PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's Wife or GF carry a gun?

Ironguruera
09-21-2016, 12:30 AM
My wife said the sexiest thing to me she ever has last night. "I want to get my CCW permit and carry a gun!"

We have talked about it several times before and she wasn't interested in carrying a gun daily. I was curious as to what's changed her mind ? She said since we had our last 2 kids she gets anxiety worrying about protecting the kids when I'm not around. She said all the shooting by crazy ppl on the news scare her. She said she feels defenseless right now.
I told her I totally understood how and why she felt all the ways she does.

She's been shooting with me plenty of times and loves it. I'm going to take her this weekend to try my Ruger LC9s pro I have. My buddy is going to bring his walther PPS m2. I shot his PPS and really liked it. Just saw they have the m2 out so I asked him if he had seen it. Of course he says he has one lol. Another buddy has the G43 glock. I'll see if he can come out too.
There's also the m&p shield. I have 2 m&p so didn't want a 3rd lol. I will still check it out though. Also curious about the kahr cm9 and the honor guard looks sick as hell but no way to sample it. Just gotta buy and pray lol.

I do live in a cowboy state. We can open carry most places but she would be CCW

How about u guys? Your girls carry?

Thinking of this
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160920/561e5447136ca61560eed1477daa54e6.jpg

knights
09-21-2016, 12:43 AM
My wife has had her CCW for over 10 years.....started out as protection from would be robbers to our business and evolved into protecting our lives, kids, and loved ones from everyday circumstances.

its one fucked up world we live in right now......here in the Midwest, most states including ours has legal open carry laws and very broad CCW laws. If more people open carried or carried in general......I bet your ass that terrorists, would be robbers, assailants...would think twice.

just the other day we were at a county fair and it was nice to see 20% or more of the people there open carrying.....which means at least another 30%-50% were carrying concealed.

My protection of choice while out in a t-shirt and jeans is my trusty LCP that fits in my pocket, during other times, it's my glock 40 ultra concealed under my shirt on my hip.

my wife carries either her Kel-tec P3at or LC9 depending on her mod and activity.

Ironguruera
09-21-2016, 02:21 AM
My wife has had her CCW for over 10 years.....started out as protection from would be robbers to our business and evolved into protecting our lives, kids, and loved ones from everyday circumstances.

its one fucked up world we live in right now......here in the Midwest, most states including ours has legal open carry laws and very broad CCW laws. If more people open carried or carried in general......I bet your ass that terrorists, would be robbers, assailants...would think twice.

just the other day we were at a county fair and it was nice to see 20% or more of the people there open carrying.....which means at least another 30%-50% were carrying concealed.

My protection of choice while out in a t-shirt and jeans is my trusty LCP that fits in my pocket, during other times, it's my glock 40 ultra concealed under my shirt on my hip.

my wife carries either her Kel-tec P3at or LC9 depending on her mod and activity.

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

I also have a Kel Tec p32 same size gun as your wife's but .32 cal vs .380auto.
I love the pocket pistol for ultimate comfort and concealment. I have a clip on both my ruger lc9s and Kel Tec and man can u carry so easy with them!

Truth be told any of these guns I'm looking at would all do a fine job! I'm
Just a picky gun snob lol.

The honor guard is a very cool gun. Made here in USA by a beretta and Remington designers based off all modern guns and the best features of them all. The grip texture is very unique to the gun. It's the most expensive gun in the bunch but still under $500. I would just have to fondle one before I paid the extra cheddar that's all. If it's that's much more gun.....take my money and gimmie! Lol.

I'll update this through the process of her shooting and picking her gun of choice and getting her CCW.

Layddually2
09-21-2016, 08:50 AM
Wife wants to carry she just has so much going on all the time its hard to get her to a class. She has a little walther for the house. I have my two glocks one in each truck.

Ironguruera
09-21-2016, 11:16 AM
Wife wants to carry she just has so much going on all the time its hard to get her to a class. She has a little walther for the house. I have my two glocks one in each truck.

I also really wanna check out the g43. I have a g21 and love it. Would like another glock. Easy for her to take apart. The ruger is pretty tricky to field strip.

It will be tough for her to take the class too but we will figure that out. We will get her gun. I will train her well with it then have her take the class. Some of these small guns the slide can be hard to rack. Need to be sure she can 100% operate the gun without me.

Big Hoss
09-21-2016, 03:23 PM
Shoot.... if my wife carried a gun I'd be bailing her ass out of jail everyday from all the dumbasses she'd be shooting on the highway lol.

Ironguruera
09-21-2016, 04:01 PM
Shoot.... if my wife carried a gun I'd be bailing her ass out of jail everyday from all the dumbasses she'd be shooting on the highway lol.

Lmao! My wife is like that with my car. "I love your car it's so fast!! I raced this Audi and this other car! ".

I'm like great she's doing 130 on the highway lol. I'm like why are u racing everyone?? Lol.

She wouldn't be brandishing her weapon like a chola lol. She's just wants the big bad powa hidden away if God forbid she needs it.

I had the 3 yr old helping me use the bore snake. If I play all this right I can have the women cleaning the guns 😎😎

knights
09-21-2016, 04:53 PM
I'm sure most of our wifes are strong independent women.....they tend to be the type we muscle heads gravitate to :lol:

my wife would shoot you dead, unload the whole clip on your lifeless body, drive home get a few more clips and shoot you up some more just to make sure you're really dead!

Ironguruera
09-21-2016, 07:27 PM
I'm sure most of our wifes are strong independent women.....they tend to be the type we muscle heads gravitate to :lol:

my wife would shoot you dead, unload the whole clip on your lifeless body, drive home get a few more clips and shoot you up some more just to make sure you're really dead!

