PDA

View Full Version : Olympia Contestants

xdude
08-06-2019, 06:47 PM
so with the tampa pro over the qualifying series is closed and the count down begins

MR. OLYMPIA QUALIFIED
William Bonac Netherlands
Maxx Charles USA
Hadi Choopan Iran
Brandon Curry USA
Nathan De Asha UK
Jonathan DeLaRosa USA
Clarence De Vis Belgium
Phil Heath USA
Dexter Jackson USA
Steve Kuclo USA
Josh Lenartowicz Australia
Michael Lockett USA
Patrick Moore USA
Juan Morel USA
Lukas Osladil Czech Republic
Shawn Rhoden USA
Luke Sandoe UK
Mohamed Shaaban Egypt
Akim Williams USA
Roelly Winklaar Curacao

212 OLYMPIA

Noel Adame USA
Mahmood Al Durrah Canada
Sami Al Haddad Bahrain
Ahmad Ashkanani Kuwait
Kokeny Bela Hungary
Steve Benthin Germany
Hadi Choopan Iran
Shaun Clarida USA
Eduardo Correa Da Silva Brazil
Lloyd Dollar USA
Kamal Elgargni Libya
Angel Calderon Frias Spain
Fahad Zaid Hazzizi Saudi Arabia
David Henry USA
John Jewett USA
Oleh Kryvyi Ukraine
James Lewis UK
Derek Lunsford USA
Aaron Polites Australia
Adolphus Quoida Canada
Jose Raymond USA
Tomas Tabiciar Slovakia
Zane Watson Canada
Hidetada Yamagishi Japan

this is according to the website... however
I saw Shawn Rhoden and thought he was out, and last video I saw of Jose Raymond he was not ready.. and I thought retired
and Hadi Chopen is listed twice, I didn't think he did 212 ...didn;t flex lewis retire?

Rhoden I thought was the favorite .. and now I am not so sure

xdude
08-12-2019, 07:31 PM
Cedric got a special invite since he is still serving in the military and could not make all the qualifiers.
I keep seeing stuff for a big ramy and Kai invites... but right now I don't see it .
and they would need to know now to be ready...

AnalogMan
08-12-2019, 08:18 PM
This is why the show here is so big.. Already started booking the show this month. If you click on IFBB Pro League you'll see what they got paid last year.. I think you were a little low, I'll take one hundred thirty grand, and it will be more this year, I've heard the figure ......……..AM

https://www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/sports-and-events/Olympic-sports/futsal/

xdude
08-13-2019, 07:00 AM
my comment was on the Arnold Europe... that capped out at 10K for first IIRC
US probably will pass the MR o soon

AnalogMan
08-13-2019, 12:05 PM
My bad X...I looked at it as, were bodybuildings headed! I guess what I'm saying is the number of events nearly doubled in the last 7 years, from 46 to its current 80 as the festival continue reaching beyond its bodybuilding roots. It's growing out of control, just keep adding new events and things to do. Eighty sports or events being held throughout the four day festival brings in over 200,000 visitors and 22,000 athletes from around the world. The strongman and strongwoman has really takin over. Thats wall to wall.. Plus the high school weight-lifting:bench press and dead-lift competitions for boys and girls across weight groups. The fitness expo, which is run by (Kathy) bobs sister, Jim Lorimer kids, has over 1000 booths with equipment, clothes and nutritional supplements. The main bodybuilding competition is still huge, look at the prices.. While there isn't any set criteria, organizers prefer sports that have federations or associations, since those governing bodies establish rules and provide more fairness across competitions. Europe's a mess.. I've done the shows here in some capacity since Mr O was here. Its just huge now. I think you would have a great time here, and if you got here a week before, I could hook you up to help Rogue unload their 8 semi's of weights and platforms.LOL..……..AM

xdude
08-13-2019, 06:13 PM
oh I agree AC usa is out of control. ac Europe next year might be more interested since the prague pro is canceled..( sad that was a big show)
my weightlifting days may be over ... the back surgery I had last year may have been to late to allow the "dropped foot" to heal. it may be permanent.
I got more PT coming , and there is still hope. unloading 8 semi's sounds a bit out of my range these days..

