PDA

View Full Version : iphone X

xdude
09-15-2017, 07:34 PM
any one getting this beast ? $1149 wtf.
I have to admit, it looks real sweet, bigger display than the I phone 8 plus and not much bigger than iphone regular .

knights
09-16-2017, 09:14 AM
I've got a iPhone 7 plus, it was painful shelling out the $ for it, and I still don't use 70% of the functions or to its fullest abilities. I think once you get into that price category, it ain't about the functionality or features, its all about the bragging rights. Lets be realistic, who really uses all of even 1/2 of the functions on their smart phones.

SFDan
09-16-2017, 01:11 PM
I've got a 7 Plus phone myself and had the same thought- I don't take advantage of 3/4 of what it has to offer either. X looks beautiful though.

Ironguruera
09-18-2017, 01:01 PM
Phones are out of hand. U used to be able to buy the phone outright for $250 or less. Now it's $500+

I'm with you guys I have a iPhone SE which is the guts of the iPhone 6+ but in the original sized iPhones. Wife and I don't like the jumbo size of the new ones. Great for YouTube or videos but a tad too large for daily practical use if u ask me.

We also don't like how on the 7 they ditched the headphone jack....yes I know the world buys Bluetooth headphones but I'm fine with the freebies they provide they come in handy at times. Not about to spend another $100+ for Bluetooth earbuds for the rare use they get.

xdude
09-18-2017, 08:24 PM
I have a 6s plus.( yes the big one ). I thought the push feature allowing you to peak at a app was a great idea that didn't seem to pan out. The only reason I upgraded to the 6s plus was the moto g I had locked by the carrier and couldn't be patched. I went to a site called https://www.whistleout.com/ plug in the phone you want or don't want, how much up front
how long you plan on keeping it and they sort every plan out there and 1 2 and 3 year cost

moto g is still a pretty good $230 phone . buy direct from motorola and get a cheap wireless plan in the end it will save you money and an unlock phone is upgraded direct from motorola. ( where as my moto g was lock to the carrier I was stuck)

BTW there was no 7S they went straight to 8 and "x" of course. So I assume you guys have a 7

Willis
09-18-2017, 11:12 PM
Im waiting to get the X, I have the iPhone 7 now. Will not get the 8. The new features the X has is worth the upgrade from my 7.

Big Hoss
09-19-2017, 11:08 AM
Still using my trusty old galaxy 5s!

xdude
09-19-2017, 08:53 PM
I think once you get into that price category, it ain't about the functionality or features, its all about the bragging rights.

I think that you are right and that is the whole point . That they offer a phone so expensive, so sweet looking that it becomes the prize. So you offer it as a prize for a contest, reward for attending time share thing . etc.

ie most people will not buy it, they will win it.
and ofcourse apple pockets the money.

that is how I got my ipod and Ipad opening checking accounts etc. ( granted I think I would have to get a mortgage to justify a 1100 bucks)

MuscleAddiction
09-20-2017, 06:46 PM
I would never pay that much money for a cell phone...that is just pure greed.

Ironguruera
09-21-2017, 12:27 PM
I would never pay that much money for a cell phone...that is just pure greed.

Agreed! They are so smart though. They let u throw it onto the contact so u just pay a "small" monthly fee just like rolling negative equity into a car loan. The old "it's only x amount more a month".

They are geniuses.....

MuscleAddiction
09-21-2017, 01:13 PM
Agreed! They are so smart though. They let u throw it onto the contact so u just pay a "small" monthly fee just like rolling negative equity into a car loan. The old "it's only x amount more a month".

They are geniuses.....

They play on people's wants and trying to keep up with the Jones's, if one were to spend that much money on say a laptop computer you would get a pretty nice one, or say a family vacation where memories are made...to me it is ridiculous to spend that type of money on a device, it really is getting out of hand...smartphones have become another addiction that people are having to deal with. I don't know, but I do know I will not be getting one.

I won't fall for their genius marketing lol.

Willis
09-22-2017, 01:51 AM
Become the M'ther Fn Jones's..hahaha..

Amazing marketing plan from Samsung and Apple, you have to admit. What I think is stupid is people spreading there finances thin just for a phone. That is ridiculous... Now I don't get a new phone every year but I try to get a new one when it matters. I need not only my phone's but my laptops to be as fast as possible. For the X there are a ton of features that I can benefit from. Different perspective from my standpoint. :-)

I do agree with you guys, some people honestly are addicted to having the latest phone out. Even if it doesn't make sense for the upgrade. Crazy..

knights
09-22-2017, 09:28 AM

This is the first phone I ever owned, it was $1000.00 back in the day and cost 300.00 bucks a month to use !! LOL

MuscleAddiction
09-22-2017, 10:14 AM

This is the first phone I ever owned, it was $1000.00 back in the day and cost 300.00 bucks a month to use !! LOL

Lol, dang...show that to this generation of kids, some have never seen a phone booth! I remember a call was a quarter. That is a classic phone right there Knights!

AnalogMan
09-22-2017, 12:02 PM

That's sweet Knights.. I had one of those , late 90's. Wow ,have not seen one of those since the 90's (Bag Phone). I'd hold on to that bad boy......AM

Big Hoss
09-22-2017, 12:28 PM
I remember when I used to carry around a pager!!!! lol Everybody thought you were hot sh*t if you had a pager in high school.

SFDan
09-22-2017, 12:38 PM
I had forgotten it, but now that you mention it Knights, I remember the first cell I got was hardwired into my car back in the 80's. It was called an Okie or something like that. Big handset on the console and a shoebox containing the guts which they put in the trunk. Cost something like 2K and the bill was $2-400 per month. That was for like an hour of talk time and a lot of $ for a phone bill back then. So, even through the iPhone X is up there at $1K, things have certainly gotten better and cheaper in some ways.

MuscleAddiction
09-22-2017, 02:31 PM

This was the first cell phone I remember, we had it for work back in the day before the Nokia ones came out that everyone started buying.

knights
09-22-2017, 03:33 PM
its amazing how much technology has grown and will grow! sooner or later we'll teleport to anywhere in the world!!!

xdude
09-22-2017, 07:19 PM

I had one of those for work... someone figured out you could get bonus points from verizon that you could buy shit with.
my co worker used his so much he got a computer setup..

after a couple of years we switch to digital phones that didn't have a brick battery..