Hahaha sounds like my dad. Pistol whip the carcass just to really be sure lol.

chesty
09-22-2016, 03:55 AM
Where I live we can carry open or concealed no permit required! I have a Glock 21, and will be getting many more. The way I see it is terrorist are really pussies. If they tried attacking where I live there would be so many holes in him, or her you would need zip lock bags and a squeegee to collect it all up.

I carry every where I go except when in CA. Hate that communist state.

My wife was in the Army she will use her bare hands. But she would carry concealed as well.

NTL
09-22-2016, 09:29 AM
Wife has the Ruger lcp with crimson trace . I was very impressed with the accuracy of it. I have the lc9s and like it as well.

xdude
09-22-2016, 09:34 AM
"bikini girls with machine guns":music:

Ironguruera
09-22-2016, 12:44 PM
Wife has the Ruger lcp with crimson trace . I was very impressed with the accuracy of it. I have the lc9s and like it as well.

How does she like the lcp?? My dad has one and say it's got some snap and hard to shoot. I find my ruger lc9s is very easy to shoot and accurate for how small it is. My buddy and I have "small gun" competitions sometimes makes for a fun challenge.

NTL
09-22-2016, 01:33 PM
Wife loves it. I know they improved the trigger pull last year. That's why I bought it. She can hold a baseball size group at 20 feet.

Ironguruera
09-22-2016, 03:44 PM
Wife loves it. I know they improved the trigger pull last year. That's why I bought it. She can hold a baseball size group at 20 feet.

That's perfect ! I'll grab my dads not sure what his problem is.

Ironguruera
09-22-2016, 03:45 PM

How can u tell what version it is?? I mean short of trying the trigger

NTL
09-22-2016, 08:09 PM
Google the difference in sights. The sights and trigger pull was improve on the new model. Their is all a lcp 380 pro .

Ironguruera
09-22-2016, 09:07 PM
Google the difference in sights. The sights and trigger pull was improve on the new model. Their is all a lcp 380 pro .

Ok so it's called the lcp 380 pro? I'll check it out. That's only reason I bought the LC9s pro because they redid the trigger over the original lc9.

Looking forward to taking her out this weekend.

She said she doesn't want this one. She said it's too flashy and she wants stealthy black. I found that a surprising assessment on her part. They changed the gun laws in my state and she can actually carry my gun legally so might just let her take what she wants of my ruger or Kel Tec 3281

NTL
09-22-2016, 09:15 PM
I have the lcp 380 not the pro lcp 380 . Both have the improvements .The pro have the anodized trigger with the holes in it and is supposed to be a little better trigger pull than the regular lcp.

Ironguruera
09-22-2016, 09:31 PM
I have the lcp 380 not the pro lcp 380 . Both have the improvements .The pro have the anodized trigger with the holes in it and is supposed to be a little better trigger pull than the regular lcp.

Ok I have seen them all. I know exactly what u mean.

Ironguruera
09-22-2016, 09:45 PM

I would like to add .380 to my lineup. The Kel Tec is a .32 auto caliber and it's impossible to find at any shop. Have to mail order them. .380 is more common.

However the Kel Tec has been a perfectly reliable gun for me and it weighs 7 yes 7 oz not loaded....like the ruger lcp u totally forget u have the thing on u comfort wise.

chesty
09-23-2016, 03:03 AM
Personally, a revolver is a good choice for self defense. Will never jam on you. And if your practicing six rounds is more than enough and if you need more a speed loader is as fast as a mag swap. I loved my Smith&Wessen 686 4in. It was a .357mag.

I have seen people freeze up when their semi-auto jams on them. They just sorta get dumb founded. Tap, rack, bang. Sounds simple till you need to do it for real.

NTL
09-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Best thing about a revolver is you don't have to pick up your shells .

knights
09-23-2016, 10:40 AM
I've been getting on a serious AR-15 kick lately....anybody else? I'm up to 3, 2 Bushmasters and a rock river. Never know when those damn zombies will attack!

Ironguruera
09-23-2016, 11:03 AM
Best thing about a revolver is you don't have to pick up your shells .

Funny guys I was thinking about a revolver for all these reasons. I had a hammerliss smith 442 revolver but holy fuck terrible ass trigger on it!! I'm sure there is some nicer ones out now.

Ironguruera
09-23-2016, 12:09 PM
I've been getting on a serious AR-15 kick lately....anybody else? I'm up to 3, 2 Bushmasters and a rock river. Never know when those damn zombies will attack!

I don't have one yet. Wanna put a nice scope on my .308 then I'll build an AR with my buddy

chesty
09-24-2016, 03:30 AM
I have had an AR15A2 1 to 7 twist and it was awesome. Want a few more myself. The 686 had a kick ass trigger. I took it to gunsmith to get work done to it and he said he wouldn't touch it. Trigger was perfect.

Ironguruera
09-27-2016, 11:50 PM
Ok took the wife out Sunday. She did best with and liked my Ruger LC9s pro. I let her try my little Kel Tec p32. She said "it's like a cannon! ". Lol.
The walther PPS M2 was nice I liked it. It was heavier then the Ruger and bigger.
No clue what the wife was doing but somehow she kept having issues with the walther so I said nope.

I found out that she can legally carry any of my guns for ccw so I'll just let her use my Ruger. Until I go for it and it's MIA cause she's using it.....then I'll get myself another one 👍👍
Just put some nice truglo night sights on it too....

chesty
09-28-2016, 02:37 AM
Amen to that

Willis
09-30-2016, 01:27 AM
IG- I just seen this thread. I would of brought out some stuff for y'all to shoot...Wish I seen this earlier!

