PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter Balls

grind4it
07-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Here's a recipe that my daughter made. I feel it necessary to warn you; if you like peanut butter these things are addictive.

1/2 cup Natural peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered dry non-fat milk
1/4 cup non-salted peanuts
1/4 cup of honey
Cinnamon

Add the peanut butter, powdered milk and honey to a mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon, until it's a dry crumbly mix.
Put the non-salted peanuts in a quart size freezer bag. Then crush the peanuts with a rolling pin.
Place the crushed peanuts on wax paper.
Roll the peanut butter mix into eight equally sized balls.
Press the eight balls into the *crushed peanuts. You may have to pick up the balls and press the crushed peanuts by hand.
Sprinkle cinnamon on the balls.
Place the balls into container and then put the container into the refrigerator for a few hours.
Then enjoy.

The original recipe used 1/2 cup of honey and salted peanuts. My daughter made them with half the honey "because she likes her daddy ripped". The extra honey will make it easier to get the crushed peanuts to stick to the balls.

Vannesb
07-23-2012, 05:28 PM
I will have to try this!!

Bruiser
07-23-2012, 05:32 PM
I wanna try this but there's no way I'll be able to. I'm a purist when it comes to PB balls. The PB has to be mixed with powdered sugar and they GOTTA be covered in chocolate. Healthy PB balls is like Metallica with short hair... it's just not the same.