MuscleAddiction
08-14-2019, 07:19 PM
so with the tampa pro over the qualifying series is closed and the count down begins

MR. OLYMPIA QUALIFIED
William Bonac Netherlands
Maxx Charles USA
Hadi Choopan Iran
Brandon Curry USA
Nathan De Asha UK
Jonathan DeLaRosa USA
Clarence De Vis Belgium
Phil Heath USA
Dexter Jackson USA
Steve Kuclo USA
Josh Lenartowicz Australia
Michael Lockett USA
Patrick Moore USA
Juan Morel USA
Lukas Osladil Czech Republic
Shawn Rhoden USA
Luke Sandoe UK
Mohamed Shaaban Egypt
Akim Williams USA
Roelly Winklaar Curacao

212 OLYMPIA

Noel Adame USA
Mahmood Al Durrah Canada
Sami Al Haddad Bahrain
Ahmad Ashkanani Kuwait
Kokeny Bela Hungary
Steve Benthin Germany
Hadi Choopan Iran
Shaun Clarida USA
Eduardo Correa Da Silva Brazil
Lloyd Dollar USA
Kamal Elgargni Libya
Angel Calderon Frias Spain
Fahad Zaid Hazzizi Saudi Arabia
David Henry USA
John Jewett USA
Oleh Kryvyi Ukraine
James Lewis UK
Derek Lunsford USA
Aaron Polites Australia
Adolphus Quoida Canada
Jose Raymond USA
Tomas Tabiciar Slovakia
Zane Watson Canada
Hidetada Yamagishi Japan

this is according to the website... however
I saw Shawn Rhoden and thought he was out, and last video I saw of Jose Raymond he was not ready.. and I thought retired
and Hadi Chopen is listed twice, I didn't think he did 212 ...didn;t flex lewis retire?

Rhoden I thought was the favorite .. and now I am not so sure

This list is who has qualified, not who is competing. They are still trying to get Hadi in the USA for the 212, I don't believe Ramy should get a special invite, he did not compete at all this year and came in 6th last year, he should sit out. Cedric was only a point or two away from qualifying so he makes sense.

Slayer
08-14-2019, 08:26 PM
I totally agree with MA. Ramy could of competed at the Tampa Pro.

JRam
08-15-2019, 01:41 PM
Let Shawn defend his title.

Innocent until proven guilty.

xdude
08-15-2019, 01:50 PM
I agree, the qualify series was created to create a fair competition of the best. reward those who work hard as well as come in great condition.
While Ramy is one of the biggest, and when in shape is awesome and a site to be seen... it should not be a give me unless he was top 5 the year before or there is circumstances beyond control.
Hopefully Iherb will not be streaming it this year, or if the do sponsor it , go with the a professional like youtube ( which they caved to for the finals last year)
Funny Ramy seem to mirror that performance , sucked in the prejudging and did better at the final

xdude
08-25-2019, 07:26 AM
just realized this over the weekend when looking through some videos .
Hadi won the Vancouver open class, not 212. He also won the 212 in Portugal... so I guess it would be his choice to what weight class he is in.

I don't think a special invite would be fair. However I would be OK with "buying" an invite from some one that is injured or retired after qualifying
if someone breaks a leg for example, then they could use the cash, and it would not be like the buyer was just getting in for nothing...
also it could lead to someone that really should not be on that stage, but has a lot of cash ..which could be amusing :)
just my $.02

Orange24
08-31-2019, 11:32 AM
just realized this over the weekend when looking through some videos .
Hadi won the Vancouver open class, not 212. He also won the 212 in Portugal... so I guess it would be his choice to what weight class he is in.

I don't think a special invite would be fair. However I would be OK with "buying" an invite from some one that is injured or retired after qualifying
if someone breaks a leg for example, then they could use the cash, and it would not be like the buyer was just getting in for nothing...
also it could lead to someone that really should not be on that stage, but has a lot of cash ..which could be amusing :)
just my $.02

HADI IS IN THE US!!!! He’s competing

Slayer
08-31-2019, 11:58 AM
If he can compete, I think he will be in the open. Flex has competition next year!

Orange24
09-01-2019, 08:04 PM
If he can compete, I think he will be in the open. Flex has competition next year!

The guy can win the open in my honest opinion. His muscles are just bulging from every angle. His conditioning is never off either. Only thing is him next to a 100% Roelly might dwarf him to death!!

Hope he doesn’t do 212, it’s a given her smash derek no matter what.