This is basically what I carry in this type of clothing:

Board Shorts and T-shirt type of deal. Mainly for use when Im working on UC/EP work. LCP or Shield.

Normal street clothes, still concealed/non-vis. Glock 19

Low Vis. Glock 19, 17, or M&P9...Unless otherwise issued OCONUS due to contract.

Full Kit secondary. Glock 17 or M&P9.

There are multiple extra mags on my body unless Im carrying the LCP/Shield. At that point it is only to get me to my pack which will have my complete load out...

My wife is currently carrying a Glock 17 with some reliability mods and a S3F barrel. That 17 will be sent out to get the slide milled and have a rmr put on.

Ironguruera
09-30-2016, 02:36 AM
Guy I used to work with stopped by and another guy told me he has a m&p shield so I asked him about it. He had it on him so I checked it out. I have 2 m&p so I didn't wanna get a 3rd lol. The trigger on the shield is better then my once stock m&p is. That said I feel the trigger on the Ruger LC9s pro and the walther PPS m2 have better triggers. My buddy with g43 is coming for dinner soon so I'll check that out! Then I'll have checked out them all. The trigger on the Ruger is a longer pull but the break is the best of any trigger on these single stack 9's out so far.

That said....I'm just being a nit picky as fuck here! Any of these guns I could do anything I had to with. I'm just picking the best of the best since its for my wife. Her needs in the gun are a tiny bit different !

I had her doing slide racking drills because she said she doesn't wanna carry hot in the tube....she can not push the slide release button with her thumb or even thumbs! 😂😂. I was like babe push down on the button vs in. Her cute little finger is white and mushed pushing with all she has. Then she adds the other hand thumb and still nothing! She was like how?? I grab it with one hand and bam rack the slide via button only and grin real big at her and said" like that!"

She can rack the slide fine manually. I would just prefer she learns to use the slide release button. I've seen plenty of Newbys fuck up the guns action trying to manually rack the slide and stovepipe it! I've seen it a handful of times over the years and always with new shooters.

chesty
09-30-2016, 04:40 AM
What you describe is a common thing, even with guys. Another issue is when the shooter limp wrists the pistol when firing. This ribs some of the slide energy so it doesn't fully travel backwards to properly extract and eject shell casing so you get a jam like a stove pipe or worse.

This is is why I always recommend a revolver for self defense for those new to shooting until they have had a lot of practice with the semi auto including jam drills, reloading, moving and shooting etc.

I finally got to shoot my Glock 21 over the weekend. Man it is awesome and the power of the police rounds I was using is incredible. You get hit by this you will die or at least lose whatever limb you get hit in. :)

Ironguruera
09-30-2016, 12:33 PM
What you describe is a common thing, even with guys. Another issue is when the shooter limp wrists the pistol when firing. This ribs some of the slide energy so it doesn't fully travel backwards to properly extract and eject shell casing so you get a jam like a stove pipe or worse.

This is is why I always recommend a revolver for self defense for those new to shooting until they have had a lot of practice with the semi auto including jam drills, reloading, moving and shooting etc.

I finally got to shoot my Glock 21 over the weekend. Man it is awesome and the power of the police rounds I was using is incredible. You get hit by this you will die or at least lose whatever limb you get hit in. :)

Glock 21 is one of my favorite .45 acp. Whenever I think I wanna get something real high end I always shoot the g21 so well my buddy says keep that gun it serves u well!

Yes u are right she also limp wristed a few times and asked why the gun was doing that. I told her it was her grip. Again she looked at me funny like how could that do it?? I fired it one handed to show her it was fully operational and user error.

I haven't messed with the hammer less revolvers in a while. I had a s&w model 442 air weight was 15oz but trigger was like 12 lbs lol. Terrible. I might see what's currently out now if they improved the trigger

chesty
09-30-2016, 11:34 PM
My smith and Wesson 357 4 in had a 4.5 lb trigger dbl action and about about half that single action. Felt like ounces thigh it was so smooth. Could fire .38s from it too. Bit heavy but freaking reliable and built super well.

Ironguruera
10-01-2016, 03:00 PM
My smith and Wesson 357 4 in had a 4.5 lb trigger dbl action and about about half that single action. Felt like ounces thigh it was so smooth. Could fire .38s from it too. Bit heavy but freaking reliable and built super well.

Not sure I like the hammer in her way for ccw and yes a bit a heavy but utter epitome of reliability. Fire until the wheel is empty!

chesty
10-03-2016, 02:17 AM
I can understand needing hammerless. My favorite carry weapon is a colt 1911 or 1991 stainless in .45 ACP. Beautiful weapon. Not for the faint of heart or limp wrister.

Ironguruera
10-03-2016, 01:34 PM
I know a guy that is selling like 8 colt 1911's from a brother in law who passed. I can dig up the price/model list is u like.

My cop buddy was over and he has the glock 43. Trigger was not nearly as nice as my g21. The 43 has a stiff trigger like the M&p shield.

The Ruger has the nicest trigger so far. The take up and reset is a little long but very smooth and the break is the best hands down. Close 2nd is the walther pps m2.

The honor guard is just out because no way to handle one except wait for a gun show and see if anyone has it.

The kahr cm9 is said to have A very hard slide to rack.

Thus far going to stick with the Ruger I have. He said he had a cerakote dude so I might have him so the slide of the Ruger.

chesty
10-08-2016, 03:18 AM
Your buddy probably has what they call anew York trigger. It is a 12lb pull. Most likely required for liability reasons. Our dept required them in our g17s. I had it out in my g21 as it actually improves my grouping since it is a crisper release than stock which is spongey.

