics.... Phil is looking serious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69MXIky1xsI

Ironguruera
09-11-2016, 08:37 PM
Going to be a great show!

Not sure if it's free but Amazon will be airing it!

xdude
09-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Last year I found it on you tub the next morning.al 4 hours of it.. complete with an hour and a half of test pattern
still have not gotten around to cropping that off... :)

Slayer
09-12-2016, 11:49 AM
It is broadcast live on the internet on BodyBuilding.com! I watched it live last year. Pretty cool that you can have the comforts of home while watching it live!

Ironguruera
09-12-2016, 03:22 PM
It is broadcast live on the internet on BodyBuilding.com! I watched it live last year. Pretty cool that you can have the comforts of home while watching it live!

They do usually have it.

Ironguruera
09-12-2016, 03:23 PM
The classic physique class debuts this year. Going back to the Zane style look these guys bring and insane aesthetic look!

Ironguruera
09-13-2016, 12:59 AM
Lmao I love this guys YouTube. Cracks me up!

This Dallas mcCarver kid is a fucking beast for 24 holy shit! Like Dorian Yates next evolution! Check out those calves 😮😮

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/7Hu_P0bhlRw

xdude
09-13-2016, 02:18 PM
yeah love luimarco....pretty funny guy...
he covers those synthol freaks and and showed the face book of some Iraqi, he pronounces the guys name with about 20 syllables and say "that is real Iraqi name... forget about it ... well call him Moe.. "

Big Hoss
09-13-2016, 02:40 PM
Did Cody Montgomery make the cut? He's another one to watch out for IMO.

Ironguruera
09-13-2016, 02:41 PM
yeah love luimarco....pretty funny guy...
he covers those synthol freaks and and showed the face book of some Iraqi, he pronounces the guys name with about 20 syllables and say "that is real Iraqi name... forget about it ... well call him Moe.. "

Lmfao! He usually does good with names. Way better then I can! Yeah I like his style.

xdude
09-13-2016, 04:58 PM

Slayer
09-15-2016, 09:18 AM
I would say Phil and Dexter are in the 1 and 2 spots. If Phil comes in 90% and Dexter comes in at 100% as usual, the judges may give it to Dexter. Dexter should of won last year! Dont sleep on Dexter! McCarver looks good! I would like to see him next to Ramy. We will see what Roden looks like. Charles Glass said that he will round out the top 3. If Roelly comes in shreaded, he will also round out the top 5. Just my opinion!

Ironguruera
09-15-2016, 12:59 PM
I would say Phil and Dexter are in the 1 and 2 spots. If Phil comes in 90% and Dexter comes in at 100% as usual, the judges may give it to Dexter. Dexter should of won last year! Dont sleep on Dexter! McCarver looks good! I would like to see him next to Ramy. We will see what Roden looks like. Charles Glass said that he will round out the top 3. If Roelly comes in shreaded, he will also round out the top 5. Just my opinion!

Good predictions brother!

Rammy has a serious death face last pics I saw.....has Chris aceeto figured out how to finally dial huge man??

Phil said he plans to come in shredded as hell and 3D full at 248-252 which is smaller for him with Dallas carver being closer to 300!

xdude
09-15-2016, 04:47 PM
saw this
http://mrolympia.com/2016/weekend-schedule

Iggy they have both kettle bells and rhino crossfit... ( not sure if that is Stan "Rhino" Efferdan (SP?) )

10:00 AM
Kettle-Bell (click for more info) Las Vegas Convention Center - South Hall
Free with your Expo Ticket

10:00 AM
Rhino CrossFit (click for more info) Las Vegas Convention Center - South Hall
Free with your Expo Ticket

and if we are listing people to look at .. Roelly has finally dialed in too. I have not seen Rhoden. Compton was f'ng huge a couple weeks back.
and Pac had an off the charts shoulder, waist, leg ratio at toronto pro ( yeah the pro show no one cares about lol )

xdude
09-15-2016, 06:10 PM
here is the Germans checking out Rockel 2 days out, since Wolfe is out I think he is the only German

the question is he doing 212 or regular?

http://clips.team-andro.com/watch/8c735daaccf35fcbe523/formcheck-ronny-rockel-vegasreport2016

also pretty funky gym... all done up in black and drawings of pros

xdude
09-15-2016, 06:22 PM
smalls is out, did not see him top 10 anyway

xdude
09-15-2016, 08:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH7fJsYSHFY

wow Levrone looks good

and if you want to see coverage in German, and see Dennis James speak German

http://clips.team-andro.com/watch/483d5a802a8ab1135159/fazit-pressekonferenz-markus-ruehl-dennis-james-veasreport2016

Ironguruera
09-16-2016, 11:38 AM
Levrone' back looks weak compared to Cedric. The legs don't look like much under those pants compared to Cedric either but he looks great from the front for sure......just not 2016 mr O great...

