PDA

View Full Version : Early Xmas present

baby1
12-09-2016, 01:19 PM
I used to play the guitar by myself when I was younger. Something I never let anyone know I loved to do. I dont know how to play but i decided to take guitar lessons. I havent signed up yet but yesterday I was by my parents and my MOM bought me an acoustic guitar! I am so excited! There goes my neighborhood!

Big Hoss
12-09-2016, 01:36 PM
I'm starting to get back to my roots as well.... my music (writing song lyrics and my drum kit). Haven't picked up the sticks in over 25 years and just recently starting jamming again and found that I haven't "lost" that God-given talent. Anxious to practice and shake the cobwebs out and start a band. Converting a spare bedroom in my house to my "beat lab". lol

Slayer
12-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Maybe Baby and BH can get together for a jam session!

Ironguruera
12-09-2016, 02:32 PM
Enjoy taking it up baby! This thread reminds me..... my dad makes guitars and needs my help selling a bunch of Brazilian rosewood. He offered a pile of cash or a Wilson combat beretta as payment......it's a shame to have it just sitting there. Needs to be made into a gorgeous instrument to be loved and played.

baby1
12-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Maybe Baby and BH can get together for a jam session!

Well we have a guitarist, and drummer in the family already. Maybe we will start a new tradition on Xmas and have some jams. Just need someone on vocals now

Slayer
12-09-2016, 04:01 PM
What about Fuzo on vocals?!?!

MuscleAddiction
12-09-2016, 04:43 PM
I used to play too, played drums for many years elementary and middle school, then guitar was before and after...love music and playing music, but have not picked it up in a long time. Need to get back to my roots too...my whole dad's side of family plays music, my dad plays bass and guitar, also built his own too. My grandfather played percussion and the Xylophone, and piano, uncle played drums in a band...cousin currently plays in a band...it is definitely in our bloodline. Congrats Baby, enjoy and have fun! What brand guitar?