Shoot me a list of what he is sell for 1911's. Don't know what I can afford at moment since we move in 3 weeks to new house. I decided on a level 2 holster like my duty one I first used for my g21 concealed carry. I am a big dude so it isn't an issue for me plus I like the canted fed position of holster and the locking feature. This holster will not let go of pistol unless you want it to. I prefer level three but t still looking for one like this level two.

Ironguruera
10-08-2016, 02:33 PM
Your buddy probably has what they call anew York trigger. It is a 12lb pull. Most likely required for liability reasons. Our dept required them in our g17s. I had it out in my g21 as it actually improves my grouping since it is a crisper release than stock which is spongey.

Shoot me a list of what he is sell for 1911's. Don't know what I can afford at moment since we move in 3 weeks to new house. I decided on a level 2 holster like my duty one I first used for my g21 concealed carry. I am a big dude so it isn't an issue for me plus I like the canted fed position of holster and the locking feature. This holster will not let go of pistol unless you want it to. I prefer level three but t still looking for one like this level two.

The dept doesn't buy the guns anymore. They have to buy them on their own so it's just a standard glock 43 not a cop variant. The trigger wasn't that bad just not as nice as my g21.

Ruger just announced the new LCP 2 is out now. Single action trigger and totally revamped. Looks nice.

Ironguruera
10-08-2016, 02:41 PM

chesty
10-10-2016, 02:30 AM
that bushmaster ar15 baretta 92 are not bad prices. the colts are pricey. about twice what i paid for the last time. but those ar all guns i want in my stable again.

Ironguruera
10-10-2016, 02:59 AM
Not bad. I would just rather get with my buddy to build an AR.
I'm not looking for any more guns but maybe the AR.....but it killary wins might have the turn the fucker in soon lol.

Ironguruera
10-10-2016, 03:09 AM
Took the wife out again today. Man she did good today. Like really damn good. I have her my s&w m&p pro model. It's an out of the box IDPA style gun. Fiber optic front sight. Black out rears. 5" barrel and pretty damn decent stock trigger. She ran the steel plates no misses a few times today 😎 with a few guns! The other was the grand power X calibur. There is no missing with that fine ass machine. All business ready to rock n roll every time.

My cop buddies wife wants to get her CCW too and my wife and her are BFF so I'll have them take the class together.

I'll prob buy her a ruger for a CCW graduation present but I'll have something custom done. Just not sure what....yet.

Gotta make up a steel shooting gallery. She commented how much fun the steel plates are to shoot and I agree. That's why I go to the range I took her too. They have 6 plates setup on a pull cord. Shoot em down pull cord and up they pop. It's a lot of fun. But it cost us $30 each time plus whatever we pay the baby sitter plus lunch. Think we went through 300 rounds today. Expensive day!

My dad and I keep evolving with our reloading. Going to change from black poly coated to these red ones. Said to be more match grade and the cycle much cleaner. Going to order few thousand real quick here.

Layddually2
10-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Clear your pm IG

Willis
10-11-2016, 02:02 AM
IG- Did you go to Pro Gun Club? Glad the wifey did good!

And yeah build up a AR yourself. Super easy to do and you will end up with a better end result for the same money. Here is one I just did for a good buddy of mine, his first AR and will hardly shoot it. So it needed to be a pretty one with very light parts. There are a bunch of lightweight and titanium stuff on there, everything is upgraded from the trigger group to even the pistol grip bolt. haha. Its coated in a custom tan/fde/gold-ish color.

chesty
10-11-2016, 02:43 AM
it looksnlike it is from the Game Doom! i am going to get an AR here this year and more pistols and a rifle. probably another remington .308p. i have bad feeling about this election and the near future.

And now with Paul Ryans last stunt I now know the Republican party is DOA. it is even worse than the dems. at least hey stand united behind their peeps good or bad. so its time to stock up again and i will never give up my weapons. any of them.

I love steel plate shooting,it's gonna d to see the family play together. Inrepoad too, I used a Dillon 650 reloader, but sold it to a friend. use an RCBS Press single stage. Need another Dillon 650.

Ironguruera
10-11-2016, 12:07 PM
IG- Did you go to Pro Gun Club? Glad the wifey did good!

And yeah build up a AR yourself. Super easy to do and you will end up with a better end result for the same money. Here is one I just did for a good buddy of mine, his first AR and will hardly shoot it. So it needed to be a pretty one with very light parts. There are a bunch of lightweight and titanium stuff on there, everything is upgraded from the trigger group to even the pistol grip bolt. haha. Its coated in a custom tan/fde/gold-ish color.

U know anyplace to get scrap steel cheap around here? Does that range on Decatur have steel? Heard they are dicks there? Lol.

Willis
10-12-2016, 03:03 AM
Yeah one of my guys just scooped up some plate steel to make some targets for a DDM course we have coming up. Ill find out where he got it...And are you talking about Clark Shooting park out at the end of Decatur? If so, we only use there private ranges all the way at the end. They leave us alone when we go there, we drive on the range, shoot out of vehicle, etc...Ive never shot there public range before...

As soon as I find out tomorrow about the steel Ill shoot you a pm. Had a few Q's anyways about some supps.

Willis
10-12-2016, 03:09 AM
it looksnlike it is from the Game Doom! i am going to get an AR here this year and more pistols and a rifle. probably another remington .308p. i have bad feeling about this election and the near future.