Orange24
09-16-2016, 12:48 PM
Levrone' back looks weak compared to Cedric. The legs don't look like much under those pants compared to Cedric either but he looks great from the front for sure......just not 2016 mr O great...

Agreed

Ironguruera
09-16-2016, 12:56 PM
I don't see Levrone making top 5. Top 10 if he is lucky.

Remember we have
Phil
Dexter
Rhodin
Rammy
Victor Martinez

Not in that order but that's my top 5 predictions......until I see prejudging anyways.

Orange24
09-16-2016, 01:13 PM
I don't see Levrone making top 5. Top 10 if he is lucky.

Remember we have
Phil
Dexter
Rhodin
Rammy
Victor Martinez

Not in that order but that's my top 5 predictions......until I see prejudging anyways.

Gonna come down to Dexter or Phil I think. Is Kai just bailing on the Olympia political BS? I notice he's building his business bigtime. His body is flawless In my opinion.

xdude
09-16-2016, 02:44 PM
wait , I didn't think Levrone was going to win or top 10 for that matter ...but you have to admit he looks great for a 50+ year old

we got roelly , McCarver and hell even Cedric could show ready to go ...

also a screw up by a top guy could knock him out ( granted these guys usually dot the "i"'s and cross the "t"'s so I don't see that happening)

well we will know by tomorrow

Slayer
09-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Prejudging is on tonight on Amazon.com!!!

Ironguruera
09-16-2016, 02:54 PM
Gonna come down to Dexter or Phil I think. Is Kai just bailing on the Olympia political BS? I notice he's building his business bigtime. His body is flawless In my opinion.

Kai was all pissy cause they wanted him to pay for his product brand booths last year. He caused a bit ruckus about it then said fuck it I'm not competing. Clearly he is still butt hurt about it.

Kai has a weird trap/back area and often has bubble but bonanza but when he is failed his legs and look is hard to beat. I like that torso tweak he does to change the angles of his front double bicep pose.

Orange24
09-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Kai was all pissy cause they wanted him to pay for his product brand booths last year. He caused a bit ruckus about it then said fuck it I'm not competing. Clearly he is still butt hurt about it.

Kai has a weird trap/back area and often has bubble but bonanza but when he is failed his legs and look is hard to beat. I like that torso tweak he does to change the angles of his front double bicep pose.

Gotcha. Dallas Mccarver should place higher this year. BIG guy at 307 a month or two back.

Ironguruera
09-16-2016, 03:02 PM
Prejudging is on tonight on Amazon.com!!!

Wonder if it's live only or I can watch it when I get home later ?

Ironguruera
09-16-2016, 03:03 PM
Gotcha. Dallas Mccarver should place higher this year. BIG guy at 307 a month or two back.

Crazy to think he will prob be biggest guy on stage! He is still in the 290's! Judging by big rammys death face he will be his leanest ever or at least under Dallas weigh wise.

Can't wait to see the top 5!

Orange24
09-16-2016, 03:04 PM
Crazy to think he will prob be biggest guy on stage! He is still in the 290's! Judging by big rammys death face he will be his leanest ever or at least under Dallas weigh wise.

Can't wait to see the top 5!

Which site streams it again?

xdude
09-16-2016, 03:20 PM
Which site streams it again?

www.amazon.com/mrolympia

anyone know if you can watch it through prime?
also last year it was posted in you tube by morning

MuscleAddiction
09-16-2016, 03:23 PM
Kevin looks good, even without is spray tan on, and at 48-49 years old...mad respect, as well as those guys have it for him too.

Dallas looks good and yes should place higher...

Where is Branch Warren??? Injured or did I overlook him??

Roelly looks good too...hoping to find it online as well to be able to watch, so many of my friends are there including my coach Ray Arde, he didn't qualify this year in the 212 division, but he will next year.

Don't ever count out Dexter...he may be the one to surprise us all...let's see how Phil's size and conditioning is, because we know Dexter brings the package!!!

xdude
09-16-2016, 03:59 PM

well according to the qualifying list ( if I am reading it right) Branch did not make it ,

the qualify list is top 5 point totals in the qualifying contest, and the winners of the contest.