He hasn’t announced yet which division he’s competing in, but dan soloman said he’s definitely competing.

xdude
09-11-2019, 10:48 AM
well it is this weekend. looks like Nathan De nasha is out too .. he is fighting steroids charges.
Roelly was #3 last year and the highest ranking from last year.

so no Heath, Rami, Rhoden. wow this is really open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkxh6UMlZ1Y

OK so this year is wide open... I have got say, it could be anyone's game. this will come down to who is in shape, ripped and big..and no politics..which is the way should.
there is no last year's champion that is "the favorite" that can be a little off and still win.

so I am looking at this list, and it is down to
rolley, bonac,mcmillian, Morel,curry,kuklo and we can not rule out dexter, hadi,moore and of course anyone that manages to figure out their peak perfectly ( everyone else on the list)...
it happen before when Samir Bannout came out of no where to Win...I mean he was always good,but his conditioning was always a little off. come the 83 mr o it was wide open like this and boom he nailed it.

I have not been reading the blogs and instagrams ..., so I have no idea of the top 6
I can even guess

Slayer
09-11-2019, 03:51 PM
I would like to see Hadi next to Bonac. Does anyone know who will be streaming it?

xdude
09-11-2019, 04:44 PM
https://www.digitalmuscle.com/olympia/ hopefully better than last year iherb was just not ready for the server load... digital muscle did the Arnold so they have more experience.
but I woud prefer something that I can stream right to my tv like Youtube

Orange24
09-11-2019, 04:57 PM
well it is this weekend. looks like Nathan De nasha is out too .. he is fighting steroids charges.
Roelly was #3 last year and the highest ranking from last year.

so no Heath, Rami, Rhoden. wow this is really open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkxh6UMlZ1Y

OK so this year is wide open... I have got say, it could be anyone's game. this will come down to who is in shape, ripped and big..and no politics..which is the way should.
there is no last year's champion that is "the favorite" that can be a little off and still win.

so I am looking at this list, and it is down to
rolley, bonac,mcmillian, Morel,curry,kuklo and we can not rule out dexter, hadi,moore and of course anyone that manages to figure out their peak perfectly ( everyone else on the list)...
it happen before when Samir Bannout came out of no where to Win...I mean he was always good,but his conditioning was always a little off. come the 83 mr o it was wide open like this and boom he nailed it.

I have not been reading the blogs and instagrams ..., so I have no idea of the top 6
I can even guess

Top 6 for me

Roelly
Brandon
Bonac
Hadi
Dexter
Cedric OR luke

Morel could sneak into that mix easily, he’s peeled out of his shoes right now. Patrick Moore could surprise EVERYONE and will.

xdude
09-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Top 6 for me

Roelly
Brandon
Bonac
Hadi
Dexter
Cedric OR luke

Morel could sneak into that mix easily, he’s peeled out of his shoes right now. Patrick Moore could surprise EVERYONE and will.

in that order?

I'd be impressed with any one that put down the top six and got 3 in right placing ..and the other 3 in top 6 ...this is up for grabs

you didn't have Kuklo in there, I thought last year he made serious improvements. didn't he break top 6

Orange24
09-11-2019, 07:27 PM
in that order?

I'd be impressed with any one that put down the top six and got 3 in right placing ..and the other 3 in top 6 ...this is up for grabs

you didn't have Kuklo in there, I thought last year he made serious improvements. didn't he break top 6

Not in that order. Love Steve but don’t see him
Top 6. The entire list is interchangeable for sure!!! Freakin dexter could win. I’ll say this though, if Cedric NAILS it, he wins.

xdude
09-11-2019, 08:10 PM
agreed

xdude
09-14-2019, 09:36 AM
Mr. Olympia 2019 Men’s 212 Results & Prize Money

1. Kamal Elgargni, $50,000
2. Derek Lunsford, $20,000
3. Shaun Clarida, $10,000
4. John Jewett, $6,000
5. Ahmad Ashkanani, $4,000

I didn't know Flex was out... ashkanani is kind of a surprise ...he is usually dead on
it was a toss up for me between lunsford and elgargni ..but I would lean toward elgargni
unsford looked bigger, but elgargni had better lines and appeared more ripped

as for prejudging of the open... wow that was a tough call... Rolley has done an amazing job pulling in his bubble gut..I would say he doesn't have one anymore
top 3 brandon hadi and bonac ..no idea who is going to win

Orange24
09-14-2019, 10:22 AM
Mr. Olympia 2019 Men’s 212 Results & Prize Money

1. Kamal Elgargni, $50,000
2. Derek Lunsford, $20,000
3. Shaun Clarida, $10,000
4. John Jewett, $6,000
5. Ahmad Ashkanani, $4,000

I didn't know Flex was out... ashkanani is kind of a surprise ...he is usually dead on
it was a toss up for me between lunsford and elgargni ..but I would lean toward elgargni
unsford looked bigger, but elgargni had better lines and appeared more ripped

as for prejudging of the open... wow that was a tough call... Rolley has done an amazing job pulling in his bubble gut..I would say he doesn't have one anymore
top 3 brandon hadi and bonac ..no idea who is going to win

Derek Lunsford looked awful, way off. The guys gotta go open and stop sucking down to 212. No detail or conditioning. And he has the potential to smoke the entire line up.