Hahaha. I think its the color that makes it look that way. My work AR is pretty close to this set up. I have a different trigger group, butt stock, and lower. But the complete upper minus the comp/break is identical to my work AR. Obviously mine has goodies on it, like optic, light, IR, QD sling, etc...

If you already have a Rem 308, why dont you get a custom 308 or 300win? And then some good glass. 308 will punch out to 800m no problem at all. Also when your ready to pick up a AR come on here and we can give you some opinions on the AR Build. :-)

chesty
10-13-2016, 03:06 AM
I used to have a .308. Also a 300 winmag and wetherby. With a .308 I am good to around 1200-1500 meters, winmag/wetherby maybe 2000 meters. I will check back when ready for AR. I like Bushmaster, not sure about no carry handle or front site though. If I can get those as a removable option when I want I might consider that. Do want a 1:7 twist H-bar, maybe in an m4 version but do like full size as well.

TITAN-280
10-13-2016, 04:17 AM
Bought my wife a hammerless Smith and Wesson 38+P that she carries with her at all times.... anyone tries to mess with her or my girls it's game over. I keep some cash put back for my lawyer in case any of that ever were to happen. 😊

My dick in a box
10-13-2016, 05:25 AM
I carry my xd mod 2 9mm and my wife just recently purchased a S&W shield but she hasn't taken the class yet.

My dick in a box
10-13-2016, 05:27 AM
U know anyplace to get scrap steel cheap around here? Does that range on Decatur have steel? Heard they are dicks there? Lol.
Looks like we live in the same city! There's a few guys that make their own steel targets for a decent price. Even ordering online is a good option. I want to get one of those rubber dummies to train with.

Willis
10-14-2016, 03:24 AM
I used to have a .308. Also a 300 winmag and wetherby. With a .308 I am good to around 1200-1500 meters, winmag/wetherby maybe 2000 meters. I will check back when ready for AR. I like Bushmaster, not sure about no carry handle or front site though. If I can get those as a removable option when I want I might consider that. Do want a 1:7 twist H-bar, maybe in an m4 version but do like full size as well.

Damn you can punch out pretty far with your 308 and 300win! Im our back up DDM and personally I can efficiently and effectively hit my target tipping out at 1000 pending angle and other things...But I like to keep it at 800-900...And obviously 300win Ill punch out slightly further then that..

I can see why you want a old school carry handle and fixed front site...I mean you do have Lieutenant General Puller as your pic, which he has some General Patton blood running in him...Those are some old school hard ass motherfuckers!!...Back on subject..There is no reason "carry handle" anymore, also I would go with flip up BUIS (back up iron sights) instead of fixed front sight...Also BCM makes some really good uppers. There have a selection of barrels to choose from wether buying a complete upper or just the barrel. I run there flutted enhanced lightweight barrel on most of my ARs. They have taken some serious abuse and high rate of fire, never having problems...Also my barrel lengths range from 10.5" to 16", mostly of them are 14.5 and 16.

Willis
10-14-2016, 03:27 AM
Looks like we live in the same city! There's a few guys that make their own steel targets for a decent price. Even ordering online is a good option. I want to get one of those rubber dummies to train with.

Small world! I have a rubber dummies, there are great actually. I need more. I use that in conjunction with steel. But nothing beats running paper when its a fundamentals and accuracy type of day...Ive used the dummy in cars, behind boulders, and shoot house...They are very useful. I want to fab up there stands myself, so I can just buy the actual rubber dummy part. Stand isn't worth buying from them...

Ironguruera
10-14-2016, 12:39 PM

I think the pm system is down. Where do u know of with cheap steel? Online the shipping kills u at least the places I looked. If u have links that would be epic.

chesty
10-14-2016, 11:22 PM
Damn you can punch out pretty far with your 308 and 300win! Im our back up DDM and personally I can efficiently and effectively hit my target tipping out at 1000 pending angle and other things...But I like to keep it at 800-900...And obviously 300win Ill punch out slightly further then that..

I can see why you want a old school carry handle and fixed front site...I mean you do have Lieutenant General Puller as your pic, which he has some General Patton blood running in him...Those are some old school hard ass motherfuckers!!...Back on subject..There is no reason "carry handle" anymore, also I would go with flip up BUIS (back up iron sights) instead of fixed front sight...Also BCM makes some really good uppers. There have a selection of barrels to choose from wether buying a complete upper or just the barrel. I run there flutted enhanced lightweight barrel on most of my ARs. They have taken some serious abuse and high rate of fire, never having problems...Also my barrel lengths range from 10.5" to 16", mostly of them are 14.5 and 16.

Yeah,
I can get out there, but I will need practice as it has been a while. I was looking at one set up with flip up iron sights, as long as I have those then I am good. Hate not having good old fashioned aiming system, like having a real compass and knowing land nav instead of relying on gps like most people do these days.

I am gonna be looking at building one I hope in the next month, along with getting a Ruger Vaquero in 45. Then on to a long rifle and some more semi-autos.

On the AR15, I am used to a full barrel length, for the A2 that had an effective range of 800 meters. I would routinely shoot to 500 meters with iron sights, expert rifleman in the Marines. I have been contemplating something like an M4. Bushmaster has some pre made ones look really good. I am looking to set it up similar to the special forces version, but better. I like Trijicon's ACOG so I will most likely get one, so long as it doesn't break the bank.

if you have time, a parts list of what you would use for rifle components would be helpful in building this weapon.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3b.php?pid=TA31RCO-M4CP

Willis
10-15-2016, 01:19 AM
I think the pm system is down. Where do u know of with cheap steel? Online the shipping kills u at least the places I looked. If u have links that would be epic.