Branch however was tied at 6th and Smalls is out , and I am not sure Rockel is doing the 212 and Wolfe is out ..

so does that means there is a slot open for Branch ? IDNK

qualifying list

http://mrolympia.com/2016/mr-olympia

oh and there are already 20 competitors (without wolf and kai ) + 4 more for point winners and you are already at 24 ( assuming rockel does main show) that is already a big line up

Ironguruera
09-16-2016, 08:58 PM
Kevin looks good, even without is spray tan on, and at 48-49 years old...mad respect, as well as those guys have it for him too.

Dallas looks good and yes should place higher...

Roelly looks good too...hoping to find it online as well to be able to watch, so many of my friends are there including my coach Ray Arde, he didn't qualify this year in the 212 division, but he will next year.

Don't ever count out Dexter...he may be the one to surprise us all...let's see how Phil's size and conditioning is, because we know Dexter brings the package!!!

Branch didn't qualify.

I have Dexter finishing top 3. He is hungry as hell this year and looked insane a few weeks ago. They don't call him the blade for nothing !

I'm excited to watch the classic physique class! It will be like modern day evolution of frank Zane! Be super insane guys in this class!

MuscleAddiction
09-16-2016, 09:49 PM
Branch didn't qualify.

I have Dexter finishing top 3. He is hungry as hell this year and looked insane a few weeks ago. They don't call him the blade for nothing !

I'm excited to watch the classic physique class! It will be like modern day evolution of frank Zane! Be super insane guys in this class!

Yeah the question is how many Classic Physique competitors will there be, the class just started at the amateur level in January, many would need to earn their Pro Cards before competing pro, then would have to qualify for The Olympia by winning a pro show...so 9 months isn't long to build up a division I would think...but who knows!!! I am going to try and watch at 7pm PST, see if I can just see some of it. I like Branch, well we will see him again.

MuscleAddiction
09-16-2016, 09:50 PM
...unless they let Pro Men's Physique cross over and just compete in that division, which is probably what they did.

Ironguruera
09-16-2016, 10:47 PM
...unless they let Pro Men's Physique cross over and just compete in that division, which is probably what they did.

I felt they were letting the physique class guys get much bigger then when the class 1st started. I like the idea of th classic physique class. Get to see the wheels and makes them have to have a perfect physique head to toe

Ironguruera
09-16-2016, 11:35 PM
Fucking Amazon keeps shitting the bed with this mr O live feed. They must be getting pounded like BB.com did 1st few years they hosted. If you stream it the juice heads will come! Lol

BB.com doesn't have it this year it seems?

Any other feeds??

Ironguruera
09-17-2016, 01:05 AM
It worked just in time!

Phil should win it unless he loses his shape tonight and Dexter or Rhodin peak more.
I have top 3
1st Phil
Toss up between Rhodin and Dexter for 2& 3rd.

Rammy looks small this yr. He tried to condition but lost his dramatic size and still is not as shredded at Phil, Rhodin or Dexter. He just doesn't stand out now.

Not sure about the rest. William looks great.

Levrone prob won't make top 10. No legs.

MuscleAddiction
09-17-2016, 02:31 AM
I was able to watch some of it...agree with Phil, Levrone legs need more work, when he was standing next to PacMan it made them look worse.

xdude
09-17-2016, 04:13 AM
let us see how long this stays up on you tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBtAXaA1nag

Ironguruera
09-17-2016, 12:17 PM
Very dissapointed Kai is not there. I agree with luiminarco......he is the only man who can really take on Phil. I think Kai is a much better poser then Phil and has some really cool poses and angles.

Orange24
09-17-2016, 01:16 PM
I was hoping to see some competitors hone in and take it from Phil but after tuning in last night no one came close. Dexter always looks great but I don't know if he looked his best....yet.

Levrone is a bb I've always loved, but he fell suuuuuuper flat. Where we're his legs?!?

Ramy just blended in, nothing special at all.

Roelly looked incredible!

Phil

William bonac

Dexter.

Call me crazy. It Bonac looks SICK!!!!

Ironguruera
09-17-2016, 04:41 PM
Bonac looks great....but he is a short man in a sea of giants(minus rolly )!

Rammy did just blend in. Luminacro cracked me up saying he will call him by his real name now cause he is "medium Rammy not big Rammy"

I never got a great view of rolly. His belly still looks big to me.

Rhodin and Dexter look great but Phil is still fuller, & larger while being as conditioned.

