PDA

View Full Version : Weight gainers

knights
02-10-2019, 03:55 PM
Anyone use weight gainer powders like ON Serious Mass? What are the pros and cons of using weight gainers instead of Whole Foods? My work hours are crazy, just don’t have the time anymore to eat 5-6 meals a day. Thanks!

MuscleAddiction
02-10-2019, 05:25 PM
Get a Nutribullet and blend your own weight gainer shake...

1c dry oats
3/4c egg whites
2 scoops protein powder
1c almond milk
2 tbsp olive oil (or favorite oil) or peanut butter

This is what I do, the Nutribullet blends it to a nice smooth consistency. Blend a couple shakes to have with you with your meals.

knights
02-10-2019, 11:03 PM

1c dry oats
3/4c egg whites
2 scoops protein powder
1c almond milk

This is what I do, the Nutribullet blends it to a nice smooth consistency. Blend a couple shakes to have with you with your meals.

great idea MA! Do you happen to know what the total calories is in that combo? I’m trying to get 1250-1500 calories per shake.

thanks!

AnalogMan
02-11-2019, 03:37 PM
I'm not trying to answer for MA !!
95 Cals 3/4 egg whites - 3% fat/ 6%/carbs/91% protein
290 Cals 1 cup dry oats- 15%f/69%carbs/16% protein
240 Cals 2 scoops ON whey protein 2%fat/6%carbs/48%protein
40 Cals 1 cup Almond milk 74%f/13%carbs/19% Protein

94 Cals 1 tbsp. peanut butter / Olive oil ????

My guess??

Protein is really the building block for 'hard gainers' and they come in many different forms. Finding the ideal amount of protein powder that you should be using for the best results.
I would say you need at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.

So lets say at 180lbs, you would need to consume 'daily' 180 grams. Divide the total number (whatever weight you are). So 180lbs divide this total number up to between 5-6 meals per day and you will come out with around 30-36 grams of protein per meal. If you don't have time to cook a whole food meal, then just blend up a some protein shakes with milk and some frozen fruit to get your daily protein required.

I'm diabetic, so I really look at my protein intake, if I don't get it from whole food, I'll make the rest with ON protein, but I eat A lot of P28.. I take 4 shots of insulin per day, and that will make you eat like the 'horse' I am.. And ON brand is the best..IMHO..

www.P28foods.com is great. Check them out. They have been a sponsor at the classic about 8 years, the bread, peanut butter is great!! Almond peanut butter!!! You could make a couple sandwich's of P28 and like MA said mix up your drinks. Good to go...You can get some great stuff from p28...

If your looking for calories, check out Ultimate Nutrition Muscle Juice Revolution 2600..Best weight gainer on the market.. Its loaded.. Just my 2 cents...……………...AM

MuscleAddiction
02-11-2019, 04:56 PM
I'm not trying to answer for MA !!
95 Cals 3/4 egg whites - 3% fat/ 6%/carbs/91% protein
290 Cals 1 cup dry oats- 15%f/69%carbs/16% protein
240 Cals 2 scoops ON whey protein 2%fat/6%carbs/48%protein
40 Cals 1 cup Almond milk 74%f/13%carbs/19% Protein

94 Cals 1 tbsp. peanut butter / Olive oil ????

My guess??

Protein is really the building block for 'hard gainers' and they come in many different forms. Finding the ideal amount of protein powder that you should be using for the best results.
I would say you need at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight.

So lets say at 180lbs, you would need to consume 'daily' 180 grams. Divide the total number (whatever weight you are). So 180lbs divide this total number up to between 5-6 meals per day and you will come out with around 30-36 grams of protein per meal. If you don't have time to cook a whole food meal, then just blend up a some protein shakes with milk and some frozen fruit to get your daily protein required.

I'm diabetic, so I really look at my protein intake, if I don't get it from whole food, I'll make the rest with ON protein, but I eat A lot of P28.. I take 4 shots of insulin per day, and that will make you eat like the 'horse' I am.. And ON brand is the best..IMHO..

www.P28foods.com is great. Check them out. They have been a sponsor at the classic about 8 years, the bread, peanut butter is great!! Almond peanut butter!!! You could make a couple sandwich's of P28 and like MA said mix up your drinks. Good to go...You can get some great stuff from p28...

If your looking for calories, check out Ultimate Nutrition Muscle Juice Revolution 2600..Best weight gainer on the market.. Its loaded.. Just my 2 cents...……………...AM

Answer away my brother, yeah this is what I do and instead of buying both a weight gainer AND protein powder I just make my own with whole food ingredients. If you want to add more carbs you can get Universal Nutrition Carbo Plus on bodybuilding.com for $8.99 for 2.2 lbs and add some of that to the mix. I have that for my PWO mix for carbs during my workout, or add more healthy fats to the shake to bump up the calories. It's whatever works best on your budget brother!

knights
02-11-2019, 10:54 PM
Thanks AM and MA! Exactly what I was looking for! Much appreciated. I have to say, I’m a bit behind the times when it comes to whole food alternatives, I’ve been eating 5-6 meals day for well over 10 years. I’m OCD to the max, unfortunately....that means the same meals and same combos day in and day out!

This morning I had 5 egg whites with 2 yolks, followed by 2 meals of sliced chicken breast and broccoli over white rice, for dinner I did turkey sausage and a burger patty with sweet potatoes.

Knights

MuscleAddiction
02-17-2019, 01:15 PM
Knights, so I decided to try Universal Real Gains weight gainer, total calories per 3.5 scoop serving is 602, carbs 84g, protein 53g, and fats 6g. 10lb bag is 31 servings from bodybuilding.com. Will try it tomorrow for my post workout shake.

Orange24
02-19-2019, 04:33 PM

1c dry oats
3/4c egg whites
2 scoops protein powder
1c almond milk

Literally exactly what I do! I have a nutri and blendtec both are awesome! Great shake!!! Mmmmm always peanut butter haha.

AnalogMan
02-19-2019, 04:52 PM
Eat everything you can, CALORIES. Eat everything you can feed yourself until you see the scale begin climbing, and train hard. The weights will create the deficit for more food, and more food will create the strength and energy for more weights. The 2 go hand in hand...………….AM

Orange24
02-19-2019, 05:12 PM
Eat everything you can, CALORIES. Eat everything you can feed yourself until you see the scale begin climbing, and train hard. The weights will create the deficit for more food, and more food will create the strength and energy for more weights. The 2 go hand in hand...………….AM

Yep yep yep! Eat and eat and eat. Ghrp 6 helps as well as mk677

MuscleAddiction
02-19-2019, 05:59 PM
The Universal Real Gains is pretty darn good, in the Nutribullet with almond milk makes it very smooth and creamy. I just use it immediately after training, otherwise my whole food blend is my go to.