Here bro, this company is local to us..If you plan on ordering, Ill ordering some as well and get a better deal for us. One of my good buddies knows the owner.

Link: http://gotgun.us

Willis
10-15-2016, 01:38 AM
Yeah,
I can get out there, but I will need practice as it has been a while. I was looking at one set up with flip up iron sights, as long as I have those then I am good. Hate not having good old fashioned aiming system, like having a real compass and knowing land nav instead of relying on gps like most people do these days.

I am gonna be looking at building one I hope in the next month, along with getting a Ruger Vaquero in 45. Then on to a long rifle and some more semi-autos.

On the AR15, I am used to a full barrel length, for the A2 that had an effective range of 800 meters. I would routinely shoot to 500 meters with iron sights, expert rifleman in the Marines. I have been contemplating something like an M4. Bushmaster has some pre made ones look really good. I am looking to set it up similar to the special forces version, but better. I like Trijicon's ACOG so I will most likely get one, so long as it doesn't break the bank.

if you have time, a parts list of what you would use for rifle components would be helpful in building this weapon.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3b.php?pid=TA31RCO-M4CP

I agree every AR/AK should have BUIS. All mine do...I was issued a A2 once as well..I was Army not Marines though...Also depends what SF/SOF M4 your talking about. If you are referring to the real "SF" unit, that would be ODA/GB, there was a whole slew of ways to configure your load out...But I think I have an idea of what direction you mean.

I have a ACOG on one of my ARs. I love it! That was my go to glass for a long time. I ran that and canted Troy Iron flip up iron sights. I put that ACOG through hell and its still clear and day and hold a solid zero...Over time you change things up and for the last coupe years I have been running red dots with BUIS..I am currently transitioning over to a 1-6 magnification glass. I will be installing it this weekend, Ill get a pic for you. I will also put together a quick build spec for you.

Ironguruera
10-15-2016, 11:40 AM
Here bro, this company is local to us..If you plan on ordering, Ill ordering some as well and get a better deal for us. One of my good buddies knows the owner.

Link: http://gotgun.us

I'll check that out!

chesty
10-15-2016, 12:51 PM
I agree every AR/AK should have BUIS. All mine do...I was issued a A2 once as well..I was Army not Marines though...Also depends what SF/SOF M4 your talking about. If you are referring to the real "SF" unit, that would be ODA/GB, there was a whole slew of ways to configure your load out...But I think I have an idea of what direction you mean.

I have a ACOG on one of my ARs. I love it! That was my go to glass for a long time. I ran that and canted Troy Iron flip up iron sights. I put that ACOG through hell and its still clear and day and hold a solid zero...Over time you change things up and for the last coupe years I have been running red dots with BUIS..I am currently transitioning over to a 1-6 magnification glass. I will be installing it this weekend, Ill get a pic for you. I will also put together a quick build spec for you.

sounds good. inwas looking at the Marine Recon M4, but I suspect they are all pretty similar. Needs to be versatile, reliable and accurate out beyound 200 meters even with the shorter barrel. My soon to be purchased .308 will take care for of the rest.

Chesty Puller and Patton are sorely needed these days, although General Mattis is pretty good if we could get him back.

chesty
10-29-2016, 03:23 AM
Picked up an FNL Marine M4. Putting Marine TRIJICON ACOG version on it. Has flip up rear sight and getting tactical flashlight, forengrip, laser sight and tactical sling. Has 1:7 twist. I miss my full size AR-15Hbar and M16, but this one fits like a glove and feels as good as a fine woman

Ironguruera
10-29-2016, 12:31 PM
Pics!??

Ironguruera
10-29-2016, 05:38 PM
Got a sweet new scope off my buddy. Too sweet a deal to pass on. I'll mount it and take pics this weekend.

My dad said the gun show this weekend was insane busy. Could barely walk he said.

chesty
10-29-2016, 08:32 PM
As soon as the new parts are on it I will post a pic. Hopefully pick up Monday.

Pics are always good. Look fwd to urs.

Willis
10-31-2016, 03:20 AM
Chesty is this the ACOG you got? Its on my AR (dont mind my guys ARs, he is using a students one to prove it can run and gun with out problems)...Second pic is my spare ACOG on a mutant AR I threw together with spare parts to let another student use. In case your curious the mutant AR is a Warsport complete upper with upgraded billet upper receiver, Predator custom lower, BCM BCG and Ambi charging handle, Minimalist stock, and a simple cleaned up GI trigger group...Both ACOGs have the Chevron reticle. Do you know which reticle yours has?

Ironguruera
10-31-2016, 09:43 AM

Scope is mounted. Going to dial in the scope and 0 the turrets next weekend if I have time.

chesty
10-31-2016, 08:45 PM
Chesty is this the ACOG you got? Its on my AR (dont mind my guys ARs, he is using a students one to prove it can run and gun with out problems)...Second pic is my spare ACOG on a mutant AR I threw together with spare parts to let another student use. In case your curious the mutant AR is a Warsport complete upper with upgraded billet upper receiver, Predator custom lower, BCM BCG and Ambi charging handle, Minimalist stock, and a simple cleaned up GI trigger group...Both ACOGs have the Chevron reticle. Do you know which reticle yours has?

It is going to be the TA31RCO that utilizes the binding aiming concept wit red chevron made by Trijicon. That second pic looks wicked!

What kind of school you run?

chesty
10-31-2016, 08:47 PM

Scope is mounted. Going to dial in the scope and 0 the turrets next weekend if I have time.

Remington .308? Dont recognize scope. Leuopold?

Ironguruera
10-31-2016, 09:07 PM
Remington .308? Dont recognize scope. Leuopold?