I love Levrone but I dunno man I don't think he should have even showed up with legs like that! U kidding me? He would kill in a master over 50 division but he has no business on the O stage like that.
Look the transformation he made in 5 months from nothing at 52 is epic. His upper body looks great and except his back is damn close to his old 90's era look which is amazing to have redone! I respect him for trying but anyone close to him should have told him look bro the legs are NOT coming back a month or so ago and called it quits IMHO. I dunno It made me feel like this was all just a hyper stunt he got paid to do to bring buzz to this years show?? I dunno....

xdude
09-17-2016, 08:10 PM
212 prejudge... there is a guy that is 160Lbs,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WkJE_fMVL8

Orange24
09-17-2016, 09:42 PM
Bonac looks great....but he is a short man in a sea of giants(minus rolly )!

Rammy did just blend in. Luminacro cracked me up saying he will call him by his real name now cause he is "medium Rammy not big Rammy"

I never got a great view of rolly. His belly still looks big to me.

Rhodin and Dexter look great but Phil is still fuller, & larger while being as conditioned.

I love Levrone but I dunno man I don't think he should have even showed up with legs like that! U kidding me? He would kill in a master over 50 division but he has no business on the O stage like that.
Look the transformation he made in 5 months from nothing at 52 is epic. His upper body looks great and except his back is damn close to his old 90's era look which is amazing to have redone! I respect him for trying but anyone close to him should have told him look bro the legs are NOT coming back a month or so ago and called it quits IMHO. I dunno It made me feel like this was all just a hyper stunt he got paid to do to bring buzz to this years show?? I dunno....

Yeah I was so pumped to see what levrone was going to bring and it was just really sad. Yeah 5 months great work but he's gonna end up dead last.

Phil looks way ahead to me at this point. Love the package he has brought. Too bad Kai isn't there. Politics aside he could give anyone in the game a run for their moneu

Ironguruera
09-18-2016, 12:18 AM
Rammy hold shit he must have put on 30 lbs!!! Battling for 2nd place!
What a transformation!

Orange24
09-18-2016, 12:55 AM
Rammy hold shit he must have put on 30 lbs!!! Battling for 2nd place!
What a transformation!

Gotta say I agreed with the calls tonight. Phil was leagues ahead of everyone but huge improvements from some of the guys. Ramy didn't look flat at all tonight, came in looking full and I'm happy for him taking 4th. Dexter getting third was fitting and Rhoden looked flawless.

I did think rolly had he held in his mid section a bit better could have pulled ahead a bit. He looked great. Bonac is just so small his back makes his back can't dwarf his waist enough but his muscle maturity was amazing! I'm a fan of his for sure. Overall a pretty fun show. If I could complain about anything it's that Kai isn't there. And he belongs there, I think he could
Beat Phil but that's a whole story that we could unpack forever. Fun fun show. Love the sport.

Ironguruera
09-18-2016, 12:59 AM
I dunno have to dis agree. Rhodin had the gut I've never seen on him. I felt Rammy and the blade looked better then Rhodin in the torso.

Phil won hands down. No one is close. He has the most size, fullness, and this year had the conditioning too. He has a great 3d look no one has.

xdude
09-18-2016, 08:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyyqhx2lzWg

212 finals no audio.... must have been a copy righted song

xdude
09-18-2016, 08:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQVJNXNjkJY

xdude
09-18-2016, 12:15 PM
well I am glad I capture that while I could !!

Slayer
09-19-2016, 10:48 AM
Branch said he was going to sit this one out months ago.

xdude
09-19-2016, 01:54 PM
well Branch didn't qualify, didn't realize how close he was though...
he was 6th last year ..so just missed there
and for points he was tied at 6th so just missed there too.

saw this interview ( done by Ruhl) and he said he was thinking he would be back.
didn't realize how short he was compared to Ruhl

http://clips.team-andro.com/watch/954338a51e72eb79aae1/markus-trifft-branch-auf-der-expo-vegasreport2016

Ironguruera
09-19-2016, 07:34 PM
Branch hasn't done well in a while now. Time to retire. He is a short guy and they never do well at those top levels. I mean who was last pro to win mr O? Columbo? Bonac looked as good as a short guy can get....next to a big guy he will always loose. U can only make a midgets back so big.

The 212 class is a midgets class. No Giants to tower over u.

xdude
09-19-2016, 08:46 PM
The 212 class is a midgets class. No Giants to tower over u.

Branch is the same height at Eduardo Correa although I don't see him loosing 38 lbs to make weight

Yeah I kind of wish he would retire though.. you don't want to see him fade ( like Nasser or others) .. leaving in 6th is still hanging in there and a respectable final placing . unless he has been fighting some injury and took some time to heal for a comeback, I doubt he would place as high.