Open class has me mystified. Only thing I know for sure is hadi in definitely top 4. Brandon will probably win though, he has enough to win. Why is no one ever completely peeled anymore?!

Brandon
Rolly
Hadi
Bonac
Dexter
And I disagreed with kuklow being in the first call out.

Mcmillian could move up to 3-4th tonight. Stay tuned.

xdude
09-14-2019, 11:34 AM
for the first call out, I think they were covering the bases... that was a big line up..
once they started, kuklo definitely didn't belong.... I didn't see the compulsories he must have look better then..

Orange24
09-14-2019, 11:35 AM
for the first call out, I think they were covering the bases... that was a big line up..
once they started, kuklo definitely didn't belong.... I didn't see the compulsories he must have look better then..

I have Luke over kuklow

xdude
09-14-2019, 01:23 PM
do you have a good link for the 212 compulsories/prejudging?
all I can find is copies of phone video , mostly portrait instead of landscape ( why do people do that, my tv is not portrait, also too much ceiling and floor)

xdude
09-15-2019, 02:23 PM
1. Brandon Curry, $400,000
2. William Bonac, $150,000
3. Hadi Choopan, $100,000
4. Dexter Jackson, $45,000
5. Roelly Winklaar, $40,000

I would have hadi in second ..but pretty much agree

MuscleAddiction
09-15-2019, 04:17 PM
All I have to say is Chris Bumstead deserved the win, he has the Classic Physique look and looked phenomenal, I know they were picking him apart, but he rose in the end. I believe Steve Weinberger did a good job with his picks...Sandy did great with the ladies, the Ms. Olympia Bikini came out of left field for sure. It was an interesting Olympia this year for sure.

Orange24
09-15-2019, 05:06 PM
All I have to say is Chris Bumstead deserved the win, he has the Classic Physique look and looked phenomenal, I know they were picking him apart, but he rose in the end. I believe Steve Weinberger did a good job with his picks...Sandy did great with the ladies, the Ms. Olympia Bikini came out of left field for sure. It was an interesting Olympia this year for sure.

I can’t argue too bad with where placings ended up. Was a strange weekend for sure. Pre judging was a shit show for the open, not a soul in shape besides Patrick Moore and maybe hadi. William was there but about 80%. Most tightened up for finals. Brandon’s legs were a mess, nothing from behind like hammies, no separation in quads. His showing was good enough though, phenomenal structure.

Breon and bum are apples and oranges. It’s really whichever you prefer. Breon was 100% like every year and didn’t win which was odd to
me because he was the standard for the division. I’m saying Chris didn’t deserve the win but nothing else breon could have done, he was at his all time
Best.

MuscleAddiction
09-15-2019, 11:33 PM
I can’t argue too bad with where placings ended up. Was a strange weekend for sure. Pre judging was a shit show for the open, not a soul in shape besides Patrick Moore and maybe hadi. William was there but about 80%. Most tightened up for finals. Brandon’s legs were a mess, nothing from behind like hammies, no separation in quads. His showing was good enough though, phenomenal structure.

Breon and bum are apples and oranges. It’s really whichever you prefer. Breon was 100% like every year and didn’t win which was odd to
me because he was the standard for the division. I’m saying Chris didn’t deserve the win but nothing else breon could have done, he was at his all time
Best.

Yes in prejudging there was a lot of water on stage for sure, except for the women's divisions, cut and dry were the ladies. Enjoyed the fitness competitors routines, and these gals are doing them depleted and dehydrated, crazy.

xdude
09-16-2019, 09:49 AM
here is a link for the Friday show, supposedly up to 4k (was it streamed at 4k?) ( I have dsl so 4 k is right out for me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3jWhJgjodo&t=11730s

as Sheldon Cooper says I can count you nose hairs LOL