Remington model 700 sps tactical in

Scope is a vortex PST FFP 5x15 x50 with illuminated reticle and sunshade.
It's a $950 scope. My buddy offered it for $500. Had never been mounted.... Couldn't pass that up! I retuned the Nikon pro staff 7 I had picked up to jump on his deal.

He didn't mention but it came with a $175 scope mount. I feel bad keeping it. Can't use it for what I want. I think I'll ask to send it back to him. I feel like I stole the scope off him as it is.

chesty
11-01-2016, 01:31 AM
Remington model 700 sps tactical in

Scope is a vortex PST FFP 5x15 x50 with illuminated reticle and sunshade.
It's a $950 scope. My buddy offered it for $500. Had never been mounted.... Couldn't pass that up! I retuned the Nikon pro staff 7 I had picked up to jump on his deal.

He didn't mention but it came with a $175 scope mount. I feel bad keeping it. Can't use it for what I want. I think I'll ask to send it back to him. I feel like I stole the scope off him as it is.

Mine was a Remington .308P Police Sniper. Shit 1 hole groups at 100 yards and almost 1 hole grouos at 200 with shelf ammo. Never got the chance to find a load for it.

Here is a picture of my new family member. accessories and more mags on the way.

chesty
11-05-2016, 04:40 AM
So I went to the range today with my M4 and found out my Marine Corps marksmanship needs some work. Didn't help that I need computer and distance glasses. My breathing sucks, and I couldn't adjust the front sight. Plus I was shooting Russian .223. Looks pretty, but seems inconsistent.

Started off hand then to a plastic rest. Looking to get the new M885 enhanced ammo. I will zero my iron sights with this from 200-500 yards/meters same with the ACOG. My reasoning is that it is highly accurate according to most accounts, consistent and will be readily available if the shit ever hits the fan. I will be reloading as well though.

Ironguruera
11-05-2016, 01:54 PM
So I went to the range today with my M4 and found out my Marine Corps marksmanship needs some work. Didn't help that I need computer and distance glasses. My breathing sucks, and I couldn't adjust the front sight. Plus I was shooting Russian .223. Looks pretty, but seems inconsistent.

Started off hand then to a plastic rest. Looking to get the new M885 enhanced ammo. I will zero my iron sights with this from 200-500 yards/meters same with the ACOG. My reasoning is that it is highly accurate according to most accounts, consistent and will be readily available if the shit ever hits the fan. I will be reloading as well though.

Some guns defiantly need some work to get to group well. Get the sights dialed in and practice until u are comfy with it.

I'm hoping to go to the ranger tomorrow with the wife. I want to dial in this new scope and teach her how to use a rifle. With the muzzle break it kicks almost like a .223. THe gun has a soft recoil pad so I think she will be ok.

I want to get one of the new Ruger LCP 2 that came out. I'll grab one shortly. They are only$270-$300 for a great pocket pistol. Hichock45 on YouTube was hitting the 80 yard gong with that damn 3" barrel 🙀🙀!

chesty
11-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Some guns defiantly need some work to get to group well. Get the sights dialed in and practice until u are comfy with it.

I'm hoping to go to the ranger tomorrow with the wife. I want to dial in this new scope and teach her how to use a rifle. With the muzzle break it kicks almost like a .223. THe gun has a soft recoil pad so I think she will be ok.

I want to get one of the new Ruger LCP 2 that came out. I'll grab one shortly. They are only$270-$300 for a great pocket pistol. Hichock45 on YouTube was hitting the 80 yard gong with that damn 3" barrel !

Woo Hoo! 80 yards with 3 inch, that's damn good.

basskiller
11-14-2016, 05:05 AM
I wish mine wasn't so damn afraid of guns.

Ironguruera
11-14-2016, 03:37 PM
I wish mine wasn't so damn afraid of guns.

Start her with a .22 long rifle caliber pistol. Like no kick. About s much as a pellet gun.

I have a nice browning buck mark pistol I always start newbies with that. Then let them try a 9mm then if they want a
.45 acp if I feel they did well with the m.

Willis
11-15-2016, 02:33 AM
Fuck it...All in 50 cal bolt action right there! She won't be scared of shit after that...The sound and surprise is what most first time female shooters are scared of..A good 50 cal doesn't really have that much kick to it, more of a push...Ive actually done that with a couple females, and they will shoot everything and anything after that. hahaha.

Ironguruera
11-16-2016, 03:06 AM
Fuck it...All in 50 cal bolt action right there! She won't be scared of shit after that...The sound and surprise is what most first time female shooters are scared of..A good 50 cal doesn't really have that much kick to it, more of a push...Ive actually done that with a couple females, and they will shoot everything and anything after that. hahaha.

Lmao! I've tricked my wife a few times. She doesn't scrutinize the details of the guns. If controls are different she knows I will tell her. Gave her a xd sub compact 3" in .40 cal. That was snappy little gun! She was like wtf this one is hard to control! Lol.
Last time we went out I left the g21 .45 out on the table for ages knowing sooner or later she would grab it. She was like shit this one wears me out!!
She enjoys it though. Once she tried the 9mm the 1st time she was like I don't like the .22 anymore lol.

chesty
11-16-2016, 03:21 AM
Nice. I saw a Barret 50 the other day, that thing is a beast!

Ironguruera
11-17-2016, 01:21 PM
Nice. I saw a Barret 50 the other day, that thing is a beast!

Yeah that shit is epic. Rich mans shit!

chesty
11-18-2016, 04:50 AM
Yep. I used the Browning M2 .50 in the Corps. I wanted to marry it!

