PDA

View Full Version : OMAD Diet

Reynolds
03-31-2021, 11:34 AM
For the past month I have moved to eating OMAD "One Meal A Day" at dinner, eating quite healthy mix of all macros and putting away some decent calories. Things I have noticed :

1. Super focused during the day at work.
2. Hungry pains went away after the 1st week.
3. Averaging two pounds a week weight loss.
4. Bloat is WAY down
5. Mental and physical overall well being has improved.
6. Trouble getting through workouts in the afternoon as I would have if eating small meals all day.

I like the way I feel so I am going to stick to it.

#5 Above - I can mainly attribute to just the change in diet and exercise activity.
#6 Above - I need some advise on what I could do to improve the workout issue? Maybe eat something with carbs 30minutes before getting to the work out? It would be very close to my evening meal so I wouldn't be effecting the "OMAD" concept very much.

Anyone with experience on OMAD or has suggestions to battle #6 would be greatly appreciated!

MuscleAddiction
03-31-2021, 01:17 PM
For the past month I have moved to eating OMAD "One Meal A Day" at dinner, eating quite healthy mix of all macros and putting away some decent calories. Things I have noticed :

1. Super focused during the day at work.
2. Hungry pains went away after the 1st week.
3. Averaging two pounds a week weight loss.
4. Bloat is WAY down
5. Mental and physical overall well being has improved.
6. Trouble getting through workouts in the afternoon as I would have if eating small meals all day.

I like the way I feel so I am going to stick to it.

#5 Above - I can mainly attribute to just the change in diet and exercise activity.
#6 Above - I need some advise on what I could do to improve the workout issue? Maybe eat something with carbs 30minutes before getting to the work out? It would be very close to my evening meal so I wouldn't be effecting the "OMAD" concept very much.

Anyone with experience on OMAD or has suggestions to battle #6 would be greatly appreciated!

Never heard of this diet, but yes I would either add a preworkout meal or slam a carb drink like Karbolyn with EAA's preworkout or just have and sip through workout. I do both but I train at 5am, protein shake at 4am, preworkout drink at 4:30am, then have my carb and EAA drink sipping through training.

ordawg1
04-01-2021, 12:28 PM
Sounds interesting - but I have nothing to offer .Keep us posted - Thanks-Pops

xdude
04-09-2021, 02:53 PM
I remember hearing that Stallone for demolition man was on a meal every 3 days , and the rest of the time protein drinks ...
I did a google search for it , and can not find it ...
latest thing I can see is a couple cookies, brown rice, egg whites and 25 cups of coffee with honey...
Funny did not get the impression he was caffeine tweak-er ...he seems to mellow for that.