Vicious 13
11-24-2016, 09:58 PM
Sub compact xd9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironguruera
11-25-2016, 01:41 AM
Sub compact xd9

I had a sub compact XD40. They are good guns. I had springer precision work the trigger for me. Sold it to a buddy at work. He literally about sleeps with it lol.

chesty
11-29-2016, 03:59 AM
I sleep with my M4. love lol.

Vicious 13
11-29-2016, 11:53 AM
I had a sub compact XD40. They are good guns. I had springer precision work the trigger for me. Sold it to a buddy at work. He literally about sleeps with it lol.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161129/5408c81a944edbd2c19b48fab6ee0709.jpg my new baby

chesty
11-30-2016, 04:29 AM
Nice! btw that looks like the exact same tile in my kitchen. :)

Ironguruera
11-30-2016, 12:47 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161129/5408c81a944edbd2c19b48fab6ee0709.jpg my new baby

U shoot it yet? Heard those xds in .45 are a real monster to hold onto!

Vicious 13
11-30-2016, 02:15 PM
U shoot it yet? Heard those xds in .45 are a real monster to hold onto!

Not going to lie it stings. It's my everyday carry so if I ever need it hopefully adrenaline fixes that

Ironguruera
11-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Not going to lie it stings. It's my everyday carry so if I ever need it hopefully adrenaline fixes that

I shot the glock 36 if I recall right. It's glocks single stack .45. I was shocked how shootable it is

chesty
12-01-2016, 04:20 AM
try the smith 50 revolver. it made my balls rattle together when i shot it. hurt every bone in my hand up to my shoulder when I fired it. I had a perfect stance grip etc. That thing is just a beast of satan.

Ironguruera
12-01-2016, 11:44 AM
try the smith 50 revolver. it made my balls rattle together when i shot it. hurt every bone in my hand up to my shoulder when I fired it. I had a perfect stance grip etc. That thing is just a beast of satan.

U mean the .500 magnum. It's a .50 cal round made magnum! Merica!

I've shot 3-4 rounds through one and said fuck this u can have it back lol. Insane !

chesty
12-02-2016, 04:38 AM
Yep, that's the one. My balls hurt for a week

Ironguruera
12-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Yep, that's the one. My balls hurt for a week

I was at an indoor range one day and heard a felt a thunderous boom I had never felt before at the range. I hear commotion few booths down. I peek down and see grown men laughing like school kids. I said wtf u guys shooting!?!? "500 magnum u wanna try it??" I said hell yes! It was the huge one like 13" overall. Dude had fancy wood grips on it. They looked great but the knurling started chewing up my hands before the whole wheel was empty. I said that was fun but here u go sir!
Had to try it!

Hichock45 on YouTube hits his 250 yard steel gong with that fucker a few times! Amazing skill! He also has a video where he shoots watermelons with it 😂😂

chesty
12-03-2016, 03:56 AM
I was at an indoor range one day and heard a felt a thunderous boom I had never felt before at the range. I hear commotion few booths down. I peek down and see grown men laughing like school kids. I said wtf u guys shooting!?!? "500 magnum u wanna try it??" I said hell yes! It was the huge one like 13" overall. Dude had fancy wood grips on it. They looked great but the knurling started chewing up my hands before the whole wheel was empty. I said that was fun but here u go sir!
Had to try it!

Hichock45 on YouTube hits his 250 yard steel gong with that fucker a few times! Amazing skill! He also has a video where he shoots watermelons with it 

Post a link to it! A friend of mine was with me when we went to range on break from The reserves. I heard a gun keep hitting the roof after every shot so watched this skinny ass dude fire it, was funny as hell. I fired it ancouple times then asked my Army bud if he wanted too. He said no, then was like damn Marine fired I have too. He fired it and I think he sprained every joint in his body. Nice gun, make a crazy carry weapon.

Ironguruera
12-03-2016, 11:25 AM
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/O1d7i3i0LLI

Ironguruera
12-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Sorry it was 230 yards not 250 lol
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/qfbhg22WCWs

Ironguruera
12-03-2016, 11:28 AM
And his traditional Gun review and watch him shoot it at his regular shooting gallery. Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/J-FG9ZKerGM

baby1
12-03-2016, 12:53 PM
here's a lady packin for ya...someone posted this elsewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_GJlFEXOcw

Ironguruera
12-03-2016, 01:05 PM
here's a lady packin for ya...someone posted this elsewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_GJlFEXOcw

Haha I posted that on my fb. My wife found it. I wear a belly band like that in summer. Tank top and sport shorts.... no problem!

chesty
12-04-2016, 06:35 AM
that is a lot of weapons for that little gal. i petty the fool that tries to attack her.

That 500 is truly nvts! A real rednecks pistol! Now I want one.

Ironguruera
12-04-2016, 01:02 PM
They make this small ported one if u really wanna be a badass!

chesty
12-05-2016, 04:56 AM
only if you dont mind breaking your wrist

Vicious 13
12-06-2016, 09:30 PM
Got another last nighthttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161207/3c5a2f3c36f8b267c4de90a7b38ff28b.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161207/ae5a715a482404a1e0abb837f8c85d4b.jpg

Ironguruera
12-07-2016, 03:32 PM
Got another last nighthttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161207/3c5a2f3c36f8b267c4de90a7b38ff28b.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161207/ae5a715a482404a1e0abb837f8c85d4b.jpg

That's the sub style I had. Springer precision does fantastic work to the triggers of those!

chesty
12-11-2016, 02:10 PM
very nice. next year ear I start adding to my inventory more regular like.

chesty
12-19-2016, 02:44 AM
My new Knights Armament hand guards.